Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:17:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DCM] Digital Commerce 1.35 Mil coins 100% POS/Soon Anon/Accounting wallet.  (Read 82554 times)
Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:16:45 PM

Tnx Wallenstein for hearing and answering all our complaints every day.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:21:30 PM

Bloodbath!

135btc budget... 25k marketcap. Unbelievable. Even HarmonyCoin who copied the OP of dCom now has a higher marketcap.

OMG... this post of yours is priceless.
merk475

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:23:18 PM

For what it's worth, we're also disappointed that there is virtually no market reaction to what we've put out so far. But we'll keep at it and eventually it will pick up. We are going down what I would call a "rational path"; if we do what we promised it really should result in major value gains. If it doesn't then you can probably forget being rational about the altcoin market and go back to chasing the hot coin of the week.

It's interesting that you bring up rationality. I haven't been into cryptos very long (started in Jan), and at first figured it'd be like how stocks work, or a regular investment -- people would invest based on features, developers, quality of coin and so on.

But by now, I think rationality doesn't play nearly as large a role in regard to a coin's price as it should. Actually I think logic and rationality sometimes play very small roles.

Otherwise we wouldn't get the hot coin of the week ... the new anon coin that skyrockets up, based on an anon promise or very iffy code... or no anon code at all... nation coins would never, ever have been worth what they were, and so on. So it's okay to be rational from a dev standpoint, but just don't assume that investors will be.

The lack of market reaction probably is due to the fact that nobody knows a timetable for any of the proposed things, nor can believe with 100% certainty the devs will deliver. And you don't get the benefit of new anon hype as the coin has already been pumped/dumped once -- I also expect very few are following the coin, so they may not even know about the things proposed. So the way to increase price is to implement something... anything... from that list of features. And I'd also suggest using ipo money to buy/rent machines to mine on the multipool and get some price support going.

Rationality definitely goes out the window when dealing with cryptos.  Everyone is looking to get rich quick.  Some are good at it, but most get burned.  I'm hoping this irrational thinking will eventually give way to rational investing. But currently those alts (in my opinion) that are considered rational investments, are the coins struggling.  Most of the money I have tied up in alts, I have distributed between a few coins of which none I want to sell off because if I'm trying to be patient and I truly believe I will be rewarded.  Sometimes though, I wonder if I should just take out 1-3 BTC just to "play" with and make some extra coin on the side.  The problem with this is that the market would have to be watched almost all day every day with a constant fear of that particular "hot" coin tanking at any given second.
Digithusiast

Activity: 886
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:34:17 PM

If you read the ANN and see what has become of this DigitalCommerce 18 days after IPO, it is a total disgrace.

As stated before, the only ones dumping below IPO price are those who got DCM for free. Or those who got BTC from the IPO for free and converted these into DCM.

Now think a minute about who these dumpers are... Kiss ?

The devs who wrote all those beautiful words in the ANN have now all vanished from stage except for Wallenstein, who still has the balls to face the music.

The devs should have used/should still use their budget to keep the price up above IPO.

Unfortunately, they have decided to let this coin bleed to death, including the IPO investors.

Bear in mind there are only 233 DCM wallets with a balance greater than 0, excluding the Bittrex exchange wallet.

At this moment, for only 25+ BTC the devs could buy all DCM off the exchange wallet and stabilize DCM.

The question is, how committed are these devs, if at all...

poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:35:40 PM

Sometimes though, I wonder if I should just take out 1-3 BTC just to "play" with and make some extra coin on the side.  The problem with this is that the market would have to be watched almost all day every day with a constant fear of that particular "hot" coin tanking at any given second.

Yeah, I've considered doing the same thing, although I probably don't watch the market close enough to do it properly. I also don't keep a lot of spare BTC about, as it tends to be tied up in alts (although trying to rectify that a bit, at least), and I am a pretty small trader overall compared to most here... so losing 1-3 BTC out of my chunk of coins would definitely hurt.

So I guess those that do trade like that have a lot of spare coin and have more time than most people.  An example probably would be polo trollbox regulars ... it's sort of amusing sometimes to watch their chatter. Some treat it like jobs, jumping from coin to coin daily, hyping nonsense basically.

MarketMagic

Activity: 777
Merit: 777

Altbone inc.Burial service for altcoins

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:44:40 PM

The reality here is that the digital coin market is inhabited by non commercial people at this point in time however as the technology is adopted by the commercial entities they will be attracted to this type of coin.An encrypted messaging service built into the wallet for professionals within the legal profession,maybe security professionals and any others who would find this feature useful would be beneficial.

The anon feature is good for privacy for consumers of say sensitive medication,etc or whatever but if the anon feature is better than others a free version and maybe a paid version such as licence for use per year would even make it more attractive with psychological value due to professionals not trusting free open source software etc in business.Also such technology when perfected should be patented where possible and other features protected with trade mark and copyright.

I am speaking only for this commercial type coin.

This technology is new and it is staking a claim in an untapped market before some big player with a large corporate budget jumps in and takes over.You need to build a brand for now and do the spadework right and seriously evolve into a doing business on the blockchain type of company/organisation. Smiley

█████████████████████
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:45:12 PM

If you read the ANN and see what has become of this DigitalCommerce 18 days after IPO, it is a total disgrace.

As stated before, the only ones dumping below IPO price are those who got DCM for free. Or those who got BTC from the IPO for free and converted these into DCM.

The devs who wrote all those beautiful words in the ANN have now all vanished from stage except for Wallenstein, who still has the balls to face the music.

The devs should have used/should still use their budget to keep the price up above IPO.

Unfortunately, they have decided to let this coin bleed to death, including the IPO investors.

Bear in mind there are only 233 DCM wallets with a balance greater than 0, excluding the Bittrex exchange wallet.

At this moment, for only 25+ BTC the devs could buy all DCM off the exchange wallet and stabilize DCM.

The question is, how committed are these devs...

They could set up a buy wall, but I'm not sure how long it'd last. I've suggested it more than once, but they could instead support the multipool via mining, which indirectly would then add buy support. The devs certainly can afford to buy/rent machines with their spare btc from the ipo.

I guess it could be argued that the devs are thinking too rationally, that people will behave like normal investors and simply wait for new things. That can be dangerous.

As for dumpers, I expect many are those who bought at ipo prices, maybe made a little profit, and then held onto the remainder of their coins. And now just want out. There will also be those who bought at 10-30K, see it's worth a tiny fraction, panic and just take whatever they can. There is also the problem that when a coin slips below ipo prices, you get pressure down, as those who say bought at 5-6K may be very willing to take a loss at 3-4K. So it appears like major dumping, but really it's a combination of lack of buy support + already low prices simply slipping further down.
merk475

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 05:33:52 PM

That's the scary thing.  Only 233 wallets, other than what is on Bittrex.  Not a lot of owners willing to hold long-term right now.
merk475

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 05:38:41 PM

The reality here is that the digital coin market is inhabited by non commercial people at this point in time however as the technology is adopted by the commercial entities they will be attracted to this type of coin.An encrypted messaging service built into the wallet for professionals within the legal profession,maybe security professionals and any others who would find this feature useful would be beneficial.

The anon feature is good for privacy for consumers of say sensitive medication,etc or whatever but if the anon feature is better than others a free version and maybe a paid version such as licence for use per year would even make it more attractive with psychological value due to professionals not trusting free open source software etc in business.Also such technology when perfected should be patented where possible and other features protected with trade mark and copyright.

This technology is new and it is staking a claim in an untapped market before some big player with a large corporate budget jumps in and takes over.You need to build a brand for now and do the spadework right and seriously evolve into a doing business on the blockchain type of company/organisation. Smiley

Therein lies a problem.  Devs hoped that a coin created to have a commercial application would succeed today, when in fact the market is not ready for it.  Will the market/traders eventually be ready for it?  Sure.....but right now that is not the case.  So I wonder if it would just make sense to put the development towards a commercial application on hold, and concentrate on the things that could make this coin flourish now.  Re-build the coin that way, increase the market cap, use the newly acquired funds from a larger market cap and put it towards the commercial development.  Something has to bring investors back.  It's a great coin, with a lot of good ideas, but the market doesn't see it as such.  MAKE IT NOTICE!
Wallenstein

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 05:47:34 PM

We're committed and as far as I know (and I really have no reason to doubt this) all of us dev still hold the coins we purchased. I'll tell you my story: I bought into the IPO using my own funds, sold a bunch for 3x the buying price. I could have sold the rest on the way down but didn't do so because I didn't want to add to the sell pressure. I have since bought more at below IPO levels. So there you have the answer to your "commitment" question from my side.

We *are* watching the market; even if we don't post about this every day.
Wallenstein

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 05:51:46 PM

Therein lies a problem.  Devs hoped that a coin created to have a commercial application would succeed today, when in fact the market is not ready for it.  Will the market/traders eventually be ready for it?  Sure.....but right now that is not the case.  So I wonder if it would just make sense to put the development towards a commercial application on hold, and concentrate on the things that could make this coin flourish now.  Re-build the coin that way, increase the market cap, use the newly acquired funds from a larger market cap and put it towards the commercial development.  Something has to bring investors back.  It's a great coin, with a lot of good ideas, but the market doesn't see it as such.  MAKE IT NOTICE!

Well give us your ideas. If you want to, you can PM me or catch me on IRC.
Wallenstein

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 05:53:15 PM

I assure you that I'm in contact with the other devs pretty much on a daily basis. Noone has disappeared.
MarketMagic

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 05:57:35 PM

The questions also is "why would I bother converting my funds to Digital commerce if I have to first purchase BTC and then go to an exchange and buy digital commerce.It is too much hassle and about as efficient as the mundane online banking process.

Digital commerce would do better to have their own version of paypal linked directly to the customers bank account to overcome this.

These are huge barriers to the successful commercial market adaptive process and must be overcome with practical solutions for a market that is unforgiving to inconvenience or non performance.

I do believe though over the medium to long term range that this team will incorporate a commercial entity and have proper legal standing and commercial function.

This is a microsoft in the garage days in the 80's situation now but the evolution of technology and market process has multiplied in speed of adoption due to the digital age and if correct calculated steps are taken in a non rushed manner I believe the possibilities are well beyond what anyone is forecasting now and in fact their next public offering could be on the NYSE if they get it right.

If they dont they will be punished by the marketplace and sold into the dirt.

█████████████████████
Wallenstein

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 06:06:04 PM

The questions also is "why would I bother converting my funds to Digital commerce if I have to first purchase BTC and then go to an exchange and buy digital commerce.It is too much hassle and about as efficient as the mundane online banking process.

Digital commerce would do better to have their own version of paypal linked directly to the customers bank account to overcome this.

These are huge barriers to the successful commercial market adaptive process and must be overcome with practical solutions for a market that is unforgiving to inconvenience or non performance.

I do believe though over the medium to long term range that this team will incorporate a commercial entity and have proper legal standing and commercial function.

This is a microsoft in the garage days in the 80's situation now but the evolution of technology and market process has multiplied in speed of adoption due to the digital age and if correct calculated steps are taken in a non rushed manner I believe the possibilities are well beyond what anyone is forecasting now and in fact their next public offering could be on the NYSE if they get it right.

I'm guessing that you don't know the details about the regulations surrounding fiat conversion in the US. Lets just say that it's on a per-state basis and that our IPO budget is laughable when compared to the sums involved/required.

As for your other comments: no matter what we do, NYSE stock listing doesn't seem to be a realistic goal IMHO but thank you for your vote of confidence :-)
MarketMagic

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 06:12:30 PM

In commercial enterprise with regards to medium of exchange key points to focus on are always proof of product-proof of funds-price-procedure-performance of buyer/intermediary means of exchange/seller.

The buyer wants the product+the seller claims to have the product(perhaps a form of validation of merchant by medium of exchange would add value to intermediary service provided by means of exchange)+buyer shows proof of funds+seller shows proof of product+procedure is discussed and agreed upon and payment method is then applied+performance guarantee of both buyer and seller can be assisted by means of escrow service in large transactions by digital commerce where this is requested by large commercial enterprise purchase/sales but simple efficient transaction for normal low value transactions.

█████████████████████
MarketMagic

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 06:16:14 PM

I'm guessing that you don't know the details about the regulations surrounding fiat conversion in the US. Lets just say that it's on a per-state basis and that our IPO budget is laughable when compared to the sums involved/required.

You are referring to collateral obligations?Then maybe secure branding and any patent worthy technology and approach investors with equity portion in hand.

█████████████████████
MarketMagic

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 06:22:22 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2014, 06:42:25 PM by MarketMagic

Digital commerce could form a company where the currency is just a part of its service.It could package together a whole range of services and be like a swiss army knife offering document exchange,conference calls like skype,email,fax whatever and be a one stop shop for both professionals and business.

Maybe one day in the future both communications,contracts and payments will be sent over the D-COM network Smiley

█████████████████████
Digithusiast

Activity: 886
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 07:16:08 PM

Good to hear. Been mining 5 days, and no payouts while many M shares have been submitted.
Why is the pool now stating the next payout is june 21 ?
where can I see my total of M shares submitted and not yet paid out?
If you want to attract more miners, a transparent overview of the pool and the miner stats are priority number 1.
It seems currently I am the only one stupid enough to mine for you at http://dcm.multipoolmining.com/ ...

oh, and another thing, the miner regularly reports: "Waiting for work to be available from pools..."
It seems your multipool does not even have work enough for 1 miner, who will soon be leaving the pool too.

DCM withdraw and deposit not working for 4 days now, payout DCM multipool not processed for 4 days now.

Is anybody of the dev team working on this?

we just got reply to our ticket from bittrex, that withdrawals are enabled again. We will process multipool payouts somewhere today.
Kreativekrypto

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 08:21:41 PM

Hey all, I'm still looking into avenues we previously didn't consider for DCM, mainly because as a few of you stated, crypto is not exactly ready for a commercial mainstream coin (obviously this took all of us unaware). I didn't want to have to use cheap marketing tactics to bring us all some monetary success but it may be needed. I'll say this though, it would be extremely helpful to "outside whales" if we didn't have 95% of the coins on bittrex, right now it looks like a pure uphill battle for anyone to pump. This is the cold hard reality of this right now, if a large day trader looks at our block explorer and terrible distribution it will be almost an instant pass. I can only ask that those holding change that, inevitably it would help, but this is anyone's choice really.
Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 08:36:45 PM

Focus on creating a decentralized black market like voot is aiming for? You guys got the budget to realize it much faster than they can I guess. It's also how bitcoin started...

It's not very original,  but it's the type of commerce crypto is actually more useful then ordinary currencies. And it's a huge market: guns, drugs, organs, hostages & prostitutes. That's what all these nasty mofo's wanna buy. Create a nice environment for them Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: