Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:21:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 [1535] 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984384 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
samysamy1

Activity: 490
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 06:35:16 PM

First of all I am very proud to be a NEM hodler since the beginning. I had many doubts because of the slow progress but I have never sold big amounts. The doubt has gone away ( at least the most ) but I am still wondering why the development progress of the software is so slow. The current version is 0.6.87. And there was less action on the github repository compared to the value of this project. I found less information about a roadmap with dates ( or at least roughly release dates like QX 201X ). Any information that would eliminate my remaining doubts?

They are too busy developing and testing Catapult. It is true that there is no much NEM news recently. But this is good for the community to grow while XEM is still cheap. Once recent news will start to appear the price will skyrocket. Which is not good in terms of community growth. It is better for NEM to rise gradually while gaining more users everyday.

Well Etherium and Ripple came around the same time as Nem, but they are running pretty hard in price with a large community. Apparently there is something wrong with us.
franc0

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Hire me! Spanish translator and community manager!

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 06:44:02 PM

Low volume compared to the other top 3 coins. We need more exchanges to allow XEM trading

I'm a professional Spanish translator. Projects like WePower, Envion, Atlant, etc. Among others... are part of my portfolio. Hire me or sign me up as a bounty participant for your project!
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 06:46:02 PM

Low volume compared to the other top 3 coins. We need more exchanges to allow XEM trading

It's always the way. Volume comes in waves, then it goes back to sleep again. I hope it manage to keep enough action going this time. It went from thousands last June back to 50-100 per day afterwards. It's just another pump and dump coin to most people out there.
jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 06:58:18 PM

"NEM was initially developed and introduced in Japan by Makoto Takemiya"
Maybe the point is in the words "in Japan"

Here's a question I've often wondered, why is someone with that name a cracker?

Which cases/links you are referring to?

He is referring to a profile picture, Makoto is a white guy.

Probably mixed race, Caucasian and Japanese.

link Wink to the picture?
nemwanderer

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 09:19:15 PM

Ugh this is killing me!

I know it shouldn't-NEM has already exploded in value and I've done well on it. And I'm a long-term investor so I'm committed to staying in for at least a year and a half.

The current price action is discouraging though-and as gentlemand pointed out it's annoying that NEM isn't getting the hype it deserves compared to Ethereum, Ripple, etc.

jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 09:35:48 PM

Ugh this is killing me!

I know it shouldn't-NEM has already exploded in value and I've done well on it. And I'm a long-term investor so I'm committed to staying in for at least a year and a half.

The current price action is discouraging though-and as gentlemand pointed out it's annoying that NEM isn't getting the hype it deserves compared to Ethereum, Ripple, etc.

what kind of "hype" ?

Maybe the crypto currency (without significant news) has only the same 2 elements that the stock markets have. Those elements are FEAR and GREED.

When looking the price curve for the last month in Poloniex, it seems that some traders or stake holders are now moving to the FEAR's side. They have "gained" some riches during the last 2 weeks, but now they fear that they will lose it - unless they sell XEMs and change their wealth to FIAT. Their GREEDY expectations have no longer power to look the account's balance and hold it. The FEAR of loss is too strong.

pfrtlpfmpf

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 10:51:05 PM

Ugh this is killing me!

what kind of "hype" ?

Maybe the crypto currency (without significant news) has only the same 2 elements that the stock markets have. Those elements are FEAR and GREED.

When looking the price curve for the last month in Poloniex, it seems that some traders or stake holders are now moving to the FEAR's side. They have "gained" some riches during the last 2 weeks, but now they fear that they will lose it - unless they sell XEMs and change their wealth to FIAT. Their GREEDY expectations have no longer power to look the account's balance and hold it. The FEAR of loss is too strong.

I like your approach, no lines and fibonacci and complicated stuff, which often surprises to not being accurate.
It boils down to fear and greed and psychology.

But you forgot the "herd mentality", as third emotion, especially in Asia  Smiley

Anyway, i´m facing my fear and hodling. Oh, and what also works out for me, is, to be a "contrarian".
Would be interesting to know, which came out on top: Blindly follow the herd, or just be contrarian blindly as well . . .

lx001

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 11:07:57 PM

Ugh this is killing me!

Remember the pump last year? Honestly I thought it wont go any higher anytime soon. Look at where it is now. Give it more time, Xem actually still has the best ROI among altcoins (from January 2016 till today)

Loads of projects are based on ethereum but there are none on Nem
BTCXRPTalk

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 11:16:32 PM

Ugh this is killing me!

Remember the pump last year? Honestly I thought it wont go any higher anytime soon. Look at where it is now. Give it more time, Xem actually still has the best ROI among altcoins (from January 2016 till today)

Isn't that a big problem? When will projects start to come out?
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 12:23:52 AM

Ugh this is killing me!

There are big projects underway, ecobit, xarcade, apostille, chronobank, landstead etc.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
BTCXRPTalk

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 12:24:52 AM

Ugh this is killing me!

There are big projects underway, ecobit, xarcade, apostille, chronobank, landstead etc.

sounds good  Smiley
pfrtlpfmpf

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 12:39:34 AM
Last edit: May 26, 2017, 01:22:43 AM by pfrtlpfmpf

Ugh this is killing me!

We had a gigantic rise without these projects actually being alive yet.
Imagine, what will happen, once they are ! Patience.

To kill time until then, you can read this amusing thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1927404.0

Just a little critic though: "Apostille" sounds like cough medicine Smiley
(edit: well, in a wider sense, it is just that, anyway . . . )

TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 03:27:53 AM

First of all I am very proud to be a NEM hodler since the beginning. I had many doubts because of the slow progress but I have never sold big amounts. The doubt has gone away ( at least the most ) but I am still wondering why the development progress of the software is so slow. The current version is 0.6.87. And there was less action on the github repository compared to the value of this project. I found less information about a roadmap with dates ( or at least roughly release dates like QX 201X ). Any information that would eliminate my remaining doubts?

They are too busy developing and testing Catapult. It is true that there is no much NEM news recently. But this is good for the community to grow while XEM is still cheap. Once recent news will start to appear the price will skyrocket. Which is not good in terms of community growth. It is better for NEM to rise gradually while gaining more users everyday.

Well Etherium and Ripple came around the same time as Nem, but they are running pretty hard in price with a large community. Apparently there is something wrong with us.

Not true about Ripple.  Ripple's been around since 2003.  They also had crypto stuff out back in 2013-2014.  Roger Ver, although has since changed his mind, was shilling a lot for Ripple back in the day.

NEM didn't release until 2015.

Ripple and Ethereum have a lot in common in that they recruited big Bitcoin whales to shill for them (and these whales also had mega funds to manipulate the market capitalization).

NEM on the other hand, even to this day, has zero Bitcoin whales / "celebrities" backing it - especially American ones..  Go ahead and find me one.   I should point , although NEM is solidly in the top 5 now, none have spoken out in favour of NEM to this day.

NEM is arguably the most self-made alternate which didn't need whales to promote the project or to fund it.  The crypto establishment ("old money" / "dumb" whale money) never liked NEM.

Where NEM succeeded was new blood / new money in crypto and was very successful in Malaysia, Japan and Spain.  Now NEM is finally seeing a lot of traffic from the United States but again it's new blood.  The old money of crypto is sticking to Bitcoin / Ethereum / Ripple.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
pfrtlpfmpf

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 03:40:41 AM

Not true about Ripple.  Ripple's been around since 2003.  They also had crypto stuff out back in 2013-2014.  Roger Ver, although has since changed his mind, was shilling a lot for Ripple back in the day.

Ripple and Ethereum have a lot in common in that they recruited big Bitcoin whales to shill for them (and these whales also had mega funds to manipulate the market capitalization).

NEM on the other hand, even to this day, has zero Bitcoin whales / "celebrities" backing it - especially American ones..  Go ahead and find me one.   I should point , although NEM is solidly in the top 5 now, none have spoken out in favour of NEM to this day.

NEM is arguably the most self-made alternate which didn't need whales to promote the project or to fund it.  The crypto establishment ("old money" / "dumb" whale money) never liked NEM.

Where NEM succeeded was new blood / new money in crypto and was very successful in Malaysia, Japan and Spain.  Now NEM is finally seeing a lot of traffic from the United States but again it's new blood.  The old money of crypto is largely sticking to Bitcoin / Ethereum / Ripple.

I always liked the "blue ocean" approach, and that NEM is not a "blackanonymouscoin" !

sorrisoporcino

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 06:47:04 AM
Last edit: May 26, 2017, 07:16:18 AM by sorrisoporcino

Why nanowallet don't load today?  Huh

As a result 0 blockheight...  Huh

i use node go.nem, i change node and it's loaded...  Roll Eyes

I soldi non fanno la felicità, i bitcoin si.
pfrtlpfmpf

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 07:22:45 AM
Last edit: May 26, 2017, 08:18:49 AM by pfrtlpfmpf

In 3 days, i had delegated harvest-blocks, with 270 XEM in it, thats about 60 bucks now, in ones claw.
Thank you NEM (standalone wallet).

And i do a little "lending" on Poloniex (i know, risky), but if i eat "Mama"-Soup, i could live from that. At least, its not "under a bridge", for my old age. I´m humble  Smiley

No, guys, i´m kidding, i want it all, and i want it now !  Smiley   Smiley

kocodile

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 08:58:08 AM
Last edit: May 26, 2017, 09:11:03 AM by kocodile

check this very exciting news

https://qchain.co/files/Qchain_whitepaper.pdf

White Paper
                             Preliminary version to undergo further revision.
Qchain Team
May 25, 2017

Abstract
Qchain is an upcoming digital advertising and analytics platform that is being built on
the Ethereum and New Economy Movement (NEM) blockchains. It aims to facilitate
open, flexible, and inviolable transactions between advertisers and publishers through
the use of smart contracts. We bring together advertisers, individuals or companies
who want to market products and services to targeted populations, and publishers,
creators and curators of digital content who seek to monetize their online traffic.
suky321

Activity: 382
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 09:28:08 AM

In 3 days, i had delegated harvest-blocks, with 270 XEM in it, thats about 60 bucks now, in ones claw.
Thank you NEM (standalone wallet).

And i do a little "lending" on Poloniex (i know, risky), but if i eat "Mama"-Soup, i could live from that. At least, its not "under a bridge", for my old age. I´m humble  Smiley

No, guys, i´m kidding, i want it all, and i want it now !  Smiley   Smiley

I could live off Mama Noodles - Tom Yum.  Cheesy
suky321

Activity: 382
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 09:41:33 AM

Interesting info there Taunsew, thanks for sharing.

RE: "kill the Poles".

I think this is just a minority of people who have that view, mostly due to Poles taking menial jobs and undercutting wages.  Obviously good for businesses, but not so good for some "working class" people.

I don't think many of the "upper or middle classes" have the same view, as they're mostly sheltered from exposure to Poles.  Most Poles seem to live in the more "working class" areas, and where there are a lot of people on welfare etc. 

Part of the reason for Brexit was due to the this, as immigration from the EU had caused a lot of strain on public services, healthcare and education.  Would be interesting to see who is elected as Prime Minister on June 8th.
nemwanderer

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 09:55:42 AM

Where NEM succeeded was new blood / new money in crypto and was very successful in Malaysia, Japan and Spain.  Now NEM is finally seeing a lot of traffic from the United States but again it's new blood.  The old money of crypto is sticking to Bitcoin / Ethereum / Ripple.

Agreed-it's mostly seen adoption in Asia with Spain mixed in there too.

I think for the project to really take off, it needs to catch on in the west-American VC's etc-and to do so they need to market it a little more!
Pages: « 1 ... 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 [1535] 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: