Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:03:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 [201] 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [START] StartCOIN 2.0 - The digital currency for crowdfunding  (Read 538826 times)
www.www

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 01:13:44 AM

start pump incoming
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL fuck
Stayers race  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nextplease

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 01:32:37 AM

How many Banktothefuture failures have there been? I think only the mining schemes have failed (as well as startchat which was heavily dependent on Startcoin and Startjoin, hence fail)... the others are all proper Venture capital so its too early to tell if they have failed. Wirex is already cashing out early at 100% profit (because new round of investment does not like to have other shareholders it seems,so bought out). I would say BTTF is successful but I guess they must be deeply regretful of the Cloud Mining schemes they have dabbled with (the ones associated with Max, although MU2 VC might be promising despite Max).

I have great hopes for Shapeshift, Uphold, Bitpesa, Factom etc. some of these companies are going to be HUGE, HUMONGOUS, MASSIVE, some will fail but that is VC investment, others are going to do more than 10X.

I trust Simon Dixon, I don't trust Max, I don't trust Karl. The only one who officially still has an interest in Startcoin is Karl unfortunatley, can't trust him to look after the cookie jar, can't trust him to look after my financial future. If Simon was in charge it would be a different story.

Don't forget that Startjoin has a big share in the investments in BTTF, if the investments start cashing out, there might be a lot of money floating about, to promote and develop all things SC (or maybe enrich certain individuals).....So it aint OVER, but its very frustrating because things move fucking fast in Crypto and SC is so fucking slow it fucking hurts to fucking think about it, fuck. I need some Valium.

Stop Hiding Max, come back to London, are you afraid? Lets go to the Silver bullet and have a drink, you can tell me all. How Karl made you do it.....
www.www

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 02:16:36 AM

Note that SJ solves a nontrivial problem. Replacement of the bank credit line is possible only for the technology of smart contracts. Just blockchain does not fit here. In addition, this is the real sector on which this platform claims.
It is a very difficult task and has no precedents at present. DAO attempts are in the making. Such things do not dare quickly.
As for SC. On the basis of which this coin is now available, it can not be an intra-platform token. Positioning the SC as a token leads me to the idea that we should see a new wallet sooner or later. Here you need a competent technical team with a good organizer. I see the role of Karl as an organizer positively.
Everything is far from over. It's only begining  Grin
Elpadrinho

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 06:12:45 PM

I'm willing to offer 5 BTC to whoever breaks Karl's face or Max's for that matter.Just a 10 sec video will do. Smiley
BitGoser

Activity: 23

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2017, 07:19:17 PM

What happening with Startcoin and Startjoin.
Is there any development or have it stop.
I busy with a project and I must decide if I can use Startcoin as one of the coins.
StopWhining7

Activity: 47
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 07:29:37 PM

What happening with Startcoin and Startjoin.
Is there any development or have it stop.
I busy with a project and I must decide if I can use Startcoin as one of the coins.

Yes, going online any day now.
versprichnix

Activity: 876
Merit: 291

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 09:59:34 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2017, 10:15:13 PM by versprichnix

I'm willing to offer 5 BTC to whoever breaks Karl's face or Max's for that matter.Just a 10 sec video will do. Smiley

For referenz against people, that tend to invest too much into unknown persons, and believe they can blame others for their own responsibility. For most of the people here Cryptos are nothing more than the next goldrush, and these people tends to violent temper.

(you also can invest into woods, with a promised profit of around 10% yearly. This can take two directions: 1) you loose your invest directly to scammers 2) you destroy the nature)
razerdriver9

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 12:49:52 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2017, 01:06:49 PM by razerdriver9

Here's my personal retrospective (and rant) on StartCOIN/JOIN. I won't be bashing it but I won't pull any punches either.

Let me start by saying that I think StartCOIN has been an interesting ride.

I've seen some real potential. There was the event with Kim Dotcom where he announced the plan to fund his next project through StartJOIN..we saw Max throwing out some pretty big words about what he believed the value potential could be..even Russel Brand seemed to be involved at some point. And of course we had Karl, who was seen as a ambitious, knowledgeable and successful guy at the crypto game. The various connections to BnkToTheFuture and Dixon also helped to reinforce a serious image (I personally think he seems like a trustworthy guy).

However now when I look back at everything it feel there's one thing all of these "selling points" have in common, and it's hype. Not so much actual technology and innovation. While the concept itself surrounding the StartJOIN platform is far from the worst I've stumbled across in the crypto community, it's not really that groundbreaking on a technical level (not that it necessarily has to be in order to be successful). At its core it's basically a website connected to a blockchain. The coin and chain itself seem to have received more or less zero effort while the website and promotion surrounding it has gotten full attention. I thought okay, fine, as long as the site is going to keep evolving.

However the web development side has been lackluster beyond belief. The single single most critical aspect of the whole project and they have not been able to deliver it in a satisfactory manner. Karl mentioned in a video x months ago that the team were working hard on the development. He went through a list of things they would do that week, one of them being to implement a fix for some kind of annoying bug on the login page. I can't remember the exact details but it sounded like a 2-3 hours fix (I'm a web dev myself). I remember thinking that if I was responsible for all development for the project I'd have likely fixed his whole to-do list in one day. That lead me to believe that his staff of programmers couldn't possibly consist of more than one person and that this person could not be hired to work full time on the website but perhaps more like 8 hours per week. This is INSANE considering Karl could easily afford to pay for more hours per week. I could be completely wrong on this of course; perhaps he spends massive amounts of money on this. My gut feeling as a developer says otherwise however. If this is the case then I can understand why we had to wait so incredibly long for v2 to arrive while the site came to a complete halt after the breach.

So now they've announced that Max is officially leaving the project and that they will stop all development on StartCOIN, instead handing it over to the community. This will enable them to focus all efforts on the website. While this seems to be a smart move since the site obviously has way too few resources allocated to it..it also raised an important question: how much extra time and resources will this move actually grant them? Again, it's not like we've seen the coin itself develop much at all during its entire lifespan.

Do I think Karl is sitting there plotting how to trick people into buying into the hype? No, I believe he still genuinely tries to make the best of what he got and to deliver a complete product. His mistake however and the general theme I've seen throughout this whole thing is that they exaggerate the size of the team and scope of what they can actually deliver. Just being honest about it and gaining support that way, perhaps through volunteer programmers and other people interested in helping out would have made the experience much more pleasant for everybody involved. Seeing new code being committed and watching the site develop every week. Less suits, big words and promises.

All in all, I think you sometimes need to lower your guard a little in order to allow yourself to invest in risky ventures. To allow yourself the risk of ending up with the short end of the stick, if you will. At the same time it's important to always learn something from when things don't go your way. When it comes to StartCOIN I feel it has been an important lesson for me (and probably many others) to dig deeper into what I'm actually investing in and try to resist jumping aboard mostly because of hype. I wish the team the best however and for everyone who has invested in the project. Hopefully Karl will be able to steer this half-sunken ship into greater things. But I think they need to reconsider the approach and be more transparent. Do more, show more, talk less.
nextplease

Activity: 39

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 03:22:19 PM

well said razerdriver.
johnp

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 05:15:25 PM

Here's my personal retrospective (and rant) on StartCOIN/JOIN. I won't be bashing it but I won't pull any punches either.

Let me start by saying that I think StartCOIN has been an interesting ride.

I've seen some real potential. There was the event with Kim Dotcom where he announced the plan to fund his next project through StartJOIN..we saw Max throwing out some pretty big words about what he believed the value potential could be..even Russel Brand seemed to be involved at some point. And of course we had Karl, who was seen as a ambitious, knowledgeable and successful guy at the crypto game. The various connections to BnkToTheFuture and Dixon also helped to reinforce a serious image (I personally think he seems like a trustworthy guy).

However now when I look back at everything it feel there's one thing all of these "selling points" have in common, and it's hype. Not so much actual technology and innovation. While the concept itself surrounding the StartJOIN platform is far from the worst I've stumbled across in the crypto community, it's not really that groundbreaking on a technical level (not that it necessarily has to be in order to be successful). At its core it's basically a website connected to a blockchain. The coin and chain itself seem to have received more or less zero effort while the website and promotion surrounding it has gotten full attention. I thought okay, fine, as long as the site is going to keep evolving.

However the web development side has been lackluster beyond belief. The single single most critical aspect of the whole project and they have not been able to deliver it in a satisfactory manner. Karl mentioned in a video x months ago that the team were working hard on the development. He went through a list of things they would do that week, one of them being to implement a fix for some kind of annoying bug on the login page. I can't remember the exact details but it sounded like a 2-3 hours fix (I'm a web dev myself). I remember thinking that if I was responsible for all development for the project I'd have likely fixed his whole to-do list in one day. That lead me to believe that his staff of programmers couldn't possibly consist of more than one person and that this person could not be hired to work full time on the website but perhaps more like 8 hours per week. This is INSANE considering Karl could easily afford to pay for more hours per week. I could be completely wrong on this of course; perhaps he spends massive amounts of money on this. My gut feeling as a developer says otherwise however. If this is the case then I can understand why we had to wait so incredibly long for v2 to arrive while the site came to a complete halt after the breach.

So now they've announced that Max is officially leaving the project and that they will stop all development on StartCOIN, instead handing it over to the community. This will enable them to focus all efforts on the website. While this seems to be a smart move since the site obviously has way too few resources allocated to it..it also raised an important question: how much extra time and resources will this move actually grant them? Again, it's not like we've seen the coin itself develop much at all during its entire lifespan.

Do I think Karl is sitting there plotting how to trick people into buying into the hype? No, I believe he still genuinely tries to make the best of what he got and to deliver a complete product. His mistake however and the general theme I've seen throughout this whole thing is that they exaggerate the size of the team and scope of what they can actually deliver. Just being honest about it and gaining support that way, perhaps through volunteer programmers and other people interested in helping out would have made the experience much more pleasant for everybody involved. Seeing new code being committed and watching the site develop every week. Less suits, big words and promises.

All in all, I think you sometimes need to lower your guard a little in order to allow yourself to invest in risky ventures. To allow yourself the risk of ending up with the short end of the stick, if you will. At the same time it's important to always learn something from when things don't go your way. When it comes to StartCOIN I feel it has been an important lesson for me (and probably many others) to dig deeper into what I'm actually investing in and try to resist jumping aboard mostly because of hype. I wish the team the best however and for everyone who has invested in the project. Hopefully Karl will be able to steer this half-sunken ship into greater things. But I think they need to reconsider the approach and be more transparent. Do more, show more, talk less.

Excellent overview however sadly it will fall of Deaf ears :-(

*Image Removed*
Rumhurius
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1046

Here we go again

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 08:01:20 PM

Discussing this shit, is like discussing the features of your new Camcorder when you bought it on a corner.

When you open it...

Bloody tricks and broken Promises over a stupid Pnd.
Nothing but a fancy Scam from Day One

scambust
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 08:04:45 PM

StartCOIN = $1 in 2016. — Max Keiser (@maxkeiser) April 2, 2016. Our next equity offer on BTTF will be all about getting @start_coin to $1 @BankToTheFuture  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Yefet

Activity: 643
Merit: 501

Crypto Mentat

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 07:12:44 PM

What is the current distribution of the StartCoin? Does StartJoin still hold majority of the pre-mined coins?
genuin

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 08:44:02 PM

startcoin website is down Huh why??
johnp

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 09:35:30 PM

startcoin website is down Huh why??

No its not they have switched to https://v2.startjoin.com for what it is worth

*Image Removed*
bitrain

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 10:21:19 PM

Should I care about my startcoins held on exchange like bittrex or cryptopia?

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇
ICO starts 1st Nov.
◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

████████████████████████ PLAYKEY: DECENTRALIZED CLOUD GAMING PLATFORM ████████████████████████
█████████████ Getting lost in the sea of cryptocurrencies? Choose Playkey token! █████████████
Website | BitcoinTalk | Slack | Twitter | LinkedIn | Medium | Facebook | Reddit | Telegram

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇
ICO starts 1st Nov.
◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇
TheBlaze

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 06:55:38 AM

Flip the Table?

So what possibilities exist regarding handing over Startcoin (SC) to the community? I have an idea that is simple and easy to administer.  Instead of focusing on using a volatile crypto (SC) to fund projects we could encourage projects to offer rewards in SC to community members that backed their project.  In order for this to work we would need to create a community culture that is biased towards financially supporting projects that offer a decent SC reward. Imagine projects having a far greater chance of getting funded if they offer a 10% SC reward (something like 10 cents worth of SC for every dollar a backer contributes). The project lister would be trusted to send out SC to backer's addresses (posted in project comments section by backers) at the close of a successful funding and if they did not it would obviously hurt their reputation. Obviously if the project lister needs to raise $100 they should ask for $110 to cover reward plus project funds. Although it may be encouraged by the community to favor projects that can show they have the coin beforehand. 

The more strongly we assert this community culture and be supportive and consistent in funding projects that offer SC rewards the more evident the utility of SC will be!  In addition to creating SC utility we increase transaction volume and get newbies to download a wallet and obtain a few SC.  Assuming the platform is a success, future “would be” entrepreneurs might see it wise to hold a little SC so they can be ready to list a project in the future.  As the price of SC rises to more respectable levels (could we see $0.05 again?) those of us with lots of coin will find it easy to fund projects by donating directly or by converting a small amount of SC to donate but until then we would need bitcoin or paypal or some other means of backing projects (so it would not make sense to integrate currently worthless SC absent other payment methods).  Lastly, I think the simplest and most beneficial thing to do with the premine would be to BURN IT.  For these ideas to be effective, however, would require the community to undertake a serious attitude adjustment. Or maybe I am violating some law of economics I am unaware of and it would not work....What do you think?
Yefet

Crypto Mentat

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 10:50:31 AM

@TheBlaze
"handling over to the community"
that was exactly my idea when I asked about pre-mine
as far as I know StartJoin holds most of those pre-mined coins and it was 50% of total coin supply at the launch!
Besides StartJoin controls the crowdfunding platform and thus it has almost total control over the Startcoin.

So everything is dependent on the StartJoin will, we just can make an offer on making START a community coin, but to move in this direction firstly we should have such kind of community.

www.www

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 12:43:08 PM

Community is Max Karl and Simon.
SC will shine with a golden gleam when SJ will work  Grin
Yefet

Crypto Mentat

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 02:22:31 PM

Community is Max Karl and Simon.
SC will shine with a golden gleam when SJ will work  Grin

actually it somehow works - StartJOIN v.2  Huh

but no use for the coin  Angry

Pages: « 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 [201] 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 »
  Print  

Jump to: