Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:10:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 [590] 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804605 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
crypti (OP)

Activity: 511
Merit: 500

Boris, Crypti Lead Developer, Lisk Advisor

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 04:12:05 AM

Just a heads up, the Crypti Dapp docs on GitHub are outdated, or simply aren't correct. I tried to set up an environment on Linux (Ubuntu 15.04) following this tutorial to the tee : https://github.com/crypti/crypti-dapps-docs/blob/master/EnvironmentSetup.md, but was unable to. The Testnet Client simply doesn't install properly, with the current instructions.

Currently there are 0 DApps submitted by the community,  0. I'm trying to fiddle around with creating one, but nobody seems to care about this. Max and Olivier were the only people that used to respond to these questions, and it seems like once they've left nobody else wants to answer them.

Thanks, we had problem with our obfuscation (now source code is opened and this is not required now) in the start of this year, because build in this documentation was broken.

I fixed docs, i still need to upload macos VM (linux VM already uploaded), but i will do it very soon.

If you are interesting, there is a lot of examples of dapps in our github - https://github.com/ . You can look.

There is token dapp and part of bitcoin integration in DApp Toolkit.

Hey Boris

I've given it another go, and I managed to get the environment setup and the Testnet client running, but the problem, this time, is that if I try to access: http://localhost:7040, it just times out, despite the client running perfectly.

Are you keep 'node app.js' command working? And are you sure you launch it on local machine?
If yes, send me logs, i will look, but i already tried it yesterday and it worked.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wulfcastle

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 01:21:24 AM

Just a heads up, the Crypti Dapp docs on GitHub are outdated, or simply aren't correct. I tried to set up an environment on Linux (Ubuntu 15.04) following this tutorial to the tee : https://github.com/crypti/crypti-dapps-docs/blob/master/EnvironmentSetup.md, but was unable to. The Testnet Client simply doesn't install properly, with the current instructions.

Currently there are 0 DApps submitted by the community,  0. I'm trying to fiddle around with creating one, but nobody seems to care about this. Max and Olivier were the only people that used to respond to these questions, and it seems like once they've left nobody else wants to answer them.

Thanks, we had problem with our obfuscation (now source code is opened and this is not required now) in the start of this year, because build in this documentation was broken.

I fixed docs, i still need to upload macos VM (linux VM already uploaded), but i will do it very soon.

If you are interesting, there is a lot of examples of dapps in our github - https://github.com/ . You can look.

Hey Boris

I've given it another go, and I managed to get the environment setup and the Testnet client running, but the problem, this time, is that if I try to access: http://localhost:7040, it just times out, despite the client running perfectly.

Are you keep 'node app.js' command working? And are you sure you launch it on local machine?
If yes, send me logs, i will look, but i already tried it yesterday and it worked.

Yeah, the node app.js command was run, I've sent you a PM with the logs.
?chooseusername

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 03:51:05 AM

Have you thought of creating a slack? many communities use it and imo it's quite useful
bitseedmike

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 04:45:32 PM

We do have a Slack like forum on Rocket.chat, an open source platform. To join in, please go to https://crypti.chat/home and create an account. You may also download the desktop client for your OS. The server address for the client is https://crypti.chat .

We will be having a community meeting on Rocketchat to bring everyone up to speed on current status and plans forward. The meeting will be at 11:00 AM PST on Saturday February 6.

In summary, the Foundation will be supporting Lisk and encouraging people to participate. Crypti will also be maintained with bug fixes and delegate operation by the Foundation while the community can join in to operate delegates and continue development for those who prefer the original version. We will be posting an official notice with details in the next couple of days.

Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 09:09:07 PM

We do have a Slack like forum on Rocket.chat, an open source platform. To join in, please go to https://crypti.chat/home and create an account. You may also download the desktop client for your OS. The server address for the client is https://crypti.chat .

We will be having a community meeting on Rocketchat to bring everyone up to speed on current status and plans forward. The meeting will be at 11:00 AM PST on Saturday February 6.

In summary, the Foundation will be supporting Lisk and encouraging people to participate. Crypti will also be maintained with bug fixes and delegate operation by the Foundation while the community can join in to operate delegates and continue development for those who prefer the original version. We will be posting an official notice with details in the next couple of days.

Okay I'll try to meetup with everyone

Avalanche is a must own
bitseedmike

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2016, 02:23:40 AM

Look forward to seeing you and every one else.

crypti (OP)

Activity: 511

Boris, Crypti Lead Developer, Lisk Advisor

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2016, 09:39:51 AM

Hey Boris

Yeah, the node app.js command was run, I've sent you a PM with the logs.

Looks like you missed this step - https://github.com/crypti/crypti-dapps-docs/blob/master/EnvironmentSetup.md#install-vm
GreXX

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2016, 09:21:42 PM

UPDATE

Here is a copy of the transcript of this mornings public meeting. Feel free to read at your leisure!

http://pastebin.com/y7y5g3mq

Thanks everyone!

GreXX

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2016, 09:45:50 PM

In addition, we need to gauge whether or not there will be any submissions for the Dapp Contest. We have received very little feedback or interest up to this point but I know Wulf mentioned possibly working on something. If we will not have any submissions (which we have only 2 days left), we would like to refund the dapp contest funds to the donors. If you are planning on submitting, please let us know. A quality review board will still be held for any submissions to ensure the quality and relevance of any submissions, but if you are planning on making a submission, we want to honor the commitment we made to the contest. Thanks!

WorldCoiner

Activity: 1069
Merit: 682

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2016, 10:13:34 PM

Nice that you have found a agreement with Lisk.
It's good to combine the Lisk|Crypti Community.
Well done.
rtrtcrypto

Activity: 627

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 01:34:21 AM

Yikes,

What a mess. This project is in trouble. Ok, I will act accordingly.

It now becomes very hard to even gauge what the project will become - seems like there is a need for another ICO and that XCR can't quite pull that off without diluting everyones shares. This splintering to a fork for the purposes of another ICO just looks bizarre. XCR clearly got nowhere it intended, no support, no people running delegates, etc. (truth be told, I did not run one either, so, I'm to blame as well)

Good luck to the teams,

"Nice that you have found a agreement with Lisk.
Well done."

LOL, there is no XCR/LISK community - there are only XCR users who have to choose if they will dilute their shares into a "new" token (which now has the exact same team as we had last week in XCR). At least in a hard fork I would have my stake on BOTH chains. Now I'm forced to choose which chain to go with - honestly, this project just moved into "pipe dream" territory. I can't support a new ICO from a moral point of view; I wish you guys had handled this differently.

rtrtcrypto

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 01:43:34 AM

750,000 XCR for sale... PM me if interested.

Litoshi

Activity: 700

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 03:45:12 AM

Yikes,

What a mess. This project is in trouble. Ok, I will act accordingly.

It now becomes very hard to even gauge what the project will become - seems like there is a need for another ICO and that XCR can't quite pull that off without diluting everyones shares. This splintering to a fork for the purposes of another ICO just looks bizarre. XCR clearly got nowhere it intended, no support, no people running delegates, etc. (truth be told, I did not run one either, so, I'm to blame as well)

Good luck to the teams,

"Nice that you have found a agreement with Lisk.
Well done."

LOL, there is no XCR/LISK community - there are only XCR users who have to choose if they will dilute their shares into a "new" token (which now has the exact same team as we had last week in XCR). At least in a hard fork I would have my stake on BOTH chains. Now I'm forced to choose which chain to go with - honestly, this project just moved into "pipe dream" territory. I can't support a new ICO from a moral point of view; I wish you guys had handled this differently.

You have hit the nail on the head........ The Crypti team was discussing a new fund raiser or crowdfunding effort to fund the development of the DAPPs.  A plan was in progress, and a roadmap written.  It is identical to the LISK roadmap..... coincidence?

Max decided that he wanted to handle and control the money, so he began his own secret coin effort months ago with Oliver.  Once Max announced his forked coin, it made it impossible for the XCR team to raise funds.  I am sure that Max will pay himself well for his expertise in community relations for LISK, while Oliver writes all the code.

The Crypti foundation is running on Satoshi vapor, the devs have drifted into other projects.  The team has been in short-timer mode for months.  The betrayal of Max and Oliver was the final shot that convinced the team to surrender and go away.

I suggest you trade your 750K XCR for 750K LISK, then dump it on the exchange as soon as it is possible.

kennyP

Activity: 544

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 05:10:25 AM

Why make a second clone and dilute your resources?

Why not hand over  day-to-day control of XCR to the enthusiastic LISK guys?

Having two under-resourced projects isn't better, it's bloody madness!!!
bitseedmike

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 02:29:29 PM

New funding rounds are common with startups. It is better to have some dilution than to lose the investment entirely. I did propose the sharedrop for the reasons mentioned above, so XCR would not be diluted per the original agreement with founders and also have a significant stake in the new project. Max and Olivier were not founders, but investors who were active in the community, putting a lot of work into the project, and joined the foundation. As such, they are not bound to the original agreement not to dilute investment. Since they did not inform the rest of the Foundation of their intent to relaunch a new coin based on Crypti, there was no collusion between them and founding members to create the new coin.

Lisk offers existing XCR holders the options of a fair stake in the relaunch as Lisk or an exit at a price which is still above the pre-sale price of XCR in terms of BTC, assuming market conditions hold and there is sufficient interest in Lisk to absorb the volume of those who chose to exit.

As kennyP has observed, it would not make sense to spread resources over two similar projects, so Foundation Members are encouraging people who want to see Crypti continue to participate in Lisk. The Foundation cannot continue to develop Crypti or base projects on it which would increase its value after advising them to switch to Lisk. We will maintain Crypti to support the transition to Lisk and fulfill our commitment to deliver the product as promised, and Crypti is still available to those who want to continue to work with it with undiluted, non-inflationary XCR and merge Lisk development back into Crypti.

A major factor in why these moves were necessary was the timing of the BTC price drop. It had a 15% price drop while funds were in escrow after the pre-sale, and continued to drop afterwards to a low of about 30% of pre-sale BTC price where it stayed over about 6 months of the development period. This cost a full year of development budget and eliminated the marketing budget as well. The relaunch with Lisk can allow the project to recover from this and create its niche as a dapp platform optimized for IoT and computationally intense applications.

The statement that there is no XCR/LISK community is false. We had a steady and slowly increasing stream of people joining the Crypti community on a daily basis prior to the announcement of Lisk, a steadily increasing healthy volume of trading with an upward trending price in the markets, and now, continued growing activity in the Lisk ICO ANN thread.

Also, Lisk is not just a clone of Crypti. It is adding delegate rewards to encourage greater community participation to operate nodes, and adding other features described in their roadmap.

There are three possible outcomes of the Lisk ICO, all of which have potential advantages to investors:

1. The Lisk ICO completely fails to raise any BTC or ETH, and only receives XCR. This means no dilution for XCR holders and is similar to the plan originally proposed by Max and Olivier to the rest of the Foundation to assume responsibility for Crypti. The project would also have less chance of success with no budget.

2. The Lisk ICO raises around 800 BTC and all XCR is converted to Lisk. This results in XCR holders having a 50% dilution and is equivalent to the relaunch plan I proposed to the Foundation, but without the sharedrop to preserve the original undiluted Crypti as an option. This gives existing investors a good stake in the new project and a healthy budget to work with to achieve success so investors are more likely to see a return than wit the first option.

3. The Lisk ICO is wildly successful and raises thousands of BTC. This results in XCR holders having a lot more dilution but also gives them a significant stake in a very high visibility project with plenty of bank to make a lot of noise, lots of development, and carve out its niche in a very competitive marketplace.

rtrtcrypto

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 02:33:29 PM

Since you are so optimistic, buy my stake... 750k = 7 BTC.

Thanks,

New funding rounds are common with startups. It is better to have some dilution than to lose the investment entirely. I did propose the sharedrop for the reasons mentioned above, so XCR would not be diluted per the original agreement with founders and also have a significant stake in the new project. Max and Olivier were not founders, but investors who were active in the community, putting a lot of work into the project, and joined the foundation. As such, they are not bound to the original agreement not to dilute investment. Since they did not inform the rest of the Foundation of their intent to relaunch a new coin based on Crypti, there was no collusion between them and founding members to create the new coin.

Lisk offers existing XCR holders the options of a fair stake in the relaunch as Lisk or an exit at a price which is still above the pre-sale price of XCR in terms of BTC, assuming market conditions hold and there is sufficient interest in Lisk to absorb the volume of those who chose to exit.

As kennyP has observed, it would not make sense to spread resources over two similar projects, so Foundation Members are encouraging people who want to see Crypti continue to participate in Lisk. The Foundation cannot continue to develop Crypti or base projects on it which would increase its value after advising them to switch to Lisk. We will maintain Crypti to support the transition to Lisk and fulfill our commitment to deliver the product as promised, and Crypti is still available to those who want to continue to work with it with undiluted, non-inflationary XCR and merge Lisk development back into Crypti.

A major factor in why these moves were necessary was the timing of the BTC price drop. It had a 15% price drop while funds were in escrow after the pre-sale, and continued to drop afterwards to a low of about 30% of pre-sale BTC price where it stayed over about 6 months of the development period. This cost a full year of development budget and eliminated the marketing budget as well. The relaunch with Lisk can allow the project to recover from this and create its niche as a dapp platform optimized for IoT and computationally intense applications.

The statement that there is no XCR/LISK community is false. We had a steady and slowly increasing stream of people joining the Crypti community on a daily basis prior to the announcement of Lisk, a steadily increasing healthy volume of trading with an upward trending price in the markets, and now, continued growing activity in the Lisk ICO ANN thread.

Also, Lisk is not just a clone of Crypti. It is adding delegate rewards to encourage greater community participation to operate nodes, and adding other features described in their roadmap.

There are three possible outcomes of the Lisk ICO, all of which have potential advantages to investors:

1. The Lisk ICO completely fails to raise any BTC or ETH, and only receives XCR. This means no dilution for XCR holders and is similar to the plan originally proposed by Max and Olivier to the rest of the Foundation to assume responsibility for Crypti. The project would also have less chance of success with no budget.

2. The Lisk ICO raises 800 BTC and all XCR is converted to Lisk. This results in XCR holders having a 50% dilution and is equivalent to the relaunch plan I proposed to the Foundation, but without the sharedrop to preserve the original undiluted Crypti as an option. This gives existing investors a good stake in the new project and a healthy budget to work with to achieve success so investors are more likely to see a return than wit the first option.

3. The Lisk ICO is wildly successful and raises thousands of BTC. This results in XCR holders having a lot more dilution but also gives them a significant stake in a very high visibility project with plenty of bank to make a lot of noise, lots of development, and carve out its niche in a very competitive marketplace.
bitseedmike

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 02:52:12 PM

I suggest putting it on Polo at the price you want. Given the volume and current market conditions, you will probably be able to sell it fairly quickly. I strongly advise against doing direct transactions without escrow with people you don't know. I got burned myself trying to buy NXT - fortunately only lost .1 BTC since I had the supposed seller agreed to split the deal into multiple transactions. The same scammer had been working Mastercoin as well.

rtrtcrypto

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 02:56:08 PM

The "volume" I'm selling is almost 1% of the entire supply. It's 25% of the supply on the exchanges at the moment.

I'm hoping not to dump to an exchange to spare you guys.

I suggest putting it on Polo at the price you want. Given the volume and current market conditions, you will probably be able to sell it fairly quickly. I strongly advise against doing direct transactions without escrow with people you don't know. I got burned myself trying to buy NXT - fortunately only lost .1 BTC since I had the supposed seller agreed to split the deal into multiple transactions. The same scammer had been working Mastercoin as well.
Litoshi

Activity: 700

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 03:15:55 PM

Why make a second clone and dilute your resources?

Why not hand over  day-to-day control of XCR to the enthusiastic LISK guys?

Having two under-resourced projects isn't better, it's bloody madness!!!

kennyp, suppose you are a rapper or comedian.  You rehearse your act for months, maybe a year, and even perform it in front of other rappers/comedians for feedback.  Then you get a gig on a TV show.  However, the act that goes on just before you, having heard it from you at rehearsal, now performs your act. 

How would you feel? 

Do you think that the thief deserves the respect of the public?

bitseedmike

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 03:19:42 PM

Dump all you want. 750,000 XCR is only a few days of current volume. It is better for you to set the price at what you want for it and wait for it to sell than to dump it all at once into the buy wall. If you decide not to convert it into Lisk, someone else who does want to participate in Lisk can use it to enter at a good discount. If you sell at 1000 sats, you will be making 25% above pre-sale price in BTC, and the person buying it will getting about a 15% discount off of the first week ICO price of Lisk in BTC.

Pages: « 1 ... 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 [590] 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: