Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:05:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Minerals development - top priority
E-sports Betting services + wallet betting features - 254 (48.7%)
Anonymity development - 135 (25.9%)
Multipool further development - 28 (5.4%)
SC2 tournaments - 56 (10.7%)
Wallet improvements (chat, price, better design) - 49 (9.4%)
Total Voters: 522

Pages: « 1 ... 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 [350] 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 ... 453 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MIN] Minerals - POS | Developing own anon solution |  (Read 742152 times)
egyptocoin

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 03:52:41 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2014, 04:14:53 PM by egyptocoin

Some part of it is obviously automated...so there is definitely a black box involved with a algo running IMHO.

I doubt it. There is a formula in stocks, but it isn't 100%. Can't remember the name - if I remember correctly the guy that wrote "Black Swan" was part of it.

Found it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black%E2%80%93Scholes_model

That doesn't make sense...you saying algos can't be used to manipulate stocks.... You had better go talk to GS if that is the case. Even easier here...
Reading link now...but what I say still stands....

No, I'm saying they can be - but the margin of error and losses is huge if not put in check. But more so this to me is a human not a machine, a machine would of tried to take it to 0 if it was making major losses to compensate. This happens in the NYSE sometimes, but not often.

It's just that human behavior is far more complex than an algorithm at this point in time. It's not that we can't be deduced to lines of code it's just that right now we far underestimate the power of human emotions and reason to properly achieve a code that is 100%.

Think about, most of the P&D twitter folks made 1000x more what an HFTC box makes - last I checked on the the DOW/NYSE they only average 3-5% annually.(which when you have billions is huge, and partially gauranteed, at this moment they is only allowed to be 10% of the traders.) I could be wrong. But it's one of those too good to be true. Or everyone would do it becuase of the odds.

Here's an article from 0hedge. zerohedge.com/news/2014-04-04/sec-busts-hft-firms-tricking-people-trading-artificial-prices
Nemesys

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 04:07:40 PM

Black–Scholes is making my brane hurt ..

but I think you´re right ...

I´m an early day "investor" and I´ve seen my holding lose over 50% value due to "manipulation" of the price

this coin should have "broken the mold" of asic multipool farmed pump and dumps, bit someone .. and I mean someone (not a bot or machine) is playing with this coins price ...

Angry Angry Angry
litecoinbeast

Activity: 136

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 04:19:38 PM

I´m an early day "investor" and I´ve seen my holding lose over 50% value due to "manipulation" of the price

this coin should have "broken the mold" of asic multipool farmed pump and dumps, bit someone .. and I mean someone (not a bot or machine) is playing with this coins price ...

Angry Angry Angry

Some part of it is obviously automated...so there is definitely a black box involved with a algo running IMHO.

You guys will notice that I said part....yes there is a human present...and tech there is always someone who IS the " machine". There is definitely a pattern here....and some of it is definitely calculated and automated by "someone" but I don't care really..know one is denying that manipulation is rampant eveywhere. It comes down to when, why and if the sheep are going to stand up and say enough is enough..beautiful sunny Saturday here.... Have fun Smiley
MineralsPR

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

CraigsCoin Developer

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 04:20:56 PM

Okay I handed Crayon admin access to the Live Betting platform. He will be testing platform and prepare for the upcoming tournament.

lvyuan95

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 04:25:52 PM

Heh guys. Quit arguing about the price. Lets find more supporters outside of BTC.
Soon twittertipbot will be out and we will gladly invest thousands of coins in tipping, and more than that - we will sponsor tournaments.

Btw, am I wrong that Minerals is one of the few devs that actually delivered anything except of nice-looking announcement thread ?

Yeah ofc, that's how market reacts when you 'delivered anything'  Roll Eyes

Good luck Mr. bagholders, gonna ride the Viacoin and see you on the moon(?)  Grin
litecoinbeast

Activity: 136

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 04:27:05 PM

Okay I handed Crayon admin access to the Live Betting platform. He will be testing platform and prepare for the upcoming tournament.

I will watch some of this... I used to play a lot of BroodWar and got pretty damn good. Tried sc II but just didn't seem to take. Was always a Zerg fan for their rather simplistic, straight forward strategy. Multiple, expand and overwhelm (swarm)  Smiley Wink that seemed to be lost in II.
egyptocoin

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 04:27:58 PM

Angry Angry Angry

You guys will notice that I said part....yes there is a human present...and tech there is always someone who IS the " machine". There is definitely a pattern here....and some of it is definitely calculated and automated by "someone" but I don't care really..know one is denying that manipulation is rampant eveywhere. It comes down to when, why and if the sheep are going to stand up and say enough is enough..beautiful sunny Saturday here.... Have fun Smiley

To be fair - it's completely legal even in the regular market. Secondly, even us talking on this forum is considered as "insider trading". It's not a matter of sheep it's a matter of a well-timed, and I might add - well executed sell-off trying to buy cheap before the news is released. (buy on the rumor, sell on the news) I think it would just be misinformation to say it's a box doing this.

Do you happen to know where I could get a long-term chart of MIN by chance?
MineralsPR

CraigsCoin Developer

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 04:32:18 PM

Heh guys. Quit arguing about the price. Lets find more supporters outside of BTC.
Soon twittertipbot will be out and we will gladly invest thousands of coins in tipping, and more than that - we will sponsor tournaments.

Btw, am I wrong that Minerals is one of the few devs that actually delivered anything except of nice-looking announcement thread ?

Yeah ofc, that's how market reacts when you 'delivered anything'  Roll Eyes

Good luck Mr. bagholders, gonna ride the Viacoin and see you on the moon(?)  Grin

I would be sad if i cared about current market price all that much. I`ll go back to developing and promoting coin, if you don`t mind.

Nemesys

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 04:33:51 PM

Angry Angry Angry

Hey Litecoinbeast..

you´re right ..

it´s 35C here in sunny southerrn Spain, at 18.30,

I´ve got dinner booked with two lovely ladies  and I´ve just paid my rent for the month ( and dinner btw..) with a massive punt on CNL

thanx for keeping me grounded

Kiss
lvyuan95

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 04:39:33 PM

Good luck Mr. bagholders, gonna ride the Viacoin and see you on the moon(?)  Grin

I would be sad if i cared about current market price all that much. I`ll go back to developing and promoting coin, if you don`t mind.

That would be sad if you don't care about the market price since too much people invested this and pretend care about this coin itself, in fact they just want you guys release something to make hype so they could dump for BTC. It's crypto, don't make coins if you don't have money or skills Roll Eyes

Anyway, gonna take the profit from via to take a vacation, good luck MIN fellows lol
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 04:45:31 PM

Maybe traders in crypt do not care about delivery of anything in a coin. Maybe everyone just wants to make a quick buck.
MineralsPR

CraigsCoin Developer

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 04:46:13 PM

That would be sad if you don't care about the market price since too much people invested this and pretend care about this coin itself, in fact they just want you guys release something to make hype so they could dump for BTC. It's crypto, don't make coins if you don't have money or skills Roll Eyes

Anyway, gonna take the profit from via to take a vacation, good luck MIN fellows lol

We told everyone that we are not playing in day trades. We supporting steady developement. Those who invested trusted in the future of coin instead of looking for cheap dump. I`m sorry for anyone who did invested in something else and lost their money. For everyone else i state again - dev team is not dependent on the coin market price - we are not selling coins to pay coders. Project stands.

majeis

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 04:54:12 PM

We told everyone that we are not playing in day trades. We supporting steady developement. Those who invested trusted in the future of coin instead of looking for cheap dump. I`m sorry for anyone who did invested in something else and lost their money. For everyone else i state again - dev team is not dependent on the coin market price - we are not selling coins to pay coders. Project stands.

You're still going to continue promoting and developing this coin when the low volume gets it delisted from most exchanges?

You're going to pointlessly continue wasting your time and resources without any form of compensation all for the good of the community?

Am I reading you right?

Because if I am, you are the most selfless "team" in this entire forum.

Otherwise, you actually do care about the price and hope for it to go up like every other bagholder in this thread, but you're taking the neutral ground as if the price doesn't affect you.

Why is that?

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
BTC  ◉PLAY  ◉XMR  ◉DOGE  ◉STRAT  ◉ETH  ◉GRC  ◉LTC  ◉DASH  ◉PPC
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄        █████
▄██████████████████████████▄      █████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ████     ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██
████ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ████ ▄██████▄
████████████████████████████ ████████
███████▀            ▀███████ ▀██████▀
█████▀                ▀█████
▀██████████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
DICE           
BLACKJACK
PLINKO       
VIDEO POKER
ROULETTE     
LOTTO            
bangersdad

Activity: 227

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 04:59:44 PM

i regret to say i have sold my minerals after the live betting on the 15th. I believed in Minerals at the start, but was very disappointed with the live betting test - just having 2 min address for a win or lose was not good enough, it needed more functionality - i was hoping it would be more like a betting exchange that matched the bets, there was 1000min on one side of the book and a few hundred min on the other side of the book. So the book was completely unbalanced - and as there was no information given regarding Crayons opponents it made skilled, judged betting using odds to determine your level of risk completely impossible. So my opinion changed from it being a well developed betting platform. The devs may have great experience in SC2 but they have inadequate experience in designing and implementing a professional betting site. i do not believe the current downtrend is manipulation in any part, just early adopters losing faith and moving onto coins with better growth potential.

i will honestly say tho' that MIN has one of the best communities around, and you should be proud of yourselves for having a FUD free thread. good luck to you all, i hope i am proved wrong and the live betting is taken to the next level of implementation..only time will tell.
egyptocoin

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 05:00:53 PM

You're still going to continue promoting and developing this coin when the low volume gets it delisted from most exchanges?

You're going to pointlessly continue wasting your time and resources without any form of compensation all for the good of the community?

Am I reading you right?

Otherwise, you actually do care about the price and hope for it to go up like every other bagholder in this thread, but you're taking the neutral ground as if the price doesn't affect you.

Why is that?

I would say - he did say he had a job. So I'm going to guess other than the crassness implied that he/she/they are selfless.
majeis

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 05:02:52 PM

Am I reading you right?

Why is that?

I would say - he did say he had a job. So I'm going to guess other than the crassness implied that he/she/they are selfless.

So this whole gambling thing isn't for-profit?

What percentage goes to charity?

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
BTC  ◉PLAY  ◉XMR  ◉DOGE  ◉STRAT  ◉ETH  ◉GRC  ◉LTC  ◉DASH  ◉PPC
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄        █████
▄██████████████████████████▄      █████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ████     ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██
████ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ████ ▄██████▄
████████████████████████████ ████████
███████▀            ▀███████ ▀██████▀
█████▀                ▀█████
▀██████████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
DICE           
BLACKJACK
PLINKO       
VIDEO POKER
ROULETTE     
LOTTO            
Splatters
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 05:08:20 PM

what the hell is happening to this coin!
FUck me, I thought it was a good one, but after I bought I dumped hard.

I know why your pray will never be answered!
Vampiro4L

Activity: 164

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 05:20:07 PM

hey MinPR, you've put your motives and plans out there, i don't think you need to justify yourselves anymore. You guys are doing a great job keep up the good work and don't feel like you have to respond to every troll.
Pikachu12

Activity: 435

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 05:27:51 PM

Yeah all the devs are doing a great job. Still holding.
Tam222

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 05:52:40 PM

Yeah all the devs are doing a great job. Still holding.

+1

MIN - MCfYhe84Sos6fsLt2SwNrZ9EAwhPaTonu8  
BTC - 1DqDrHQB8x5Hh1mf1yHaUV2etRCdSbmPXB
GPC - LNVkXdNM4CpmgKAJaHh4BPiN15xdWL3Y1E
Pages: « 1 ... 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 [350] 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 ... 453 »
  Print  

Jump to: