Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 07:09:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 [1557] 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984252 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
lrntox

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 02:18:39 PM

Continue to maintain a good price rally,1$ soon Tongue
jyrvalor

Activity: 48
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 02:38:56 PM

Just to be clear......  Crypto Apex is in the process of winding down.

We are obviously dissapointed we didnt meet our aims and especially dissapointed that we didn`t deliver for the community.

Im not going to go into all the reasons why we were not successful but with all these new projects , some will succeed and some will not.

The fair thing to do is to return all the Xem to the community fund.
I think it's better if the community fund turns into a interest-free loan. If you complete the project you get to keep the payments otherwise you'll return it. Undecided
So that people get discouraged to apply if they can't calculate in their chances of success.

That might sound reasonable in theory but in practice who would want to try developing for the nem ecosystem if they were in a significant risk of getting into heavy debt were their project to fail?

The fund was never meant to be self sustaining. It's a limited fund that is supposed to be invested into the nem ecosystem and when it's gone it's gone.

In short term this might seem wasteful but if you look into the long term the larger the ecosystem is the more projects there are on the nem chain and the higher the market cap will go.

Higher market cap not only leads to more profits for investors but also increases the value of the other funds (marketing, core dev fund etc) (and the remaining community fund as well) and leads to more visibility which brings in new users and developers.

I would argue the ecosystem is almost the most important thing for a cryptocurrency and the more we "force" it's growth now the faster it will start to grow organically.

Just look at bitcoin - by today's standards bitcoin is a horrible cryptocurrency, it's extremely slow and expensive (hell just the other day it took me 25 minutes to get a transaction through with priority fee) so why is everyone still using it?

Because it has a massive ecosystem - so many projects, companies and users are running on bitcoin it's not going anywhere but up for now.

It won't matter one bit how great our tech is if we can't grow the ecosystem out of just the core investors and community - and that is exactly what the community fund is for.

nickelback65

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 04:37:14 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2017, 04:55:27 PM by nickelback65

At the very least the core developers of NEM/XEM should publicly weigh in on this project before a vote is taken:

1.  Will it benefit and support the NEM platform in the future?
2.  Is the cost of  this project reasonable as presented.
3.  Will the value of XEM increase for shareholders with its' implementation?

Most of us can only speculate on the value and cost of this project and need the honest assessment of the NEM developers  to form an opinion.

NEM team hasn't a cristal ball to know the future for sure.

Anyway the president of NEM Foundation  (rockethead ) already expressed his thoughts about this project.

After rereading his response (Page 1640)  I will vote "yes" for the project.
gadado

Activity: 965
Merit: 515

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 05:13:57 PM

At the very least the core developers of NEM/XEM should publicly weigh in on this project before a vote is taken:

1.  Will it benefit and support the NEM platform in the future?
2.  Is the cost of  this project reasonable as presented.
3.  Will the value of XEM increase for shareholders with its' implementation?

Most of us can only speculate on the value and cost of this project and need the honest assessment of the NEM developers  to form an opinion.

NEM team hasn't a cristal ball to know the future for sure.

Anyway the president of NEM Foundation  (rockethead ) already expressed his thoughts about this project.

After rereading his response (Page 1640)  I will vote "yes" for the project.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.msg19398235#msg19398235

( Missed that post myself. Sounds good to me. )
Skelaton4

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 07:12:35 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2017, 07:26:28 PM by Skelaton4

For those accusing all of the new accounts as being shills for this project. Here I am on the richlist,

(2247) NC75UPG6OEGRMPK3DAMT4MSQTELMXDQKB6O75CK7

+ a ton more that I have on the exchanges.

I wanted to give my opinion on the project because, when you have many 1000's invested in a project, that is what you do.

I will cast my vote (yes) and let the chips fall as they may.
Sondey10mg

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 07:15:38 PM

For the benefit of all oldies and newbies, the atraura project is being proposed by an established nember. It is not some new company. They developed landstead.

The project is aimed at making onboarding easier as we work on our blue ocean approach with mainstreamers. It is an abstraction of the nem core solution. The current core developers will not have time or resources to do it.

It is basically a framework for easy development of applications. The framework will be open source and parked under the nem banner for anyone to use. There is no commercial interest in the project other than the cost to hire heads to do it.

Now, instead of ico, they are requesting aid from the community fund. It is not part of the foundation fund, which belongs to the original  core fund that will be donated to the foundation.

I would urge you to think properly rather than shooting into space with your comments without actually knowing the intents of the project. Whether it is worth 3m or 300k, it needs to be justified of course. But there is obvious need to make things easier for application programming and onboarding developers to write apps easily.

Currently it takes a mainstream guy about 1 month to know NEM application programming. We want to cut that down substantially. The framework is meant for that.

Unless you have worked on nem and know blockchain, as a mainstream programmer, it is hard to understand multisig, let alone programming it.

Framework is supposed to make it easier.

I believe they will have an AMA. Please avail yourselves with questions.

I'll vote yes.

*Image Removed*
 *Image Removed*
Scharfenberger

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 07:21:16 PM

'Yes' by my side, too!
gatilocoin

Activity: 116

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 07:24:23 PM

For those accusing all of the new accounts as being shills for this project. Here I am on the richlist,

(2247) NC75UPG6OEGRMPK3DAMT4MSQTELMXDQKB6O75CK7

+ a ton more that I have on the exchanges.

I wanted to give my opinion on the project because, when you have many 1000's invested in a project, that is what you do.

I will cast my vote and let the chips fall as they may.

If society does Nem not introduce new technologies in it, then competitors will, Nem leave  behind. This must be understood.
samysamy1

Activity: 490
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 08:05:18 PM

We are obviously dissapointed we didnt meet our aims and especially dissapointed that we didn`t deliver for the community.

Im not going to go into all the reasons why we were not successful but with all these new projects , some will succeed and some will not.

I think it's better if the community fund turns into a interest-free loan. If you complete the project you get to keep the payments otherwise you'll return it. Undecided
So that people get discouraged to apply if they can't calculate in their chances of success.

That might sound reasonable in theory but in practice who would want to try developing for the nem ecosystem if they were in a significant risk of getting into heavy debt were their project to fail?

The fund was never meant to be self sustaining. It's a limited fund that is supposed to be invested into the nem ecosystem and when it's gone it's gone.

In short term this might seem wasteful but if you look into the long term the larger the ecosystem is the more projects there are on the nem chain and the higher the market cap will go.

Higher market cap not only leads to more profits for investors but also increases the value of the other funds (marketing, core dev fund etc) (and the remaining community fund as well) and leads to more visibility which brings in new users and developers.

I would argue the ecosystem is almost the most important thing for a cryptocurrency and the more we "force" it's growth now the faster it will start to grow organically.

Just look at bitcoin - by today's standards bitcoin is a horrible cryptocurrency, it's extremely slow and expensive (hell just the other day it took me 25 minutes to get a transaction through with priority fee) so why is everyone still using it?

Because it has a massive ecosystem - so many projects, companies and users are running on bitcoin it's not going anywhere but up for now.

It won't matter one bit how great our tech is if we can't grow the ecosystem out of just the core investors and community - and that is exactly what the community fund is for.

I must admit that you have convinced me. It all makes total sense Cool
jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 08:19:01 PM

I must admit that you have convinced me. It all makes total sense Cool

so ... you too will soon write here a post with "I vote yes" ? Wink

I think that now we should not talk about ecosystems, when it is the question about one project, whose benefits are not yet clear. (ofc the ecosystem can be kept on the background, as a bigger goal)

When the voting starts ?   ... meaning how much time is left to read the specs?

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 08:39:40 PM

I have a tech support question that I posted on your forum last night. It would sure be great to get a response.

https://forum.nem.io/t/cant-harvest-with-nanowallet/5243
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 09:10:33 PM

now that the poloniex trollbox is gone, I think its safe to say that all pumps are over for all alts lol

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
pfrtlpfmpf

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 10:35:08 PM

now that the poloniex trollbox is gone, I think its safe to say that all pumps are over for all alts lol

I couldn´t read it anyway: tmtps = too many trolls per second.
I always got "sensory overload" from it . . .  Smiley

sheepXcat_sk

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 10:38:12 PM

So I asked one of our electronics stores who accepts bitcoin to also accept NEM.
They told me they are going to expand on crypto but they are definetly not accepting NEM, since, same as XRP, it is owned by a private subject  Huh Shocked Cry
so they are not going to support this "synthetic currency" since it's not even crypto.
Earlier today there was a crypto ""expert"" explaining top 10 cryptos on twitter, stating that NEM and Ripple are not even blockchains. (yeah both of them put shit Ripple and a diamond NEM in one bag and shook it)

Conclusion: loads of people that actually study crypto have no idea what NEM is!! imagine that people would know that NEM is most decentralized public blockchain! We need to somehow communicate what NEM is to the public. There could be a marketer among us who would be willing to educate public for a bounty. Do I see any hands risen?
Zylon

Activity: 242
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 10:52:57 PM

So I asked one of our electronics stores who accepts bitcoin to also accept NEM.
They told me they are going to expand on crypto but they are definetly not accepting NEM, since, same as XRP, it is owned by a private subject  Huh Shocked Cry
so they are not going to support this "synthetic currency" since it's not even crypto.
Earlier today there was a crypto ""expert"" explaining top 10 cryptos on twitter, stating that NEM and Ripple are not even blockchains. (yeah both of them put shit Ripple and a diamond NEM in one bag and shook it)

Conclusion: loads of people that actually study crypto have no idea what NEM is!! imagine that people would know that NEM is most decentralized public blockchain! We need to somehow communicate what NEM is to the public. There could be a marketer among us who would be willing to educate public for a bounty. Do I see any hands risen?

Absolutely right!
Nobody knows what NEM is, because we have zero marketing!
It is the same old story and the NEM team won't change it!
Never, for ever Cheesy
gatilocoin

Activity: 116

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 11:00:42 PM

Just need to allocate money from the fund NEM And hire PR Manager.
Everything has to be done both in large companies.
pfrtlpfmpf

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 11:03:15 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2017, 11:36:53 PM by pfrtlpfmpf

They told me they are going to expand on crypto but they are definetly not accepting NEM, since, same as XRP, it is owned by a private subject  Huh Shocked Cry

Absolutely right!
Never, for ever Cheesy

Calm down (and read up), theres lots and lots in the background going on, but we´re ninja, and when you least expect it: wham !

Btw, where do you think, did the runup lately, come from ? Jeez, for some people it´s never enough !

(i got that "tmtps" again, it starts with a distinct headache, Smiley )

LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 11:57:21 PM

They told me they are going to expand on crypto but they are definetly not accepting NEM, since, same as XRP, it is owned by a private subject  Huh Shocked Cry

Absolutely right!
Never, for ever Cheesy

Calm down (and read up), theres lots and lots in the background going on, but we´re ninja, and when you least expect it: wham !

Btw, where do you think, did the runup lately, come from ? Jeez, for some people it´s never enough !

All the NEWBIE and JR. SCOOTY PUFF accounts  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
kocodile

Activity: 67

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 12:09:01 AM

ALERT:Takao Asayama had enough  he became the new president of the foundation and he want to gear up
SOON WE ARE GOING TO FLY  be prepared
http://techbureau.jp/375.html
http://nem.foundation/
Zylon

Activity: 242
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 12:14:47 AM

Absolutely right!
Never, for ever Cheesy

Don't get me wrong, I love this project and I know that many things are going on in the background and at least NEM will be no.1 !
But the journey would be much easier and faster with a little bit advertisement...

Pages: « 1 ... 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 [1557] 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: