Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:55:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 [355] 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 ... 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804604 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
durnkenWiz

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:07:43 AM

CryptiKit Update

Small update again today to fix some installation issues some people have been having.

Please download here: https://github.com/karmacoma/cryptikit/releases/tag/v1.3.1

Changelog

Installation bug fixes:

• Fixed installation issue when installing rvm as root
  • Fixed issue with updating of git tree to latest release tag
  • Locked ruby installation to version: 2.1.2 (for now)

Full changelog now available here: https://github.com/karmacoma/cryptikit/blob/master/Changelog.md

ATTN: durnkenWiz (#CryptiTalk IRC)
durnkenWiz asked me in #CryptiTalk IRC today about installing CryptiKit on a cloud server rather than your local machine and then installing each crypti node from there. I can confirm this works on Digital Ocean but not on GetClouder as they seem to refuse ssh connections from one server to another server within the same GetClouder network. One workaround is to create a small droplet on Digital Ocean, install CryptiKit on it. Add your GetClouder servers to CryptiKit. Then install and monitor your nodes from there. If anyone has a better idea, please let me know.

Anyone else having issues installing CryptiKit, please let me know. I am looking to make the installation process as painless as possible.

Cheers, Smiley Karmacoma24.

Update:
installed cryptikit on a vps from cinfu.com (paid with btc), then ran cryptikit from there and it worked. However I had some issues with the hosts that already had nodejs installed ( apt-get exit status: 100 when installing nodejs). So I modified the rakefile adding
      execute 'apt-get', '-f', '--yes', 'install'
      execute 'apt-get', '-y', 'remove', 'nodejs'
before
      info 'Installing apt dependencies...'
      execute 'apt-get', 'install', '-f', '--yes', kit.apt_dependencies
I guess I could have made a different rakefile for those hosts, but I'm kinda clueless to Linux and this works so far, although it might take a few hours to install on all nodes Cheesy

Thanks  karmacoma24!
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hobogo

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:54:54 AM

The wallet has worked in windows from day 1. You can load the web wallet from any computer, phone, tablet, or device that has a browser in the world.
The web wallet is just an interface to pull and load your balance and submit transactions back to the network. Theres no difference between the web wallet at wallet.crypti.me and one you load from your computer.
What we are building and what you are asking us to rush and finish is actually the software that allows you to run a server node on your windows desktop. This is not "just a wallet" and is actually much more complex than apparently you understand. There is nothing in existence for us to mimic, duplicate, copy code from, or use as a basis. It's completely different than anything on the market.

Why not give people a simple downloadable "just a wallet" in the meantime, until you solve the forging issue?
You guys sure do raise the bar with your self expectations which is something to adore. but if packing the interface into a downloadable independent version is an easy task, maybe you should provide it first? This could calm down some keyed up users who don't have such high expectations (can't blame them), and be helpful.
I myself would love a tool to create and restore an address offline (for a specific passphrases)

karmacoma24

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

LiskHQ CTO

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 12:26:41 PM

Update:
installed cryptikit on a vps from cinfu.com (paid with btc), then ran cryptikit from there and it worked. However I had some issues with the hosts that already had nodejs installed ( apt-get exit status: 100 when installing nodejs). So I modified the rakefile adding
      execute 'apt-get', '-f', '--yes', 'install'
      execute 'apt-get', '-y', 'remove', 'nodejs'
before
      info 'Installing apt dependencies...'
      execute 'apt-get', 'install', '-f', '--yes', kit.apt_dependencies
I guess I could have made a different rakefile for those hosts, but I'm kinda clueless to Linux and this works so far, although it might take a few hours to install on all nodes Cheesy

Thanks  karmacoma24!

Hi durnkenWiz,

Thanks for pointing this issue out, I really appreciate it.

I've patched the issue on github so it will be included in the next release.

- https://github.com/karmacoma/cryptikit/commit/618c205cd318feab2b7d3336024393cd51cc6906

Kind regards, Karmacoma24.

LISK    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
Litoshi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 12:56:27 PM

The wallet has worked in windows from day 1. You can load the web wallet from any computer, phone, tablet, or device that has a browser in the world.
The web wallet is just an interface to pull and load your balance and submit transactions back to the network. Theres no difference between the web wallet at wallet.crypti.me and one you load from your computer.
What we are building and what you are asking us to rush and finish is actually the software that allows you to run a server node on your windows desktop. This is not "just a wallet" and is actually much more complex than apparently you understand. There is nothing in existence for us to mimic, duplicate, copy code from, or use as a basis. It's completely different than anything on the market.

Why not give people a simple downloadable "just a wallet" in the meantime, until you solve the forging issue?
You guys sure do raise the bar with your self expectations which is something to adore. but if packing the interface into a downloadable independent version is an easy task, maybe you should provide it first? This could calm down some keyed up users who don't have such high expectations (can't blame them), and be helpful.
I myself would love a tool to create and restore an address offline (for a specific passphrases)

You are thinking that the XCR coins are stored in a "wallet" just like other AltCoins.  But that is not how Crypti is done.  The "coins" are stored in the blockchain, which you can access from any computer using a browser and logging on to the online "wallet".  The windows wallet is just a graphical interface for the node.

Definitions:

Wallet- the UI for the node
Node- a connecting point in the crypti network.

You will not be able to store XCR in cold storage, like BTC. 

As for the wallet I have been testing..... I have tested several revisions, a new one every two days or so,  and found issues that needed correcting.  The devs have been hard at work correcting these.  Crypti is blazing a new trail in cybercoins, not just recoding a QT wallet. 

Hang in there,,,, when the bugs are ironed out, you will have a first class product.

hobogo

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 01:47:28 PM

You are thinking that the XCR coins are stored in a "wallet" just like other AltCoins.  But that is not how Crypti is done.  The "coins" are stored in the blockchain, which you can access from any computer using a browser and logging on to the online "wallet".  The windows wallet is just a graphical interface for the node.

Definitions:

Wallet- the UI for the node
Node- a connecting point in the crypti network.

You will not be able to store XCR in cold storage, like BTC. 

As for the wallet I have been testing..... I have tested several revisions, a new one every two days or so,  and found issues that needed correcting.  The devs have been hard at work correcting these.  Crypti is blazing a new trail in cybercoins, not just recoding a QT wallet. 

Hang in there,,,, when the bugs are ironed out, you will have a first class product.

Please read. I've never used the word wallet here. a wallet is a just a place to store/interact with your privet keys. Crypti lets you log in directly with your (single) privet key.
there could be a service for crypti to hash and store multiple passphrases as well.
the common 'Wallet' term was under criticism several times before, but the way the coins (or 'amounts') are stored in similar to what you described also for altcoins.

If I'm able to produce an address with my passphrases offline, then I have a cold wallet. its just an algorithm. I don't need an access to the blockchain or it's info to find the address (public key) that suites my passphrase (private key).
Give me an option in the UI to choose or create my own node. you can also make the node wallet.crypti.me uses as the default node for now.
I have patience, and I do expect a first class product and high expectations from this project. but still suggest to pack and provide the interface as a downloadable independent version for now if this is possible and can be considered as an easy task.
Litoshi

Activity: 700

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 02:59:27 PM

Are you thinking of making an independent and anonymous node?    If you are that is not what Crypti is about.  There is no anonymity with Crypti.  We are going to have VERIFIED MERCHANTS, not dark accounts.  Each user of Crypti will know exactly where their XCR is going. 

There will be two other features introduced later that will further make using XCR as safe for the user as Credit Cards are now.

5000Bitcoins

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 03:32:32 PM

Are you thinking of making an independent and anonymous node?    If you are that is not what Crypti is about.  There is no anonymity with Crypti.  We are going to have VERIFIED MERCHANTS, not dark accounts.  Each user of Crypti will know exactly where their XCR is going.  

There will be two other features introduced later that will further make using XCR as safe for the user as Credit Cards are now.

Could you elaborate?

Also I read in the blog that you will be using 99designs for a new logo etc.
Please set up a BCT contest too, there are some very good designers here. You could chose between the two but I don't see how it will hurt using two platforms.
If all it will involve the community more and maybe you'll find a designer with a heart for crypto.  Wink
Wulfcastle

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 04:06:05 PM

Are you thinking of making an independent and anonymous node?    If you are that is not what Crypti is about.  There is no anonymity with Crypti.  We are going to have VERIFIED MERCHANTS, not dark accounts.  Each user of Crypti will know exactly where their XCR is going. 

In-Wallet Escrow?
Wulfcastle

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 04:08:10 PM

Are you thinking of making an independent and anonymous node?    If you are that is not what Crypti is about.  There is no anonymity with Crypti.  We are going to have VERIFIED MERCHANTS, not dark accounts.  Each user of Crypti will know exactly where their XCR is going.  

Could you elaborate?

Please set up a BCT contest too, there are some very good designers here. You could chose between the two but I don't see how it will hurt using two platforms.
If all it will involve the community more and maybe you'll find a designer with a heart for crypto.  Wink

I highly recommend against it. The good designers on BCT are few and far between, in addition it just looks very unprofessional. If you look at most threads, there re sometimes close to 30 entries, but only one or two look even half decent, the rest are made by "non-designers" looking to cash in on a bounty, most look like they've been designed in MS Paint.
LetMeKnow

Activity: 90

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 04:24:29 PM

Could you elaborate?

I highly recommend against it. The good designers on BCT are few and far between, in addition it just looks very unprofessional. If you look at most threads, there re sometimes close to 30 entries, but only one or two look even half decent, the rest are made by "non-designers" looking to cash in on a bounty, most look like they've been designed in MS Paint.

Agree...
hobogo

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 05:09:12 PM

Could you elaborate?

Agree...

Agree, If we do want to catch those few decent design and a designer with a heart for crypto just invite the community to the 99 contest to have a fair fight.
thou one can choose not to choose a winning design on 99, people are investing their time and efforts, so should treat them with maximum respect and not split the contest between multiple platforms simultaneously.
altcoin4u

Activity: 159

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 05:29:30 PM

PayPal has announced partnerships with the three largest payment processors in the bitcoin space – BitPay, Coinbase and GoCoin.
5000Bitcoins

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 06:54:24 PM

Could you elaborate?

Agree...

Agree, If we do want to catch those few decent design and a designer with a heart for crypto just invite the community to the 99 contest to have a fair fight.
thou one can choose not to choose a winning design on 99, people are investing their time and efforts, so should treat them with maximum respect and not split the contest between multiple platforms simultaneously.

I fail to see how it hurts to include the community in this? We are on a cryptoforum and this is a cryptocurrency.
"Oh no let's not get more exposure! It's so bad!" If you haven't noticed there is like 10 people trading this.
Wulfcastle

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 07:09:48 PM

Could you elaborate?

Agree...

I fail to see how it hurts to include the community in this? We are on a cryptoforum and this is a cryptocurrency.
"Oh no let's not get more exposure! It's so bad!" If you haven't noticed there is like 10 people trading this.

So the reason behind hosting a logo design competition is to gain exposure, and in turn boost volume? Honestly...

Secondly notice you say that we are on a "cryptoforum", not a design community. Tell me which community you think will provide better designs, a crypto-currency forum or a design community tailor made for freelance design contests?

P.S. If you didn't notice there was a 54 BTC Volume spike yesterday, on average the daily volume is between 6-15 BTC and the price has been held constant between 1400 & 1700 Satoshis, the past few weeks. I don't see any problem there considering that most of Crypti's features haven't even been implemented yet.
hobogo

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:00:21 PM

No. nothing like that. just use the existing UI and warp it up as a downloadable version. simple as that.
Right now I have to have a connection to get the wallet interface. but I wish to get access to that interface even when I'm not online to see my address.
Other parts of the interface should notify me if I don't have an active connection anyway..
Wulfcastle

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 08:19:04 PM

To boost volume? Are you fucking serious? Maybe to gain widespread adoption and have a more evenly distribution as a result of more people getting involved?
Yup we're on a cryptoforum! And lo and behold many people here have designer/programming/whatever different backgrounds!
And also, you don't know which one will turn out the best now do you? On the one hand you have a professional design community and on the other you might have designers with a interest for crypto.
You could even make a BCT post redirecting good designers to 99design.
But nah, let's assume everyone who wants to help in on the project are "greedy" who only care about price and volume! And let us shut out the same community that will use it because they are dumber than us!

My last post in this you fucking dipshit. People like you are the aids of all cryptocommunities. 15 year old kids who think they know best about everything in the world.
Nah, I'll let you get back to being 10 guys participating in this coins because you are "too good" to get involved with anyone else and watch you shoot down every possible suggestion someone who isn't on the "foundation" makes. Don't bother replying I'm done

What are you on about? Firstly, I'm not part of the Crypti Foundation in any way or form, the fact that you think I am part of the foundation because I disagreed with your idea, and rated it as unprofessional or "shot it down" as you put it, shows your sentiment towards the rest of the actual Foundation.

Secondly you, yourself said that the design contest would be used an an avenue for exposure, then you implied that there is no volume on the markets by saying : "If you haven't noticed there is like 10 people trading this.", the fact that you are looking at this from a market perspective shows that you have no interest in the design process at all. I don't see how a simple design contest leads to :

"gain[ing] widespread adoption and have a more evenly distribution as a result of more people getting involved"

Thirdly have you seen any of the design contests threads? I'm a designer myself, though no longer freelance, and if you look at those type of threads most of the entries are simply atrocious. Any coin which has to resort to posting logo design contests on a crypto-currency forum screams unprofessional-ism, did you ever see coins such as Ethereum, MaidSafe, BitSharesX ever posting logo design contests? To date the only "successful" design contest that I've seen has been the strict NEM Logo Committee threads, and even there, the chosen NEM logo was designed by an internal full-time designer. There is only one real designer of note on BCT, that being BitCrea.

All of your arguments lead back to one place, price and volume. If you actually cared about the design process you would let professionals with backgrounds in design be entrusted with the logo of a major crypto-currency, rather than MS Paint junkies looking to score a quick buck from bounties.

But hey, if you want to resort to swearing and insults to get your point across, if I'm the AIDS of cryptoccurrencies, then you are Ebola.

hobogo

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:24:33 PM

Could you elaborate?

Agree...

So the reason behind hosting a logo design competition is to gain exposure, and in turn boost volume? Honestly...

Secondly notice you say that we are on a "cryptoforum", not a design community. Tell me which community you think will provide better designs, a crypto-currency forum or a design community tailor made for freelance design contests?

P.S. If you didn't notice there was a 54 BTC Volume spike yesterday, on average the daily volume is between 6-15 BTC and the price has been held constant between 1400 & 1700 Satoshis, the past few weeks. I don't see any problem there considering that most of Crypti's features haven't even been implemented yet.

To boost volume? Are you fucking serious? Maybe to gain widespread adoption and have a more evenly distribution as a result of more people getting involved?
Yup we're on a cryptoforum! And lo and behold many people here have designer/programming/whatever different backgrounds!
And also, you don't know which one will turn out the best now do you? On the one hand you have a professional design community and on the other you might have designers with a interest for crypto.
But nah, let's assume everyone who wants to help in on the project are "greedy" who only care about price and volume! And let us shut out the same community that will use it because they are dumber than us!

My last post in this you fucking dipshit. People like you are the aids of all cryptocommunities. 15 year old kids who think they know best about everything in the world.
Nah, I'll let you get back to being 10 guys participating in this coins because you are "too good" to get involved with anyone else and watch you shoot down every possible suggestion someone who isn't on the "foundation" makes. Don't bother replying I'm done

I can agree on notifying the community about the contest, But must warn that suggesting a logo in a contest ≠ getting involved necessarily. Also, I would suggest the board to ask for multiple professional opinions when choosing the logo based on the pre-defined values to convey (put some efforts in the brief), but keep the decision process to yourself.

rejected ideas/opinions might turn nice people into mad trolls sometimes Smiley That's why making the contest on 99 is a good idea, you have clear set of rules so no one gets too disappointed.

Thou feeling important participating in those kind of conversations. I feel the team is very professional with taking the right paths.
LetMeKnow

Activity: 90

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 09:17:15 PM

Yea, no need to argue...

I think its a right way also!
hobogo

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 09:28:53 PM

I would love the hear thou what is the reason to try and change the current logo, and what is the general direction you guys are after.
Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 10:52:59 PM

What are you on about? Firstly, I'm not part of the Crypti Foundation in any way or form, the fact that you think I am part of the foundation because I disagreed with your idea, and rated it as unprofessional or "shot it down" as you put it, shows your sentiment towards the rest of the actual Foundation.

Secondly you, yourself said that the design contest would be used an an avenue for exposure, then you implied that there is no volume on the markets by saying : "If you haven't noticed there is like 10 people trading this.", the fact that you are looking at this from a market perspective shows that you have no interest in the design process at all. I don't see how a simple design contest leads to :

"gain[ing] widespread adoption and have a more evenly distribution as a result of more people getting involved"

Thirdly have you seen any of the design contests threads? I'm a designer myself, though no longer freelance, and if you look at those type of threads most of the entries are simply atrocious. Any coin which has to resort to posting logo design contests on a crypto-currency forum screams unprofessional-ism, did you ever see coins such as Ethereum, MaidSafe, BitSharesX ever posting logo design contests? To date the only "successful" design contest that I've seen has been the strict NEM Logo Committee threads, and even there, the chosen NEM logo was designed by an internal full-time designer. There is only one real designer of note on BCT, that being BitCrea.

All of your arguments lead back to one place, price and volume. If you actually cared about the design process you would let professionals with backgrounds in design be entrusted with the logo of a major crypto-currency, rather than MS Paint junkies looking to score a quick buck from bounties.

But hey, if you want to resort to swearing and insults to get your point across, if I'm the AIDS of cryptoccurrencies, then you are Ebola.

Nope you draw your own conclusion and that speaks to the intelligence of an angry kid. Saying 10 people trading it means the distribution may get flawed. But talking out of your ass seems to be your expertise. Also the things mentioned previously about you in this thread seems to be accurate
So stop replying to me kid. Ofc you're a designer, a businessman entrepreneur, investor etc etc I couldn't care less what bullshit you say  Grin

You truely have a talent of spreading negativity to everything you touch Mr Aids.  Wink

Next time someone is suggesting an idea of some sorts, and you feel like you have something to say just shut the fuck up.  Wink

everybody chill. No need to throw out the F bombs. Let's try to keep it somewhat clean when you're trying to convey your message Smiley

Avalanche is a must own
Pages: « 1 ... 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 [355] 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 ... 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: