Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:34:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HMY] HarmonyCoin|New Wallets|Live On Bittrex|X13|100% POS  (Read 86944 times)
Cohle

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:38:22 PM

This is something we talked about with Bittrex, and are they planning on only doing one a week potentially after HMY. The only similarity between us and DCM is the thread. If we make a new thread that we will try to make as different as possible from DCM, will that help you understand that we're not the same coin?

One a week? Once a month would be plenty. And that even assumes there is one decent coin a month to run as an ipo. If you said every 2 weeks, maybe, if decent coins were available. It usually takes a new ipo coin 2-3 weeks to even find its floor. What may occur is simply propagating the pump and dump mindset even more than it already is, where people will hop from ipo to ipo... until they aren't profitable. And then the entire thing gets run into the ground and crashes, where nobody trusts ipo coins at all.

And yes, the thread is the similarity. That is the problem. If a dev copies another coin's work (I don't mean open source code, but the thread in this case), it does make one question both the integrity of the developer and their judgement. People already are skeptical of all ipos... they see you start a new one, copying the same exact format as a recent popular coin.

What should they think? Hey, this guy is honest and knows what he is doing? Or this guy is doing a quick money grab, doesn't have morals, and just goes around copying the same exact ann format that belongs to another coin?

Well said.

AND SHAME ON BITTREX FOR FACILITATING THIS TRIPE.
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:40:06 PM

We have restructured the thread a bit, and will continue restructuring the thread, to make it as different as possible. The problem is that every thread pretty much holds the same information, so we'll have always have: Wallets, Blockchain, Exchanges, Pools, an explanation of the IPO, the team. That will be on any thread. The main thing that matters in our opinion is the coin, and the goals that the coin is working towards. Is that not what makes each coin different?

You were way too similar in format. It's not just a matter of holding the same info, it was basically a copy/paste 'fill in the blanks' type of copying.

In the real world that is called plagiarism.

Again, you can change it now, but the damage is already done, in my opinion.

And no, it's not just the opinion of a coin nor its goals that make it different. It's the devs behind the coin. We don't really invest in coins here (not just coins, I should say), we invest in the devs behind them. And you were either too lazy to even write up an original announcement, or used such bad judgement that you thought by copying a successful ipo ann, yours too would be successful. I mean, it's barely any better than the Ethereum256 coin ann  (devs figured people would somehow think their coin was associated with the real Ethereum project).

So you can argue that it doesn't matter, but it really does. It shows absolutely horrible judgement on your part.
CryptoAdvisor

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:46:46 PM

We have restructured the thread a bit, and will continue restructuring the thread, to make it as different as possible. The problem is that every thread pretty much holds the same information, so we'll have always have: Wallets, Blockchain, Exchanges, Pools, an explanation of the IPO, the team. That will be on any thread. The main thing that matters in our opinion is the coin, and the goals that the coin is working towards. Is that not what makes each coin different?

You were way too similar in format. It's not just a matter of holding the same info, it was basically a copy/paste 'fill in the blanks' type of copying.

In the real world that is called plagiarism.

Again, you can change it now, but the damage is already done, in my opinion.

And no, it's not just the opinion of a coin nor its goals that make it different. It's the devs behind the coin. We don't really invest in coins here (not just coins, I should say), we invest in the devs behind them. And you were either too lazy to even write up an original announcement, or used such bad judgement that you thought by copying a successful ipo ann, yours too would be successful. I mean, it's barely any better than the Ethereum256 coin ann  (devs figured people would somehow think their coin was associated with the real Ethereum project).

So you can argue that it doesn't matter, but it really does. It shows absolutely horrible judgement on your part.

We understand that. In regards to the current way we have the thread because we did change it a bit, can you make a constructive comment on what we could do to make the thread stand out more. We know damage has been done, and we own up to that mistake right now, but we don't think that this coin can't still have a bright future. It is is only 10 hours after launch really, we're not going to stop here. Personally, I appreciate what you commented in here because you're not just trolling with FUD, you're being constructive and airing out your concerns professionally. We want to work with our community as much as possible.
ifightformerkel
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:51:41 PM

Nice copy of DCM DigitalCommerce

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=636470.0
poornamelessme

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:54:49 PM

We understand that. In regards to the current way we have the thread because we did change it a bit, can you make a constructive comment on what we could do to make the thread stand out more. We know damage has been done, and we own up to that mistake right now, but we don't think that this coin can't still have a bright future. It is is only 10 hours after launch really, we're not going to stop here. Personally, I appreciate what you commented in here because you're not just trolling with FUD, you're being constructive and airing out your concerns professionally. We want to work with our community as much as possible.

Well, it sort of beats me as to how you can fix things at this point. Sure, you can fix the thread (just rewrite it entirely). But there is no way to easily fix your reputation now. It's like when a journalist gets caught plagiarizing someone else's work. They can apologize multiple times, but they typically have to hide away for a while, if they ever want to come back.

The only thing I can suggest is a restart to the coin, refund investors and re-plan everything for a later date. But I expect you'd be rather hesitant to do this. And honestly I have no idea if that would even help.
FreebieZoner

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:00:07 PM

This is something we talked about with Bittrex, and are they planning on only doing one a week potentially after HMY. The only similarity between us and DCM is the thread. If we make a new thread that we will try to make as different as possible from DCM, will that help you understand that we're not the same coin?

One a week? Once a month would be plenty. And that even assumes there is one decent coin a month to run as an ipo. If you said every 2 weeks, maybe, if decent coins were available. It usually takes a new ipo coin 2-3 weeks to even find its floor. What may occur is simply propagating the pump and dump mindset even more than it already is, where people will hop from ipo to ipo... until they aren't profitable. And then the entire thing gets run into the ground and crashes, where nobody trusts ipo coins at all.

And yes, the thread is the similarity. That is the problem. If a dev copies another coin's work (I don't mean open source code, but the thread in this case), it does make one question both the integrity of the developer and their judgement. People already are skeptical of all ipos... they see you start a new one, copying the same exact format as a recent popular coin.

What should they think? Hey, this guy is honest and knows what he is doing? Or this guy is doing a quick money grab, doesn't have morals, and just goes around copying the same exact ann format that belongs to another coin?

Well said.

AND SHAME ON BITTREX FOR FACILITATING THIS TRIPE.

That's because they're all fraud on this scam waiting to get paid.   You can't trust crypto adviser,  yin yang coin comes to mind and whatever other coin he was involved in lol. .. inspiration and stealing are two different things lol....

My GOODies
GOOD GdW7XLTFByH1AU5dZjA2MEewRaTMzek5sw
DailyModo

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

www.gamebet.gg

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:10:04 PM

Ah com on now, what's the matter here. The format was copied but not the text!
DCM format looks profesionnal so where's the problem of having something pretty similar to it?

If were going into the plagiarism discussion then i wonder how all these altcoins are still out there having each one copying the codes of each other! If your into crypto and a detail like this one ( Yes thats very much a detail considering this is about a crypto currency and it's development) get's this much on your way your going to miss on some great opportunities. This team is guenine and do not need to go in every other thread trying to spread fud. The main objective is toward HMY coin and thats it.

Lets now stop this childish war, i dont get how would a team which call them self professional encourage their investors to come here and spread all this fud when nothing has been done to harm their coin or reputation.

Betting on esports with crypto's and steam items has never been easier.
CONTACT
dailymodo@gamebet.gg @GamebetGg
CryptoAdvisor

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:11:45 PM

I have just issued a formal public statement on twitter, and I hope you take the time to read it: https://twitter.com/Crypto_Advisor this is what I am passionate about, and I know the whole team is passionate about cryptos, except for our graphic designer who is relatively new into this. This is a full-time job for most of us, and we're here to give you guys everything we have.
Klittan

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:23:59 PM

lmao ima go make a coin and ask bill to add it to poloniex
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:27:20 PM

Just when you think Bittrex is an outstanding exchange, they pull this stunt.  I guess if $$ is involved, you just can't say no...   Embarrassed

-tb-

merk475

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:29:42 PM

Wow....a complete copy of DCM (except this is an X13).  Even your ANN is a cut and paste butchering.

AND....even Qiwoman wanted nothing to do with being a part of your dev team.

You guys are a class act.  I will be staying away, and I'd encourage anyone else to do so as well.

This will be a grab and run, pump and dump.  Sorry.....
Klittan

Activity: 29

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:31:46 PM

You dont even have a website?!?! How many hours did you put into this scam? SHAME ON YOU BITTREX
poornamelessme

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:32:22 PM

DCM format looks profesionnal so where's the problem of having something pretty similar to it?

If were going into the plagiarism discussion then i wonder how all these altcoins are still out there having each one copying the codes of each other! If your into crypto and a detail like this one ( Yes thats very much a detail considering this is about a crypto currency and it's development) get's this much on your way your going to miss on some great opportunities. This team is guenine and do not need to go in every other thread trying to spread fud. The main objective is toward HMY coin and thats it.

Lets now stop this childish war, i dont get how would a team which call them self professional encourage their investors to come here and spread all this fud when nothing has been done to harm their coin or reputation.

Copying open source code isn't plagiarism. Copying an ann thread would be. There is a difference.

I'm not spreading FUD, just stating my opinions. The dev has apologized, so it's a start. I am not sure if it'll repair the damage, but there are limited options for him at this point. I guess a buy wall could be one other option (suggested this to the mil guys too), as it  gives people a way out if they so choose.
Wallenstein

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:33:53 PM

If were going into the plagiarism discussion then i wonder how all these altcoins are still out there having each one copying the codes of each other!

That is an entirely different matter. The source code for every coin is available under an open source license which allows (or even encourages) the adoption of code by third parties. We're talking about the ANN thread here, not the source code.
poornamelessme

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:37:36 PM

Why would a restart be needed?

So all it takes these days is a couple of dev from another team who comes in a thread encouraging their investors to step in that same thread and start fuding?

There is nothing to be fixed at this point since this is far from being a major issue. Now please i will ask you to either believe in the team in place of simply move on to what you believe will be a great coin IYO.(Do not take this as a disrespect , its what i would have done my self if i didn't believe in a coin or it's team)

Before being accused of spreading FUD, this is what the dev replied to me here in this thread:

Personally, I appreciate what you commented in here because you're not just trolling with FUD, you're being constructive and airing out your concerns professionally. We want to work with our community as much as possible.

I am not spreading FUD, nor does the dev even view it as so. They made a mistake. I offered a suggestion as to how to maybe fix it. I don't expect everyone, or necessarily anyone, to even agree with it. Don't assume that negative comments about a coin are necessarily FUD, especially when the dev admits that he made a mistake.
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:39:17 PM

I have just issued a formal public statement on twitter, and I hope you take the time to read it: https://twitter.com/Crypto_Advisor this is what I am passionate about, and I know the whole team is passionate about cryptos, except for our graphic designer who is relatively new into this. This is a full-time job for most of us, and we're here to give you guys everything we have.

Wow, throwing your graphic designer under the bus already at first sign of pressure.   Cheesy

-tb-

HarmonyCoin (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:41:23 PM

Copying open source code isn't plagiarism. Copying an ann thread would be. There is a difference.

I'm not spreading FUD, just stating my opinions. The dev has apologized, so it's a start. I am not sure if it'll repair the damage, but there are limited options for him at this point. I guess a buy wall could be one other option (suggested this to the mil guys too), as it  gives people a way out if they so choose.

No one is targeting you, you are at least being helpful. We will not restart or anything, but we are 100% transparent in this. As stated all threads on BCT contain the same information, so it will always be similar looking, but it's the content within the thread and the devs that matter, that is why we are still continuing to add more respectable devs from other successful members from other successful coins as we have done by adding SRHsoulja. We do feel that what DCM did in our thread was not needed because our coin's our entirely different in concept. As Dailymodo said, we would like to stop all the trolling that some people are posting and just move forward with successful developments.
Wallenstein

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:42:16 PM

So how come SRHSoulja is still listed on your ANN thread as being a team member? I just talked to him over IRC and it is my understanding that he never gave you permission to use his name as part of the team.

Note: I have nothing against SRHSoulja being on your team, should he want to be part of your team. But so far the evidence I have seen seems to imply that this is not the case and that you're (at best) bending the truth in an effort to gain investor confidence.
CryptoAdvisor

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:42:37 PM

Wow, throwing your graphic designer under the bus already at first sign of pressure.   Cheesy

-tb-

Definitely not throwing him under the bus... Just saying he is newer to cryptos. He is a terrific graphic designer and very skilled at what he does.
CryptoAdvisor

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:44:07 PM

So how come SRHSoulja is still listed on your ANN thread as being a team member? I just talked to him over IRC and it is my understanding that he never gave you permission to use his name as part of the team.

Note: I have nothing against SRHSoulja being on your team, should he want to be part of your team. But so far the evidence I have seen seems to imply that this is not the case and that you're (at best) bending the truth in an effort to gain investor confidence.

Wow, I literally told him we would put him on, and he told me to put him in the assistant team member section. He even gave me information to make a short bio. Don't come in here trying to create more fud please. Can you focus on your own coin, and stop targeting us.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: