Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:30:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HMY] HarmonyCoin|New Wallets|Live On Bittrex|X13|100% POS  (Read 86946 times)
HarmonyCoin (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 08:26:28 AM

My main laptop is having issues, and I couldn't access the multipool back-end today. I should be able to get payouts out tomorrow, sorry for the delay.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
learminer

Activity: 559
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 11:07:03 PM

I have questions in regards to the destroyed coins from the IPO. The coins are not really destroyed in the code, right? For what I read they are sitting in one account. If that is the case, what would stop Bittrex from "recovering" the coins if HMY was very successful, lets say $10 a piece? I know is unrealistic right now, but you never know what can happen in crypto. If that happened that account would be worth $20m and although I have no reason not to trust Bittrex, $20m are a lot of $$$$. This is something that may spook potential investors, but I might be wrong and the coins may have been really "destroyed". Thanks for letting me know.

BTW, I like how this project is moving. Step by step, no hype and continuous updates so everybody involved knows what is happening. Slow progress is not a bad thing at all as long as there is progress. Thanks for your good work and keep it up!!

Well we trust Bittrex, and know they are not out to scam or run a shady business. No, they did not properly destroy the coins by sending them to an irretrievable address, but they promised us that they have thrown out all information regarding the account they did send the coins to, and could never access them again.
I trust Bittrex too. But it never hurts to be sure. It's probably been done several times, but I only know of Saturncoin off the top of my head. IIRC they implemented code that would block the wallet addresses related to their premine from working any longer. Maybe Harmonycoin should do the same. Better be safe than sorry, eh?

Also agree with pgb's other point. Nice and slow beats crazy hype. Looking forward to next month.

HarmonyCoin (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:34:39 AM

Sorry again for the delay. I can finally do payouts tonight!
ky_storm

Activity: 105

@ky_storm

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:55:48 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2014, 02:30:23 PM by ky_storm

Sorry again for the delay. I can finally do payouts tonight!

i got my payment(2906.98)of my 28m+ hash power for 4 days(6.24-6.28). less than 0.06btc value for 4 days?
but last payment got 5781 for less than two days(6.22-6.24).
what's happening? the price dropping and why the payment decreasing?
can you explain that?
triplef

Activity: 338
Merit: 100

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:23:12 PM

i got 250 for 4 megs around 72 hours / maybe 48 / i think its normal on last run we found  a few dark coin blocks also theres another big boy that had joined @ 30 megs that cought up with your share ratio.

good news is that ill put my 250 harmony i got back in the pool as dev coins meaning i need hmyc to test auto payouts / you will all receive tiny hmyc payments on TOP of your normal payments as i test the new auto payout.

after that we will attack the front end site completely.

HarmonyCoin (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 05:34:13 AM

We really want to focus in our developments when we pick back up. What is that you guys would like to see Harmony doing? Suggest anything, even if you're not sure we can.

Most coins just release things to say that released something, but we want to know what users and investors actually want.
HarmonyCoin (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 05:39:32 AM

We'll open up a bounty for someone who is interested in making the website as well. Bounty will be for 3000HMY, we already own Harmonycoin.com
icess

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 05:54:19 AM

We really want to focus in our developments when we pick back up. What is that you guys would like to see Harmony doing? Suggest anything, even if you're not sure we can.

Most coins just release things to say that released something, but we want to know what users and investors actually want.

Anon Function
firedoner

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:37:28 AM

Anon function --  this is defo partly why i invested
ky_storm

@ky_storm

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 11:12:02 AM

Anon function --  this is defo partly why i invested
+1
learminer

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:05:15 PM

We'll open up a bounty for someone who is interested in making the website as well. Bounty will be for 3000HMY, we already own Harmonycoin.com
Did you forget a zero there? Wink

I also vote for the anon feature to be tackled first. Íf you can manage not just to announce it, but actually get out a working version within a few weeks, that alone would push prices above IPO levels again.

UNO_owner

Activity: 299

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 09:05:20 PM

Anon is played out.  Add some real value with your efforts.  I would love to see a veribit style implementation with Harmony.  It's going to be the next big trend.  Be the first to announce it.  This also fits in nicely with your planned dual wallet implementation.

HarmonyCoin (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:15:45 PM

Yes, this is similar to what we were thinking. People do love to see anon though, so maybe we will go into that just help rise price liker Vericoin, but then get focused on new stuff that really matters.
learminer

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 11:29:00 PM

The problem I see with a Veribit style service is, that it requires a certain coin value and trading volume to work and not harm a coin. In order to use Veribit your VRC is "converted" to BTC. The more the service is used, the more "sell pressure" will be created. That works for Vericoin at current value and trading volume. But HMY would collapse under just one medium-sized purchase with such a system right now.

You first got to build a stronger community and value around the coin, then such a service could be usefull.

I'm not actually particularly fond of it, but right now (a working) anon tech is still "valuable". That door is closing though, as more coins actually implement their whitepapers...

UNO_owner

Activity: 299

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:15:10 AM

The problem I see with a Veribit style service is, that it requires a certain coin value and trading volume to work and not harm a coin. In order to use Veribit your VRC is "converted" to BTC. The more the service is used, the more "sell pressure" will be created. That works for Vericoin at current value and trading volume. But HMY would collapse under just one medium-sized purchase with such a system right now.

You first got to build a stronger community and value around the coin, then such a service could be usefull.

I'm not actually particularly fond of it, but right now (a working) anon tech is still "valuable". That door is closing though, as more coins actually implement their whitepapers...

I don't disagree, but two points:

1.  By the time this actually implemented, the coin will be trading FAR higher with FAR more volume.
2.  I think it is unlikely the feature will be heavily used even if Harmony was worth far more.

RE: Anon. If they could implement it next week, sure I guess it would add some value.  But if we are talking a month or more out, the world will have moved on.  Anon hype is already dying - Harmony needs to be looking one step past it.  IMO a veribit implementation will be the next big thing. 

ky_storm

@ky_storm

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:46:56 AM

Just me be mining in the mutipool?
learminer

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:57:17 AM

1.  By the time this actually implemented, the coin will be trading FAR higher with FAR more volume.
2.  I think it is unlikely the feature will be heavily used even if Harmony was worth far more.

RE: Anon. If they could implement it next week, sure I guess it would add some value.  But if we are talking a month or more out, the world will have moved on.  Anon hype is already dying - Harmony needs to be looking one step past it.  IMO a veribit implementation will be the next big thing. 

Thinking one step ahead is a good idea. But like a baby this coin first needs to learn to sit and crawl, before it can learn to stand up and walk. You say #1 as if that was a given. But how will you achieve that volume and price increase? It won't come just because we want it to.

Right now HMY is a very, very niche coin. It basically "lives" on a single exchange and has a very small audience. Even the multipool is barely used. We need to expand the audience first. Unless the devs or one of us has a breakthrough idea to go directly to consumers, target audience #1 is still the crypto-trader-sphere. Get their attention by delivering the features they crave. The feature has to make sense in the context of the coin. More on why I think Veri-/Harmonybit is not that feature below.

The devs already said they're working on anon, let them finish it (although I agree that in a month it will probably be too late to make much of a diference). Also finish that dual-wallet, that's a unique and original idea AFAIK. Maybe integrate TOR, from what I hear it shouldn't be too complicated. Also take care of that Bittrex wallet address, just to be safe. Get those things done and the traders will come. Then it is time for steps 2 and 3 and 4 and ...

BTW, haven't seen you in a while in the UNO thread. Make sure to check back in some time, LOTS of interesting stuff happened lately! New devs, new wallet, new website, new services, new stolen coins investigation drama, pretty much new everything. Smiley

--

A few thoughts on altcoin adoption in general and Veribit in particular:
Veribit is sort of a band-aid to make up for lack of merchant adoption. It is a nice feature and makes a coin that has it more usefull, no doubt about it. But I am not convinced at all it makes a coin more valuable. It doesn't give anyone a reason to own the coin over Bitcoin. Why on earth sould I spend BTC to get HMY, just so that I can have it auto-exchanged back to BTC again if I want to buy something? Doesn't make much sense. There is a reason the VRC devs didn't introduce Veribit when VRC was trading at 700 satoshis, although they were certainly already working on it then.

HarmonyCoin (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:06:42 PM

Thinking one step ahead is a good idea. But like a baby this coin first needs to learn to sit and crawl, before it can learn to stand up and walk. You say #1 as if that was a given. But how will you achieve that volume and price increase? It won't come just because we want it to.

Right now HMY is a very, very niche coin. It basically "lives" on a single exchange and has a very small audience. Even the multipool is barely used. We need to expand the audience first. Unless the devs or one of us has a breakthrough idea to go directly to consumers, target audience #1 is still the crypto-trader-sphere. Get their attention by delivering the features they crave. The feature has to make sense in the context of the coin. More on why I think Veri-/Harmonybit is not that feature below.

The devs already said they're working on anon, let them finish it (although I agree that in a month it will probably be too late to make much of a diference). Also finish that dual-wallet, that's a unique and original idea AFAIK. Maybe integrate TOR, from what I hear it shouldn't be too complicated. Also take care of that Bittrex wallet address, just to be safe. Get those things done and the traders will come. Then it is time for steps 2 and 3 and 4 and ...

BTW, haven't seen you in a while in the UNO thread. Make sure to check back in some time, LOTS of interesting stuff happened lately! New devs, new wallet, new website, new services, new stolen coins investigation drama, pretty much new everything. Smiley

--

Veribit is sort of a band-aid to make up for lack of merchant adoption. It is a nice feature and makes a coin that has it more usefull, no doubt about it. But I am not convinced at all it makes a coin more valuable. It doesn't give anyone a reason to own the coin over Bitcoin. Why on earth sould I spend BTC to get HMY, just so that I can have it auto-exchanged back to BTC again if I want to buy something? Doesn't make much sense. There is a reason the VRC devs didn't introduce Veribit when VRC was trading at 700 satoshis, although they were certainly already working on it then.

Thank you everyone for the feedback. We will take all of this into consideration when we continue moving forward, which should be pretty soon.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:08:44 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2014, 06:28:18 AM by poornamelessme

Veribit is rather interesting, although I admit I haven't even followed VRC very closely. I always thought something like coinpayments or a central processor will be a requirement for most alts to ever get used as a mainstream currency, but of course volume comes into play then.

As for a reason to spend BTC to get HMY to get it autoexchanged back ... one reason could be POS. If the POS rate is greater than whatever fees are associated with the conversion, then it'd be worthwhile. But due to volatility in markets that would be a pretty big gamble. It could make sense on a coin with high volume, high POS rate and is very stable. Beats me what coin meets those requirements, however.
shadowmoon

Activity: 210

ActionCrypto.com ★ Bitcoin Binary Options

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:00:07 AM

HarmonyCoin has established partnership with Bitscoinshop (http://www.bitscoinshop.com.br/en/) where you can buy items by using HarmonyCoin, and enjoy 10% discount. As HarmonyCoin is not yet integrated with the payment platform, you will need to use the following procedure during checkout:

1. Customers wishing to purchase using HarmonyCoin should choose the product, along with signing up with the details and place of delivery;

2. Choose the bank transfer as the payment method, meanwhile leave a message to indicate that you want to pay with HarmonyCoin;

3. In the message, specify the dollar amount of your purchase (with 10% discount) and the quote of the current exchanging rate. Bitscoinshop will convert the amount of your purchase into HarmonyCoin, and send wallet address for payment.

4. Once confirmed the payment, items will be delivered.

Buy various mining products, Asics, Gridseed, shoes and dressing. All with 6-month warranty against manufacturing defects!
We have several offers and products please visit our store

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: