Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:36:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 [1560] 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984130 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
samysamy1

Activity: 490
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 02:14:22 PM

LOL, that's what keeps Bitcoin alive even though it has very slow transactions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
samysamy1

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 02:15:18 PM

Go to nem official website "NEM.io" and you will find the major highlighted points under "What Makes NEM Unique Among Blockchains?":

Together with Mijin, NEM is the first public/private blockchain combination.
Designed with all new code to be secure, scalable, fast, flexible and easy to build on utilizing a simple API.
NEM features on-chain multisig and multi-user contracts with push notifications, a token feature called Mosaics, and namespaces.
Together with Mijin, NEM is the first public/private blockchain combination.
Designed with all new code to be secure, scalable, fast, flexible and easy to build on utilizing a simple API.

Do you think these are easy points to digest for non-technical users? No wonder why blogs on youtube can't well explain why NEM is superior. These are non-technical bloggers targeting non-technical users. Please do something about better educating users with non-technical words.

Yup, fully agree with this statement.
Zylon

Activity: 242
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 02:20:59 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2017, 02:35:02 PM by Zylon

Currently POI is covered in NEM's website under one of the links that would hardly be followed. And when followed it shows this:
"Proof-of-Importance" (POI) is the first reputation based blockchain algorithm that just doesn’t reward those that hold as much stake as possible without spending or those that do unrelated work outside of a blockchain ambivalent to the actual activity in it.

Each account’s individual importance score is calculated by stake, how much of that stake has been vested, the transactions going out of the account, and with which accounts it transacts. This encourages accounts on the NEM blockchain to be active accounts in the network

To learn more about POI in NEM please read Chapter 7 of the NEM Technical Reference.

This doesn't give any good understanding to non-technical users. Instead, the effect of POI should be highlighted in the main page without having to follow a link. NEM should be marketed as the world's greenest most secure fastest environment friendly POI block chaining technology.

This is just one of many point why NEM website needs to be redesigned and why more marketing efforts are needed to better educate non-technical users about NEM.

Someone should make this a project and put on a proposal for some proper marketing with the community fund. We don't need more projects, but more marketing.
Who can do this?

Who is here staying directly in contact with the NEM managing team? maybe  "n3lz0n"  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=216877 ?
pfrtlpfmpf

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 02:33:50 PM

In NEM you do not need to invest in any electro hungry hardware that is constantly generating poisons electo-magnitic waves wasting energy and heat where tons of cities and towns in the world are lacking electricity for daily life. A blockchain technology that doesn't respect energy consumption is more likely to die sooner than later.

In NEM you do not need any hardware, all you need is a NEM balance and be a NEM user. The more you send/receive XEM the more important you are to the network. No assets are wasted in hardware, no energy waste, no heat waste, no waste in resources and no electro-magnetic poison.

This is one thing, that baffles me all the time. I mean, they go to buy their bio-food, free walking chicken, and talk about renewable energy and bitcoin in one sentence.
But they say, it´s necessary for the blockchain. But, ehm, no, it´s not ! See NEM.

NEMergizer

Activity: 313

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 02:37:12 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2017, 02:57:46 PM by NEMergizer

So, wasting to much money on advertising now, is wasted.
NEM is like a spring, coiling up for the right moment . . .

That is not right, it would not be wasted money!
NEM is in competition with other blockchains in present and has to win this war first, after that we can talk about mainstream.

Take a look at ETH, their technology is worse than NEM's, but thier marketing is way much better....
Many new Coins are build up by the ETH blockchain, just because ETH is much more popular than NEM is!
We are losing time and possibilities right now every day!

Now we recently reached number 4, people started to turn their backs on us. Haven't you seen Ripple dying already? The same fate waits us.
Just look at NVO.io. They have adopted the first top 3 coins and many other coins under us like ETC and LTC. they simply skipped us even though these guys know lots about crypto. There must be something wrong with Nem.

If we don't do our best to keep to advance our place on the coinmarketcap, it will slowly slide backwards behind etc and ltc.

They might have skipped NEM cause they do not hold any XEM position. As simple as that: It is not in their interest to direct their investors to buy XEM. Or maybe they are concerned about NEM's market depth.
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 03:16:30 PM

Now we recently reached number 4, people started to turn their backs on us. Haven't you seen Ripple dying already? The same fate waits us.
Just look at NVO.io. They have adopted the first top 3 coins and many other coins under us like ETC and LTC. they simply skipped us even though these guys know lots about crypto. There must be something wrong with Nem.

If we don't do our best to keep to advance our place on the coinmarketcap, it will slowly slide backwards behind etc and ltc.

Never heard of NVO.io still seems like pie in the sky at the moment.

I do agree NEM needs to get on more exchanges, being the top POS(I) coin with such small volume.

Agrello (legally binding smart contract provider) plans to use NEM on its mulit-blockchain platform
https://blog.agrello.org/agrello-homesteads-on-ethereum-but-remains-compatible-with-other-ecosystems-6669e0b572f0

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
samysamy1

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 03:18:19 PM

So, wasting to much money on advertising now, is wasted.
NEM is like a spring, coiling up for the right moment . . .

That is not right, it would not be wasted money!
NEM is in competition with other blockchains in present and has to win this war first, after that we can talk about mainstream.

Take a look at ETH, their technology is worse than NEM's, but thier marketing is way much better....
Many new Coins are build up by the ETH blockchain, just because ETH is much more popular than NEM is!
We are losing time and possibilities right now every day!

They might have skipped NEM cause they do not hold any XEM position. As simple as that: It is not in their interest to direct their investors to buy XEM. Or maybe they are concerned about NEM's market depth.

maybe it's the market depth. Because their greatest interest might be in Maid. Can you believe it, even Doge is on their list  Roll Eyes
samysamy1

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 03:22:08 PM

I do agree NEM needs to get on more exchanges, being the top POS(I) coin with such small volume.

Agrello (legally binding smart contract provider) plans to use NEM on its mulit-blockchain platform
https://blog.agrello.org/agrello-homesteads-on-ethereum-but-remains-compatible-with-other-ecosystems-6669e0b572f0

No idea what smart contracts are and how they are useful to us or companies. Are they popular and is there a chance that they may be used by many? Haven't heard of Agrello either.
I know I should already know by now what smart contracts are and mosaics etc, but I really still don't after all these years in crypto. I have no idea how to use it or what I can use it for.
fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 03:45:36 PM

Currently POI is covered in NEM's website under one of the links that would hardly be followed. And when followed it shows this:
"Proof-of-Importance" (POI) is the first reputation based blockchain algorithm that just doesn’t reward those that hold as much stake as possible without spending or those that do unrelated work outside of a blockchain ambivalent to the actual activity in it.

Each account’s individual importance score is calculated by stake, how much of that stake has been vested, the transactions going out of the account, and with which accounts it transacts. This encourages accounts on the NEM blockchain to be active accounts in the network

To learn more about POI in NEM please read Chapter 7 of the NEM Technical Reference.

This doesn't give any good understanding to non-technical users. Instead, the effect of POI should be highlighted in the main page without having to follow a link. NEM should be marketed as the world's greenest most secure fastest environment friendly POI block chaining technology.

This is just one of many point why NEM website needs to be redesigned and why more marketing efforts are needed to better educate non-technical users about NEM.

Someone should make this a project and put on a proposal for some proper marketing with the community fund. We don't need more projects, but more marketing.
Who can do this?

Wasnt the marketing fund distributed not so long ago. I belive they accepted 1/3 of the original allocation And they are all not from Asia. There is also another 400 million (ish) Nem still there allocated for conventional and non conventional Marketing. Look at the richlist for accurate figures
dissident

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 04:02:14 PM

The reason many of those other coins are more popular is they started out as POW or hybrid coins so they have the mining whales promoting them.  Supernode requirements are too high right now and a lot of the early whales control all the nodes and get all the fees with NEM.  Popularity might increase if supernode requirement was reduced to 250K.  Regular nodes simply don't get enough of the fees to make it worth their while. You might be able to get whales to buy up 250K nem, but they're not going to buy up 3 million NEM.. never. gonna. happen.

Whether people want to admit it or not, this coin is fairly centralized due to the 3 million supernode requirement.  It's my one criticism with NEM, just like I criticize Xtrabytes for having all their static nodes tied up in the hand of early investors who got the coin for next to nothing.   Of course, if you make the supernode requirement 250K, a lot of early supernode holders might dump a bunch of NEM. If that happens it will be a healthy thing in the long haul.

Have to think 10 steps ahead, not worry about maintaining the status quo and the current market cap.
pfrtlpfmpf

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 04:12:29 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2017, 04:32:42 PM by pfrtlpfmpf

No idea what smart contracts are and how they are useful to us or companies. Are they popular and is there a chance that they may be used by many? Haven't heard of Agrello either.
I know I should already know by now what smart contracts are and mosaics etc, but I really still don't after all these years in crypto. I have no idea how to use it or what I can use it for.

Hell, smart contracts, yeah. Or, ehm, i don´t know. In public its just about coins, thats as far as crypto in public understanding goes, for the moment, and even thats to much.
But lets start as a coin, which is: no energy waster, 1 minute blocktimes, beautiful wallet, delegated harvesting, smart phone wallet, ios and android, exchanges, we will improve on, what else? How to make newbies interrested at their level.

For any newbie: lately i made a transaction, thinking, i´ll go to toilet meanwhile, when i came back, my wallet was sitting there, asking me: What else, master ?
I think, i´m boring my wallet  Smiley  Smiley

Wheras my bitcoin-wallet . . .  You know the rest of the story.

Schreck

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 04:20:22 PM

Hi gents,

i was sending 480 Coins to test, is test a really adress or have change to get the coins back?

thx you for helping me

cheers
TraderInc

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 04:33:42 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2017, 04:47:33 PM by TraderInc

Hello Hopefully Someone Here can give me the right advice or guide me.

A Little About me:

- I am an Investor.

- I am not a programmer

- I am very much interested in investing/purchasing NEM/XEM

But here are the Hurdles I faced:

- When I tried to create a Nem Wallet

- There is an issue with Mac/Safari.

I am not sure If this issue is only with Safari or Mac itself.

Anyways, this is not a big issue since I can easily create one and use a Windows computer.

yet I was wondering what would be the best way If I just got chrome for Mac ?  (i.e if its just a Safari issue)

or lets just keep this simple and I have no problem using my PC to create this wallet.

What Further Discouraged Me

What further has discouraged me is that you have to Harvest your NEM/XEM coins.

So my question is what If I am an investor and I just buy the coins and do not harvest them or anything. Are they still Good coins. What happens ?

- However, harvesting should Not be rocket science and what If I even take this step and learn how to harvest. No problem.

Then, I Further started reading that the way NEM/XEM works is that If I do harvest my coins, then Other NEM/XEM owners can access my Computer/PC.

I certainly do not want anyone accessing my computer because I at least have some important information in each of my computers.

Now, I am thinking If I buy a new/cheap computer or a second hand computer just to use for NEM/XEM but it seems a bit too much.

Please, If someone could clarify, I would greatly appreciate it.
Any advice someone can give me, I would be very thankful.

Also, these questions could also be running through many new investor's mind.

I am open to take in any information from a programmer here or just a simple investor like me who is not a programmer and how his/her experience was buying NEM.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 04:37:04 PM

As far as I can tell that Mac problem is Safari specific. Quite a few users have reported problems and lost coins with it. I don't know why it hasn't been addressed.

If you're harvesting no one else can access your coins. Otherwise no one would be harvesting.
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 04:40:44 PM

The reason many of those other coins are more popular is they started out as POW or hybrid coins so they have the mining whales promoting them.  Supernode requirements are too high right now and a lot of the early whales control all the nodes and get all the fees with NEM.  Popularity might increase if supernode requirement was reduced to 250K.  Regular nodes simply don't get enough of the fees to make it worth their while. You might be able to get whales to buy up 250K nem, but they're not going to buy up 3 million NEM.. never. gonna. happen.

Whether people want to admit it or not, this coin is fairly centralized due to the 3 million supernode requirement.  It's my one criticism with NEM, just like I criticize Xtrabytes for having all their static nodes tied up in the hand of early investors who got the coin for next to nothing.   Of course, if you make the supernode requirement 250K, a lot of early supernode holders might dump a bunch of NEM. If that happens it will be a healthy thing in the long haul.

Have to think 10 steps ahead, not worry about maintaining the status quo and the current market cap.

I do agree starting off as POW attracts the huge 'miner' mostly bitcoin community.  These guys have the funds to invest in other coins.  Without POW, NEM is often overlooked ... but then again NEM is not targeting the crypto community Smiley

Also, what average individual can really 'mine' bitcoin?  Which shows it is much more centralized when 1 miner pool/individual can do so much damage with the current bitcoin debate/drama.

With NEM, only 10,000 is enough to harvest and as the network grows and txs increase, each block will hold more and more valuable fees.  So 3 million won't be required to harvest and profit, you can even do this with your PC off!

The supernode program wont last indefinitely, it was created to secure the network which it has done successfully, I really dont see them dropping the requirement.

Whales have been buying as the # of supernodes continue to increase, just like this guy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTLjvrYnnAQ

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
Terem

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 04:44:11 PM

Hi all. As deemed, the coin is promising? How late can rise the price for the new year? And the truth is that the catapult that will change the industry? Thank you.
pfrtlpfmpf

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 04:47:05 PM

Hello Hopefully Someone Here can give me the right advice or guide me.

A Little About me:

- I am an Investor.

- I am not a programmer of any sort

- I am very much interested in investing/purchasing NEM/XEM

But here are the Hurdles I faced:

- When I tried to create a Nem Wallet

- There is an issue with Mac/Safari.

I am not sure If this issue is only with Safari or Mac itself. Anyways, this is not a big issue since I can easily create one and use a Windows computer yet.
but I was wondering what would be the best way If I just got chrome for Mac ? 

or lets just keep this simple and I have no problem using my PC to create this wallet.

What Further Discouraged Me

What further has discouraged me is that you have to Harvest your NEM/XEM coins.

So my question is what If I am an investor and I just buy the coins and do not harvest them or anything. Are they still Good coins what happens.

- However, harvesting should be rocket science and what If I even take this step and learn how to harvest

I Further started reading that the way NEM/XEM works is that If I do harvest my coins, then Other NEM/XEM owners can access my Computer/PC.

I certainly do not want anyone accessing my computer because I at least have some important information in each of my computers.

Now, I am thinking I could buy a new/cheap computer or a second hand just to use for NEM/XEM but it seems a bit too much.

Please, If someone could clarify, I would greatly appreciate it.
Any advice someone can give me, I would be very thankful.

Also, these questions could also be running through many new investor's mind.

I am open to take in any information from a programmer here or just a simple investor like me who is not a programmer and how his/her experience was buying NEM.

You don´t have to harvest anything, thats just a plus.
Your coins are yours, without any condition. They´re yours, basta !

TraderInc

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 04:50:00 PM

Thanks for the feed back pfrt Smiley

but If I harvest then people other NEM owners can access my computer ?

Do I have to delete all my important information first from this computer ? or its not necessary
adous

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 04:54:51 PM

that is so wonderfull and exciting now ...might be it will be use full for all of us..
sheepXcat_sk

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 04:56:55 PM

Hi all. As deemed, the coin is promising? How late can rise the price for the new year? And the truth is that the catapult that will change the industry? Thank you.

Hi good question, basically catapult should toss NEM to the moon, possibly beyond.  NEM is still cheap cos of poor marketing but is technological beast so soonoer or later, it will overcome.
Pages: « 1 ... 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 [1560] 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: