Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:18:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HMY] HarmonyCoin|New Wallets|Live On Bittrex|X13|100% POS  (Read 86937 times)
learminer

Activity: 559
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:56:13 AM

Really appreciate your enthusiasm sidiberd. This coin definitely needs someone that's excited about the possibilties and future, which you seem to be. I am very confident this can be turned around, I've watched closely how Karma rebuilt itself after dropping from 10 sat to 10 lit, everything is possible. I am already contributing to two other great coin communities, so what little time I have to get involved in these things is pretty much used up. I will gladly share my opinion and give feedback here though:

• I have spoken out in favour of anonymity features before:
    1. because it has been announced as a goal by the devs from the start and
    2. because the market has shown that there is still interest in it.
    I don't think the NY regulations should concern us right now. Unless you want to run a Harmony-based business in NY this doesn't affect us. It isn't about 100% anonymity, that wouldn't really fit the coin's theme anyway, but about increased privacy. I could live perfectly well with a solution like VTC's stealth addresses and/or TOR network integration. I've always thought that because the devs have been talking about it for so long, they'd have a solution in mind or already in the works. We'll see soon I guess.
  • Things like an android wallet are only B priority right now, unless it can offer something fresh. Maybe the idea of a combined BTC/HMY wallet could even make more sense in a mobile scenario? If the wallets would offer an automated exchange between the two currencies (like a two-way veribit system), that might turn some heads. Just an idea.
  • We (meaning both devs and community) should also start thinking about usecases and services for the coin. Wether its charity, a lottery or online games, without services the coin is just a blockchain without actual use. We gotta start somewhere.
  • Harmony needs a website, even if its just a simple one (logo, specs, exchange/BCT-thread links and wallet downloads).
  • The multipool should return once the new wallet is released and the promotion efforts are increased. HMY needs publicity more than anything else right now. Its hard to get noticed on Bittrex unless there's sufficient volume to get onto the first 2 or 3 pages (right now we're page 10!!).

I am all for the community getting more involved and helping, BUT that shouldn't mean the 4 main devs should sit back and watch us take over. That won't work.

I'd be really interested to hear what CryptoAdvisor has to say to all of this (or is that him posting as HarmonyCoin?). He is supposed to be the Head Honcho in these parts (was that the official title? I forgot). I can understand that he doesn't want to spam his followers with "ads for his own coin", but only ONE mention of Harmony in his entire feed over the past month (in a negative context too)? Damn that's like a fist of salt into the eyes of people who baught into the coin due to his rep. The baby is born now and has hit the ground. You've gotta pick it up and take care of it at some point. Time to step up and take some responsibity.

"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
neutraLTC
Legendary

Activity: 1491
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 11:05:58 AM

Really appreciate your enthusiasm sidiberd. This coin definitely needs someone that's excited about the possibilties and future, which you seem to be. I am very confident this can be turned around, I've watched closely how Karma rebuilt itself after dropping from 10 sat to 10 lit, everything is possible. I am already contributing to two other great coin communities, so what little time I have to get involved in these things is pretty much used up. I will gladly share my opinion and give feedback here though:

• I have spoken out in favour of anonymity features before:
    1. because it has been announced as a goal by the devs from the start and
    2. because the market has shown that there is still interest in it.
    I don't think the NY regulations should concern us right now. Unless you want to run a Harmony-based business in NY this doesn't affect us. It isn't about 100% anonymity, that wouldn't really fit the coin's theme anyway, but about increased privacy. I could live perfectly well with a solution like VTC's stealth addresses and/or TOR network integration. I've always thought that because the devs have been talking about it for so long, they'd have a solution in mind or already in the works. We'll see soon I guess.
  • Things like an android wallet are only B priority right now, unless it can offer something fresh. Maybe the idea of a combined BTC/HMY wallet could even make more sense in a mobile scenario? If the wallets would offer an automated exchange between the two currencies (like a two-way veribit system), that might turn some heads. Just an idea.
  • We (meaning both devs and community) should also start thinking about usecases and services for the coin. Wether its charity, a lottery or online games, without services the coin is just a blockchain without actual use. We gotta start somewhere.
  • Harmony needs a website, even if its just a simple one (logo, specs, exchange/BCT-thread links and wallet downloads).
  • The multipool should return once the new wallet is released and the promotion efforts are increased. HMY needs publicity more than anything else right now. Its hard to get noticed on Bittrex unless there's sufficient volume to get onto the first 2 or 3 pages (right now we're page 10!!).

I am all for the community getting more involved and helping, BUT that shouldn't mean the 4 main devs should sit back and watch us take over. That won't work.

I'd be really interested to hear what CryptoAdvisor has to say to all of this (or is that him posting as HarmonyCoin?). He is supposed to be the Head Honcho in these parts (was that the official title? I forgot). I can understand that he doesn't want to spam his followers with "ads for his own coin", but only ONE mention of Harmony in his entire feed over the past month (in a negative context too)? Damn that's like a fist of salt into the eyes of people who baught into the coin due to his rep. The baby is born now and has hit the ground. You've gotta pick it up and take care of it at some point. Time to step up and take some responsibity.

I will also help with community efforts but only if the devs remain active. What could be done for example, is they escrow the BTC from the ICO for the community to use for development, bounties, websites, faucets etc.

The coin would without a doubt flourish into something great in no time!

Thanks

DEMAND STRATUMV2 MINING POOL: DMND.WORK
HarmonyCoin (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 07:46:00 PM

Just as a note, I am cryptoadvisor. As for Fernand0x, he is still involved as well as Triplef. We are pretty much the three right now.

The issue with the multipool is that our server's went down, and because we didn't take action within 5 days, it was cleared. This is not a problem though, we were planning on moving servers anyways because we were overpaying in our previous servers. It does mean that Triplef has to do some work on the back-ups we have, and we have to get situated on a new server.

We will place bounties on the front page, and then post them here in a comment as well. If anyone in the community can step up and do one of the bounties, feel free to message me. I will talk with Fernand0x about anon again, but as I said he wanted to stay away from it based on the recent regulations.
pgb

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:01:47 PM

Just as a note, I am cryptoadvisor. As for Fernand0x, he is still involved as well as Triplef. We are pretty much the three right now.

The issue with the multipool is that our server's went down, and because we didn't take action within 5 days, it was cleared. This is not a problem though, we were planning on moving servers anyways because we were overpaying in our previous servers. It does mean that Triplef has to do some work on the back-ups we have, and we have to get situated on a new server.

We will place bounties on the front page, and then post them here in a comment as well. If anyone in the community can step up and do one of the bounties, feel free to message me. I will talk with Fernand0x about anon again, but as I said he wanted to stay away from it based on the recent regulations.

"We finishing up setting up anon features and testing it"  Huh

NEM : TAFTFJ-JJ4XTW-FNYZU7-HZR2Y2-RXIKEW-QIOWFJ-WM4N
HarmonyCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 07:36:48 PM

This is what the dev is telling me. The wallets will be built on Monday, then a couple days of testing, then they will be released.

Bounties:

Website (url already owned): .2btc
Android Wallet: .25btc

sidiberd

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 08:27:34 PM

Good evening,

I'm going to have a meeting tomorrow with the devs (I know CryptoAdvisor will be there, but i hope Triplef and Fernand0x will be able to make it too). I will summarise the conversation, or maybe even post screenshots for the community. This ill include a roadmap and will be detailed for every part of the project (Development, Marketting, Communication, Multipool etc...).

Cryptoadvisor, when you say the wallets, does that include tor anon and irc client integrated in the wallet? Or what does it include?
dav1199

Activity: 207

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 09:20:26 PM

I really hope more is going to happen , this have been extremely slow and pretty underwhelming even if the dev had to get away for a while.
Nothing happened since the release of the coin, at all.
The anon features is still in the specs and never was added , was supposed to be there like right at the start or just after PoW as i recall.
It was supposed to be in testing and now it is just dropped. Doesn't make much sense.
It seemed like there were lots of ideas when HMY was first being talked of before it even launched.

Now i know the IPO didn't get as much as expected but still , some coins do just fine without any IPO at all to ''motivate'' the devs.
And 16k isn't that bad to get started.
The multipool is gone and was pretty basic anyway. I mean heck, even letting it be run on coinking would have been better.
Not that i like their stuff but at least it is functionnal and for the 1btc investment they ask .. it was better than the multipool we had.

Where are the features from Goalcoin that were supposed to be added onto HMY and which ones ? What can we expect from the next wallet ?
It just feels like this have been more or less given up on and it is hard to get the community interested when there is nothing to be excited for.
As it stand it is just another pow/pos x13 coin with nothing else save for its relatively low supply.
Even if inspiration is lacking there is enough features out there to be snagged / included in the coin , it doesn't have to reinvent the wheel.

Just have to look at coins like saffron coin that have a very small team but have been adding more and more and keep on adding more features ,
sure some are copied from other coins but at least they are in.. and all that with a 0.000778% premine ...

Anyways hope things are moving behind the scene and if some new devs join the team i think it is a good thing. Otherway the staking is working fine if nothing else Smiley
sidiberd

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:01:39 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2014, 07:59:22 AM by sidiberd

Good Evening,

I have just had a long conversation with CryptoAdvisor and Triplef regarding the development of this coin, multipool, marketting, communication and even the business side. We have identified the shortcomings of this project, and we have now redirected it into the right path (more details will be made clear soon).

Fernand0x has promised to bring out the new wallet with the blockexplorer and irc on early this week to be tested (probably tomorrow, that's what he mentioned). On the other hand, triplef is working hard on the multipool and things are advancing fast, he will be posting here the short/medium/long-term plans for the multipool and will soon be bringing back the multipool working; a much better one than the previous one too.

Once the wallets released and the multipool working, Crypto Advisor and I will start the marketing and enhance the communication for harmony. At this point (which should be this coming week), we will have some great announcements for you guys. For the moment, i will not speak until i am sure about what i'm about to promise.

All i have to say is that I will not let you guys down and a lot more is going to happen in the next 2 weeks.

learminer

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 12:49:38 PM

Good to hear everyone could make it to the meeting and you made some progress. Looking forward to hear more.

HarmonyCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 06:00:14 AM

Wallet is going to be releasing very soon. They are compiling now. Will probably launch in the next 14 hours.
HarmonyCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 08:18:01 PM

New wallets are released!

May need to delete you old wallets to download these properly. Basically we've added irc and blockexplorer directly into the wallets. We are also going to work to add direct exchanging into the wallet.

Windows: https://mega.co.nz/#!Qo9niajA!IvOh77w-fuNzz1WRenVA1jd1X6kU9W_WnZ4NwEwbWLY
Mac: https://mega.co.nz/#!41sxXQSJ!8F3w5mCn-O-aaGC5Dsn9aVS_dv9sVdcTTHysspj5O9g

We understand this isn't a huge launch, but it is a step in the right direction. We are working with Sidiberd, but we're hoping the community gets really involved in this coin, and works with us to make more releases come out soon.
learminer

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 08:47:49 PM

May need to delete you old wallets to download these properly. Basically we've added irc and blockexplorer directly into the wallets. We are also going to work to add direct exchanging into the wallet.

Windows: https://mega.co.nz/#!Qo9niajA!IvOh77w-fuNzz1WRenVA1jd1X6kU9W_WnZ4NwEwbWLY

We understand this isn't a huge launch, but it is a step in the right direction. We are working with Sidiberd, but we're hoping the community gets really involved in this coin, and works with us to make more releases come out soon.
Fixed those links for you. The "!" breaks the automatic link detection here and I find it more convenient for people when they can just click on a link instead of copy and paste the thing. Smiley

God job getting the release out so fast. Might not be everything promised, but it shows progress and that counts for something in my book. Will check it out later, don't have access to my main PC for a few days now. Note to traders: active devs, no scam, low supply - get some while its cheap!

neutraLTC
Legendary

Activity: 1491
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 08:55:32 PM

Finally, thanks.

DEMAND STRATUMV2 MINING POOL: DMND.WORK
gentacomp

Activity: 211

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:09:39 AM

Dont forget to sets the walls Grin
BTW I prefer bittrex only until price is steady up...

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/  Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
Freebiescoin- 100% Free Distribution
Coffeecoin- 100% FREE Distribution:CC8zeK5Mq19W2yUdmhMXbLCmRqEkG7axTW
Let's color the MOON: YCtgk5JaBEt1WT7js29sh6W5my8dgcP2Sp
Bigcabrito

Activity: 504

Communications Lead

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 06:14:16 PM

Good Evening,

I have just had a long conversation with CryptoAdvisor and Triplef regarding the development of this coin, multipool, marketting, communication and even the business side. We have identified the shortcomings of this project, and we have now redirected it into the right path (more details will be made clear soon).

Fernand0x has promised to bring out the new wallet with the blockexplorer and irc on early this week to be tested (probably tomorrow, that's what he mentioned). On the other hand, triplef is working hard on the multipool and things are advancing fast, he will be posting here the short/medium/long-term plans for the multipool and will soon be bringing back the multipool working; a much better one than the previous one too.

Once the wallets released and the multipool working, Crypto Advisor and I will start the marketing and enhance the communication for harmony. At this point (which should be this coming week), we will have some great announcements for you guys. For the moment, i will not speak until i am sure about what i'm about to promise.

All i have to say is that I will not let you guys down and a lot more is going to happen in the next 2 weeks.

Will there be more bounties (e.g. logo redesign, marketing efforts, coin reviews, price stabilization program) for the community? 

Lisk.
    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
    Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Lisk Community Manager
HarmonyCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:42:04 PM

We should have some big news releasing tonight most likely, I think you guys will be happy with what we're doing and where we're heading.

I can add a logo contest bounty, and an article bounty.
softstorb

Activity: 228

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:38:55 PM

Another dead coin and a dev taking 16K!!! im sorry but where the hell are those 16k.
HarmonyCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:22:52 PM

We've brought Sidiberd onto the team in a lead role as he has said he has plenty of time to commit to the coin. He will be managing relationships, and getting developers to work on projects. I'm sure he will make a big announcement, he has something that could be a game-changer for us when he announces it.
whatsabitworth

Activity: 109

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 12:23:51 AM

Sidiberd seems to be resurrecting coins via community interaction. Something that developers should have been doing themselves. You'll notice the coins that have success usually have hundreds of pages of investors asking questions and receiving credible answers from the devs. An excellent move to bring him/her on board.

I just downloaded the new wallet and it synced immediately. The wallet still has not provided any staking as of yet and when I try to use the social IRC the wallet closes. Hope that helps in some way and Harmony starts to build some momentum. Keep it up and you'll see the value of HMY come back to where it should be.

whatsabitworth

Activity: 109

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 12:49:10 AM

wallet just staked. working as intended.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: