Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 12:50:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 160 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin is officially dead  (Read 290683 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 07:32:25 AM

LTC is ALIVE again!
Thank god!

LTC alive....? or a Zombie? News at 11..........

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Mjbmonetarymetals
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 08:10:22 AM

Good time to dump this shitcoin if you have any. It has absolutely zero innovation.

"innovation" is just something to lure blind investors who are looking for a quick buck. The real winners are still the solid coins or the first movers on some technological aspect.

It's the other way around. Successful long term speculative investments require innovative technology. First mover advantage eventually melts away if there isn't enough innovation while in the meantime competitors work their asses off. Having solid tech matters very little if your competitors do everything you do, and more. This is still a very young area in technology, first movers can't just settle for what they got. There is only one first mover with a relatively secure spot for now, Bitcoin.

Let's just call it the way it will be: in 2 years, litecoin will seriously drop down in value unless it starts to implement new features

I can agree with that including sidechains and blockchain apps as well

hell probably in 1 year

I thought all the innovation 2.0 coins were set to replace Bitcoin making it completely redundant, now all the likes of Bitcoin and litecoin will need is a little sidechains, lightning network action and they're good to go.  Cheesy

The word Innovation in the altcoin scene is completely worn out, just a carrot on a stick. Most alts will and have innovated their way into obscurity, mind you many were never intended for mass adoption in any shape or form only carefully crafted for the regulars here.

Bitrated user: Mick.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 08:14:01 AM

Well hoping that LTC is near dead only....how I feel about current LTC price rise.....go baby go..... heh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUY4LOfBnCA

dead or not LTC be a doing the above (at least for now) Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Alley
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 02:26:48 PM

With the price surging why isn't the difficulty?  Next change is in a few minutes and its going to drop 1%.  You would think a bunch of people would switch to litecoin mining.
hendra147

Activity: 644
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 03:03:15 PM

Litecoin have potential Pump again look this pict  Cheesy

Oscilson

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 04:25:08 PM

With the price surging why isn't the difficulty?  Next change is in a few minutes and its going to drop 1%.  You would think a bunch of people would switch to litecoin mining.

LTC is mined by ASIC. No new ASIC are being sold. ASIC are built and mined by manufacturers.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 04:52:45 PM

LTC is mined by ASIC. No new ASIC are being sold. ASIC are built and mined by manufacturers.

What he means is, why are people not pointing their miners from other scrypt coins over to litecoin?

I guess it is because of that most people are on profit switching pools and there are more profitable coins out there at the moment.
montreal

Activity: 328
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 02:59:00 AM

triple topping

DAEX ◄► RELIABLE CLEARING ECOSYSTEM ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ANNWHITEPAPERBOUNTY 
NattyLiteCoin

Activity: 912
Merit: 1021

If you don’t believe, why are you here?

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 03:06:16 AM

What he means is, why are people not pointing their miners from other scrypt coins over to litecoin?

I guess it is because of that most people are on profit switching pools and there are more profitable coins out there at the moment.

I spend approximately $.80 to mine an LTC. It's curious as to why "evaluators" of profitability don't have LTC as the most profitable coin to mine at this point in time.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
  25X FASTER THAN BITCOIN, LIGHTNING NETWORK & ATOMIC SWAPS  
  TWITTER          TELEGRAM          REDDIT          DISCORD          MEDIUM          LINKEDIN  
          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
hendra147

Activity: 644
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 03:16:07 AM

LTC to the moon is the word on the street.
Any reason why?

Because Bitcoin is climbing? [Keep your eye on Greece!]

this might be something like Cyprus last time when all go up. think that all altcoin will be effected like last time but it would be go just for ltc to go over 3$ barrier

$3, checked
$4, ?
$5, ?
$moon, ?

after 5$ this coin will be dump very hard so many people holding and wait to dump it
https://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-litecoin-addresses.html
EternalWingsofGod

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 04:55:16 AM

I was a bit amused that the liquidity on cavirtex was low enough that the price of a litecoin went up to 9.30 for the weekly high
Either way the price seems stable at around 3.50-4.00 CAD now

NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 05:56:26 AM

Any reason why?

this might be something like Cyprus last time when all go up. think that all altcoin will be effected like last time but it would be go just for ltc to go over 3$ barrier

$3, checked
$4, ?
$5, ?
$moon, ?

after 5$ this coin will be dump very hard so many people holding and wait to dump it

What does a richlist tell you about the potential to dump? Nothing.. It's the same as showing the total amount of coins.. With every cent LTC rises, people get more and more hope it will rise another cent, preventing dumping for now.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 06:12:55 AM

With the price surging why isn't the difficulty?  Next change is in a few minutes and its going to drop 1%.  You would think a bunch of people would switch to litecoin mining.

LONG POSTING!!!!

RAMBLING SPECULATION BELOW... BASED ON HOPE/PRAYER AND BOREDOM ....you have been warned (put me on /ignore I don't mind jeez I don't even know you are alive) Smiley

there are NO new pow scrypt miners in the works ...for data hall or home mining....there is no sha-256 bitcoin home miners although some for data hall equipment ...or on hold
till BTC price rises other data hall own use setups

thus stuff like a 50mh GAW War Machine say ..using (if I remember right) 900w or some such even at 3 buck LTC ..it just don't pay to run thus falling off the back end
of the equipment chain with no new equip in the future (for now) so remaining POW scrypt miners see less equip to compete against as time goes on and the difficulty dropping.

as far as I remember (feel free to correct) the way the waves of POW scrypt asic miners hitting the market was something like this lower end stuff was out sooner then
higher end stuff but the wattage to run any of this equipment was still high (compared to say the titans for more speed)

5mh
15-35mh
50mh
90mh
256mh
350mh titan batch 1
400mh titan batch 2

er something in that theme...so the 50mh used like big time watts compared to the Titan say..and NO and I mean NO... NEW POW scrypt miners filling the field at ALL (like used to happen with btc and ltc home miners remember the fun year of 2014 with difficulty rises from equipment glut...ah it was yecchy)

Also more folk now ..again imho ..are turning their older pow scrypt miners off even at the 3 buck price for LTC ...some of this stuff it don't pay to play Smiley

... ..especially the stuff UNDER say 50mh...in fact  a person could make the case that the price is just a reflection of the pow scrypt miners that remain ..holding LTC or POW alts because at least on paper..it looks really really good at these prices and difficulty IF you have  a high end miner like a 350mh Titan and IF you are holding etc etc so the price you see say for
LTC could be a result of those remaining miners having one last hurrah...until the equipment goes doorstop (remember scrypt-n all the titans went there and within a week the coins were no longer worth mining due to the difficulty rise of the titan folk mining scrypt n like a bat out of hell and holding till the collapse)

I too am holding (may jump out on a whim and convert to BTC) I would assume that as BTC price goes up and also the LTC price and/or other ALT scrypt coin prices
were to also go up and/or follow BTC's lead that say at around $5 LTC coin (along with my prev theory above) you'd hear about at least some folk getting some more pow scrypt equip out in the world..would take prob 6-9 months and they'd probably try to make it pre-order again (yech!) but again IF there is a market for an alternative coin(s) to BTC and IF the price was high enough....you could see more home miners and/or data halls etc of pow scrypt miners in the future....(12 buck LTC I'd bet on it then for sure)

as of right now the only company with proto-test chips out to users of bitcointalk etc along this line is ...sfards with its dual sha-256/scrypt chip has said as much

but anyway WHY difficulty is going down in my opinion .......as to if this is all a bubble before the crash ..due to speculative nature of alts ..no new pow equip scrypt in the works
of any note and what that means for future of LTC and other alts I've no clue...esp as difficulty goes down as in my case (2 titan(s) the amount of coin I make goes up every 3 days and the price has doubled ......sheesh......may be like a sled down the hill the ride was great the crash may  be EPIC!

but nature abhors a vacuum....as they say.. ...so again my current assumptions are 1) If people really like LTC and/or other pow based scrypt alt coins as an alternative option to bitcoin ie the silver to gold analogy they will continue to plug along as a source of coin at around say .01 to 1 btc imho  ..and again some of this on my part is that blockchain and sidechain action will for sure imho go to LTC for sure and prob the other top 10 pow scrypt alt coins .....making this first assumption of miner here more solid

2) if that is the case the price could??? rise to say 5 or 6 bucks on such side action demand for an alternative(s) coins to BTC .thus I'd assume the equipment logjam would break .....even if just srypt data halls the big boys will run

IF NOT

then with nothing but Titans at say 350mh at the end of  the line a year from now no new equp etc ....last man standing....and say all other equipment rolling off the other end eventually because cost per scrypt pow coins are to expensive to mine..it will be like scrypt-N coins..boy could you miner a lot of them babies.......(ie but the coins are now worth zip because of lack of equip and infrastructure)

if that is the result then pow scrypt coin mining would go the way of GPU mining and any POW mining of any coin OR ANY SCRYPT POW COINS IN GENERAL at that point would be of just a historical note...ie dead as the dodo..Boat has sunk...that duck has quacked .....the president has left the building ..etc/etc/etc ...."THATS ALL FOLKS!...ouch!

But again I suspect ..people want an alternative to BTC and a blockchain sidechain apps works just fine on pow scrypt alts for future innovation as it does for bitcoin...so with this void
I'd suspect more equipment folk then sfards will be making pow scrypt equip in the future if the price is right on pow alt coins and say LTC (5-6 bucks is my guess) even if it is was just its own data farm (I would suspect KNC of doing this at least in a modest basis with even a small data hall for pow scrypt miners with titan module/cubes..if for no other reason they have the tech and the money..if I am correct on the above stuff I've been spouting here (doubtful) look for some kind of announcement from them first at say 6 buck coin would be my guess)

All the above is speculation on my part..and to further speculate..IF there is NEVER AGAIN any pow scrypt coin asic equipment made beyond the high end titan machines...well the whole pow scrypt concept imho is then dead as a doornail LTC/dodge/ they'd be all gone......you can't have a network with eventual difficulty rise running on nothing but last man standing titans on the calculation of electricity vs difficulty use...even if you are mining pow scrypt alts to BTC directly on say a multipool like www.nicehash.com..it will all come crashing down to dust

So the catch is 1) Is there really room for alternative coins to BTC and if so are traditional POW scrypt alt coins like LTC/Dodge etc in that camp? (or are they dodo's?)

2) IF/Will the price go up to a point (say 6 bucks for LTC equiv for other pow alt coins) and would that be enough to get new pow scrypt miner equipment out there in the world
even on a 5-6 month timeline...er home miner or even just data hall $$$ for their own use?

my current bet is YES but again that can change on a whim and you need the 2 things above in conjunction for it to have any chance ......(scary times in pow alt world imho)

but then again what do I know I at one time bought from BFL (got refunded 1yr late) ... but still consider the source of the above Smiley

zenitzz

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 09:28:59 AM

sorry no hope, price this coin always drop
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 12:16:12 PM

Any reason why?

$3, checked
$4, ?
$5, ?
$moon, ?

More it will be when and if it hits 7$ then if survive it will hold but if drop it will go bellow 2$ and it will stay there.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2015, 02:43:42 PM

triple topping

Could be...one thing I've learned 'round here is to get leery when everyone else gets excited.

To be less cynical/standoffish: if you kick yourself for not buying (say) a week ago, it's good for your wallet to kick yourself into not buying now. Tell yourself, "that bus is on the road; there's no point in chasing it." Another bus - a bus on the same line - will come along later. Smiley

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

temroa

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 02:47:48 PM

idk is this right or not but seems like last chance for ltc holders for more than 1 year

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 04:56:53 PM

Just wait, if Greece will get capital controls the price of BTC and LTC will skyrock as in late 2013.
tampazeus

Activity: 924

Lick me like a lolipop

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 05:37:06 PM

Just wait, if Greece will get capital controls the price of BTC and LTC will skyrock as in late 2013.

Keep dreaming. That wont happen. Its not possible.
Oscilson

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 06:31:29 PM

Keep dreaming. That wont happen. Its not possible.

It is possible.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 160 »
  Print  

Jump to: