Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 03:32:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 160 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin is officially dead  (Read 290683 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
TheMage

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 06:23:25 PM

be sure LTC is dead... i just sold my last LTC crap coin to buy more Darkcoin...

who dont see this is ether blind or stupid

True LTC is crap, but then again Darkcoin was also instamined

As was Bitcoin... how far along are we going to play this argument.

The obvious difference, mr litecoin bagholder, is that Bitcoin was the first cryptocurrency and thus has a high network effect. Litecoin is nothing but a clone, its not event the first altcoin. Since Litecoin is nothing but a clone, that means it can only compete with Bitcoin, but Bitcoin has already taken residence as the top cryptocurrency in it's field, making Litecoin obselete and worthless.

Hmm, never knew I was a Litecoin bagholder. Guess we learn something new everyday. *shrug*

Bagholder isn't necessarily a bad thing. Don't be so hard on yourself.

Yea, bagholding worthless coins is quite the new fad these days.

Aren't you a dogecoin community member?

Of course not. I'm not apart of any community.

Ahh ok, it was another person in here whos handle begins with a D.

Well I mean, you are posting here, I can assume that you are a bitcoin community member Tongue.

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
darkota (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 11:13:22 PM

be sure LTC is dead... i just sold my last LTC crap coin to buy more Darkcoin...

The obvious difference, mr litecoin bagholder, is that Bitcoin was the first cryptocurrency and thus has a high network effect. Litecoin is nothing but a clone, its not event the first altcoin. Since Litecoin is nothing but a clone, that means it can only compete with Bitcoin, but Bitcoin has already taken residence as the top cryptocurrency in it's field, making Litecoin obselete and worthless.

Hmm, never knew I was a Litecoin bagholder. Guess we learn something new everyday. *shrug*

Well I mean, you are posting here, I can assume that you are a bitcoin community member Tongue.

Cryptocurrency community member*
TheMage

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 07:20:43 AM

Cryptocurrency community member*

Fair enough, me and you both  Cheesy.

I would actually love the opportunity to have a discussion with you some time live chat Smiley.

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
Exther2

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 11:54:21 AM

Title of topic is not correct at all as it is not dead.
It is still leading altcoin. It was better priced, yes, it was easy to mine - yes, it was whatever it was, but as all prices gone down, so the litecoin gone down. I like the times when I used 2 cpu's to mine it. It was too easy. Now I cannot do it even with 20 cpu's. I agree that it is too hard to mine and that price is too low so you have to have a good gear to mine or do not mine it at all. Better wait for low price and buy it. As it's kinda sad that its price is (currently) 1.8$ and it was 10x greater in times when it was 10x easyer to mine it. I am holding 10 of this coins so if price ever goes to skyrocket I'm going to have some Smiley

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 01:04:15 PM

last stand for ltc will be this year
if they dont do something it will be not dead but slowly going down

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

The Chainmaker

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 06:21:18 AM

it is taking a big beating.  but did you see the pump on it when people thought bitcoin was going to rise?  it still had a lot of life. 

to know for sure the situation of whether litecoin is really capable or not of rising back up, we will just have to see how it does with Bitcoin's next pump. 

I don't own any and don't plan on it, but there could still be life left in it.  Regardless of what CMC says, to me it is still the real #2.

If it can be digitized, it should be decentralized
jamesdeng

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 02:32:48 PM

i have owned 1k litecoin with price of USD12 Huh Sad
darkota (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 12:08:41 AM

it is taking a big beating.  but did you see the pump on it when people thought bitcoin was going to rise?  it still had a lot of life.  

to know for sure the situation of whether litecoin is really capable or not of rising back up, we will just have to see how it does with Bitcoin's next pump.  

I don't own any and don't plan on it, but there could still be life left in it.  Regardless of what CMC says, to me it is still the real #2.

Litecoin detached from Bitcoin more than a year ago once the community finally released ltc was nothing but a bitcoin clone(especially when ASIC's were made for it, defeating the whole purpose of litecoin existing in the first place). During Bitcoin's rise last may/june of 2014, Litecoin did not rise with it(It continued going down in price).
azguard
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 07:03:01 AM

it is taking a big beating.  but did you see the pump on it when people thought bitcoin was going to rise?  it still had a lot of life. 

I don't own any and don't plan on it, but there could still be life left in it.  Regardless of what CMC says, to me it is still the real #2.

Litecoin detached from Bitcoin more than a year ago once the community finally released ltc was nothing but a bitcoin clone(especially when ASIC's were made for it, defeating the whole purpose of litecoin existing in the first place). During Bitcoin's rise last may/june of 2014, Litecoin did not rise with it(It continued going down in price).

try hate to see it but its try
think that last train for LTC will be next year BTC halving if price goes up on BTC if not LTC will go on 1 cent price for coin.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

darkota (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 02:04:22 AM

try hate to see it but its try
think that last train for LTC will be next year BTC halving if price goes up on BTC if not LTC will go on 1 cent price for coin.

LTC price isnt connected to BTC at all anymore. Its only downhill forevermore.
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 09:39:22 AM

That's utter nonsense. What has the price of an inactive and mostly abandonned project (like LTC) to do with a Bitcoin reward halving? The answer is nothing. It's not even sure, if LTC will still be a Top 30 coin until then.

Like darkota said, they arent connected anymore and rightly so.
darkota (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 03:10:46 AM

That's utter nonsense. What has the price of an inactive and mostly abandonned project (like LTC) to do with a Bitcoin reward halving? The answer is nothing. It's not even sure, if LTC will still be a Top 30 coin until then.

Like darkota said, they arent connected anymore and rightly so.

Very true
larsson

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 12:50:41 AM

Litecoin has a head start but not much to offer if they dont start moving soon
waterpile

Activity: 602

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 12:59:06 AM

they had a head start but i think they assumed that its already successful when the price of it was around $12 and IMO it already stopped for like a year now.. there are no relevant developments being made just nothing, I think its really abondoned..
azguard
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 12:34:25 PM

they had a head start but i think they assumed that its already successful when the price of it was around $12 and IMO it already stopped for like a year now.. there are no relevant developments being made just nothing, I think its really abondoned..

most true if they dont do something soon litecoin will be dead for sure no development no improvements no nothing
if this continue like this they will be dead far sooner then expected

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

andulolika
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1047

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 06:31:25 PM

I think Litecoin is close dead cause miners dump and people is not interested in buying anymore, atleast lets be serious the only coin that is actually usefull for doing something else than pump/dump/hopehold is BTC , the world is not even used to one cryptocurrency and we are already creating hundreds more, and the few of them that actually are inovative and have something to offer is ignored. Ltc will have now or in yhe future the value people gives to it, there is plenty of them and not too many willing to buy.

🔥 🔥 🔥  Satochip - Secure the future  🔥 🔥 🔥
⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
──WebsiteShop  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Github──
darkota (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 10:04:05 PM

I think Litecoin is close dead cause miners dump and people is not interested in buying anymore, atleast lets be serious the only coin that is actually usefull for doing something else than pump/dump/hopehold is BTC , the world is not even used to one cryptocurrency and we are already creating hundreds more, and the few of them that actually are inovative and have something to offer is ignored. Ltc will have now or in yhe future the value people gives to it, there is plenty of them and not too many willing to buy.

True True.
azguard
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 06:33:36 AM

Maybe you should say LTC has no future at all.

When it first appeared, i was skepticall but since then some time has passed, so i you think fiat - this coin has no future!

right nut now that is not enough.
developers improve their coins not like lite do nothing

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Valta Crypto

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 08:27:46 PM

Dead, no community, no tech or what ever but LTC is easy and fun to trade  Smiley
Videlicet
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1058

Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 09:46:52 PM

And yet Litecoin was a clone of the first scrypt coin that failed its launch.

No innovation, only thing propping market is history  Undecided

Thank You,
Viz.

[Nexus] Created by Viz. [Videlicet] : "videre licet - it may be seen; evidently; clearly"
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 160 »
  Print  

Jump to: