Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:17:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 [1585] 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984114 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 09:45:31 AM

Unless NEM is marketed and updates are given with regards to development you can be damn sure that there will be no renewed interest. Apart from people checking this thread or looking at the NEM forum there is literally 0 awareness about the project. I see threads popping up about the best scalable blockchains etc left and right but in none of them
NEM is mentioned. That makes sense since it is kind of hard to know about upcoming features if they aren't being shared. Instead people put their money in mere concepts of blockchains rather than in one that has been working for quite some time already.

If you look at trading volume NEM has been at the bottom of the top 10 basically for as long as it has been there.

I was reading Lon Wong, the foundation president, writing on Telegram. It was all a tad strange. Every single poster was saying there weren't enough updates, transparency or marketing. He really didn't seem to think there was any type of issue and then kept asking what the problem was. He would be presented with the same list of problems again. Then he'd ask what the problem was once again.

He justified the weirdly autistic approach with nominating the 2 billion + market cap as their achievement. Well, Poloniex pumpers were responsible for that, not them.

There is a very strange lack of engagement compared to other coins. There's little or no project discussion anywhere. The only discussions taking place are about price or moaning about the wallets. I don't really know why it's so different compared to everything else but something needs to change. After all this time everyone's effectively still in the dark.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Fastpow

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 10:00:02 AM

Unless NEM is marketed and updates are given with regards to development you can be damn sure that there will be no renewed interest. Apart from people checking this thread or looking at the NEM forum there is literally 0 awareness about the project. I see threads popping up about the best scalable blockchains etc left and right but in none of them
NEM is mentioned. That makes sense since it is kind of hard to know about upcoming features if they aren't being shared. Instead people put their money in mere concepts of blockchains rather than in one that has been working for quite some time already.

If you look at trading volume NEM has been at the bottom of the top 10 basically for as long as it has been there.

I was reading Lon Wong, the foundation president, writing on Telegram. It was all a tad strange. Every single poster was saying there weren't enough updates, transparency or marketing. He really didn't seem to think there was any type of issue and then kept asking what the problem was. He would be presented with the same list of problems again. Then he'd ask what the problem was once again.

He justified the weirdly autistic approach with nominating the 2 billion + market cap as their achievement. Well, Poloniex pumpers were responsible for that, not them.

There is a very strange lack of engagement compared to other coins. There's little or no project discussion anywhere. The only discussions taking place are about price or moaning about the wallets. I don't really know why it's so different compared to everything else but something needs to change. After all this time everyone's effectively still in the dark.

That is very weird indeed. If anything a 2 billion market cap should warrant more communication as the stakes are significantly higher. Furthermore, if I recall correctly there is a marketing fund in addition to a community fund of some sorts of the leftover stakes, why isn't that being used?

Honestly, I don't get it. NEM was started out of discontent with the way NXT was handled (terrible distribution, centralized decision making etc) but NEM is doing exactly the same at the moment.
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 10:36:59 AM

There's a lot of brand new and recent negativity over Ethereum (but I was pointing out their problems for a couple of years).  The blockchain bloat and technical problems weren't new but now (last 48 hours) people are pointing out all the blockchain bloat and sham ICOs.

Etheruem price is tanking right now (moreso than NEM and other alternates!).  

Until a victor emerges from this, there is a possibility we may see renewed interest in NEM in July.  

To me, it seems like this is the time to buy NEM and hold NEM - because in July we could see new an all time high.

When NEM goes up it goes up.   We  may even hit the orbit of Pluto if Ethereum implodes and all the capital flows into the NEM network.   $1 NEM and higher could happen in 2017.    Shocked

July looks like it will be a good time for strategic updates and market gains.

i agree

i tried getting into the tenx ico but the eth chain made any transaction impossible -- which i did expect to happen given past occurences. Eth has always been a frankenstein of a blockchain and honestly i've never understood it's hype or appeal. Everything Eth does, XEM does much more cleanly.
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 10:40:41 AM

Actually if you read the telegram post, there is lots of positive remarks from Lon if anything.
I think gentlemand is taking it out of context.
They are currently exploring options for marketing using community funds.

I think this is a good step forward, and will grab more market share.

We have Lon to thank for reaching 2 billion dollar marketcap with little to no money spent on marketing.

Now that we can afford some marketing, it makes sense to do so.  Cheesy

Really surprises me that keyboard warriors come here and complain about price etc when they are not happy about what we have already achieved without the hype.

This is what makes NEM special and stand out from the rest, we have got far without hype, but we dont want to create a false pump either.

Lon is smart, believe me.  Smiley

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
chga

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2017, 10:48:04 AM

I was also reading Lon comments on Telegram and I am not that negative about it. I think he agrees to use some marketing funds to market NEM and I saw a lot of constructive discussions there. Everytime I read information from Lon I feel optimistic about NEM future.

I think Lon understood that now that catapult is coming, we need to promote actively NEM, in both crypto world and "real" world. Because even if we have the best tech we cannot wait. Many other coins are making annoucement (many of them is based on nothing) and we need more exposure.

Also I think Telegram is not a good platform for in-depth discusions. Forum is more adapted to that, but NEM forum is not very active...
Zylon

Activity: 242

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 10:55:17 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2017, 12:40:01 PM by Zylon

That is very weird indeed. If anything a 2 billion market cap should warrant more communication as the stakes are significantly higher. Furthermore, if I recall correctly there is a marketing fund in addition to a community fund of some sorts of the leftover stakes, why isn't that being used?

Honestly, I don't get it. NEM was started out of discontent with the way NXT was handled (terrible distribution, centralized decision making etc) but NEM is doing exactly the same at the moment.

I was always pissed off because of their zero marketing and it is still annoying!
But maybe the reason for their reservation is that they don't want to be hyped until they really have reached some of their goals.
Or I am wrong and they don't have any idea how marketing works Cheesy ....and that must be changed very soon!

At the end NEM will have a lot of advertisement for free when Catapult will be released, because everybody will see that NEM will never have the same problems that BTC and ETH have right now!
You can follow the Catapult procedure here, so you can see that there are some updates:
https://forum.nem.io/t/stories-from-the-dev-front-diary/2641

I know there is not so much information but the devs are alive;) and they are working on it!
I really wished I had more money, I would by XEM as much as possible, it is very cheap right now and maybe will be cheaper in the next 1-2 months!

mkmdoc

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

VIMee - Social Network

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 11:09:42 AM

Good thing will always take time so guys please go and grab cheap XEM in the market. I am buying a lot of XEM coin because it is cheap in the market we have to grab as many as possible where the Big pump you can easily make more on what you invested.

VIMee
Social Platform
|
  VIMee - Indonesia based Islamic Social Network
●   ANN THREAD   ●   WHITEPAPER   ●

|

▄█████▄   ▄▄
     ▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
     ████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
     ▐███████▄▄   ▐████████████
       ███████████████████████▌
     ▐████████████████████████
      ▀███████████████████████
        ▀████████████████████
        ████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████
           ▄█████████████▀
     ▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄▄█▄▄
                              ▄▄███▀▀▀ ██▌
                         ▄▄███▀▀▀     ▐██
                    ▄▄████▀▀          ██▌
               ▄▄████▀▀     ▄▄▀      ███
          ▄▄████▀▀       ▄█▀        ▐██
      ▄████▀▀         ▄██▀         ▄██
    ▐██▀          ▄▄███            ██▌
     ▀████▄▄▄ ▄▄████▀             ███
          ▀▀▀██████▄             ▄██
             ██▌ ▀▀█████▄▄       ██▀
              ██▄    ███▀▀████▄▄███
               ██▌ ▄██▀       ▀▀▀▀
                ████▀

▄▄█████████
         ▄██████████████
         █████████▀
         ████████▌
     ███████████████████
     ██████████████████▀
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████
Metros

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 11:24:02 AM

So just to be sure.

To stake NXT need 1K, done!
To stake ARDR (in the future) need 1k, done!

Now Ignis, what can/should I do with that? is it stakeable ?
Fastpow

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 11:52:58 AM

Actually if you read the telegram post, there is lots of positive remarks from Lon if anything.
I think gentlemand is taking it out of context.
They are currently exploring options for marketing using community funds.

I think this is a good step forward, and will grab more market share.

We have Lon to thank for reaching 2 billion dollar marketcap with little to no money spent on marketing.

Now that we can afford some marketing, it makes sense to do so.  Cheesy

Really surprises me that keyboard warriors come here and complain about price etc when they are not happy about what we have already achieved without the hype.

This is what makes NEM special and stand out from the rest, we have got far without hype, but we dont want to create a false pump either.

Lon is smart, believe me.  Smiley

Hi there! How do I go about joining the telegram group? The link in the OP does not seem to be valid anymore.
Defender_Of_The_Ancients

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 12:06:58 PM

There's a lot of brand new and recent negativity over Ethereum (but I was pointing out their problems for a couple of years).  The blockchain bloat and technical problems weren't new but now (last 48 hours) people are pointing out all the blockchain bloat and sham ICOs.

Until a victor emerges from this, there is a possibility we may see renewed interest in NEM in July.  

To me, it seems like this is the time to buy NEM and hold NEM - because in July we could see new an all time high.

When NEM goes up it goes up.   We  may even hit the orbit of Pluto if Ethereum implodes and all the capital flows into the NEM network.   $1 NEM and higher could happen in 2017.    Shocked

Nice info, but it looks like ETH is a locomotive for all alts and it has a big impact on the whole altcoin market, like it or not...
I wonder, what will happen if the ETH price will go back to ~0.05...

At some point we need a new altcoin leader if ETH will show weakness Smiley

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Razoo

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 02:17:08 PM

Lots of lip service and no hard facts coming out of NEM.
ManonLescaut

Activity: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 03:04:19 PM

As always...

...sell the rumors, buy the news.
Jenska

Activity: 89
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 03:49:00 PM

Are you even closely following what is going on? NEM is surely not about rumours and there has been great news already enough for the May and June.

For the rumor part here is one: Catapult first version/stage is almost ready but the devs want a test it before release. So I guess we are nearer the Ninja launch than many sellers think.

IMO I´ll probably buy more in following days if the price keep declining.
Fastpow

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 03:52:52 PM

Does anyone here know how to get invited to the telegram group?
rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240
Merit: 1001

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 03:54:47 PM

https://t.me/nemred
Fastpow

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 03:59:27 PM

https://t.me/nemred

Thanks!

On another note, does someone around here have a good NEM banner or something to put in my signature?
sammart57

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 03:59:57 PM

Everyone is taking it right in the shorts this month, double digit downs are across the board, so not too worried about it. (ok a little worried)
I hope you're right, but the only thing I take issue with is the bolded part. There's no guarantee that a significant amount of money would flow into nem if ether blew up. It could just as easily go to iota or another up and comer. Personally I don't see why anyone would buy ether at $400, it's history of poor security and other issues scared me off. That cost me a huge profit opportunity, but I think in the end I'll be proven right.. although with no money to show for it!

I've said earlier, that now is a critical time for NEM, we run the risk of losing too much market share/awareness with the lack of info coming out. But at the same time, hype not delivered on would be as much if not more damaging. I guess the only thing to do is wait and hope for the best... it can be nerve wracking though.

I don't doubt that we will see a rise again, but I wonder how much of one it will be. A meteoric ascent like ripple and ether is not outside the realm of possibility, but not very likely. (I don't mean to $300+ per nem, I mean 10 to 20+ billion in market cap)
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 04:03:24 PM

I've said earlier, that now is a critical time for NEM, we run the risk of losing too much market share/awareness with the lack of info coming out. But at the same time, hype not delivered on would be as much if not more damaging. I guess the only thing to do is wait and hope for the best... it can be nerve wracking though.

That's only relevant in the context of the current pool of buyers, none of whom are going to matter in the years to come. If NEM is good enough then it'll be used properly by the right people even if it's out hyped in the meantime.

No real end user is going to pay attention to today's Poloniex volumes.
Razoo

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 04:26:47 PM

That's only relevant in the context of the current pool of buyers, none of whom are going to matter in the years to come. If NEM is good enough then it'll be used properly by the right people even if it's out hyped in the meantime.

No real end user is going to pay attention to today's Poloniex volumes.

Couple of big if's there.
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 04:29:37 PM

Couple of big if's there.

In case you hadn't noticed this website and every single crypto anything on the whole planet is entirely fuelled by a nuclear powered If.
Pages: « 1 ... 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 [1585] 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: