Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:31:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 [350] 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 ... 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804604 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 11:38:15 AM

Well, i have made few transactions with Crypti and have to say they were almost instant!

Even Bitcoin transactions are almost instant but question is how much time one must wait to be sure transaction will not be messed with - double spending of coins and such stuff.
If you are impressed by how fast all new altcoins propagate transactions just wait until amount of nodes on their networks reach 10,000 or so, you surely gonna notice some delays.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tobo

Activity: 763
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 12:06:50 PM

Node has finally announced their "new mechanism for a secured an equitable forging process". It's called Proof of Activity (PoA) and is a combination of node up-time and purchase activity. Sound familiar? That's because it is. We designed it and released a whitepaper about it 4 months ago.

I was not surprised to see that Node would copy Crypti mechanism and use a new name to claim the originality. If you have followed their thread long enough you would understand the way they think and do things.

My suggestion to Crypti is that you don't need to open source code for everything in the beginning and hold your code as long as possible. I rather see the clones to admit they are clones rather than claim the originality by just using a different name.
Passion_ltc

Activity: 714

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 12:17:48 PM

Yesterday I had a meeting with one of the team members. He was traveling to me, to my home town (in Germany). Everything went fine, we talked quite a bit about Crypti and its future.

I can say, that no other coin put that much work into their community. They are handling everything very professional. No comparison against any other coin. So I am very optimistic about Crypti.

I'm glad to be a part of this.

so you met every freakin coin dev in the world to end up with that sentence right ?

Sorry man, I meant 2nd gen coins.

lol np Smiley

just bored of seing how great are "devs" in every damn thread  Cheesy

there's a shitload of people doing decent job in crypto; stuff like the jl777 worship make me vomit.

cheers

You realize that I'm not talking about devs, but about community efforts?

yup i know how to read but this sentence just doesn't make sense. how a coin could put efforts in anything ? so i assumed you were talking about devs.

np tho; only miscommunication Smiley

Coin=whole team, not only the devs. And as I was only talking about the community effort, all I said is true.

5000Bitcoins

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 12:19:25 PM

Mintpal tomorrow and windows wallet I think, looks good!

Don't worry about Node real amateurs haha. You waste your time arguing with them. Everybody clones eachother everyday.
A lot of people got it for free that is why you will see so much good talk of it.
Just don't release your source code, however have your code reviewed by a trustworthy third party.
I amongst others will invest when we know what we are buying.  Wink
mydearvoice

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 12:41:57 PM

Well, i have made few transactions with Crypti and have to say they were almost instant!

Even Bitcoin transactions are almost instant but question is how much time one must wait to be sure transaction will not be messed with - double spending of coins and such stuff.
If you are impressed by how fast all new altcoins propagate transactions just wait until amount of nodes on their networks reach 10,000 or so, you surely gonna notice some delays.

I understand that you guys have not even read carefully White Paper Node.

"As the name implies the transaction verification is executed at blazing speeds, allowing to have more than 50 confirmations within a second. This feature is introduced and pioneered by NODE."

Where Bitcoin or Crypti makes instant confirmation

The fact that Node uses the mechanism of the Forge Crypti, maybe they were inspired by Crypti. I do not know, but it's very different coins.

Don't say what, see results.

grandpa_seth

Activity: 316

Simcoin Puny Humans Communicator

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 12:48:59 PM

I understand that you guys have not even read carefully White Paper Node.

"As the name implies the transaction verification is executed at blazing speeds, allowing to have more than 50 confirmations within a second. This feature is introduced and pioneered by NODE."

Where Bitcoin or Crypti makes instant confirmation

And you believed that? Sometime you have to use your own logic when reading things.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 12:51:47 PM

Crypti was only announced in June when NODE was announced back in February.  Who is copying who?  To me it looks like crypti came out of nowhere, took concepts from NXT, NEM and NODE and created a baby combining the three.  I know this is probable as I read a prior post which traced Crypti to Millderprod (a NXTer... well a former one.. he hasn't used his account in ages).

Too bad the developers were down with the downs and raced out to release a coin that didn't appeal to anyone, looks like an upstage attempt which failed.

NODE for me works flawless, has a windows wallet, located in a crypto friendly country, fair distribution, et cetera.  Crypti has been out for months.  NODE is only on day #9 of trading (it's still weeding out the early investors but it shouldn't take much longer) and almost has half the capitalization of Crypti which has been out for 1.5 months.

After NODE starts promotion and makes more announcements it'll shoot past Crypti.  Smart money should be pulling out of Crypti while it still has a chance.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
grandpa_seth

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 01:24:12 PM

The problem with free advice is you get what you pay for.

The problem with Taunsew/rabbiter/CFA is these guys got free stakes in NEM and NODE because they have no money which leads me to believe they are teenagers. They troll competing coin threads because that's all they know how to do. They don't realize that their trolling is actually a guide to which projects have a future otherwise they wouldn't be here wasting time. I use the term "they" but likely are all the same person.
GreXX

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 01:47:54 PM

I think they can just clone it when crypti source code is released.  But hey, imitation is the ultimate form of flattery.

I don't think Node devs are gonna clone anything. They might use some ideas (or might not), but they're not kind of people who steal someone's code.

I'm watching both projects
Technically, the Node wins.
Crypti big and heavy client, takes a lot of memory
Node fast, small blockchain

How Node can steal code if no published source?
Node works quite differently, there is no empty blocks, fast confirmation

I believe in Cripty, but technically they are behind the Node

Let me start off by saying I don't dislike the Node team nor do I wish them ill will. I hope we can both be extremely successful in our own niches of this industry. It's obvious we are taking slightly different approaches and have very different long term goals.

With that being said, let's examine your misunderstanding of the two projects and clarify.

Node has a fast and small blockchain because it doesn't do any calculations. It's randomly assigning blocks to forgers right now. Their Proof of Activity system isn't implemented yet so they don't have the same kind of data to store. When we released our first test client before the official launch, it was insanely small. Wait 4 months until they figure out PoA and see where it's at. Then we can judge it better.

Second, in a system that rewards users with transaction fees for forging blocks, empty blocks are bad. We have empty blocks too because we are still in the early stages and haven't released custom chains and merchant support which will change our activity quite a bit. We don't want empty blocks.

The point is, wasting time designing a system to eliminate zero blocks from our blockchain is counter intuitive. Instead we will focus our time on ensuring people are getting something from their forged blocks.

Our goal is to get to a point where there won't ever be a block with nothing in it, so all blocks would be forged and added to the blockchain anyways. Why program our code to assume no one will use our network?

Also, their confirmation time works exactly the same as ours. The block isn't actually confirmed by the network until the 60 second point in both systems. They are just creatively explaining how confirmations work in a crypto currency.

As to your third point, I never said they stole our source code. I don't care if they do steal our source code. I said taking credit for a system someone else designed and already implemented into a coin that already exists is dishonest and unprofessional.

What they are doing would be the equivalent of me programming a search engine from scratch that was half as good as Google and then claiming I came up with the idea for a search engine and no one had ever thought of it before. It's ridiculously disrespectful. We put a lot of time and thought into designing this system (I personally worked on it for months).

How can you say we are behind node when they are basically a tech demo at this point? The client they currently have is where we were at before we even wrote our announcement thread. None of their listed features have been implemented in the actual code yet.

Please don't post misinformation or misleading information in our thread.

GreXX

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 01:50:00 PM

Proof of Activity (PoA) from back in June. Didn't read it to see if it's the same or not, but the term at least has been around now.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=659275.0

That whitepaper was written by someone not related to their team and is about expanding the Bitcoin protocol to include additional forms of transaction confirmation with more complex calculations and techniques.

mydearvoice

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 01:56:55 PM

I think they can just clone it when crypti source code is released.  But hey, imitation is the ultimate form of flattery.

I don't think Node devs are gonna clone anything. They might use some ideas (or might not), but they're not kind of people who steal someone's code.

I'm watching both projects
Technically, the Node wins.
Crypti big and heavy client, takes a lot of memory
Node fast, small blockchain

How Node can steal code if no published source?
Node works quite differently, there is no empty blocks, fast confirmation

I believe in Cripty, but technically they are behind the Node

Let me start off by saying I don't dislike the Node team nor do I wish them ill will. I hope we can both be extremely successful in our own niches of this industry. It's obvious we are taking slightly different approaches and have very different long term goals.

With that being said, let's examine your misunderstanding of the two projects and clarify.

Node has a fast and small blockchain because it doesn't do any calculations. It's randomly assigning blocks to forgers right now. Their Proof of Activity system isn't implemented yet so they don't have the same kind of data to store. When we released our first test client before the official launch, it was insanely small. Wait 4 months until they figure out PoA and see where it's at. Then we can judge it better.

Second, in a system that rewards users with transaction fees for forging blocks, empty blocks are bad. We have empty blocks too because we are still in the early stages and haven't released custom chains and merchant support which will change our activity quite a bit. We don't want empty blocks.

The point is, wasting time designing a system to eliminate zero blocks from our blockchain is counter intuitive. Instead we will focus our time on ensuring people are getting something from their forged blocks.

Our goal is to get to a point where there won't ever be a block with nothing in it, so all blocks would be forged and added to the blockchain anyways. Why program our code to assume no one will use our network?

Also, their confirmation time works exactly the same as ours. The block isn't actually confirmed by the network until the 60 second point in both systems. They are just creatively explaining how confirmations work in a crypto currency.

As to your third point, I never said they stole our source code. I don't care if they do steal our source code. I said taking credit for a system someone else designed and already implemented into a coin that already exists is dishonest and unprofessional.

What they are doing would be the equivalent of me programming a search engine from scratch that was half as good as Google and then claiming I came up with the idea for a search engine and no one had ever thought of it before. It's ridiculously disrespectful. We put a lot of time and thought into designing this system (I personally worked on it for months).

How can you say we are behind node when they are basically a tech demo at this point? The client they currently have is where we were at before we even wrote our announcement thread. None of their listed features have been implemented in the actual code yet.

Please don't post misinformation or misleading information in our thread.
We don't want to explain, try to do it, there will always be people who do not know the real thing, there will always be people who have no solution

mydearvoice

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 02:00:08 PM

Grin Don't talk about other coins here, no one said that NODE is not good, you see the XCR team did know, speak with the facts, I believe XCR.

slavo

Activity: 784

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 02:05:59 PM

btt "investors" = lol

i'm buying up crypti since 1 month because yes; it takes time to "invest" without bumping the price.

those talking about closing the source and shit; wtf? can't we all live in peace and have some nice alts; crypti and node included? what if node end up being a better crypti; would that be bad? what if the opposite? who cares?

why the fuck would we compete against each others rather than WORK together; i just bought a lot of storj BECAUSE they aren't fighting but try to create partnerships with their direct "concurrent" which are sia; safe etc. That's the spirit...

is $ competing against € or are they both usefull for different types of people? companies using $ and € competes; not users.

If we end up having two companies; one using xcr and the other node fighting that would be good for the economy of BOTH coins.

Tell me that you see yourselves (node or crypti or any coin in fact) as a company and i'll just gtfo.

anyway good luck to BOTH projects
grandpa_seth

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 02:08:00 PM

@TaunSew
Anybody who spends their time putting down other coins with false information and ridiculously biased opinions in their threads instead of helping the few coins you do own is a toy human.
grandpa_seth

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 02:09:38 PM

Just let every coin do their own thing. Nobody can claim they know what the future holds. Make your bets now and win or lose accept what happens. I will not cry if NODE succeeds. Good for them if they do.
GreXX

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 02:14:22 PM

Crypti was only announced in June when NODE was announced back in February.  Who is copying who?  To me it looks like crypti came out of nowhere, took concepts from NXT, NEM and NODE and created a baby combining the three.  I know this is probable as I read a prior post which traced Crypti to Millderprod (a NXTer... well a former one.. he hasn't used his account in ages).

Too bad the developers were down with the downs and raced out to release a coin that didn't appeal to anyone, looks like an upstage attempt which failed.

NODE for me works flawless, has a windows wallet, located in a crypto friendly country, fair distribution, et cetera.  Crypti has been out for months.  NODE is only on day #9 of trading (it's still weeding out the early investors but it shouldn't take much longer) and almost has half the capitalization of Crypti which has been out for 1.5 months.

After NODE starts promotion and makes more announcements it'll shoot past Crypti.  Smart money should be pulling out of Crypti while it still has a chance.

Ok well this is trolling so let me clarify your misinformation.

Node in February was a completely different project and has changed their OP at least 4 times to completely re-invent their coin. They have been flying by the seat of their pants the entire time and just making things up as they go. This is none of my concern but don't come here and be dishonest. Their original post was describing a NXT clone so the way you describe our coin is actually a direct refection of what NODE was and is.

I don't know who Millderprod but is sure, whatever.

If you are basing the success of a crypto and whether or not it failed on it's first 1.5 months in existence then Bitcoin is a complete and utter disaster and failed miserably.

Fair distribution? Are you serious? Didn't the dev team retain 40% of the currency in circulation to themselves? Please correct me if I'm wrong but someone mentioned that somewhere.

Crypti works flawlessly for me. Didn't someone say Node doesn't have a Linux distro? Oh yeah, and it doesn't actually have a forging system yet does it? I could release a windows wallet myself if all our client did was pick a random address to assign the block to. That's easy. Our system is much more complex than that which will be evident to the Node team soon as they try to implement it.

How can a Crypto that is decentralized be "located in a crypto friendly country"? Our team and entire network are global. Theres no other way to do it.

We aren't focusing on market cap right now. We have a very long term and intricate system to develop. I couldn't care less what the market cap is right now. If that's your gauge of success than MonaCoin is way more awesome than both of us right?

I understand your from the Node thread and you are a Node supporter and that's OK. You should take the time to really understand what Crypti is and will be. You should also understand the underlying tech in each system and what we have been able to accomplish.

I don't mind you guys posting here and we love your input, but at least make sure it's accurate and you know what you are talking about.

We don't hate Node. Let me please restate that. Some of our team even invested in Node and are rooting for you guys. This only started because the Node team just announced 1 day ago a revolutionary system that they pioneered and no one had ever seen before, except for the slight exception to where we announced it 4 months ago, had it working 2 months ago, and actually designed it.

Just say hey, we love Crypti and how it works and it's really smart so we are going to use that. It's no different than teams coming out and using PoS after NXT because they realized it worked better than PoW. Just say that you are using our system because it's better than PoW and PoS. Give credit where it's due. Don't act like it came to you in a dream and you have never heard of Crypti. They even outlined the description in their whitepaper to mimic ours. I mean come on.

GreXX

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 02:16:23 PM

Crypti was only announced in June when NODE was announced back in February.  Who is copying who?  To me it looks like crypti came out of nowhere, took concepts from NXT, NEM and NODE and created a baby combining the three.  I know this is probable as I read a prior post which traced Crypti to Millderprod (a NXTer... well a former one.. he hasn't used his account in ages).

NODE for me works flawless, has a windows wallet, located in a crypto friendly country, fair distribution, et cetera.  Crypti has been out for months.  NODE is only on day #9 of trading (it's still weeding out the early investors but it shouldn't take much longer) and almost has half the capitalization of Crypti which has been out for 1.5 months.

After NODE starts promotion and makes more announcements it'll shoot past Crypti.  Smart money should be pulling out of Crypti while it still has a chance.

+1
These guys are confusing, but facts are facts
Investors are blind, they invested in Crypti and all costs want to recover their investments.

Initial investors in Crypti can still make back double their money if they sold right now.

mydearvoice

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 02:18:26 PM

Ok well this is trolling so let me clarify your misinformation.

Node in February was a completely different project and has changed their OP at least 4 times to completely re-invent their coin. They have been flying by the seat of their pants the entire time and just making things up as they go. This is none of my concern but don't come here and be dishonest. Their original post was describing a NXT clone so the way you describe our coin is actually a direct refection of what NODE was and is.

I don't know who Millderprod but is sure, whatever.

If you are basing the success of a crypto and whether or not it failed on it's first 1.5 months in existence then Bitcoin is a complete and utter disaster and failed miserably.

Fair distribution? Are you serious? Didn't the dev team retain 40% of the currency in circulation to themselves? Please correct me if I'm wrong but someone mentioned that somewhere.

Crypti works flawlessly for me. Didn't someone say Node doesn't have a Linux distro? Oh yeah, and it doesn't actually have a forging system yet does it? I could release a windows wallet myself if all our client did was pick a random address to assign the block to. That's easy. Our system is much more complex than that which will be evident to the Node team soon as they try to implement it.

How can a Crypto that is decentralized be "located in a crypto friendly country"? Our team and entire network are global. Theres no other way to do it.

We aren't focusing on market cap right now. We have a very long term and intricate system to develop. I couldn't care less what the market cap is right now. If that's your gauge of success than MonaCoin is way more awesome than both of us right?

I understand your from the Node thread and you are a Node supporter and that's OK. You should take the time to really understand what Crypti is and will be. You should also understand the underlying tech in each system and what we have been able to accomplish.

I don't mind you guys posting here and we love your input, but at least make sure it's accurate and you know what you are talking about.

We don't hate Node. Let me please restate that. Some of our team even invested in Node and are rooting for you guys. This only started because the Node team just announced 1 day ago a revolutionary system that they pioneered and no one had ever seen before, except for the slight exception to where we announced it 4 months ago, had it working 2 months ago, and actually designed it.

Just say hey, we love Crypti and how it works and it's really smart so we are going to use that. It's no different than teams coming out and using PoS after NXT because they realized it worked better than PoW. Just say that you are using our system because it's better than PoW and PoS. Give credit where it's due. Don't act like it came to you in a dream and you have never heard of Crypti. They even outlined the description in their whitepaper to mimic ours. I mean come on.

Don't go too much to explain, I believe XCR

GreXX

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 02:19:06 PM

Proof of Activity (PoA) from back in June. Didn't read it to see if it's the same or not, but the term at least has been around now.

That whitepaper was written by someone not related to their team and is about expanding the Bitcoin protocol to include additional forms of transaction confirmation with more complex calculations and techniques.

I see that You start to defend , it doesn't look good.
I as a developer support both projects. I just Express my opinion. You want to say that 512 Mb memory for java script project is this normal?

But if the other screams "We are the best and we are the first" , it means that You are weak in front of others

No offense

No literally. This whitepaper he posted isn't actually related to the Node project. Read it. It's about expanding Bitcoin. That wasn't anything to do with Node at all.

GreXX

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 02:24:50 PM

I see that You start to defend , it doesn't look good.
I as a developer support both projects. I just Express my opinion. You want to say that 512 Mb memory for java script project is this normal?

But if the other screams "We are the best and we are the first" , it means that You are weak in front of others

No offense

Also, why wouldn't I defend a project from illegitimate and dishonest attacks that I put months of my life into building? You are completely misinformed and posting information that is categorically false because you are a Node fanboi. I love Crypti and I will always defend it. That's my job. To do otherwise would be weakness.

It's like if you have children and someone starts talking trash about your kid. Well Crypti is my baby, so if you want to insult it, assume you'll be hearing from me.

Pages: « 1 ... 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 [350] 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 ... 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: