Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 02:31:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 [1018] 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984060 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Nortan12rx

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

Nordway

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 01:02:21 AM

kelsey, why xem shouldn't position itself as one more global currency? yes because world doesn't need one more global currency! if to position xem as one more global currency that is war against dollar and banks. if you create one more global currency, automatically you join in competitive fight between all global currency. this way deadlock because all of us know who will win this competitive fight. it's American dollar as behind it there is a huge political power and military force. all same people consider cost of goods in dollars even when pay off by means of global cryptocurrency. therefore to us from dollar not to leave anywhere. we want that or we don't want, without our consent, price will be always attached to dollar. therefore as i consider, we don't need to position ourselves as one more next global currency and to enter competitive fight of global currency. we need to take place, the niche at which we wouldn't enter wars with banks in all new world economy and wouldn't oppose dollar because they will crush us if we try to compete with dollar that already now and occurs - price falls constantly down just because of that that xem chose a wrong and failure way to become one more global currency and to join in competitive fight against banks and dollar. at such deals there will be an eternal unacknowledgment and pressure up to elimination. we need other way. this way has to be not war, not competition, not opposition and cooperation, a compromise, and association. how it can be reached? xem has to become fuel for new world economy. we shouldn't come to banks that those added xem as payment, and they have to come to us to our crypto platform nem and be integrated completely to us. thus we don't enter war of global currency, and at same time xem becomes vital for a world financial system and fuel banks. without xem as fuel any dollar transaction in the world won't go. to send international money transfer from Germany to USA it is necessary to pay fee at a rate of 1 xem. you want that or you don't want, you will pay fee for transfer of global fiat currency at a rate of 1 xem for each transaction. here than i suggest to become xem. not global currency and xem fuel for new world economy. especially as block chain tech ranked as quantum jump recently. and xem as fuel but not as one more global currency will give to dollar this quantum jump when it is transferred through crypto platform nem to any point of the world with the minimum almost zero fees at a rate of 1 xem.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nortan12rx

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

Nordway

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 01:20:40 AM

xem- fuel of world economy
Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 05:15:28 AM

LOL .. the word "fuel" is stolen from ethereum. Plus funny usage of "world economy" when you have no market share and no buyers

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
Eadeqa

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 05:24:06 AM

now maybe i'm behind in all the goings on here, but is there a decision and breakdown of said decision on what the remaining coins are earmarked for?

i did see something on the nem forum, but yeah seemed unrealistic figures for such small time things as android wallets etc, so i guessed it wasn't a set in stone breakdown? ie why be in such a hurry to get rid of coins on projects and thus massively devalue xem?

This is the blog you are looking for to get you up to date. http://blog.nem.io/update-sustainability-fund-final-redemption-numbers/

We spent a lot of time trying to be very careful and transparent as possible as we planned this. There are links for the accounts that go to the block explorer.  The main account that has been spent from is the mobile/NCC fund of which more than half is left, and we have almost finished paying for the apps so the good news is our budget worked out fine and will be able to continue to support development after the apps are released.

On that note. A new iOS version was released today. Testing is going well.  It is now more about working out the last bugs and getting the final tweaks in at this point. It's been a long 9 months. Much longer than we first thought.

yes i've seen the breakdown, very surprising, the amounts given for each venture  Shocked  in my thinking significantly devalues the currency (not that giving it away, and much of that being gamed already didn't).

and why the hurry? like a global supply of currency should at minimum be kept funding the projects for a decade +.....if the goal is a usable global currency, and i would have thought the reason why there is so many billions of XEM is for that purpose?

i mean 329,599,242.98 XEM simply for a mobile app  Huh

also is the funds in each category going into the various developers pockets? so therefore simply to be dumped on the market in order to receive remuneration?

Jesus that greatly devalues xem. Not to mention yes it will be dumped and absolutely destroy the price.

Didn't I say this will happen when  developers confiscated all the unclaimed funds instead of destroying them? It's just the beginning. Watch prices drop down further to under 10 sat  in the next 12 months.

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
Eadeqa

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 05:30:33 AM

ETH raised over 15 million, so it is somewhat expected to be hyped about.
Their command line interface is somewhat underwhelming, & they don't even have an official wallet yet, and state
you're download it at your own risk  Shocked
https://www.ethereum.org/ether 

And despite that they have very high volume. Imagine when they have official client and non-beta release. They probably will overtake BTC. Nem can only go down from here, not up.

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 05:45:40 AM

ETH raised over 15 million, so it is somewhat expected to be hyped about.
Their command line interface is somewhat underwhelming, & they don't even have an official wallet yet, and state
you're download it at your own risk  Shocked
https://www.ethereum.org/ether 

And despite that they have very high volume. Imagine when they have official client and non-beta release. They probably will overtake BTC. Nem can only go down from here, not up.

Actually a great time to buy NEM, as the downside is limited Smiley

ETH still down about 70% from its high  Shocked

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 08:09:23 AM

37k for a mobile app?  Shocked Huh Well definitely want to see some real updates before I invest any further in NEM, this sounds a bit scammy and disappointing. I've red the White Paper and it was so beautifull, consistent and eloquent, but these kind of actions make me seriously doubt the intentions of the devs. Do they want to create a legimite worldwide economic blockchain platform, or do they just want to grab the money and gtfo?

Any big updates coming for NEM? When and what are they about?

What are you talking about ? You realize those 37k are for a thirdparty that is developing the app right ? As in a company where people work that develop apps for a living ?

Get real people...Some things cost money and like i said...it's not that much by comparison.

nembit86

Activity: 588

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 08:29:23 AM

if NEM is dead ,why do you guys keep trolling this thread ? my thoughts are that you know there are projects going on and you just want to encourage people to sell so you can pick up cheap XEM.....very clever guys...

DO NOT SELL your XEM ....... you WILL regret it if you do.........!!!!!!!

the headwinds are dying down......crypto and NEM will benefit in the not too distant future.....

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
b1007

Activity: 404

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 09:31:57 AM

37k for a mobile app?  Shocked Huh Well definitely want to see some real updates before I invest any further in NEM, this sounds a bit scammy and disappointing. I've red the White Paper and it was so beautifull, consistent and eloquent, but these kind of actions make me seriously doubt the intentions of the devs. Do they want to create a legimite worldwide economic blockchain platform, or do they just want to grab the money and gtfo?

What are you talking about ? You realize those 37k are for a thirdparty that is developing the app right ? As in a company where people work that develop apps for a living ?

Get real people...Some things cost money and like i said...it's not that much by comparison.

Okay so what's the app all about actually?

I like to speculate
patmast3r

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 09:45:40 AM

It's a mobile wallet.
-You can send, receive XEM (duh!).
-You can use it as 2FA for your wallet. I.e. have a multi-sig account and have one signatory in the app. So you can issue a tx from PC and then confirm it on mobile.
-QR export and import
-kind of an invoice system (also via QR)
-contacts

prob a bunch of other stuff I'm missing right now and obviously way more features planned (including mosaics).

Let me speed the conversation along...

Very basic features, this shouldn't be taking so long.

Yes, it has taken way longer than it should have. Noone is happy about that.

No ETA on release but everyone can join slack/telegram and become a tester

b1007

Activity: 404

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 10:01:31 AM
Last edit: June 10, 2019, 11:52:46 PM by b1007

37k for a mobile app?  Shocked Huh Well definitely want to see some real updates before I invest any further in NEM, this sounds a bit scammy and disappointing. I've red the White Paper and it was so beautifull, consistent and eloquent, but these kind of actions make me seriously doubt the intentions of the devs. Do they want to create a legimite worldwide economic blockchain platform, or do they just want to grab the money and gtfo?

It's a mobile wallet.
-You can use it as 2FA for your wallet. I.e. have a multi-sig account and have one signatory in the app. So you can issue a tx from PC and then confirm it on mobile.
-QR export and import
-contacts

prob a bunch of other stuff I'm missing right now and obviously way more features planned (including mosaics).

I still think it's way too expensive

I like to speculate
patmast3r

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 10:40:10 AM
Last edit: November 18, 2015, 10:51:22 AM by patmast3r

37k for a mobile app?  Shocked Huh Well definitely want to see some real updates before I invest any further in NEM, this sounds a bit scammy and disappointing. I've red the White Paper and it was so beautifull, consistent and eloquent, but these kind of actions make me seriously doubt the intentions of the devs. Do they want to create a legimite worldwide economic blockchain platform, or do they just want to grab the money and gtfo?

It's a mobile wallet.
-QR export and import
-contacts

I still think it's way too expensive, for comparison, the Gulden devs started a whole company for only 1k in Gulden, they have lots and lots of updates free of charge, they built apps which you can use to pay everywhere where bitcoin is already accepted for only about 0.5 k, Just a mobile app for 37k sorry that is ridiculous in my opinion, I will not invest any further in this thing untill the first big real value projects are being released and I advise all others to take the same attitude, to me it sounds like a very risky enterprise...

Looking at the premine list of gulden the app is mentioned like 10k times and also seems to have been community funded. Not exactly for free either is it ?

https://developer.gulden.com/premine/

Have you ever been involved in getting an app developed for professional usage by customers ? I have, multiple times in the company I work for and that price is relatively reasonable.

Of course it's a risky enterprise.

mill0601
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 11:42:22 AM

It's a mobile wallet.
-QR export and import
-contacts

I still think it's way too expensive, for comparison, the Gulden devs started a whole company for only 1k in Gulden, they have lots and lots of updates free of charge, they built apps which you can use to pay everywhere where bitcoin is already accepted for only about 0.5 k, Just a mobile app for 37k sorry that is ridiculous in my opinion, I will not invest any further in this thing untill the first big real value projects are being released and I advise all others to take the same attitude, to me it sounds like a very risky enterprise...

Looking at the premine list of gulden the app is mentioned like 10k times and also seems to have been community funded. Not exactly for free either is it ?

https://developer.gulden.com/premine/

Have you ever been involved in getting an app developed for professional usage by customers ? I have, multiple times in the company I work for and that price is relatively reasonable.

Of course it's a risky enterprise.

I live in one of the most expensive cities in the world and an app like this would be 5k maybe 7k tops. And it would definitely not take 9 months.

❘|❘ ICONOMI Fund Management Platform
LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2015, 01:16:41 PM

LOL .. the word "fuel" is stolen from ethereum. Plus funny usage of "world economy" when you have no market share and no buyers

if at all the word "fuel" its stolen borrowed from fuelcoin
ethereum use the word "gas"

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
patmast3r

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 01:41:59 PM

this just in: The app costs around 20k and is almost entirely paid for already.

Eadeqa

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 01:52:11 PM

If nem was such a "fuel" for world economy, people would write apps for it without getting paid by nem developers. They would make profit by either selling that app or other means (adds) like most other app developers do. Many people writing software/apps for bitcoin (and now ethereum) don't get paid by bitcoin foundation or ethereum developers. They see a future in it and are speculators who think it's the right investment in time/money.

Like all said months ago, close to 50% of nem weren't even distributed, so market cap was totally fake,  and the prices could only go down (not up) as these coins are dumped in months and years.

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2015, 02:26:06 PM

this just in: The app costs around 20k and is almost entirely paid for already.

I would like to bring some clarity about the app.  Lots of information is being thrown around that is not accurate. 

First, there is not one app, there are two.  One is being written for Android and the other in iOS, so there are two teams, working in two languages for two different platforms and having to coordinate to make this a cross platform set of apps.   

Second, NEM is 100% new code.  If NEM was a Bitcoin clone, we could also clone some previously made Bitcoin app and rebrand it as our own.  That is not the case.  These apps are being written from scratch too and are doing a pretty amazing job of working with the system that is also new. 

Third, these apps will be open-sourced, so they aren't just an app, they will be a tool for third party devs to fork and build on NEM.  We are doing the hard part so that in the future others can get their specialized NEM app done for cheap. 

Additionally, during the course of making these apps, Apple upgraded to Swift 2, so then the iOS app was upgraded to this language.  This is a great thing because Swift 2 as a language will not just be used to make iOS apps, but also apps for the Mac app store. Likewise a Windows app store will enable porting of Android apps into Windows at some point.  While there is no plans to get these apps on the Mac app store or Windows app store at this time, that is a longer range possibility.  First we are just looking at getting them launched on iOS and Android. 

Fourth, due to the scope of these apps and the work involved building new apps for a new blockchain, we actually got a good deal.  There were many different professional app companies contacted and other estimates were a lot higher.  (In hindsight, had we taken the higher priced devs, we would already have the app by now, but that is how it goes.)

Lastly, the app costs just over 20k and is mostly paid off. 

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2015, 02:39:44 PM

There are things in the works.  If/when they are finalized, they will be announced.  The same quality of work that went into the white paper is going into other things.  Many platforms don't even have a good white paper.  I would actually like to see a single white paper written better than NEM's.  I have read A LOT and haven't see one yet. 

NEM devs haven't sold any of there XEM, if anything they actually own more.  Actually, most people involved in NEM already had good jobs and are professionals. 

Trolls on here keep on saying that things are dead or that people are cheating.  Things couldn't be further from the truth.  There is a lot of hard work being put into this platform.  For those that aren't sticking around, it is there loss. 

In the land of alts, platform after platform has oversold, over hyped, and just plain lied to the communities.  People are use to a Paycoin bar where some new thing comes in and promises the world.  Well, those are scams.  In the real world of real blockchains the real deals and real development is actually quite a task. We are taking a much more conservative approach.  The world will see the finished products to come when the curtain is pulled back and people can judge them then.  But let me mind you what has been done so far. 

- A new consensus mechanism called POI which is affected by an accounts stake and reputation in the economy.

- First ever P2P time sync of nodes. (great for security of the chain)

- First use of the Eigentrust++ as a security clustering algorithm so nodes can give reputation in to their neighbors in clusters, making it very difficult for a node to give false information consistently to the network. (great for security of the network)

- First use of remote (proxy mining) harvesting, where by another person’s node can be used to form blocks for your account. All done safely and that other node doesn’t ever get to see any of the fee rewards even though it was the one that pushed the block to the network. (great for security of the user)

- A new kind of transaction spam that. It targets the specific accounts doing the spamming and raises their transaction fees, while letting the global transaction fee rate stay low. (good for the chain)

- First blockchain with a multisig 2.0 protocol. NEM’s version of multisig doesn’t make new accounts for a multisig address, instead it takes an existing account and makes a contract over it with other accounts. This form of multi-user accounts can make any form of M of N with ease and can also can have the M or the N edited with ease as it is simply just updating the meta data of the blockchain based contract. This form of multisig also has block chain based notifications so transactions or updates of the M of N are pushed to the wallets as transactions to sign. (great security and ease of use for the user. simply the easiest and most flexible multisig in crypto)

- NEM also has many other features that it was not first, but are still important.
Messaging, which can be done unencrypted/encrypted/hex. (great for users and programmers)

- A token feature where accounts can hash data to receive a token for proof of existence.

- Any wallet may interact with any node on the network safely. (wow!)

- A large and fairly even distribution. (This ultimately leads to much better marketcap)

- Mosaics, the most advanced token creation feature in crypto allowing many advanced 2.0 features when creating personalized blockchain based tokens such as mutable, immutable, capped, not capped, divisible, not divisible, ability to be bagged with other tokens, levies, are already coded and someday more features like smart contracts inside of tokens and so on. (great for businesses)

- A long with this, NEM will also release its new naming service, Namespace, that should also be the most advanced and most integrated naming service of any blockchain. (great for reputation)

- We have our mobile apps which are in late stage of development and will be open sourced. This will allow third party devs to fork them and build their own applications on them.

- Soon to release Node Rewards.

- And........ EASY to use universal APIs. This means it is a great platform for businesses to build their applications on. Here is an example. The NEM faucet is actually a multisig distributed faucet, probably the first of its kind. It filters for addresses, amounts, frequency, and has things like daily limits. And since the operations of the faucet are split up across multiple separated nodes which only communicate via the blockchain, it makes it very hard to hack or steal from.  http://bob.nem.ninja/docs/ 
http://nem.io/ncc/index.html

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2015, 02:43:11 PM

The problem is the project was dependent on popularity and usage via fair distribution, which didn't really do anything but create a bunch of sellers who were happy to sell their free stake for anything. You have anonymous developers who can't market their product because they are anonymous.  NEM offers new development and POI, but no one really seems to care.  It's a bummer cause I like the project, but right now I see BTC, ETH, and maybe a few others will survive the Alt coin bubble.  I have a lot of NEM, but I'm not sure I can even sell it at this point.

Anonymous?  Really?

You can listen to use using our real names and real voices here.  https://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/lets-talk-bitcoin-247-understanding-the-new-economy-movement My real phone number is on the press releases.  Makoto has been in the newspapers in Japan weekly and regularly has his picture taken and speaks in front of people each week.  He just spoke at a major conference this week, and that was not anything new for him.  

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2015, 02:48:50 PM

Jabo, what about new version of NIS/NCC/Mosaic ? Any progress, any ETAs ? I don't see any info nor here, nor on forum.nem.io ... thanks for any hope to our NEMsouls ;-)

Hi, Mixmaster has been the primary author and an in depth review and make over of a new NCC report.  He spent a few weeks with ideas and then discussing them with us.  Reverend has begun work on coding it.  Mixmaster has made A LOT of changes and given Rev quite a bit of work to do, luckily he is a skilled coder.  If we can get all of them done by the time mosaics/namespaces are released, I think people will be quite pleased.  I know I have always been ho hum about NCC and many other team members were too, but pretty much everything that I didn't like has been redone.  

Pages: « 1 ... 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 [1018] 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: