Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:05:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [FRAC] Fractalcoin | **Added to Cryptsy** | X11 | Slingshield | % fees  (Read 129683 times)
mycryptocoin

Activity: 380
Merit: 100

Community Manager - Blockchain analyst

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 04:55:11 PM

Hey Fractalcoin Fans,

I set up some basic statistics about Fractalcoin difficulty and transaction volume that can also be embedded in forums/sites as an image. Thought it might be helpful to see how mining and transaction volume develops. (Updates every 10 minutes)

If you like this, I'd appreciate a small tip

FbJVH5whE1C4h89LiwB3LHL7WYogvVXrrF

In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CDarvin81

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 05:21:48 PM

working on richlist and faucet...
but my server provider had issues at the time so it maybe i takes some days till online..
killu

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 05:49:18 PM

how do we get to the Mintpal Voting ?  and when will the mining phase end  ?
ManOnTheMoon

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 06:11:55 PM

This coin is a keeper!

Slingshot is revolutionary.

Can you add anon DEV?

ETH: 0xff90080d7db05ced501f273548841a2c39cf6463
CDarvin81

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 06:18:38 PM

This coin is a keeper!

Can you add anon DEV?
please nooooooooooooooooo!
no one need this shit realy.
  Tongue
dhall

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 06:47:33 PM

This coin is a keeper!

Can you add anon DEV?
  Tongue

I'm not against it, but it seems to be an unnecessary feature for some coins.

Not every coin needs every feature; I can use a screwdriver as a hammer, but it's not ideal.
CDarvin81

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 06:48:21 PM

This coin is a keeper!

Can you add anon DEV?
  Tongue

I'm not against it, but it seems to be an unnecessary feature for some coins.

Not every coin needs every feature; I can use a screwdriver as a hammer, but it's not ideal.

+1
nice wording...
Fractalcoin (OP)

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 06:53:42 PM

If you would like to help Fractalcoin grow then please consider donating to the Fractalcoin fund, the address is:

FstbqXN338TCE7CGG9GsdK5qisZP1sWxew

This fund will enable us to continue providing bounties and allow us to maximise exposure of the coin through advertising and marketing campaigns. The scope of the donation fund is not limited to the above however, they are just some of the potential uses.
MyFarm

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 06:58:49 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2014, 07:14:40 PM by MyFarm

Is there any new code being actively developed for Fractalcoin?

Thank you.
nfox

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 07:00:09 PM

This is funny to me, I see no clear posts regarding development, just some posts asking for donations, for bounties etc, considering there is already a premine for that. I LOL
MyFarm

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 07:13:00 PM

This is funny to me, I see no clear posts regarding development, just some posts asking for donations, for bounties etc, considering there is already a premine for that. I LOL
Thus my question above.

If active development is going on (with accompanied roadmap) and they need support, I'm happy to support them.

If they think the current coin and "marketing and advertising campaigns" are going to take Fractal to a top 10 coin like they claim it will be, we're all going to be sorely disappointed.
JasonSW

Activity: 186

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 07:24:38 PM

If you would like to help Fractalcoin grow then please consider donating to the Fractalcoin fund, the address is:

FstbqXN338TCE7CGG9GsdK5qisZP1sWxew

This fund will enable us to continue providing bounties and allow us to maximise exposure of the coin through advertising and marketing campaigns. The scope of the donation fund is not limited to the above however, they are just some of the potential uses.

Anyway sent 50 FRAC, and hope we can host giveaway etc soon, will be happy to send more in support of advertising (pls consider giveaway for voting polo, will be really helpful).
JasonSW

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 07:46:42 PM

This is their first post on this subject LOL. Considering most of coins will be minted in the first month, premine (0.5%) is really not much. Most of coins take about 1% premine, but you know it takes years for coins to be minted, the ratio of premine over coins in circulation is actually pretty high. This is not the case as to FRAC. Simply check the value of premine according to the current market price.
SkunkMonkey

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 08:22:37 PM

Is there any new code being actively developed for Fractalcoin?

Thank you.

The team is currently evaluating methods to make adoption of Fractalcoin easier, along with considering small transaction fee adjustments to help the infrastructure when the next phase is reached.

Thus my question above.

If active development is going on (with accompanied roadmap) and they need support, I'm happy to support them.

If they think the current coin and "marketing and advertising campaigns" are going to take Fractal to a top 10 coin like they claim it will be, we're all going to be sorely disappointed.

A roadmap is in the works. It's just one more thing piled on top of the list of things that people are demanding of earlz. He's doing what he can as fast as he can. We are trying to get him the help he needs via bounties.

While it's true we haven't been pushing the marketing and advertising as much as we would like, the options to put money into getting the assistance needed is proving to be quite high. We're talking 1BTC or more offers, so we are trying to make sure when we do invest that it's not going to be wasted.

If only I could show you the chat log activity in our dev channel. We are constantly talking about the coin for one reason or another. It's consuming all of our waking, non-work hours. Well, even some work hours, but don't tell the boss! You can always stop by the #fractalcoin channel as we brainstorm with some of the community there.

Also, we're looking at a way to reward people for voting for us at various sites. Not sure if we can pull this off, but we're looking at it.

Cheers!
Skunky
MyFarm

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:49:06 PM

Thank you for taking the time to respond Skunky, I appreciate it.

Here's the thing.  As we all know, there are a ton of altcoins out there.  Slingshield is what attracted me to this coin as it shows me the devs are capable of innovation.  And while innovative, it isn't going to cause widespread adoption of this coin.  Neither is advertising/marketing as there are hundreds of other altcoins out there trying to market their ways to the top.

What will drive adoption is innovation.  

As devs, the only thing you should be thinking about is how to make this an innovative coin; a coin that stands out from the rest.  If you do that, the community will build around you and take care of everything else.  If you focus on bounties and advertising and stuff like that, this coin will be left in the dust.

Look at my post history.  I'm not afraid to donate substantial amounts to bounties in support of innovative coins.  Look back far enough and you'll find a post by me where I donated 1000 DRK to someone for their work.

I see potential in Fractalcoin and you devs.  But if you're not coming up with software solutions to make this coin better, then you're not utilizing your talents.  And it is that talent that will make this a $xx,xxx,xxx coin.  Nothing else.

Yes, I am asking a lot from you guys.  But the thing is, if you put a lot into this, this coin can make you millionaires.  There's a reason Evan Duffield of Darkcoin became a full time Darkcoin dev.  He trusted his coding talent enough to know that if he worked hard on innovating his coin, he would be a millionaire.  And that has become a reality.  I'm not asking you to quit your day jobs.  But I am asking you for a solid, innovative roadmap and proof that you're working on it. 
JasonSW

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:11:00 PM

Here's the thing.  As we all know, there are a ton of altcoins out there.  Slingshield is what attracted me to this coin as it shows me the devs are capable of innovation.  And while innovative, it isn't going to cause widespread adoption of this coin.  Neither is advertising/marketing as there are hundreds of other altcoins out there trying to market their ways to the top.

As devs, the only thing you should be thinking about is how to make this an innovative coin; a coin that stands out from the rest.  If you do that, the community will build around you and take care of everything else.  If you focus on bounties and advertising and stuff like that, this coin will be left in the dust.

Look at my post history.  I'm not afraid to donate substantial amounts to bounties in support of innovative coins.  Look back far enough and you'll find a post by me where I donated 1000 DRK to someone for their work.

I see potential in Fractalcoin and you devs.  But if you're not coming up with software solutions to make this coin better, then you're not utilizing your talents.  And it is that talent that will make this a $xx,xxx,xxx coin.  Nothing else.

Yes, I am asking a lot from you guys.  But the thing is, if you put a lot into this, this coin can make you millionaires.  There's a reason Evan Duffield of Darkcoin became a full time Darkcoin dev.  He trusted his coding talent enough to know that if he worked hard on innovating his coin, he would be a millionaire.  And that has become a reality.

Question: what are the innovations you are expecting? Surely a coin will get a lot profit when we innovate something. But hey look, what innovations around: X11, X13, **-send feature, or a new look of wallet, we cannot just cry for that, the question is not the innovation side, the question is what kind of features you want see (someone suggested anon, I believe, simply because most of coins have this). And you cannot expect Dev send out innovations for a coin which is just launched 10 days ago (DRK take months to get to that stage, right?).
savale

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 09:23:24 PM

really looking forward to the effect of slingshield on the market price. I checked the sourcecode at github and it will work well for sure! Good work so far guys!

MyFarm

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:31:36 PM

Yes, I am asking a lot from you guys.  But the thing is, if you put a lot into this, this coin can make you millionaires.  There's a reason Evan Duffield of Darkcoin became a full time Darkcoin dev.  He trusted his coding talent enough to know that if he worked hard on innovating his coin, he would be a millionaire.  And that has become a reality.
Question: what are the innovations you are expecting?

I don't know.  What I'm curious about is if the devs have anything in the works or planned, thus the desire for a roadmap.

If they want ideas, I have them.  For example, at this point, developing anonymity from scratch isn't a good idea.  However, one idea would be to look to the darkcoin masternode system.  It is just about ready and the code could be added to Fractalcoin.  Utilize masternodes with Fractalcoin to help secure the network, take Fractalcoin out of circulation, and add some sort of feature that taps into the masternode system that is innovative. 
Fractalcoin (OP)

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:35:59 PM

We have just posted details regarding proposed changes to transaction fees. This information can be found on our thread on bitcointalk and a thread on our subreddit.
JasonSW

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:43:15 AM

Question: what are the innovations you are expecting?

I don't know.  What I'm curious about is if the devs have anything in the works or planned, thus the desire for a roadmap.

If they want ideas, I have them.  For example, at this point, developing anonymity from scratch isn't a good idea.  However, one idea would be to look to the darkcoin masternode system.  It is just about ready and the code could be added to Fractalcoin.  Utilize masternodes with Fractalcoin to help secure the network, take Fractalcoin out of circulation, and add some sort of feature that taps into the masternode system that is innovative. 

Hmm, good to know, hope dev will take this into consideration if any possible, looks like they more concern about the percentage fee right now to improve it further.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: