Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:52:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: It's called a correction (waveaddict's bitcoin charting subscription thread)  (Read 92033 times)
waveaddict (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 02:13:54 PM

New subscriber; catching up with the nomenclature...

In chart 94; when you use the word "reversal" on the MACD chart does that mean reversal of the price trend or reversal of the MACD trend?

In chart 95 you provide two predictive curves, green and purple, am I right to assume that these represent the two edges of your prediction and we should therefore expect to see trading between these two.  Or... are they worst case/best case type of lines?

Apologies for the questions; dropping in without the context of previous charts makes the learning curve a bit steeper... not that I mind that.

I think you meant (95) and (96) respectively

For the first question, a reversal of one would pretty much mean a reversal of the other

For your second question, 'purple' and 'green' are the most likely outcomes from the technical evidence thus far.

hope that clears things up,  Smiley
-waveaddict

"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
realnowhereman

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 02:54:31 PM

In chart 94; when you use the word "reversal" on the MACD chart does that mean reversal of the price trend or reversal of the MACD trend?

In chart 95 you provide two predictive curves, green and purple, am I right to assume that these represent the two edges of your prediction and we should therefore expect to see trading between these two.  Or... are they worst case/best case type of lines?

Apologies for the questions; dropping in without the context of previous charts makes the learning curve a bit steeper... not that I mind that.

Yes; you're right.  My email client puts the labels at the bottom and I forgot that Smiley

For the first question, a reversal of one would pretty much mean a reversal of the other

I'm still a bit confused; as MACD going one way doesn't mean price going the same way does it?

Regardless; I think I understand what you were predicting (and by the looks of it, it came true).

For your second question, 'purple' and 'green' are the most likely outcomes from the technical evidence thus far.

-waveaddict

Okay, but what's the difference between them?  Why two lines and not one?  What is the second line showing me?

1AAZ4xBHbiCr96nsZJ8jtPkSzsg1CqhwDa
waveaddict (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 03:05:57 PM

Yes; you're right.  My email client puts the labels at the bottom and I forgot that Smiley

I'm still a bit confused; as MACD going one way doesn't mean price going the same way does it?

Regardless; I think I understand what you were predicting (and by the looks of it, it came true).

-waveaddict

Okay, but what's the difference between them?  Why two lines and not one?  What is the second line showing me?

The two lines within the MACD represent a longer-term and shorter-term moving average.

Trust me, give it a few more days and you will understand how I am thinking in my emails. I usually go out of my way to explain things.  Smiley

realnowhereman

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 03:37:32 PM

Don't take my questions as criticism.  I'm just one of those anal, "must understand every line" types and so am abusing your previously demonstrated good nature towards questioners.

Thanks for the responses; I'm sure it'll become clearer as time passes.

1AAZ4xBHbiCr96nsZJ8jtPkSzsg1CqhwDa
SkRRJyTC
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 10:36:14 PM

Im addicted to the daily updates...

I NEED MY FIX  Cheesy
waveaddict (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2012, 10:43:51 PM

Im addicted to the daily updates...

I NEED MY FIX  Cheesy

Well your in luck, I 'just' sent today's email  Smiley

-March 15 update (includes chart: 97)

Flappy

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 04:50:31 AM

What is to stop the S&P from hitting 1500 as it did in 2000 and 2007?
waveaddict (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 04:38:02 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2012, 04:49:16 PM by waveaddict

From a Resistance standpoint: not much

From a Elliott Wave standpoint: it's possible but not probable

From a Fractal standpoint: its doesn't look good --> http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/812/theartoffractals.png/ (the top chart is what the market looked like in 2007 before it collapsed, while the bottom chart is what the market has looked like since 2009)

From a Dow Theorem standpoint: transports are lagging the broader market which has 'usually' defined tops in the past

From a underlying technical standpoint: there is many negative/bearish divergences in multiple time-frames right now which define tops

From a global market standpoint: The US market has officially disconnected from almost every other global market which are still below their Feb 2011 tops. At some point, either the global markets will play catch up to the US or vice versa. Either way, a large move in global markets is about to occur

From a contrarian standpoint: Bernanke was just featured on the cover of yet another major magazine for saving the world. Same thing happened in 1999 with Greenspan and that marked the end of the dot com bubble

*keep an eye on Apple since it is the main reason why the US markets are outperforming the global markets right now given how big it has become. when Apple tops and it is very close to topping at the moment after officially going parabolic, so too will all US markets. --> http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/aaplbubble.png/

beardman

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 07:24:17 PM

From a Fractal standpoint: its doesn't look good --> http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/812/theartoffractals.png/ (the top chart is what the market looked like in 2007 before it collapsed, while the bottom chart is what the market has looked like since 2009)

From a Dow Theorem standpoint: transports are lagging the broader market which has 'usually' defined tops in the past

From a underlying technical standpoint: there is many negative/bearish divergences in multiple time-frames right now which define tops

From a global market standpoint: The US market has officially disconnected from almost every other global market which are still below their Feb 2011 tops. At some point, either the global markets will play catch up to the US or vice versa. Either way, a large move in global markets is about to occur

From a contrarian standpoint: Bernanke was just featured on the cover of yet another major magazine for saving the world. Same thing happened in 1999 with Greenspan and that marked the end of the dot com bubble

*keep an eye on Apple since it is the main reason why the US markets are outperforming the global markets right now given how big it has become. when Apple tops and it is very close to topping at the moment after officially going parabolic, so too will all US markets. --> http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/aaplbubble.png/

Are there any resources you could suggest on fractals? Are those fractals on the S&P chart specifically related to Elliot Waves (I just did a quick googling and found a site that spoke about Elliot wave fractals)?

Also, a suggestion, it may be easier to find which chart is from which if you put the list of charts for each date on the front page and updated that as well when you sent out charts.
waveaddict (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 09:44:59 PM

Ok, since many 'subscribers' and 'non-subscribers' have come forward who want to help me design my website, I will turn this into a competition. Whoever creates the best website for me will get a free premium 6 month subscription. For those who have already signed up for premium or the extended basic, you will get a full refund if you are the winner but keep the service for the full 6 months.

For all those who want to take part: when you are finished, submit your entry into this forum. I want you, the subscribers, to pick the winner.  Smiley

Next three runners up, who obviously put a lot of time into their version, will receive premium for one month

Let's shoot for all the entries to be in by April 30, 2012

-waveaddict

Just making sure this previous post doesn't get lost in the thread  Smiley

Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 09:59:24 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2012, 10:39:22 PM by Otoh

Also, a suggestion, it may be easier to find which chart is from which if you put the list of charts for each date on the front page and updated that as well when you sent out charts.

also he could put

waveaddict's bitcoin charting subscription service

in his sig & OP until them, where they are listed atm

https://sites.google.com/site/waveaddictcharts/chart-numbers-sent

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
waveaddict (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 10:28:17 PM

also he could put

waveaddict's bitcoin charting subscription service

in his sig & OP until them, where the are listed atm

https://sites.google.com/site/waveaddictcharts/chart-numbers-sent

I updated the first thread post to include your site; it's looking good  Smiley

Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 10:36:21 PM

cool as, I'll keep it updated & work on putting up member forums too  Grin

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
waveaddict (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 12:35:29 AM

today's email has been sent  Smiley

-March 16 update (includes chart: 98)

pent

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 07:13:00 PM

I think the current "rally" was forced by some S3052 subscribers, as always. That previous "breakout" caused by single or several persons right after short term update. However I saw a single price bumb in volume ~35k BTC that breaked 5.2 resistance. All other was just echo.

So after that breakout nothing happened yet and price stays stable as before.

Was that a false signal forced by S3052 private newsletter?
waveaddict (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 07:49:45 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2012, 08:36:21 PM by waveaddict

I think the current "rally" was forced by some S3052 subscribers, as always. That previous "breakout" caused by single or several persons right after short term update. However I saw a single price bumb in volume ~35k BTC that breaked 5.2 resistance. All other was just echo.

So after that breakout nothing happened yet and price stays stable as before.

Was that a false signal forced by S3052 private newsletter?

It could have been forced but that doesn't change the fact that it happened, and, by doing so, it affected the charts. Because the price broke up instead of down at 5, whoever massively bought destined bitcoin to continue in a long drawn out correction before continuing up in a meaningful way.   Sad

Personally, I wanted bitcoin to fall there since I wanted it to create a sustainable and longer term bottom now instead of later. It is what it is though. I never trade or give advice based on what I want to happen as you all may know by now; I let the charts tell me where bitcoins wants to go.

waveaddict (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 09:27:53 PM

Are there any resources you could suggest on fractals? Are those fractals on the S&P chart specifically related to Elliot Waves (I just did a quick googling and found a site that spoke about Elliot wave fractals)?

"Are there any resources you could suggest on fractals?"
Prechter's, Elliott Wave Principle, is one I know off hand that has a section on it

"Are those fractals on the S&P chart specifically related to Elliot Waves?"
Yes, but without the dispute regarding the overall wave count

"Also, a suggestion, it may be easier to find which chart is from which if you put the list of charts for each date on the front page and updated that as well when you sent out charts."
I just linking Otoh's site which has that information

waveaddict (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 10:51:21 PM

an important target was breached subscribers, you should all know what is going to happen next  Smiley

proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 10:53:09 PM

an important target was breached subscribers, you should all know what is going to happen next  Smiley

Yes, somebody is finally going to sell me some bitcoins.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
waveaddict (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 11:16:28 PM

I just sent out today's email  Smiley

-March 17 update (includes charts: 100, 66)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: