Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 04:12:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804605 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
MEGAman

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I'm gonna clean up this town

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 03:55:21 AM

The DEV is too greedy.
25% were kept by themselves, it's sick.
If they want to get their own share, why don't invest some btc to the ipo.
We all know NXT and qora's dev don't keep any coins freely.

Why don't they invest BTC? Because they don't have to - idiots will pump money into this either way and goofballs will be trading it on the exchange. By taking 25% for themselves right off the top (which makes zero sense - they already make a killing as-is) they just milk even more cash out of this thing when they dump. Whether they kept 25% or 0% wouldn't matter - anybody that will invest in this thing isn't smart enough to care. They might as well keep 50%.

Also, you know the NXT people/etc bought their own shares but what is the difference? At least Crypti is being honest about cheating the system instead of doing it under the table.
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 03:56:47 AM

The DEV is too greedy.

It's 15%, not 25%. And devs totally deserve it.

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:00:01 AM

The DEV is too greedy.

Why don't they invest BTC? Because they don't have to - idiots will pump money into this either way and goofballs will be trading it on the exchange. By taking 25% for themselves right off the top (which makes zero sense - they already make a killing as-is) they just milk even more cash out of this thing when they dump. Whether they kept 25% or 0% wouldn't matter - anybody that will invest in this thing isn't smart enough to care. They might as well keep 50%.

Also, you know the NXT people/etc bought their own shares but what is the difference? At least Crypti is being honest about cheating the system instead of doing it under the table.

Devs, could you please delete such posts. There will be enough time for fud and trolling after IPO is over and you're working on the launch.

50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:06:15 AM

Just as a topic of discussion in regards to the cap talk.

Would 2000 BTC be too much for most investors as a cap?

Are most of you thinking 1000 BTC?

Just wondering what everyone thinks a good cap is as we are having the same internal debate.

If it's 1000 BTC I personally have no doubts and will invest right away. 2000 BTC is questionable because there are some other opportunities with potencially higher ROI. But 1K BTC is totally cool.

1000 BTC maximum.

I already invested, but will refund on cap 2000 - to risky for me - no margin of safety so to speak  Lips sealed
cryptozim

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:12:37 AM

In this thread:
1) People investing in Crypti then telling everyone else not to invest because it will eat into their profits.
2) Devs making decisions, then going back on those decisions because 2 people don't like it. Then, spending 3 pages trying to figure out what they should do.

Seriously, devs, the best way to gain the community's confidence is to make decisions and stick to them. If you want to involve the community, do it before an announcement, make a decision based off of the feedback, then stick to that decision. There have been several cases already where you bow to community pressure after it's too late (such as changing the pre-sale terms after the pre-sale has started)

Disclaimer: I've invested a small amount into Crypti already on Bter.

Stick to decisions is the best way to destory and lose the community. Take a look at Node (Nxtl), devs are tearing the community apart by making unpopular decisions. Most people already lost interest in it.

Which is why I suggested getting community feedback before making decisions. What we're seeing now is the devs changing the rules during the middle of the pre-sale because they're listening to investors who are only looking out for their own self interest. They don't care about the coin or the community. Only themselves. This is a dangerous practice for a dev team.

BTC: 15h26g3SUu6iXUi1phv5FHmASc5hDeGHpJ | LSK: 840098997497226041L | CSC: cMsbRGMLzu7Ss8L7Vv6osksUyt5P322uxS
GreXX

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 04:28:14 AM

In this thread:
1) People investing in Crypti then telling everyone else not to invest because it will eat into their profits.
2) Devs making decisions, then going back on those decisions because 2 people don't like it. Then, spending 3 pages trying to figure out what they should do.

Seriously, devs, the best way to gain the community's confidence is to make decisions and stick to them. If you want to involve the community, do it before an announcement, make a decision based off of the feedback, then stick to that decision. There have been several cases already where you bow to community pressure after it's too late (such as changing the pre-sale terms after the pre-sale has started)

Stick to decisions is the best way to destory and lose the community. Take a look at Node (Nxtl), devs are tearing the community apart by making unpopular decisions. Most people already lost interest in it.

Which is why I suggested getting community feedback before making decisions. What we're seeing now is the devs changing the rules during the middle of the pre-sale because they're listening to investors who are only looking out for their own self interest. They don't care about the coin or the community. Only themselves. This is a dangerous practice for a dev team.

Thanks for getting involved in the conversation! We feel that it is important to listen to the community. We know that we aren't perfect and that every decision we have made up to this point internally, wasn't going to be 100% popular with the community. We are trying to learn from these early mistakes and continue to improve. Therefore, when enough people voice an opinion about a specific subject, we feel it is important to take it under review.

The only real issue still open for debate at this point is the cap on the pre-sale. While I know that many asking for a cap are doing so because they want to ensure their own investment is worthwhile, there is a point to be made that we should try to reward these early investors by not overly diluting the market and minimizing their investment.

No matter how we do it, our goal is to make the long term investors the real winners here, not the short term hedgers who are simply investing in the IPO to immediately flip and try to earn a quick buck. Our goal is long term sustained development and growth in valuation. I know it's hard to take our word on that, but I mean it when I say it.

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:51:50 AM

In this thread:

There's no community at the moment, so nothing to care about. It's being formed by active forum members/possible investors. It depends on devs either it'll be formed or not.

xtester

Activity: 840

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 05:06:37 AM

In this thread:

Thanks for getting involved in the conversation! We feel that it is important to listen to the community. We know that we aren't perfect and that every decision we have made up to this point internally, wasn't going to be 100% popular with the community. We are trying to learn from these early mistakes and continue to improve. Therefore, when enough people voice an opinion about a specific subject, we feel it is important to take it under review.

The only real issue still open for debate at this point is the cap on the pre-sale. While I know that many asking for a cap are doing so because they want to ensure their own investment is worthwhile, there is a point to be made that we should try to reward these early investors by not overly diluting the market and minimizing their investment.

No matter how we do it, our goal is to make the long term investors the real winners here, not the short term hedgers who are simply investing in the IPO to immediately flip and try to earn a quick buck. Our goal is long term sustained development and growth in valuation. I know it's hard to take our word on that, but I mean it when I say it.

Agree with you. That is why my suggestion was not about putting a 500 btc cap but rather finding the sensible line where the IPO gets dangerously diluted for the investors and somehow prevent that.
SyRenity

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 05:22:51 AM
Last edit: July 11, 2014, 05:35:54 AM by SyRenity

Can you provide any example of a rule being changed during the pre-sale, after we posted the final updates on the 9th? (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654463.msg7758487#msg7758487)?

The only thing being discussed now after multiple community requests is the max-cap, which actually benefits the current buyers.
SyRenity

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 05:36:53 AM

On another note, we have also posted a short summary of the upcoming Foundation, both in the ANN OP and here:
https://github.com/crypti/crypti-docs/blob/master/presale.md#crypti-foundation
prix

Activity: 750
Merit: 511

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 05:54:18 AM

https://github.com/crypti/crypti-docs/blob/master/presale.md#how-does-the-bonus-work

F = B * (1+ (30 - D) / 30 ) / TB

@SyRenity, check the formula, maybe / 100?
I hope you post the preliminary share for each investor before sending money.

I like the total cap idea, between 500-1000. It's not for ROI only, it's for save my time too (without cap I have to closely monitor this thread and current IPO amount: my investment depends on the IPO amount).
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 05:56:25 AM

Can't get what's crypti all about... Actually, I went to crypti.me:7040 and clicked on free crypti and got some 1000 free cryptis. But, don't know what's it about? I mean can I spend or sell them? They still seem to be unconfirmed... When will they get confirmed? Got 26 confirmations and until everyone will see this, will have more of them... Please make me this concept clear...

Thanks Smiley

SyRenity

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:09:24 AM

https://github.com/crypti/crypti-docs/blob/master/presale.md#how-does-the-bonus-work

F = B * (1+ (30 - D) / 30 ) / TB

@SyRenity, check the formula, maybe / 100?
I hope you post the preliminary share for each investor before sending money.

Thanks for the comment, we will re-check.

There will be a public ledger system online soon, showing a live amount of buys, and the estimated amount of Cryptis that these buys will bring.
SyRenity

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:09:53 AM

Can't get what's crypti all about... Actually, I went to crypti.me:7040 and clicked on free crypti and got some 1000 free cryptis. But, don't know what's it about? I mean can I spend or sell them? They still seem to be unconfirmed... When will they get confirmed? Got 26 confirmations and until everyone will see this, will have more of them... Please make me this concept clear...

Please see the white-paper for more details of what Crypti is all about (work in progress):
https://github.com/crypti/whitepaper/blob/master/README.md
YNWA2806

Activity: 398

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:28:02 AM

The DEV is too greedy.

Megaman I missed your shit....where is your friend Litoshi? done trolling? seems like you're second guessing....

regarding the 25%~ premine, we discussed it over and over again...this is the model the Dev's chose after sharing their thoughts with us, if that sounds too risky for you its totally understandable, just lay back and consider joining in after the pre-sale.

Cap wise...there is no need to exceed 750 BTC! we went over and approved the budget when 500 btc were estimated, so 750 should be enough and more, you guys have yet to disappoint me and I'm sure you wont start now...Smiley

To be honest, at 1000 Btc and more I'll seriously consider to withdraw my investment and wait to a lower entrance point as it just not worth the risk...

ownerbest

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:22:41 AM

After got the meaning of bter's announcement, my suggestion, stay away from this coin!

And what meaning exactly you got that caused you to reach this conclusion, if I may ask so?

So, do I have to clarify it?

All your ideas and description are Copied from Qora, nxt and nxtl.
There is no innovative feature at all.

1、Ed25519 DSA for increased security.
2、1 minute block time, pending on the network activity and node uptimes.
3、PoS retargeting on every new block.
4、Password protected wallets that allow recovery from seeds.
5、RESTful API for easy and fast interaction with Crypti nodes.
6、Custom block-chains, allowing anyone to launch their own chain with custom rules

Copy from Qora.

Combination of 3 PoS algorithms  -   Copy from NXT.

And for the Node.js, from NXTL.

Details, see this https://bter.com/article/1788

Your team just wants more money from investors, I'm wondering whether Crypti launch successfully.

QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QM8Q7itiFjs9b2QaXgDuedT8cfX5qaYeqC
SyRenity

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:31:10 AM

All your ideas and description are Copied from Qora, nxt and nxtl.
There is no innovative feature at all.

I suggest you read the white-paper again. While we were indeed inspired by NXT (Qora was mostly used for ANN formatting and NXTL comparison is not relevant as we choose Node.JS due to it's rapid adoption among developers), Crypti brings originality and innovation of it's own (focus on the merchant space and custom block-chains, just to name a few).

Moreover, we going to channel the raised funds to Foundation management from the start, and have the launch team Crypti % vested, this is very different from how these cryptos are managed.
SyRenity

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:35:58 AM

Thanks, fixed.
wwdz99

Activity: 243

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:40:57 AM

Guaranteed Features

• Custom block-chains, allowing anyone to launch their own chain with custom rules
  • Combination of 3 PoS algorithms:
    • Proof-of-Purchase (purchases done since the last won forged block)
    • Proof-of-Time (node running up-time)
    • Proof-of-Identity (merchant address real-life validation)
  • Ed25519 DSA for increased security.
  • 1 minute block time, pending on the network activity and node uptimes.
  • PoS retargeting on every new block.
  • Password protected wallets that allow recovery from seeds.
  • RESTful API for easy and fast interaction with Crypti nodes.

As you guy says,the Anonymously feature which list on your official website dont mention,why?
Ingatqhvq

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:45:30 AM

The DEV is too greedy.

It's 15%, not 25%. And devs totally deserve it.
They already get the BTC from IPO.
Yes, they promise the btc will used as development of this coin. But they contorl this money.
So it will eventually going to thier own pocket.
Basically, they means 15% should pay for the work to create the coins.
And all the IPO BTC should pay for they continue working for this coins.
It's too greedy.
They don't deserve it!
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: