Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:17:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804602 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
zhinkk

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 09:29:24 PM

Crypton has a nice ring to it, and is short and easy to pronounce. We can set up a poll on another thread, so any ideas would be welcome.

I also like this. But in bitcoin, it is easy to distinguish smaller units because of "micro" or simply "bit". Crypton doesn't have that same feature.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Litoshi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 09:33:04 PM

Regarding extra cap BTC invested, I think we have these possible outcomes:

1) Developers agree to accept the invested BTC and max cap is raised a little bit. This isn't too good because shows lack of transparency of commitment. But extra btc investors would be happy and they could be useful to us
2) Developers don't accept the extra btc and not enough is refunded. Sucks to the people who invested and are forced to be out, but at least commitment is kept
3) Developers don't accept the extra btc and enough is refunded for the extra btc people join. That's good and a win/win situation but seems hardly someone would sell their stake now at 1:1
4) Developers sell their own stake to make it up for these extra btc. This would be the best possibility because it shows commitment, transparency and also that developers is altruist and cares about investors. Nobody gets dilluted and developers just lose a little bit of money, but still will hold a lot of it. Nobody loses and developers would win a lot of reputation in exchange of a few btc.

#4 was exactly what I suggested on the previous page.  If you are going to rephrase my idea, at least give me credit. diba
how 13 years old are you? im interested on improving this cryptocurrency and not claiming ideas and work on a discussion forum. if you think someone listened to your idea and found it good be glad instead of irritated then
i have more to do than going around crediting everything i read, even something small and meaningless
i don't see satoshi running around screaming "you're using btc give me credit"
grow up

small and meaningless???  the manner in which the devs handle this issue effects every person that has invested in Cryptsi.  It also will reveal how the devs will handle problems sure to arise in the future. 

Will the devs decision go against innocent investors, all investors, or themselves?

samsmith16

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 09:35:33 PM

Crypton has a nice ring to it, and is short and easy to pronounce. We can set up a poll on another thread, so any ideas would be welcome.

Cool yeah a poll would be great but please don't add the one on the top of this page it was a joke. Hell of a way to start page 100 I may add..  Undecided

Royalties
pays interest on Term Deposits up to 15%!! Yes even Cold Storage!!
Quantumtangles

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 09:39:39 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2014, 09:52:16 PM by Quantumtangles

I also like this. But in bitcoin, it is easy to distinguish smaller units because of "micro" or simply "bit". Crypton doesn't have that same feature.

I agree. However, if Crypti is set (as it would appear) to become a major global currency, a counterargument is that people without a science background (for whom microfarads might as well be something you heat up your dinner with) may more rapidly comprehend precisely what a Crypton is. Without more, a distinguishing feature may have greater traction in the long term.

Edit: In fact, we do heat up our dinners with microfarads when we use microwave ovens, as they contain enormous capacitors and the unit for capacitance is the Farad. Oops  Cheesy
Litoshi

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 09:57:18 PM

I agree. However, if Crypti is set (as it would appear) to become a major global currency, a counterargument is that people without a science background (for whom microfarads might as well be something you heat up your dinner with) may more rapidly comprehend precisely what a Crypton is. Without more, a distinguishing feature may have greater traction in the long term.

Edit: In fact, we do heat up our dinners with microfarads when we use microwave ovens, as they contain enormous capacitors and the unit for capacitance is the Farad. Oops  Cheesy

Although catchy, Crypton will be confused with another cryptocoin, past, present or future.  You also leave your self open for a copycat to use that name.

Quantumtangles

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:24:00 PM

Edit: In fact, we do heat up our dinners with microfarads when we use microwave ovens, as they contain enormous capacitors and the unit for capacitance is the Farad. Oops  Cheesy

Although catchy, Crypton will be confused with another cryptocoin, past, present or future.  You also leave your self open for a copycat to use that name.

That is entirely possible...perhaps even likely... accordingly there are good arguments for and against. Focusing for the moment on arguments in favour, the photonic aspect appeals to me having been fascinated by photons and their relationship with matter for some time. It is this relationship between matter and light (analogously between the substance of matter (Fiat currencies) and the inchoate nature of light (Cryptocurrencies) that interests me. One may convert the one into the other by means of a relationship not entirely dissimilar to Einsteins wonderfully simplifying equation...E=MC2. It is this relationship between thing on the one hand (Fiat currency) and 'no thing' on the other (Cryptocurrency), matter and light, that bears comparison arising from their interchangeability. Cryptocurrencies create real substance, real value and remarkable utility even though they arise from the 'nothingness' of mathematical abstraction (ex nihilo totem fit - from nothing everything comes). Add the fact that the exceptional ideas underpinning Crypti orbit the seismically important idea of a currency that incentivises the movement and flow of the currency (just as photons have to keep trucking or end up with zero mass) and it may be that the word is a candidate alternative for micro-crypti. But your points are well made and better candidate names may be only moments away.

Edit: Samsmith16 pointed out the photonic resemblance, not I
GreXX

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 10:25:37 PM

The Crypti FAQ has been updated to reflect some pre-sale related questions. If you notice anything missing that you think should be added, comment on the post and let me know. Thanks!

http://grexx.ghost.io/crypti-faq/

josephliton

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:10:33 PM

The Crypti FAQ has been updated to reflect some pre-sale related questions. If you notice anything missing that you think should be added, comment on the post and let me know. Thanks!

http://grexx.ghost.io/crypti-faq/

Thank you  

Litoshi

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:45:45 PM

That is entirely possible...perhaps even likely... accordingly there are good arguments for and against. Focusing for the moment on arguments in favour, the photonic aspect appeals to me having been fascinated by photons and their relationship with matter for some time. It is this relationship between matter and light (analogously between the substance of matter (Fiat currencies) and the inchoate nature of light (Cryptocurrencies) that interests me. One may convert the one into the other by means of a relationship not entirely dissimilar to Einsteins wonderfully simplifying equation...E=MC2. It is this relationship between thing on the one hand (Fiat currency) and 'no thing' on the other (Cryptocurrency), matter and light, that bears comparison arising from their interchangeability. Cryptocurrencies create real substance, real value and remarkable utility even though they arise from the 'nothingness' of mathematical abstraction (ex nihilo totem fit - from nothing everything comes). Add the fact that the exceptional ideas underpinning Crypti orbit the seismically important idea of a currency that incentivises the movement and flow of the currency (just as photons have to keep trucking or end up with zero mass) and it may be that the word is a candidate alternative for micro-crypti. But your points are well made and better candidate names may be only moments away.

Edit: Samsmith16 pointed out the photonic resemblance, not I.

Quantum:

At the risk of thread drift, I must point out that you are 40 IQ points above most of the bloggers here.

Also, there was nothing wonderful about Einsteins equation E=MC2.  The formula for computing the energy of a moving object was already old in the time of Caesar.  Energy equals mass times the square of the velocity  E=MV2. 

All Einstein did was expand the velocity in the formula to the speed of light, and then propose, not prove, that such a mass then becomes pure energy. 

Yes, I am a Mensa member.

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4884

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:50:41 PM

Quantum:

At the risk of thread drift, I must point out that you are 40 IQ points above most of the bloggers here.

Also, there was nothing wonderful about Einsteins equation E=MC2.  The formula for computing the energy of a moving object was already old in the time of Caesar.  Energy equals mass times the square of the velocity  E=MV2. 

All Einstein did was expand the velocity in the formula to the speed of light, and then propose, not prove, that such a mass then becomes pure energy. 

You are slick, starting a post pointing out how smart someone is while deriding the rest and smoothly shifting to how above them you also are. You must do very well in social gatherings.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
nebby

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:54:22 PM

I really like the potential of having a marketplace attached to a crypto. Now just make a crypti = 1 ton of fertilizer, and even if things don't work out, you can still say this coin is worth shit!
samsmith16

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 12:27:02 AM

Quantum:

Well I must admit I didn't see this convo turning to quantum mechanics with a touch of subatomic physics and an overtone of astral phenomena in regards to humans relationship with currency.... But it may be better to reel her back in here...

Ok the why I see it is this title we place on the 8th decimal place may be more important then I was really thinking. We havent seen any crypto massively adopted yet, but we can all imagine the world we will all soon live in. Once crypto is more the primary means to facilitate everyday trade and purchase of coffee, gas, bills.... Bitcoin's satoshi will be more common place in the worlds language then most any other (minus Crypti's of course). People will not be asking how many dollars or euro things cost or even how many Bitcoins, it would be asked in satoshi. So when coming up with this word and its symbol it must be treated as such. Crypti may even be divisible past the 8th decimal some day but that can be dealt with then.

Royalties
masternode

Activity: 443

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:01:15 AM

Quantum:

Anyone bragging about being in Mensa is a total douche.  Not envy either.  Not to mention, the smartest guys I know (most of whom are likely in mensa) have probably never even given enough of a shit about it to mention it to me or anyone else we hang out with.  Not much different than mentioning your SAT scores at a dinner party. 
zhinkk

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:02:15 AM

I really like the potential of having a marketplace attached to a crypto. Now just make a crypti = 1 ton of fertilizer, and even if things don't work out, you can still say this coin is worth shit!

Lol funny joke. But I don't necessarily agree with only having one marketplace being the designated "market". There needs to be more decentralization than that.
baby222

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:06:48 AM

Grin  wish people don't cry cry cry
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:07:30 AM

Anyone bragging about being in Mensa is a total douche.  Not envy either.  Not to mention, the smartest guys I know (most of whom are likely in mensa) have probably never even given enough of a shit about it to mention it to me or anyone else we hang out with.  Not much different than mentioning your SAT scores at a dinner party. 

It sounds cheap when someone brings it himself.

It sounds cool when another person asks: "holy crap man, are you Mensa member by any chance?". And he says: "well, I am  Roll Eyes".

samsmith16

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 04:46:26 AM

The list so far.. Lets see some more

Cryptoshi

Cryptishi

Cryptite

Crypton

Royalties
johnd7

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:49:35 AM

Cryptoshi

Cryptishi

Cryptite

Crypton

Cryptonit
Cryptoner lol so many variation
samsmith16

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 04:55:10 AM

hahah this is sorta trip'd out.. posted in 2013

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/crypti

Royalties
samsmith16

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 05:15:58 AM

0.00000001 Crypti = 1
Cryptoshi

Cryptishi

Cryptite

Crypton

Cryptonit

Cryptoner

Royalties
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: