Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:08:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NUD ₦ ] New Universal Dollar | Bcrypt | 0% Pre-mine | First Anonymous Crypto  (Read 127491 times)
green2016

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:15:12 AM

Grin
I do not need any exchange. Grin
NUD will be better than BTC.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sixteendigits

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 06:43:26 AM

Bittrex would be great for NUD, but yeah, gotta tackle that block explorer issue.  I have donated some BTC to the official development fund.  I know that was meant for other things, but a block explorer and possibly an external miner are probably the two things NUD needs most right now.  We could also be collecting NUD for development bounties.
Rossco99

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:29:10 PM

I have 10k NUD that I would like to sell, please PM me with offers.

waldistons

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:31:05 PM

I hit 2 solo blocks in 24 hours on i5-3210M Cheesy

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
sixteendigits

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:48:10 PM

I hit 2 solo blocks in 24 hours on i5-3210M Cheesy

Enjoy it while you can, eventually external miners, then pools, then inevitably a GPU miner down the road.  NUD won't stay this easy to mine forever.
Fatov

Activity: 354

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 03:25:16 PM

NUD needs marketing and support
(Bounties=new services)

Fatov was here
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
For private, fast and secure transactions DASH is King | Dashtalk
Cyriaque5962

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 03:54:10 PM
Last edit: July 02, 2014, 04:51:24 PM by Cyriaque5962

Hi, first time a transaction takes so looooong time to be done :
État: 0/non confirmée
Date: 02/07/2014 16:36
À: NFhC93W41VsqX17uBSEC33pcpeAdCXpdWB
Débit: -100.00 NUD
Montant net: -100.00 NUD
ID de la transaction: bf5642592f71c28a4808529e6b2013baf14b745572d8dc61c06e1f88ee68f1ab

After one hour, still 0 confirmation.

It happens for you too sometimes ?

EDIT : two hours after, I get nuds. They lost the map to my wallet Smiley

NUD (OP)

Activity: 88

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:54:50 PM

(Bounties=new services)

When I hear bounties I imagine pre-mine, I would never pre-mine the network for either myself or bounties to enslave every single user. If the people deem us worthy of a donation then they may send it to us and I will keep track without taking any to myself. A better way would be for a respected company to come over and open a bounty for themselves, I could list it all in OP.

Please don't be surprised when I don't have a bounty to pay for you to pump the coin for multiple reasons:
A) I have less NUD than most members here.
B) I didn't pre-mine any for myself.
C) It's not some pump and dump crapcoin, I have put my heart and soul into the development and intend to so for the next couple years.

I am tired of people PMing me expecting me to have unlimited NUD for bounties.

@NUDTeam
NEaaHBhhjaTK36mYiSvPGjSjThDWN5gXgM
daxiake

Activity: 688
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:09:04 PM

(Bounties=new services)

When I hear bounties I imagine pre-mine, I would never pre-mine the network for either myself or bounties to enslave every single user. If the people deem us worthy of a donation then they may send it to us and I will keep track without taking any to myself. A better way would be for a respected company to come over and open a bounty for themselves, I could list it all in OP.

Please don't be surprised when I don't have a bounty to pay for you to pump the coin for multiple reasons:
C) It's not some pump and dump crapcoin, I have put my heart and soul into the development and intend to so for the next couple years.

dev, you are the best. nud will be the best coin too.looking forward to see more innovation.and to change the coin world.
sixteendigits

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:32:20 PM

(Bounties=new services)

A few pages back reflector offered 0.1 BTC for an external miner.  I will put 500 NUD on top of that.

I will also offer 0.1 BTC and 500 NUD for a block explorer (which reflector said he was working on, so maybe he can claim one bounty and collect another!).

So, we at least have a couple of small bounties on those immediate goals.  Confirm with reflector that he is still offering the 0.1 BTC bounty and feel free to add that to the ANN.
lopalcar

Activity: 312
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:54:14 PM

(Bounties=new services)

A few pages back reflector offered 0.1 BTC for an external miner.  I will put 500 NUD on top of that.

I will also offer 0.1 BTC and 500 NUD for a block explorer (which reflector said he was working on, so maybe he can claim one bounty and collect another!).

So, we at least have a couple of small bounties on those immediate goals.  Confirm with reflector that he is still offering the 0.1 BTC bounty and feel free to add that to the ANN.

I will add 500NUD more for the external miner, so the one which builds it will get in total 0.1BTC and 1000NUD

This is how things should be done, funds for bounties should come from community
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:56:57 PM

(Bounties=new services)

That  bounty for the external miner is still on the table.  I've also begun working on a block explorer.  It's slow going, as I have no experience with them, so it could be a while.  I'll keep working on it, but by all means, others should try as well.
lexusivan888

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 10:08:58 PM

Open wallet, debug, type "setgenerate true -1" in console, hit enter.  Thats it.

[/quote]

so, just do as what u said above,, and let the wallet open,, and it will mine the coins himself ?
or i need a miner soft ?
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 01:49:51 AM

Open wallet, debug, type "setgenerate true -1" in console, hit enter.  Thats it.

so, just do as what u said above,, and let the wallet open,, and it will mine the coins himself ?
or i need a miner soft ?
[/quote]

that's all you need to do for now.
doldgigger

Activity: 170

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 03:51:25 AM

It's only a test, nud has been  on exchange , it's not a test, you are waste our time and money. Angry Angry

The former support like a monkey, dev is Monkey man,lol.

1:1 ratio is appropriate .

Even worse. Ever thought about how hard it will be now to convince an exchange to trust NUD, considering that alcurex will sooner or later find out that the NUD update leaves them with all their customers' NUD deposits being lost? Blockchain restarts are simply a no-go for any serious altcoin dev who cares about the coin's reputation.

I didn't give any exchange permission to add NUD, that is why I ignore all the PMs from exchanges willing to add support to NUD.

Of course I am not the dictator of the network, exchanges may still add NUD without my permission, just don't be surprised when inconveniences occur.

Unfortunately we are bound to have many updates within the first weeks. I don't think that it's wise to add support for NUD so early for most exchanges.

Hello from alcurEX exchange. We got support message about your coin NUD:

Code:
Hi, 
I need you to comment on the NUD blockchain re-start. I had no idea that you were adding coins without the permission of the dev. What will happen with the NUD that is deposited with you? This is a serious trust issue.

First of all. If you clone and publish opensource coins, there is no"dev permissions".
We inform your community in your thread and PM dev, so everyone know there is exchange for NUD.
Ofcourse we expect dev inform all exchanges and pools how to keep NUD coin alive.
If your dev will not inform pools and exchanges, and want to keep this private, do not make ANN. Use like PREANN and inform you coin is not published yet.

I will freeze NUD market untill we know if we have dev support... and "permission".
Any way. Good luck with your coin. We will not leave you if there is solution to keep your coin on the market. Smiley

alcurEX support
-halibit-

I am fully with you. I think it is a huge step forward to have exchanges which pick up new cryptocurrencies, and the invention of open source software as you say, together with the security gained through cryptographic blockchain networks, can be seen as the basis for allowing this. I can't imagine what potential the cryptocurrency economy would have if exchanges could pick up new cryptocurrencies easily and without fearing damaging actions from rogue altcoin devs. For example:

* Real mining profit from day one
* Possibility to compare different altcoins on their exchange performance from the beginning

So what can be done? One thing would be to better educate people about the ethics of creating a cryptocurrency. As you correctly stated, PREANN would be at the very least appropriate if the dev plans to make blockchain restarts for no reason. But even then: Blockchain restarts should be only an ultimate resort. This becomes clear when thinking about how the blockchains are computed. No matter if it's a CPU, GPU or ASIC coin: People invest computing power into verifying the blocks and computing the hashes. So, even when policies like the hash being used change, it could be considered an environmental crime to just throw away the old data, considering that it doesn't take much development effort to make such changes to a blockchain client without a restart.

But even more can be done, thanks to the blockchain cryptography:

For this, it must be understood that the dev's attack against the old blockchain and its exchanger, miner and user community was very simple: He replaced the software on the advertised seed nodes to be incompatible with the old blockchain, and stopped to distribute the software compatible with the old blockchain.

So, to recover the funds on the exchange, the following steps can be taken:

* Advise people to use the known-to-work software release 0.0.0.1
* Put it on accessible servers and provide their hostnames for people to "addnode" them
* Notify the miners - they will be needed at least to let the difficulty adapt downwards. But they cannot mine on the new blockchain anyway

So, by appropriate usage of the potential of open source and of blockchain networks, it should even be possible to limit the power of rogue devs.

As future steps, I would recommend to make the change to bcrypt from the old blockchain - in a proper way without invalidating blocks. This way, the community NUD and the dictator-dev NUD stay maximally compatible (think CentOS and the product of a certain North American software vendor Wink). Maybe we can then even convince the dev to join forces. A cryptocurrency with a healthy community is even more valuable after all.

Maybe it's time to move on for you.

Well, considering that you probably also hold some NUD, I understand that you may think that it is best to mute me so no one looking into this thread will become aware of the scams that were ran using NUD. But a good altcoin doesn't need such tactics. We can work together to create an altcoin community which is actually perceived as a benefit by all involved parties, with no exchanges being scammed, no one noticing that his coins are gone, etc.

It is not rocket science to run a coin in a reasonable way. But it requires the dedication to actually do so.

19orEcoqXQ5bzKbzbAnbQrCkQC5ahSh4P9
Feel free to PM me for consulting and development services.
NUD (OP)

Activity: 88

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 04:04:08 AM

Well, considering that you probably also hold some NUD, I understand that you may think that it is best to mute me so no one looking into this thread will become aware of the scams that were ran using NUD. But a good altcoin doesn't need such tactics. We can work together to create an altcoin community which is actually perceived as a benefit by all involved parties, with no exchanges being scammed, no one noticing that his coins are gone, etc.

It is not rocket science to run a coin in a reasonable way. But it requires the dedication to actually do so.

No one is denying the fact that scams were ran on NUD by scrypt miners exploiting a bug in the early release, thus it was decided upon that the "scammers" will be rewarded 10% of their scrypt mined coins for their contirbution to the network for revealing the bug. If you don't think that the decision was just you can freely open your own thread and start a fork, I very much doubt that you'd get a lot of followers that are willing to sabotage the well-being of the network in exchange for their unjustly mined NUD.

The decision was made in such a manner as to upset the least miners, had we not reduced the fraudulently mined coins to 10% people would claim that I abused the bug to mine coins for myself (e.g. a premine).

Where there is original innovation there will always be bugs present, if you don't like that you might want to invest into some clonecoin.

@NUDTeam
NEaaHBhhjaTK36mYiSvPGjSjThDWN5gXgM
sixteendigits

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 04:05:10 AM

It's only a test, nud has been  on exchange , it's not a test, you are waste our time and money. Angry Angry

The former support like a monkey, dev is Monkey man,lol.

1:1 ratio is appropriate .

Even worse. Ever thought about how hard it will be now to convince an exchange to trust NUD, considering that alcurex will sooner or later find out that the NUD update leaves them with all their customers' NUD deposits being lost? Blockchain restarts are simply a no-go for any serious altcoin dev who cares about the coin's reputation.

I didn't give any exchange permission to add NUD, that is why I ignore all the PMs from exchanges willing to add support to NUD.

Of course I am not the dictator of the network, exchanges may still add NUD without my permission, just don't be surprised when inconveniences occur.

Unfortunately we are bound to have many updates within the first weeks. I don't think that it's wise to add support for NUD so early for most exchanges.

Hello from alcurEX exchange. We got support message about your coin NUD:

Code:
Hi, 
I need you to comment on the NUD blockchain re-start. I had no idea that you were adding coins without the permission of the dev. What will happen with the NUD that is deposited with you? This is a serious trust issue.

First of all. If you clone and publish opensource coins, there is no"dev permissions".
We inform your community in your thread and PM dev, so everyone know there is exchange for NUD.
Ofcourse we expect dev inform all exchanges and pools how to keep NUD coin alive.
If your dev will not inform pools and exchanges, and want to keep this private, do not make ANN. Use like PREANN and inform you coin is not published yet.

I will freeze NUD market untill we know if we have dev support... and "permission".
Any way. Good luck with your coin. We will not leave you if there is solution to keep your coin on the market. Smiley

alcurEX support
-halibit-

I am fully with you. I think it is a huge step forward to have exchanges which pick up new cryptocurrencies, and the invention of open source software as you say, together with the security gained through cryptographic blockchain networks, can be seen as the basis for allowing this. I can't imagine what potential the cryptocurrency economy would have if exchanges could pick up new cryptocurrencies easily and without fearing damaging actions from rogue altcoin devs. For example:

* Real mining profit from day one
* Possibility to compare different altcoins on their exchange performance from the beginning

So what can be done? One thing would be to better educate people about the ethics of creating a cryptocurrency. As you correctly stated, PREANN would be at the very least appropriate if the dev plans to make blockchain restarts for no reason. But even then: Blockchain restarts should be only an ultimate resort. This becomes clear when thinking about how the blockchains are computed. No matter if it's a CPU, GPU or ASIC coin: People invest computing power into verifying the blocks and computing the hashes. So, even when policies like the hash being used change, it could be considered an environmental crime to just throw away the old data, considering that it doesn't take much development effort to make such changes to a blockchain client without a restart.

But even more can be done, thanks to the blockchain cryptography:

For this, it must be understood that the dev's attack against the old blockchain and its exchanger, miner and user community was very simple: He replaced the software on the advertised seed nodes to be incompatible with the old blockchain, and stopped to distribute the software compatible with the old blockchain.

So, to recover the funds on the exchange, the following steps can be taken:

* Advise people to use the known-to-work software release 0.0.0.1
* Put it on accessible servers and provide their hostnames for people to "addnode" them
* Notify the miners - they will be needed at least to let the difficulty adapt downwards. But they cannot mine on the new blockchain anyway

So, by appropriate usage of the potential of open source and of blockchain networks, it should even be possible to limit the power of rogue devs.

As future steps, I would recommend to make the change to bcrypt from the old blockchain - in a proper way without invalidating blocks. This way, the community NUD and the dictator-dev NUD stay maximally compatible (think CentOS and the product of a certain North American software vendor Wink). Maybe we can then even convince the dev to join forces. A cryptocurrency with a healthy community is even more valuable after all.

Maybe it's time to move on for you.

Wow, I thought you left.  Still at it huh?  This is ancient history at this point.  Literally no one cares anymore but you.
green2016

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 05:18:49 AM

mine mine mine
go go go,
what plan about the coin, I am so confused about it...
kalisto

Activity: 245

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 06:19:46 AM

Normally i try avoid reacting on trolls or fud but if you read the topic it was done to fix the algo bug. The dev handled this issue in one of the best ways ive seen in altcoin history. Maybe it's time to move on for you and go find some scrypt coins with a PoW of 7 days.

PS i will donate 500 NUD for bounty's. (dont forget we need also pool software)

SquidsIn

Activity: 236

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 08:00:36 AM
Last edit: July 03, 2014, 08:14:48 AM by SquidsIn

No one is denying the fact that scams were ran on NUD by scrypt miners exploiting a bug in the early release, thus it was decided upon that the "scammers" will be rewarded 10% of their scrypt mined coins for their contirbution to the network for revealing the bug. If you don't think that the decision was just you can freely open your own thread and start a fork, I very much doubt that you'd get a lot of followers that are willing to sabotage the well-being of the network in exchange for their unjustly mined NUD.

The decision was made in such a manner as to upset the least miners, had we not reduced the fraudulently mined coins to 10% people would claim that I abused the bug to mine coins for myself (e.g. a premine).

Where there is original innovation there will always be bugs present, if you don't like that you might want to invest into some clonecoin.

Referring to the coins mined in the first few days as "fraudulently mined coins" is rather disingenuous.  They were mined by the ONLY means with which it was possible to mine them, because of a bug.  Nobody is perfect, you said you made an honest mistake, that Scrypt being enabled was a bug.  But, the network continued and until you announced the hard fork it wasn't exactly clear what was going to happen with the coin.  You might say those who continued to mine kept the faith and kept the coin alive whilst you came up with a game plan.  Most people, some begrudgingly at first (myself included), accepted the 10% exchange and moved on from that initial hiccup.

I would posit that most of the post-fork Bcrypt network comprised the same miners who mined NUD initially with Scrypt, certainly that's the case for myself.  If those who mined in the first few days ALL turned away, muttered scam and stopped mining then we probably wouldn't have an active network now.  I understand that you're short and impatient with FUDsters but referring to loyal day 1 miners as fraudsters and scammers is hardly endearing.  Shocked

Since getting into Cryptocurrency I've had many bags, all but two have varied over time.  Those are the two I see in the mirror where my eyes once shone.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: