Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:15:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 [1017] 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984113 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mill0601
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 11:59:40 AM

now maybe i'm behind in all the goings on here, but is there a decision and breakdown of said decision on what the remaining coins are earmarked for?

i did see something on the nem forum, but yeah seemed unrealistic figures for such small time things as android wallets etc, so i guessed it wasn't a set in stone breakdown? ie why be in such a hurry to get rid of coins on projects and thus massively devalue xem?

This is the blog you are looking for to get you up to date. http://blog.nem.io/update-sustainability-fund-final-redemption-numbers/

We spent a lot of time trying to be very careful and transparent as possible as we planned this. There are links for the accounts that go to the block explorer.  The main account that has been spent from is the mobile/NCC fund of which more than half is left, and we have almost finished paying for the apps so the good news is our budget worked out fine and will be able to continue to support development after the apps are released.

On that note. A new iOS version was released today. Testing is going well.  It is now more about working out the last bugs and getting the final tweaks in at this point. It's been a long 9 months. Much longer than we first thought.

yes i've seen the breakdown, very surprising, the amounts given for each venture  Shocked  in my thinking significantly devalues the currency (not that giving it away, and much of that being gamed already didn't).

and why the hurry? like a global supply of currency should at minimum be kept funding the projects for a decade +.....if the goal is a usable global currency, and i would have thought the reason why there is so many billions of XEM is for that purpose?

i mean 329,599,242.98 XEM simply for a mobile app  Huh

also is the funds in each category going into the various developers pockets? so therefore simply to be dumped on the market in order to receive remuneration?

Jesus that greatly devalues xem. Not to mention yes it will be dumped and absolutely destroy the price.

Lets say they could sell it all at current price that would be $37000 for a mobile app? Absolutely rediculous. Xem is over this is the nail in the coffin.

❘|❘ ICONOMI Fund Management Platform
LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 12:04:39 PM

now maybe i'm behind in all the goings on here, but is there a decision and breakdown of said decision on what the remaining coins are earmarked for?

i did see something on the nem forum, but yeah seemed unrealistic figures for such small time things as android wallets etc, so i guessed it wasn't a set in stone breakdown? ie why be in such a hurry to get rid of coins on projects and thus massively devalue xem?

This is the blog you are looking for to get you up to date. http://blog.nem.io/update-sustainability-fund-final-redemption-numbers/

We spent a lot of time trying to be very careful and transparent as possible as we planned this. There are links for the accounts that go to the block explorer.  The main account that has been spent from is the mobile/NCC fund of which more than half is left, and we have almost finished paying for the apps so the good news is our budget worked out fine and will be able to continue to support development after the apps are released.

On that note. A new iOS version was released today. Testing is going well.  It is now more about working out the last bugs and getting the final tweaks in at this point. It's been a long 9 months. Much longer than we first thought.

yes i've seen the breakdown, very surprising, the amounts given for each venture  Shocked  in my thinking significantly devalues the currency (not that giving it away, and much of that being gamed already didn't).

and why the hurry? like a global supply of currency should at minimum be kept funding the projects for a decade +.....if the goal is a usable global currency, and i would have thought the reason why there is so many billions of XEM is for that purpose?

also is the funds in each category going into the various developers pockets? so therefore simply to be dumped on the market in order to receive remuneration?

Jesus that greatly devalues xem. Not to mention yes it will be dumped and absolutely destroy the price.

Lets say they could sell it all at current price that would be $37000 for a mobile app? Absolutely rediculous. Xem is over this is the nail in the coffin.

Just shows that you have no idea how much something like that costs. I've seen WAY MORE expensive apps. It sounds a lot but it really isn't all that much. It should have been out months ago but that's about all the criticism one can have right now. The price is absolutely sensible.

Also the market situation is always being considered when XEM are sold. Noone is going to dump huge amounts to pay for somehing.

rtrtcrypto

Activity: 627
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 06:40:28 PM

this project is in deep trouble... lots of pipe dreams.

Leadership feels totally discombobulated.
zanzibar

Activity: 715

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 06:50:19 PM

The problem is the project was dependent on popularity and usage via fair distribution, which didn't really do anything but create a bunch of sellers who were happy to sell their free stake for anything. You have anonymous developers who can't market their product because they are anonymous.  NEM offers new development and POI, but no one really seems to care.  It's a bummer cause I like the project, but right now I see BTC, ETH, and maybe a few others will survive the Alt coin bubble.  I have a lot of NEM, but I'm not sure I can even sell it at this point.
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 07:47:33 PM

The problem is the project was dependent on popularity and usage via fair distribution, which didn't really do anything but create a bunch of sellers who were happy to sell their free stake for anything. You have anonymous developers who can't market their product because they are anonymous.  NEM offers new development and POI, but no one really seems to care.  It's a bummer cause I like the project, but right now I see BTC, ETH, and maybe a few others will survive the Alt coin bubble.  I have a lot of NEM, but I'm not sure I can even sell it at this point.

While it is taking long, at least wait until version 1.0 comes out and see what kind of reaction the market gets.  The devs are still working.
This along with DragonFlypay/Mijin are very promising projects.  Blockchain tech is where everything is going.

ETH raised over 15 million, so it is somewhat expected to be hyped about.
Their command line interface is somewhat underwhelming, & they don't even have an official wallet yet, and state
you're download it at your own risk  Shocked
https://www.ethereum.org/ether 

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
rtrtcrypto

Activity: 627

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 08:14:13 PM

ETH has hundreds of people working on it 24/7! Forget wallet and GUI and whatever... that stuff will come.

NEM better be doing amazing things in stealth. Pareto is owning the project's main "calling" card... which should have been obvious to everyone as the likely outcome.

While it is taking long, at least wait until version 1.0 comes out and see what kind of reaction the market gets.  The devs are still working.
This along with DragonFlypay/Mijin are very promising projects.  Blockchain tech is where everything is going.

Their command line interface is somewhat underwhelming, & they don't even have an official wallet yet, and state
zanzibar

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 09:16:09 PM

I'd like to believe but I think the entire crypto market will see serious consolidation next year.  Just look at Nxt, they have some pretty incredible features, dedicated marketing, but the price just drops.  It's sad, but there really isn't room for other crypto.  I'm not a day trader, so probably best just to convert everything to BTC and wait it out.
dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2015, 09:17:10 PM

Those that warned everyone was called a troll and/or a whale. The developers killed this coin by refusing to market it and making up fake projects and delayed delay delay and hope for a bubble so they could cash out. Well that bubble/pump never came lol.

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
zanzibar

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 09:36:21 PM

Just sold everything I have (at a loss).  Good luck to everyone and the project, I'm going outside  Smiley
dandruff1138

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2015, 09:42:21 PM

Just sold everything I have (at a loss).  Good luck to everyone and the project, I'm going outside  Smiley

Yeah I am out too, already making some of my loss back on gridcoin and waiting for another ETH rally.. Jump while you still can.

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)

Trollollo

Activity: 539

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 09:49:09 PM

Welcome back TROLLS! Grin Grin Grin

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
dandruff1138

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2015, 09:50:47 PM

Have you even bothered to read the last few pages of this thread? This project is  D E A D

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)

pgb

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 09:53:04 PM

Thanks Man for those 4m at 25sat!! Good Luck in your endevours  Wink

NEM : TAFTFJ-JJ4XTW-FNYZU7-HZR2Y2-RXIKEW-QIOWFJ-WM4N
Trollollo

Activity: 539

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 09:56:09 PM

Have you even bothered to read the last few pages of this thread? This project is  D E A D
Then tell me why,when trolls are coming back to this tread,buy orders are growing,and sell orders are dropping down? Grin Grin Grin
And yes,I know what I answered to troll Grin

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
dandruff1138

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2015, 10:03:08 PM

Then tell me why,when trolls are coming back to this tread,buy orders are growing,and sell orders are dropping down? Grin Grin Grin

LOL you people never learn. I know you are embarrassed you fell for this hype, I am embarrassed too. Just let it go man XEM is D E A D ! We hit the Deadcat bounce in late October, now it is just bagholders selling to bagholders. It is a circle jerk of people buying cheap coins that will never sell. Look at DOGE, look at Reddcoin, Look at NXT, you are falling into THE SAME PATTERN!

The crypto world has moved on my friend, let this be your final warning for now. Hopefully I will find the energy to remember to come back here every so often and save any gullible new people from falling for this tired game...

Move on to another coin.

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)

greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 11:03:45 PM

Move on to another coin.

oh the irony  Grin

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 11:04:58 PM

NEM and NXT are some of the best "coins" or crypto platforms out there!

All the trolls love to give them a hard time, some of these trolls are clearly supporters of Eth or other coins,they see it as a big threat.

Just hit ignore!  Grin

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 11:08:59 PM

We spent a lot of time trying to be very careful and transparent as possible as we planned this. There are links for the accounts that go to the block explorer.  The main account that has been spent from is the mobile/NCC fund of which more than half is left, and we have almost finished paying for the apps so the good news is our budget worked out fine and will be able to continue to support development after the apps are released.

On that note. A new iOS version was released today. Testing is going well.  It is now more about working out the last bugs and getting the final tweaks in at this point. It's been a long 9 months. Much longer than we first thought.

yes i've seen the breakdown, very surprising, the amounts given for each venture  Shocked  in my thinking significantly devalues the currency (not that giving it away, and much of that being gamed already didn't).

i mean 329,599,242.98 XEM simply for a mobile app  Huh

Just shows that you have no idea how much something like that costs. I've seen WAY MORE expensive apps. It sounds a lot but it really isn't all that much. It should have been out months ago but that's about all the criticism one can have right now. The price is absolutely sensible.

Also the market situation is always being considered when XEM are sold. Noone is going to dump huge amounts to pay for somehing.

mines no troll it was a genuine response not based at all on any fiat price but based around the cost in terms of the entire supply of XEM, paying that much of the total supply of what is designed to be a global currency is a serious concern., and does undermine XEM potential as a global currency (just as any insta/premine for development does in normal pow coins)
b1007

Activity: 404

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 11:21:23 PM

37k for a mobile app?  Shocked Huh Well definitely want to see some real updates before I invest any further in NEM, this sounds a bit scammy and disappointing. I've red the White Paper and it was so beautifull, consistent and eloquent, but these kind of actions make me seriously doubt the intentions of the devs. Do they want to create a legimite worldwide economic blockchain platform, or do they just want to grab the money and gtfo?

Any big updates coming for NEM? When and what are they about?

I like to speculate
Nortan12rx

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

Nordway

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 11:38:25 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2015, 11:49:39 PM by Nortan12rx

xem it's fuel for new world economy.
you understand?

and in new world economy fuel it has to all cost not much and be available.

how you suspect why nem finansial systems are created and various fiat currency will be introduced in nem crypto platform? that xem was their fuel!

all this says that old financial system with dollar remains and xem doesn't fight against dollar and all fiat currencies. xem as fuel finds irreplaceable and important place among various fiat currencies.

in it xem role also consists in all new world economy. and today xem price will down to 20 sats, it can't but please whole world! because xem fuel for new world economy has to cost not much very much. cheaper costs in xem price, cheaper in price international money transfers in various fiat currencies which will be present on crypto platform nem will cost.

thanks for that price fell! i so am glad to it because i can buy more xem for my 5 usd and for international money transfers of low xem price it very well now. xem it's not global currency. xem it's fuel for global fiat currencies!
Pages: « 1 ... 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 [1017] 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: