Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:20:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Minerals development - top priority
E-sports Betting services + wallet betting features - 254 (48.7%)
Anonymity development - 135 (25.9%)
Multipool further development - 28 (5.4%)
SC2 tournaments - 56 (10.7%)
Wallet improvements (chat, price, better design) - 49 (9.4%)
Total Voters: 522

Pages: « 1 ... 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 [390] 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 ... 453 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MIN] Minerals - POS | Developing own anon solution |  (Read 742147 times)
halicarton

Activity: 402
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:06:31 PM

hope it's not just the dev...it would make it seem sad

............It's never late to buy BTC for $1.........
........Services-backed cryptocurrency of $1 000 000 000 000 market .........
...........PRE ICO            Sep.27 – Oct.04............
       ............ICO            Oct.10 – Nov.07............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:10:49 PM

you cloned my post?

wow someone's buying in, don't miss that train

i hope it's not just the dev...it would make it seem sad

Hodor_keeper_of_the_light

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:13:09 PM

you cloned my post?

wtf r u talking about?) I've posted this when I bought some.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:14:49 PM

you cloned my post?

he cloned my post, repeating the exact same thing, your post has nothing to do
rastimonac

Activity: 426

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:38:32 PM

I agree that the group photo of all collective would be the best option, but all of them are in different places. I think that in the future they will make it. For example will gather in honor of tournament or celebration in honor of the project.

we dont need a group photo, this is not school  Grin all we need is that they show people who they are... that will make (in my oppinion) better price and what is most important to others who want to invest more trust, thats all....
chrisnippz

Activity: 212

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:42:17 PM

Hey all.  Gotta say I am loving this coin's potential and the measured prioritization of the devs.  I watched some of Crayon's test last night and wanted to post some feedback.  I had a great time watching. The betting mechanics, even in their current raw form, were entertaining and addictive.  Below are my general thoughts on the state of the coin and feelings on what is needed to take us to the moon.  I want to qualify this by saying I think the devs are doing a great job, MineralsPR is rocking the communications, and this could be something really big.  I'm not asking 'why don't we have these things' but rather sharing what I think it would be great if we did have.  So:

- The live.minerals.pro website needs to get proper design and UI love.  It looks like a slightly modified unoriginal template and the first thought when visiting is 'this looks amateurish'.  The tournament site is so slick and epic, it's a real let down to see the actual betting site in comparison.  Obviously, the devs have rightly been focusing on functionality, but I think we are getting to the point where proper branding and design are going to become critical.  This site needs to look and feel futuristic and sleek.  We're ready to invite the masses and we need to put out the good china.

- The betting is awesome, but not all that intuitive.  There should be some brief explanation on the page without having to visit other tabs.  Underneath the addresses that you send your bets it should say something like 'Send Minerals to this address to bet on _____ at _____ odds.'  The user shouldn't have to intuit what the addresses mean or leave the page for a separate tab to understand.

- The design should behave and feel like a video game.  There needs to be some graphical representation of how many minerals have been bet and some exclamatory action upon completion of a round.  Think about Halo or other video games that give some sort of pleasant sound and affirmation when something happens.  'Headshot'.  'Combo'.  'Achievement Unlocked'.  We need to feel like that.  There should be some sort of visual effect along the lines of '100 Minerals Bet'.  '1,000 mineral bet!'.  'Alpha-Dog wins and 17,089 min go to the bettors!'.  Give me a highlight stat, if even briefly.  I'm not saying record it forever, but let's have a little pomp and circumstance around the betting and the outcomes.  Even if just for a few moments, I want winning to feel like getting a free life for the winners and like losing a life for the losers.  

- Proof of Developer is the new buzzphrase in cryptos.  I understand why devs would want to remain anonymous, and I think our devs have proven they are in this for the long haul and doing it the right way.  But if there is any way there can come to be a developer face for this that is a provable real human being, it would help the value.  If none of the current devs want outed, they should reach out to and bring someone new who could be the face of the devs.  

- Anon.  Anonymous transactions are the darling of the industry.  Let's find a way, whatever it is.  This will bring attention to us, and based on last night, even in the raw unpolished form, once people check us out they are going to be interested and inclined to get involved.  We just need them to get curious in the first place.

- Keep the realms of betting coming.  DOTA and LoL next? Great!  After that?  Classic sports.  I want to be able to bet minerals on hockey games next season.  I want to be able to make bets on the next pitch in a baseball game, just like I could in a Vegas sports book.  I looked into it briefly, and it looks like there are services out of Vegas that could serve as 'Oracles', providing info on sports stats that are measurable.  I'm sure there are box score APIs out there and such.  If we kick off with this tournament, follow up quickly with DOTA and LOL betting, anon shortly thereafter and real sports betting next?  Frickin' moon.

Any way, those are my thoughts.  Take them for what they are worth from someone who hasn't had to program a damn thing.  Just a little user feedback and what I'd like to see.  Keep up the good work.

+1

Good read
Starscream

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:08:57 PM

you cloned my post?

There are some bots that pop up from time to time and just copy others post and repost them, obviously to up their activity level and rank, but for what end I don't know..

Maybe add trust to main acc or just scam in the future using an "old" account.

/shrug
chinchs

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:22:46 PM

you cloned my post?

There are some bots that pop up from time to time and just copy others post and repost them, obviously to up their activity level and rank, but for what end I don't know..

Maybe add trust to main acc or just scam in the future using an "old" account.

/shrug

Or he might want to cash his signature.
Hoshimaru

Activity: 411

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:17:53 PM

It's awfully quiet today...
What's the status on betting 'magnet' links? Will it be ready for Saturday's tournament?
chinchs

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:25:15 PM

What's the status on betting 'magnet' links? Will it be ready for Saturday's tournament?

If we don't have all player, tournament will date will be changed?
Minerals (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Minerals Dev

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 07:43:20 PM

Yeah, because I`m still in hospital (PR here).

Magnet links actually was not that easy to implement as we thought. Will tak a while. Certainly wont be ready for August 2d.

MVNWT9QtaryFdzexcHNyiJa3hzZB5Ja85P
Hoshimaru

Activity: 411

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:55:48 PM

Yeah, because I`m still in hospital (PR here).

Magnet links actually was not that easy to implement as we thought. Will tak a while. Certainly wont be ready for August 2d.
Oooh. Thought you were already out of the hospital: like in a small intervention at a one-day-clinic ^^
Well... I wish you a good recovery Smiley

Isn't it easier to borrow and modify some code from a bittorrent client to fit the needs of Minerals?
litecoinbeast

Activity: 136

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 08:56:32 PM

I agree that the group photo of all collective would be the best option, but all of them are in different places. I think that in the future they will make it. For example will gather in honor of tournament or celebration in honor of the project.

we dont need a group photo, this is not school  Grin all we need is that they show people who they are... that will make (in my oppinion) better price and what is most important to others who want to invest more trust, thats all....

How about a group hug? Or a group pile? Lol

I'm all pumped for the tourney. Got me some popcorn and beer Smiley
MilkyMoon

Activity: 137

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 10:27:52 PM

I'm all pumped for the tourney. Got me some popcorn and beer Smiley

Same Cheesy

Can't wait for tomorrow night. Just bought an extra 200 MIN because it's so cheap I couldn't resist. I imagine it'll never be this cheap after the word gets out that the tournament is only an hour to two away.

BTC: 1FpFrSurKcaXJbabZFaM7atzVCa39Lp3qN
"Oatmeal is like nature's oatmeal." - George Washington
ZyTReX
Legendary

Activity: 881
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:31:56 PM

ESPORTSCOIN WIN Cheesy

AWESOME
TheFridge

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 01:00:03 AM

Hey all.  Gotta say I am loving this coin's potential and the measured prioritization of the devs.  I watched some of Crayon's test last night and wanted to post some feedback.  I had a great time watching. The betting mechanics, even in their current raw form, were entertaining and addictive.  Below are my general thoughts on the state of the coin and feelings on what is needed to take us to the moon.  I want to qualify this by saying I think the devs are doing a great job, MineralsPR is rocking the communications, and this could be something really big.  I'm not asking 'why don't we have these things' but rather sharing what I think it would be great if we did have.  So:

- The live.minerals.pro website needs to get proper design and UI love.  It looks like a slightly modified unoriginal template and the first thought when visiting is 'this looks amateurish'.  The tournament site is so slick and epic, it's a real let down to see the actual betting site in comparison.  Obviously, the devs have rightly been focusing on functionality, but I think we are getting to the point where proper branding and design are going to become critical.  This site needs to look and feel futuristic and sleek.  We're ready to invite the masses and we need to put out the good china.

- The betting is awesome, but not all that intuitive.  There should be some brief explanation on the page without having to visit other tabs.  Underneath the addresses that you send your bets it should say something like 'Send Minerals to this address to bet on _____ at _____ odds.'  The user shouldn't have to intuit what the addresses mean or leave the page for a separate tab to understand.

- The design should behave and feel like a video game.  There needs to be some graphical representation of how many minerals have been bet and some exclamatory action upon completion of a round.  Think about Halo or other video games that give some sort of pleasant sound and affirmation when something happens.  'Headshot'.  'Combo'.  'Achievement Unlocked'.  We need to feel like that.  There should be some sort of visual effect along the lines of '100 Minerals Bet'.  '1,000 mineral bet!'.  'Alpha-Dog wins and 17,089 min go to the bettors!'.  Give me a highlight stat, if even briefly.  I'm not saying record it forever, but let's have a little pomp and circumstance around the betting and the outcomes.  Even if just for a few moments, I want winning to feel like getting a free life for the winners and like losing a life for the losers.  

- Proof of Developer is the new buzzphrase in cryptos.  I understand why devs would want to remain anonymous, and I think our devs have proven they are in this for the long haul and doing it the right way.  But if there is any way there can come to be a developer face for this that is a provable real human being, it would help the value.  If none of the current devs want outed, they should reach out to and bring someone new who could be the face of the devs.  

- Anon.  Anonymous transactions are the darling of the industry.  Let's find a way, whatever it is.  This will bring attention to us, and based on last night, even in the raw unpolished form, once people check us out they are going to be interested and inclined to get involved.  We just need them to get curious in the first place.

- Keep the realms of betting coming.  DOTA and LoL next? Great!  After that?  Classic sports.  I want to be able to bet minerals on hockey games next season.  I want to be able to make bets on the next pitch in a baseball game, just like I could in a Vegas sports book.  I looked into it briefly, and it looks like there are services out of Vegas that could serve as 'Oracles', providing info on sports stats that are measurable.  I'm sure there are box score APIs out there and such.  If we kick off with this tournament, follow up quickly with DOTA and LOL betting, anon shortly thereafter and real sports betting next?  Frickin' moon.

Any way, those are my thoughts.  Take them for what they are worth from someone who hasn't had to program a damn thing.  Just a little user feedback and what I'd like to see.  Keep up the good work.

Bump

+1 great ideas
Byter88

Activity: 188

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 01:18:18 AM

Bump

+1 great ideas

Just started paying a little more attention to Minerals, cant believe all the development so far, very undervalued. Just checked on Bittrex and it only needs 4 BTC to hit 2000k, Saturday should be fun!
iaminitnow06

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:03:19 AM

Visit here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=718290. Please take your tournament discussion there. We need to keep that thread going in order to reach a greater BTT mass.

NEM(NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT) - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.0 | http://forum.nemcoin.com/ | http://altnemo.com/
NBOCOW-D45UHF-A7CJUX-HK7PD3-KUEXEP-PMECIZ-BJFP
shanecoins

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 09:42:45 AM

Bump

+1 great ideas

Just started paying a little more attention to Minerals, cant believe all the development so far, very undervalued. Just checked on Bittrex and it only needs 4 BTC to hit 2000k, Saturday should be fun!
im in Cool
btminer8

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 12:35:04 PM

Found this on ##minerals

[14:43] <evt_> this is from facebook
[14:44] <evt_> Hey guys, I'm posting on behalf of the tournament organiser for AuckLAN(www.aucklan.com). We are a volunteer group committed to providing NZ with an esports competitive LAN ranging across a variety of games(including Starcraft II). There have been no big LANs in NZ since Xlan which annual brought together over 700 gamers to one location. We are trying to get
[14:44] <evt_> this back but are looking for sponsors for each gaming category. With the success of the last AuckLAN we are hoping to make the next one even bigger. We were wondering if there is any chance we could get some Minerals for our Starcraft II tournament prize pool? In return we can promote Minerals on our home page, Starcraft community forums in our advertising
[14:44] <evt_> and throughout the tournament. This can be a way to promote the use of Minerals to Starcraft players in NZ. Doesn't have to be much but enough to get players excited.

posting it here so developer can see it
Pages: « 1 ... 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 [390] 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 ... 453 »
  Print  

Jump to: