Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:51:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [FRAC] Fractalcoin | **Added to Cryptsy** | X11 | Slingshield | % fees  (Read 129685 times)
CDarvin81

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:03:42 PM

Hi,

i've ban the bots from faucet.fractalcoin.org.
And the issue with the fee sees solved.
1 week then i will begin work at an mobile wallet, and possible buy option per appstore.
Must see what i can do.
Cheers

btw if you visit tha page click the add i use the btc to fill the faucet again. Smiley
demgains

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:09:22 PM

Hello, I wanted to give a general development update. I've been extremely busy with some other matters so I haven't had nearly as much time to work on Fractalcoin. However, this does not mean we've abandoned it or anything like that.

Earlz,

First, thank you for your continued commitment to Fractalcoin.  It means a lot to me as an investor.  Thoughts:

1.  Our current issue with network security is a function of price.  If the price of FRAC was high then network hash rate would be higher as more miners competed for the single FRAC per block as well as the fees.  As the price of FRAC is low, they go elsewhere and we are stuck in a downward spiral.

2.  Slingshield, percentage based fees, and you setting us up to take advantage of future bitcoin innovations is brilliant.  You've done an excellent job with this coin and are to be commended.  As we all know, the current price is not a valid representation of the innovation of this coin.  However, you can't argue with the market.  It is what it is.  We can sit around waiting for a large coin to get hit with a 51% attack at which point I think FRAC would get on people's radar or we can adapt.  It appears to me that you're choosing to adapt which I think is smart.

3.  While I like your idea of porting POS to FRAC to strengthen network security, I think it will result in a more secure coin that remains lacking in value.  I see it securing the network but don't see it exciting people to where they will invest in FRAC.  It's just not what the market wants right now.  Unfortunately, history is littered with brilliant innovations that the market simply wouldn't support at that point in time and I'd hate to see FRAC be added to that list.

4.  Like it or not, coins need marketing.  Earlz, you're a brilliant coder, but this coin also needs marketing.  For your innovations to not be adopted because this coin doesn't play to the masses would be sad in my opinion.  And like it or not, anonymity is king right now.  I know you don't see great value in anonymity, but THE MARKET does.  If you were to adopt work towards anonymity, your brilliant innovations can also be adopted which is what really matters.  Allow for anonymity as your means to get your true innovations adopted.

How?

A.  Think of this title: "[ANN] [FRAC] Fractalcoin: The most secure anonymous coin - 71% security with Slingshield" --- Suddenly, we're a more secure Darkcoin.  We're anonymous, we have a brilliant developer, and we have Slingshield.  That right there makes me want to buy the hell out of this coin.  Heck, announce something like this and I buy every FRAC I can up to 0.0002 (I'd take it to .0003 but don't want to be too greedy as others need to be able to purchase the coin cheap) as fast as I can and the network becomes stronger.

B.  Which kind of anonymity you use is up to you.  Nodes like Darkcoin, ring signatures like Monero.  Your own innovation.  It doesn't matter.  Announce a move towards anonymity and we surge and secure the network.  Achieve anonymity with Slingshield and this is a $XXX,XXX,XXX coin in my opinion.  And from there, you can continue to innovate as you see fit or let the coin settle as Skunkmonkey mentioned.

C.  Make a move towards anonymity and I'll donate 10,000 FRAC to the developers to split amongst yourselves as you see fit as I know it would be a lot of work and you guys deserve a larger reward if you undertake this.

Network security is a function of price.  Rather than secure a cheap coin, let's improve price so it secures itself and the innovations are put to proper use.

Just my thoughts as a successful altcoin investor.

I think the best mechanism by which to support anonymous transactions at this point is stealth addresses(ie, ShadowSend). These are very well liked by the bitcoin developers (ie, we implement it, and maybe they would pull it upstream into mainstream bitcoin), is very well researched, and it's creator has a number of high profile credentials. We will be watching ShadowCoin and their implementation of stealth addresses very closely. We do not buy into the anonymous mixing hype, but stealth addresses solve a very real problem that other anonymous mixing solutions do not.

AFAIK, Shadow and XC will soon have stealth addresses. I'm not sure about Shadows anonymity and how it compares to others, but so far XC and Cloak have the only decentralized anonymity solutions as well.
Loft

Activity: 127

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:07:21 PM

Why price lower and lower?
Where dev, you are live?
Fractal wake up!
onetwentyfive

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 01:30:47 AM

Hi,

1 week then i will begin work at an mobile wallet, and possible buy option per appstore.
Must see what i can do.
Cheers

btw if you visit tha page click the add i use the btc to fill the faucet again. Smiley

Donated 30 FRAC and tipped you 5  Smiley

Keep FRAC alive!
magrospic

Activity: 301

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 08:16:57 AM

Why price lower and lower?
Where dev, you are live?
Fractal wake up!

Loft - Dev is here! Earlz is dev and currently even considering an overhaul of the coin architecture to potentially implement PoS based on transaction fees rather than PoW. You just need to read the thread Smiley

Earlz - might be an idea to post as the 'FractalCoin' profile every now and then so it's obvious dev is alive and you don't need to repeat it Smiley
magrospic

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 08:19:40 AM

Hi,

Must see what i can do.
Cheers

Donated 30 FRAC and tipped you 5  Smiley

Keep FRAC alive!

Also just donated and tipped Smiley
Loft

Activity: 127

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 08:23:48 AM

Loft - Dev is here! Earlz is dev and currently even considering an overhaul of the coin architecture to potentially implement PoS based on transaction fees rather than PoW. You just need to read the thread Smiley

Earlz - might be an idea to post as the 'FractalCoin' profile every now and then so it's obvious dev is alive and you don't need to repeat it Smiley
magrospic, thx
I read the topic and you're right dev alive, but really started the topic "Fractalcoin" and it is misleading.
shadow_hotdog

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 11:56:35 AM

Good.

Now at least I trolled up the community and the devs.
magrospic

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 02:00:55 PM

Good.

Now at least I trolled up the community and the devs.

A real achievement. Now you can sleep sound tonight  Tongue
GreenGremlim

Activity: 51

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:15:15 AM

my wallet just came with an failed to read block and shut down and now always give same error and won't start up, anyone can help?
shadow_hotdog

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 02:18:24 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2014, 02:38:47 AM by shadow_hotdog

I guess the fundamentals have not changed.

We have somehow dedicated devs but refuse to spend less than $150 US in real world money to support the price by 30% (at the time of writing). Instead of accepting that as a temporary solutions the devs chose to accuse it as pump-n-dump attempt. The video could have been a decent public stun and cost-effective marketing as well, as no one in the crypto world has done that yet. Innovation is an empty word and people are probably already sick of it.

I don't know what kind of jobs they have that can't even afford to pay off $150. All I was asking is "show your commitment".

We investors will not invest to loss money, just as miners won't mine at a loss. Please don't be Mr. Palmer #2.

Talk about useless moral hygiene... If you had one you would not have premine.

As for the marketing, I would not do a strait-forward one when this coin is in a bad shape. We all know it does not take that many R9 280's to perform a 71% attack. Marketing this coin as "secure" is like bragging about how secure your network is to a group of professional hackers when you don't really have one.

The inital page needs work as well. It does not really tell people who the devs are and the contents look as if this coin is a POS coin. If we are going to keep on getting newbies asking whether the devs is alive, then you have problems here. Financial world is not the same as acadamic world; you cannot just tell people to STFB (read the f***ing book). It's like a resume and you need to make it clear.

Maybe my last post was asking too much. $150 should sound like a much more realistic target. Please consider my solutions while there are still trolls willing to troll this thing. When they leave too your coin is real dead.

Thank you
earlz

Activity: 439
Merit: 250

mmmmmm

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 02:56:11 AM

I guess the fundamentals have not changed.

We have somehow dedicated devs but refuse to spend less than $150 US in real world money to support the price by 30% (at the time of writing). Instead of accepting that as a temporary solutions the devs chose to accuse it as pump-n-dump attempt. The video could have been a decent public stun and cost-effective marketing as well, as no one in the crypto world has done that yet. Innovation is an empty word and people are probably already sick of it.

I don't know what kind of jobs they have that can't even afford to pay off $150. All I was asking is "show your commitment".

We investors will not invest to loss money, just as miners won't mine at a loss. Please don't be Mr. Palmer #2.

Talk about useless moral hygiene... If you had one you would not have premine.

As for the marketing, I would not do a strait-forward one when this coin is in a bad shape. We all know it does not take that many R9 280's to perform a 71% attack. Marketing this coin as "secure" is like bragging about how secure your network is to a group of professional hackers when you don't really have one.

The inital page needs work as well. It does not really tell people who the devs are and the contents look as if this coin is a POS coin. If we are going to keep on getting newbies asking whether the devs is alive, then you have problems here. Financial world is not the same as acadamic world; you cannot just tell people to STFB (read the f***ing book). It's like a resume and you need to make it clear.

Maybe my last post was asking too much. $150 should sound like a much more realistic target. Please consider my solutions while there are still trolls willing to troll this thing. When they leave too your coin is real dead.

Thank you
[/itself.

Then don't invest. Simple as that. I'm not going to even attempt to defend us for not having more spare money to invest. We have already invested a significant amount, not to mention ongoing costs. My Azure bill for hosting all the nodes and block explorer is around $120/month by itself. It's not like coin developers have some magical "increase price" button

Check out my full list of Coin Reviews
Currently working on the Qtum Project
My Skype account earlzdotnet has been compromised. Please report to me any usage seen from it, or from the email earlz@earlz.biz.tm
shadow_hotdog

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 04:38:20 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2014, 04:49:05 AM by shadow_hotdog

You are telling your potential investors to fuck off and buy other coins. You could have asked your community to donate in BTC for you to buy.

Yes, because we will. A developer this close-minded will not have any useful innovation.

No sensible merchant will accept this coin when the entire market cap is worth less than their car.

JasonSW

Activity: 186

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 01:13:15 AM

Additional thoughts:

1.  Who cares what the Bitcoin Devs like and don't.  If you're just using Fractalcoin as a test bed for future Bitcoin features, then yes, what they like matters.  But if you're trying to create your own, useful, real world adopted coin, then we need to have innovation.  Waiting for other people to create features then adopting them will not make Fractalcoin valuable.  Taking what they are working on then improving them does.

2.  And anonymous mixing may indeed be hype, I don't know.  But it is what the market wants at present.  The market sees value in it. Fractalcoin must gain traction and adoption.  Anonymous mixing is a way in.  If you have a better idea, I'm all ears but POS is not going to be it in my opinion and you'll waste two months of dev time.  If in the future that feature is no longer utilized, who cares.  But at least Fractalcoin will have gained traction thanks to it.

3.  Back in 2005 I started a company where we decided not to have so much as a logo because we were sick of being bombarded left and right by marketing.  We had a really good set of services and our homepage didn't so much as have our company name on it because we wanted everything to be clean and just about the services we offered.

You've never heard of the company or any of the services we offered.  As altruistic as our motives were, that's just not how the world works unfortunately.  Yes, be transparent and honest but the fact is, you have to appeal to the masses by giving them what they want or are told they needed in order to sneak the true innovations in.

If you don't do anonymity I fear someone will take Fractalcoin and add anonymity to it as a more secure anonymous currency would be amazing.  I'd prefer you head that up Earlz.  But if you don't, whoever does, please contact me via PM so I can invest.

Hi MyFarm, did earlz or someone else (dev) contact you about your suggestions?

Hi Earlz, I may give you a hand on implementing built-in Tor. Although we can configure and use Tor without touching the wallet, the build-in feature will be much more convenient and that is what people like. I very understand this was already discussed long time ago, but I would emphasize the big difference between implementing the built-in function (work done by us) and a simple guideline (done by others). We don't need to change the code hosted on the git, rather I can compile a wallet with built-in Tor. I hope you can announce that officially if you agree with that.

Just additional comments about FRAC, cryptoworld moves very fast; now is not like 2009, when BTC was born, and it can wait for people picking up. Slingshield is good, technically, but is that really what people like? (yes I am talking to satisfy people, because that's what we rely on and we need to construct stronger community; so pls don't ignore/argue people requests/comments too much) And because of this "deficiency", people would hate BTC/exit BTC? We can think differently, let's say we assume people like Slingshield, but what is the next which should be done to even improve the Slingshield. Simply clone PoS is not the way, that might delight some people. But, why not anonymity (Tor first then anonymous nodes etc), people will get excited.

p.s., PoS means richer getting rich, what are the solutions to cope with this?
MyFarm

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 01:14:37 AM

Additional thoughts:

1.  Who cares what the Bitcoin Devs like and don't.  If you're just using Fractalcoin as a test bed for future Bitcoin features, then yes, what they like matters.  But if you're trying to create your own, useful, real world adopted coin, then we need to have innovation.  Waiting for other people to create features then adopting them will not make Fractalcoin valuable.  Taking what they are working on then improving them does.

2.  And anonymous mixing may indeed be hype, I don't know.  But it is what the market wants at present.  The market sees value in it. Fractalcoin must gain traction and adoption.  Anonymous mixing is a way in.  If you have a better idea, I'm all ears but POS is not going to be it in my opinion and you'll waste two months of dev time.  If in the future that feature is no longer utilized, who cares.  But at least Fractalcoin will have gained traction thanks to it.

3.  Back in 2005 I started a company where we decided not to have so much as a logo because we were sick of being bombarded left and right by marketing.  We had a really good set of services and our homepage didn't so much as have our company name on it because we wanted everything to be clean and just about the services we offered.

You've never heard of the company or any of the services we offered.  As altruistic as our motives were, that's just not how the world works unfortunately.  Yes, be transparent and honest but the fact is, you have to appeal to the masses by giving them what they want or are told they needed in order to sneak the true innovations in.

If you don't do anonymity I fear someone will take Fractalcoin and add anonymity to it as a more secure anonymous currency would be amazing.  I'd prefer you head that up Earlz.  But if you don't, whoever does, please contact me via PM so I can invest.

No.
JasonSW

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 01:17:58 AM

Additional thoughts:

No.

Sent you a PM.
riosober

Activity: 38
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 02:04:32 AM

Everyone needs to know, only transactions can make the prices rise, it's keep low and low ,because everybody are all holding FRAC,no transaction happend.
zhinkk

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 02:14:07 AM

I've tried to read the whitepaper but I still don't understand how Slingshield simply increases the hashrate required for a double spend from 51% to 71%...
JasonSW

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 02:38:53 PM

I've tried to read the whitepaper but I still don't understand how Slingshield simply increases the hashrate required for a double spend from 51% to 71%...

here is the IRC channel #fractalcoin you may want go there and talk to dev, they hang there all the time.
magrospic

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 03:20:18 PM

here is the IRC channel #fractalcoin you may want go there and talk to dev, they hang there all the time.

Yeah I'm in there now chatting away to the team. They're always around for a Q and A. Hop in
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: