Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:03:06 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Big scam in NXT hundreds of BTC stolen with a one post  (Read 16742 times)
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 09:24:30 AM

Anybody who sent BTC to the scammer deserved what he got.

You simply do not blindly trust a nickname on the forum with real money without some sort of protection (escrow or the likes).

Furthermore, nobody should trust somebody involved in crypto that doesn't use PGP to sign important messages and/or announcements. That's something so basic that if someone is not signing their important messages and their public PGP key is not available then they shouldn't be trusted, either because they are so incompetent they don't even understand why cryptography is important, either because they are preparing the ground for a scam like the one discussed in the OP.

funnynews (OP)

Activity: 278
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 10:41:29 PM

Someone dropped a fork?
https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/is-the-chain-healthy/msg49836/#msg49836

Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 11:52:28 PM

Cheesy you're two days late trying to whip up FUD with this. This was a bug and has already been fixed in version 1.1.5.

Nxt Multigateway testing (crypto to crypto trading without an exchange, mtgox never again) is going well, the new GUI will make it easier for average joe to test (ask me how) but in the meantime Nxt is being added to hitbtc 'very soon' so it will have more fiat gateways into EUR and USD  Grin interesting times
ddnn46

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 07:23:55 AM

I've got nothing to hide here.  I've done nothing wrong.

Has anyone noticed that 200 BTC just went missing and everyone is talking about me?

-bm

f**k you,bitch,you are shameless liar.
Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 10:18:57 AM

How much did he actually raise? Was it a full 400 BTC?

Even after you see scams happening everyday, they still fall for the same trick.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Daedelus

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:05:37 AM

How much did he actually raise? Was it a full 400 BTC?

Even after you see scams happening everyday, they still fall for the same trick.

Roughly 79 BTC, 49 of it targetted from one member. Btc began moving 2min after the post asking for btc at regular intervals and even after it was realised something was wrong, totalling around 200Btc. They were asking for 400btc. No one has claimed these transfers so are thought to be "trust paymets" from the scammer to make it look legitimate. The Nxt technology wasn't involved, nor did any NXT change hands. It was done through a forum post asking for BTC, the old fashioned way..

People are p!ssed with blumeanie as he was given 1million Nxt to develop a feature for Nxt, cashed it in for tens of thousands of dollars, didn't write a single line of code and then blows up calling Nxters the criminals. And believes he has done nothing wrong.

He conflates this with an idea that he didn't issue and wasn't for the asset he promotes and gives full backing to in a post using his PGP signature. This is the one he was paid to develop. As he didn't issue that asset, he believes it is ok to keep the 1 million Nxt he got paid to develop it. And no, I don't see the logic either Roll Eyes
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 12:29:25 PM

LOL Come-from-Above! You made a killing here!  Cool

Are you sure this is the same guy as Bluemeanie, Joshua Zeidner? If you're wrong, and this guy & his family come to harm then I think this is very bad. I think bluemeanie is a scum bag, but come-from-above isn't the most sane person on this forum (NEM zealot on a manic high posting 24/7 lately, many posts off the planet).

I'm concerned about this. If there's a 1% chance this isn't the guy, then it's still too high to risk publishing his details and inciting vigilante action.

What if someone starts making death threats to this location, and an innocent guy and his family get victimised. I'm a parent, and maybe this guy has kids. This doesn't feel good to me. Have you ever been on the receiving end of a threatening call .... what about your kids?

If this was bluemeanie it still would make me uncomfortable, but if it's not then this act (publishing real world location) could severely back fire.

Before anyone hi-5's Come-from-above check his posting record. Do you really want to encourage this, maybe an innocent guy and his family getting hurt. Even a guilty guy.

Some very respected people seem to be condoning this. Strange

agreed.. he showed up a week ago and has hammered this place to pad his post count.. i bet he's 15 lol
and your right a lot of his comments are insane whacko crap..

i'd trust this guy as much as 90% of guys on here (not at all)

FUD first & ask questions later™
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:15:06 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2014, 03:25:43 PM by Come-from-Above

LOL Come-from-Above! You made a killing here!  Cool

Are you sure this is the same guy as Bluemeanie, Joshua Zeidner? If you're wrong, and this guy & his family come to harm then I think this is very bad. I think bluemeanie is a scum bag, but come-from-above isn't the most sane person on this forum (NEM zealot on a manic high posting 24/7 lately, many posts off the planet).

I'm concerned about this. If there's a 1% chance this isn't the guy, then it's still too high to risk publishing his details and inciting vigilante action.

What if someone starts making death threats to this location, and an innocent guy and his family get victimised. I'm a parent, and maybe this guy has kids. This doesn't feel good to me. Have you ever been on the receiving end of a threatening call .... what about your kids?

If this was bluemeanie it still would make me uncomfortable, but if it's not then this act (publishing real world location) could severely back fire.

Before anyone hi-5's Come-from-above check his posting record. Do you really want to encourage this, maybe an innocent guy and his family getting hurt. Even a guilty guy.

Some very respected people seem to be condoning this. Strange

agreed.. he showed up a week ago and has hammered this place to pad his post count.. i bet he's 15 lol
and your right a lot of his comments are insane whacko crap..

i'd trust this guy as much as 90% of guys on here (not at all)

ROFL Spoetnik, u r one of the most hated idiots on Bitcoinalk and u talk about trust?  good one!

FYI ur quoted post was answered already long ago,  we dont need ur random newb opinion here.  do u desperatly need attention little sucker? Wink

~CfA~

kennyP,  bluemeanie1 confirmed its him. there is only one Joshua Zeidner in Phoenix, Arizona who happens to be a Java Developer and involved in Bitcoin. Not two, three or more, just one.

Ur worries are legitimate, understood and recognized, albeit not necessary as u can confirm all the details on ur own by researching for 10 minutes.

~CfA~

http://pastebin.com/REK406cm

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 06:09:55 PM

What can I say ?
BM/Joshua seemed sane at the time, and a competent Java dev. He was working on a potential goldmine of a project.....
1 megaNXT still seems like too much to me, tbh, but it wasn't my decision.

But then the silly bastard has a sudden attack of lunacy, decides that the sky is falling, and then runs off with a big pile of cash that he recieved in payment for work he hasn't done, leaving a project and its investors in trouble.

Stylish, BM, very smooth and professional.

And you wonder why the likes of us were referred to as "lab rats" in days of old by management... Sad

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Jacaranda

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 08:36:40 PM

note that my bad karma on there continues to be marked even though I haven't participated in some time.

-bm

no worries

(the karma gods are watching!!!).

Magic8Ball
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 12:06:15 AM

Justabit is here again? For all those who do not know, he was involved in the UNOCS scam, along with the Phenixcoin devs and made off with huge profits while lying about vapourware.

You guys should know better than put him up as your community face.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 12:30:29 AM

all i know is i am thoroughly sick and tired of seeing this placed hammered with various scam coin crap
from the usual guys with the same over-complicated little scams such NXT and NEM etc etc etc
half of all topics 24/7 on page one are this dumb bullshit. (posted and bumped by the same 4 or 5 guys)

wasting your time advertising your crap guys, most of us will laugh at you and ignore your scam coin for eternity.
quit trying to find ways to scam for cash and sucker in noobs and confuse them to hell and back with overcomplicated little schemes.

BTCINVESTOR

Activity: 176
Merit: 101

Cryptographic money will be the bedrock in time.

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 03:24:26 AM

For what it's worth, John handled an escrow of a significant amount of bitcoin for me. He was very honest and handled it perfectly. He was not someone I knew well prior to doing it either.

Math based currencies will supplant all sovereign currencies over time. Buy them now.
ThomasCrowne

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

★☆★ 777Coin - The Exciting Bitco

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 04:06:48 AM

This doesn't make me all that solid about pumping any money into this project for right now.  Think I'll just cool my jets and sit back for awhile to see how this plays out.

Daedelus

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:27:13 AM

all i know is i am thoroughly sick and tired of seeing this placed hammered with various scam coin crap
from the usual guys with the same over-complicated little scams such NXT and NEM etc etc etc
half of all topics 24/7 on page one are this dumb bullshit. (posted and bumped by the same 4 or 5 guys)

wasting your time advertising your crap guys, most of us will laugh at you and ignore your scam coin for eternity.
quit trying to find ways to scam for cash and sucker in noobs and confuse them to hell and back with overcomplicated little schemes.

If you don't understand it that doesn't make it overly complicated.

In what way is it a scam?
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:34:30 AM

it's called deliberately making something complicated to trick the less smart as a means of scamming.

a classic method .

cloners make a new coin for any reason they can think of.. coin cloners sit around thinking of new excuses to make coins ..infinitely.
not for a constructive purpose but to simply make money. IE: 90% of all coins here .

get it ?

i think you do.. all along..
but as usual you scam supporters play little games and try fanboy and defend scammy crap

..for money.

Daedelus

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:52:57 AM

it's called deliberately making something complicated to trick the less smart as a means of scamming.

a classic method .

cloners make a new coin for any reason they can think of.. coin cloners sit around thinking of new excuses to make coins ..infinitely.
not for a constructive purpose but to simply make money. IE: 90% of all coins here .

get it ?

i think you do.. all along..
but as usual you scam supporters play little games and try fanboy and defend scammy crap

..for money.

Nxt isn't a clone and is doing things that haven't been done before. I wouldn't expect people to see the significance overnight.

The ideas in Nxt are simple. A decentralised exchange (AE), a way to build coins on top of Nxt secured by Nxt (Monetary System), digital ebay (Digital Goods Store), trustless transactions including escrow (Automated Transactions), peer to peer crypto to crypto trading (multigateway) and more. If Nxt's development was slower then it would be easier to explain each one as it came through but Nxt attracted a lot of devs so a lot is going on at the same time.

If you don't understand you just have to ask.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 08:43:08 AM

i am sooooooooooooooooooooooooo sure that is his first coin  Roll Eyes

games.. bullshit.. scammin' ....welcome to the interweb
and when it comes to Crypto land of FREE money sorry go away with your bs i'm not buyin'

i say clone when a shadowy scum bag sits around thinking of ways to get away with posting new coins with out getting flamed
and any kind of complicated scheme is always a sure fire method of them getting away with it around here time after time..
obviously i am not the gullible idiot here.. as usual a lot of comments are designed to defend dumb ass bs crap
for the crowd of idiots they know are watching.. they are putting on a show for the lemmings

Daedelus

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 08:52:36 AM

i am sooooooooooooooooooooooooo sure that is his first coin  Roll Eyes

games.. bullshit.. scammin' ....welcome to the interweb
and when it comes to Crypto land of FREE money sorry go away with your bs i'm not buyin'

i say clone when a shadowy scum bag sits around thinking of ways to get away with posting new coins with out getting flamed
and any kind of complicated scheme is always a sure fire method of them getting away with it around here time after time..
obviously i am not the gullible idiot here.. as usual a lot of comments are designed to defend dumb ass bs crap
for the crowd of idiots they know are watching.. they are putting on a show for the lemmings

So you are arguing Nxt isn't breaking new ground?

Is there another successful exchange as fast as Asset Exchange I don't know about? Or decentralised crypto to crypto trading that isn't Nxt Multigateway?
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 08:55:05 AM

Why are you even replying to Spoetnik? He's full of sh*t. I mean it, it's not like a lit bit like every one of us, it's a huge pile of sh*t Grin Just put him on ignore and don't quote.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: