Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:18:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1896 1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 [1946] 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984064 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
samysamy1

Activity: 490
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 04, 2020, 11:02:40 PM

So after opt-in we will have same amount of SYM on a different chain and we can keep same amount of XEM on old chain?

Did i get it correctly?

Yes after opt-in you get XYM on new chain in equal amount of XEM on old chan that you had on the date of the snapshot .
You do not loose XEM on old chain. You keep them because there is not coin burning or swapping involved.

Don't make the mistake of thinking you won't lose Xem. Highest probably Xem will lose value because of the 2 chains and Xym will be better (at least that's what they try to make us believe). Just look at other blockchain projects who had a similar development -> it didn't end up well. The smart people will dump a day or two before the snapshot. Only the gullible will be left holding the bag, thinking that they will have gained twice the value. Don't let the Foundation trick you by telling you that they will figure out a way to keep the Xem chain alive.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
samysamy1

Activity: 490
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 04, 2020, 11:10:01 PM

I notice lately that the Nem culture has changed dramatically after the announcement of Symbol.

I don't really understand this obsession with community funds. It's nothing to do with us. How they're spent is down to the small group that controls them and has controlled them since the genesis block. They saw fit to allocate the funds to the foundation. If we'd all been taxed to fund it that would be a different matter. The only bit that is relevant to the little people is how they liquidate them and the effect on the market.

Am sure if a straightforward hard fork type thing were possible they would've done it. It's vastly less ball ache and work. It does seem dangerous to me. It's possible both chains will sink without trace and I don't get how they're going to combat that. NEM itself has always been basically invisible despite everyone's best efforts. Another one doesn't have much to build on.

As for Alex being arsey on Telegram, I probably would be too if the same old passive aggressive clueless fucks kept needling me with the same old irrelevant questions.

Other than that I don't pay attention to many other projects but I hope they don't run along the same lines. The culture that's developed is well and truly fucked up. I'd say Lon Wong is largely responsible for that. He's the one who insisted on it being closed source. He's the one who operated for a long time without telling anyone effectively anything.

Every now and then the core developers pipe up and doesn't seem to have a clue what the foundation has been doing, or hasn't been consulted about anything.

After 3-5 years there's STILL talk of NDAs and hundreds of companies testing with little to no sign of anything. They seem to think we want to hear about things going on 'behind the scenes'.

Momentous decisions are taken in private and then presented as some sort of choice when of course there isn't one at all. The 'community' then rolls over and submits, or is so numb it doesn't think to question anything. Many of the decisions are good but that doesn't change the fact that they're diktats.  

I've seen the core developers moan in interviews that NEM has no community. Since I've hardly ever seen it listened to then they shouldn't be surprised by that. They're a bunch of spectators.

Either be a decentralised protocol open to all or be a corporation. If you try to be both you wind up neither.

Completely agree with you, except from the community funds. The community voted to grant the Foundation a pot of money. so they didn't just have access to it. I'm afraid soon they will come back asking for more while they haven't delivered what they had been so enthusiastic about a year ago. They spent soooo much on marketing but yet nothing to show up for.

By the way super weird that Luxtag is asking for donations for their company  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 04, 2020, 11:13:38 PM

Don't make the mistake of thinking you won't lose Xem. Highest probably Xem will lose value because of the 2 chains and Xym will be better (at least that's what they try to make us believe). Just look at other blockchain projects who had a similar development -> it didn't end up well. The smart people will dump a day or two before the snapshot. Only the gullible will be left holding the bag, thinking that they will have gained twice the value. Don't let the Foundation trick you by telling you that they will figure out a way to keep the Xem chain alive.

It's not that hard to keep alive. What will be hard is retaining any value.

No one should be buying XEM for any reason other than getting XYM. Once it's over XEM will plummet. It may well make a pointless comeback during generalised shitcoin pumps as literally anything will so I wouldn't burn my private keys just in case.

I don't really see how they're going to make XYM visible enough for it to get anywhere near XEM's position or former positions. I certainly hope they do have some impressive plans. If XEM got significantly higher than it is at present during a pre split pump I'd be very tempted to dump and walk away without looking back.

Completely agree with you, except from the community funds. The community voted to grant the Foundation a pot of money. so they didn't just have access to it. I'm afraid soon they will come back asking for more while they haven't delivered what they had been so enthusiastic about a year ago. They spent soooo much on marketing but yet nothing to show up for.

By the way super weird that Luxtag is asking for donations for their company  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Hmm. I completely forgot there was a public vote about that. The vast majority of marketing spend happened before the present foundation. The old one is responsible for the total squandering of everything. I seem to recall it was tens of millions. I don't have particularly strong feelings about the present set up. They have a lot of work to do with fewer resources. If Alex hadn't won and the old guard got in again there would be no upgrade at all most likely. I seem to remember they were actively blocking it or simply doing nothing.
KimNg

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2020, 02:50:35 AM

api-harvest-assembly_api-broker_1 exited with code 132
api-harvest-assembly_api-node_1 exited with code 132
Giving up for now. Sad

Running a testnet node is still too much of a hassle to mess with. Only the enthusiasts are going to read these guides and attempt it.
If we want more adoption it should be effortless. I'm sure someone in our talented group will come up with a turnkey solution (hint hint).

ormin79

Activity: 152
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2020, 01:05:03 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2020, 01:33:36 PM by ormin79

Lesson from the past time - NXT as example:

Snapshot was 28.12.2017 ATH @NXTUSDT was 5 days earlier!

Snapshots Pump&Dump scheme, but very profitable for some people (not for sheeple of course, they buy in the last week/day before snapshot, but without these dumbasses and theirs dumb money noone will profit:D)

In this week/month 10 cent @XEMUSD should be unpassable (on daily close candle) but until snapshot we have many weeks. I think they will do that in 31 March/1 April (hahah).
DenisZabar

Activity: 614
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2020, 09:31:28 PM

Lesson from the past time - NXT as example:

Snapshot was 28.12.2017 ATH @NXTUSDT was 5 days earlier!

Snapshots Pump&Dump scheme, but very profitable for some people (not for sheeple of course, they buy in the last week/day before snapshot, but without these dumbasses and theirs dumb money noone will profit:D)

In this week/month 10 cent @XEMUSD should be unpassable (on daily close candle) but until snapshot we have many weeks. I think they will do that in 31 March/1 April (hahah).

@ormin79 do you think, we can hit price to even 10000-12000 satoshi?

gsxrl3oi

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2020, 04:18:45 AM

have they announced the date and time of the snapshot?
satb

Activity: 202
Merit: 30

forum.nem.io

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2020, 09:37:29 AM

have they announced the date and time of the snapshot?

Keep up to date with the latest announcements at https://forum.nem.io/

ormin79

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2020, 09:57:42 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2020, 02:32:53 PM by ormin79
Merited by tyz (2), satb (1)

@ormin79 do you think, we can hit price to even 10000-12000 satoshi?

min around 10000 and max around 20000 if my longterm correction expectations (W-X-Y-XX-Z pattern) are correct;D

I think better is to wait to the time of one week before snapshot to estimate exit price in terms of $ and BTC.

If the Bitcoin price remains unmoved that would put the market cap at about 8.6 billion dollars which would put it at number 4 on CMC. A snapshot pump giving a 16x rise and hauling it 21 places upwards in a few weeks or months would be rather outlandish.

Maybe alts in general will go on a run between now and then and a big move will follow most other things but I'd be pretty amazed if it panned out like that. Then again crypto is rarely short of deranged moves.

Sure, but as i wrote : better to wait to the week before snapshot. And again, Elliots Wave Theory is only theory, can be wrong, i can be wrong only market and his moves will not be wrong:). But if NXT can pump to 2$ from few cents before snapshot in last days of 2017, old good XEM can do it in similar way (maybe not 2$ but who knows, Asian traders are crazy). It will be only few days of pump, after that we all here know what will be next - dump to few cents or even under 1 cent. Even new NEM(XYM) can be dumped to few cents after to high start price (hard to estimate now) and i await this scenario as well.

Funny thing that Bitcoin can also reach even 18000$ (or more) around NEMs snapshot and that will be nothing special in terms of crypto world. And in that case 10000sat=2$ - magical ATH of XEM:)

this is my favored Elliot's scenario for now and March/April:

Nothing is impossible, uhmm maybe 10$ per old XEM is impossible after snapshot of course;)

One more thing in case of XEMUSDT chart and Elliot Waves principles:

Absolute minimum in this corrective upmove is 32 cents (strict principles say 43cents, but i use 14.6% retraces instead od 20% as absolute minimum), can be of course more, so dont show this idea all of the Asian traders, they can pump much more if they want, without watching to marketcap of XEM. 32 cents is not bad but the spirit calls "more!" Cheesy

There is some inconsistence with XEMBTC and XEMUSDT charts and that say that i must recalculate XEMBTC chart, where is minumum and maximum, maybe this numbers 10000-20000sat are far to optimistic (maybe wrong counting waves of lower tier from my side), but not impossible of course.

and i found that tripple zig-zag and second wave x in it (called sometimes xx) should retrace minimum 20% of wave Y), so absolute minimum is 3000 sat. 3000satx14000$(BTC) = 42cents and this math correlate with minimum estimated in XEMUSDT chart (with minimum 20% retrace of wave A principle). More than 42 cents will be a bonus, but very hard to take from market as i expect high volatility in the last 2 weeks before snapshot.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 06, 2020, 10:33:17 AM

min around 10000 and max around 20000 if my longterm correction expectations (W-X-Y-XX-Z pattern) are correct;D

I think better is to wait to the time of one week before snapshot to estimate exit price in terms of $ and BTC.

If the Bitcoin price remains unmoved that would put the market cap at about 8.6 billion dollars which would put it at number 4 on CMC. A snapshot pump giving a 16x rise and hauling it 21 places upwards in a few weeks or months would be rather outlandish.

Maybe alts in general will go on a run between now and then and a big move will follow most other things but I'd be pretty amazed if it panned out like that. Then again crypto is rarely short of deranged moves.
lemonandfriesonetwo

Activity: 652

View Profile
February 06, 2020, 02:40:51 PM

Oh boy do I have a bridge to sell you.

"dOnT SeLl, HoDl FoReVeR" - meanwhile the same people are dumping coins from their secret accounts in the background.
ormin79

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2020, 07:15:31 PM

Oh boy do I have a bridge to sell you.

"dOnT SeLl, HoDl FoReVeR" - meanwhile the same people are dumping coins from their secret accounts in the background.

I dont trade with people that not even understand what was written, and i wrote clearly - XEM must be holded until one week before snapshot (meanwhile observed because of voliatility typical for crypto), after that is the decision to make by holder - he waits for XYM or dumps all XEMs to those who want have XYMs.

I dont see dumping for now, i see healthy corrections, after parabolic waves up and accumulation by smart money. It will be many waves like that in the comming weeks. For now XEM is cheap, it will be less cheaper @10-20cents and risky @ 30-40cents.
jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
February 07, 2020, 07:18:54 PM

I notice lately that the Nem culture has changed dramatically after the announcement of Symbol.

I don't really understand this obsession with community funds. It's nothing to do with us. How they're spent is down to the small group that controls them and has controlled them since the genesis block. They saw fit to allocate the funds to the foundation. If we'd all been taxed to fund it that would be a different matter. The only bit that is relevant to the little people is how they liquidate them and the effect on the market.

Am sure if a straightforward hard fork type thing were possible they would've done it. It's vastly less ball ache and work. It does seem dangerous to me. It's possible both chains will sink without trace and I don't get how they're going to combat that. NEM itself has always been basically invisible despite everyone's best efforts. Another one doesn't have much to build on.

As for Alex being arsey on Telegram, I probably would be too if the same old passive aggressive clueless fucks kept needling me with the same old irrelevant questions.

Other than that I don't pay attention to many other projects but I hope they don't run along the same lines. The culture that's developed is well and truly fucked up. I'd say Lon Wong is largely responsible for that. He's the one who insisted on it being closed source. He's the one who operated for a long time without telling anyone effectively anything.

If meaning makoto nick, then you are probably right. If thinking or remembering the people on the lead of the pack after utopianfuture, not mentioning the names, there were different styles of doing the leading or teaming work.
But makoto did keep his mind Wink    from choosing the logo till silver coins.

pajak

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2020, 03:01:15 PM

So after opt-in we will have same amount of SYM on a different chain and we can keep same amount of XEM on old chain?

Did i get it correctly?

Yes after opt-in you get XYM on new chain in equal amount of XEM on old chan that you had on the date of the snapshot .
You do not loose XEM on old chain. You keep them because there is not coin burning or swapping involved.

Any example from the past, except for NXT snapshot?
ormin79

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2020, 07:42:37 AM
Last edit: February 12, 2020, 09:05:11 AM by ormin79

Strong correction or volatility ahead but it is nonsense now to sell without knowing when will be snapshot.

edit// yep this is straightforward pump now it should be shortlived, strong correction after top forming awaited, maybe this is pump ahead of publishing of snapshot day:)

edit2// i smell 2 more tops after this @7.5cent (Poloniex) correction, crucial is 10 cents, but Elliot Waves Theory gives also maximum @21.8 cent (i do not dare even hope for that level so fast in this month). Minumum of growth was however touched so it is very risky play now for shorterm speculators. In midterm only one week before snapshot has the meaning as the time of possible final top in longterm XEMUSD correction of wave A (very long wave from around 2$ to 3cents).

edit3// two tops occured @ 7.6 and 7.78 but still is hope for more significant tops, especially around 10cents... however ermanometry says that XEMUSD is in very danger time (means top and significant correction of the whole growth from 2.8-3cents) two days before and two days after 13.02.2020...
lemonandfriesonetwo

View Profile
February 12, 2020, 04:42:08 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2020, 10:18:23 PM by lemonandfriesonetwo

https://forum.nem.io/t/migration-committee-community-update-11/24376

"we are currently targeting Q2 2020"

Catapult postponed once again.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Wittmann1987

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2020, 08:33:06 AM

Strong correction or volatility ahead but it is nonsense now to sell without knowing when will be snapshot.

edit// yep this is straightforward pump now it should be shortlived, strong correction after top forming awaited, maybe this is pump ahead of publishing of snapshot day:)

edit2// i smell 2 more tops after this @7.5cent (Poloniex) correction, crucial is 10 cents, but Elliot Waves Theory gives also maximum @21.8 cent (i do not dare even hope for that level so fast in this month). Minumum of growth was however touched so it is very risky play now for shorterm speculators. In midterm only one week before snapshot has the meaning as the time of possible final top in longterm XEMUSD correction of wave A (very long wave from around 2$ to 3cents).

edit3// two tops occured @ 7.6 and 7.78 but still is hope for more significant tops, especially around 10cents... however ermanometry says that XEMUSD is in very danger time (means top and significant correction of the whole growth from 2.8-3cents) two days before and two days after 13.02.2020...

Do you keep a Nem? What are your sales goals before the snapshot? If we can reach the goal of 10k sat?
ormin79

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2020, 10:26:19 AM

Do you keep a Nem? What are your sales goals before the snapshot? If we can reach the goal of 10k sat?
[/quote]

Yep hodling is the best approach now.My goal is minimum 30+ cents or 3000sat @ BTC=10000$

Always may be higher but if you manage to buy cheap (now is 0.0666$ Cheesy but may be lower of course) it should give huge reward ratio even at my targeted level, there is always possibility to sell in chunks. Always remember about money managment/risk (entry only for 1-3% of whole capital in case of asset like XEM is strongly advised!)

7.78cents appear to be meaningful top for a while. If Catapult (and snapshot too) is postponed we may have more time to build more upward waves in the comming weeks/months. Now is time for correction and accumulation. 5+ cents looks for me as good level to buy some more XEMs;)

Whole growth from 2.8/3cents to 7.78(Poloniex) appear to be impulsive in nature (five waves in corrective wave of higher tier A or W) and must be i natural way corrected - how deep, this will judge the market...

I assume that Catapult and snapshot is postponed because of whales wanting to buy cheaper now.
lemonandfriesonetwo

View Profile
February 13, 2020, 02:42:52 PM

I assume that Catapult and snapshot is postponed because of whales wanting to buy cheaper now.

2+ years Catapult has been postponed.

Every quarter Catapult is postponed to the next Quarter.  Roll Eyes

I have another bridge to sell you also.  Cheesy
nutildah
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 7940

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2020, 02:49:43 PM

As an original stake holder and someone who has been here for a while, I can tell you: don't assume that. Don't assume the price is "cheaper" now without a reason for NEM to be widely adopted in the future. There's literally hundreds (or thousands) of other coins to speculate upon, rendering the art of speculation nearly useless. That time has passed.

Either NEM will see some sort of actual growth due to an increase in real-world utility or it will continue to flounder.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
Pages: « 1 ... 1896 1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 [1946] 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: