Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:58:47 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 160 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin is officially dead  (Read 290683 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:14:42 AM

I dont know if btsx is a ponzy by definition in that it needs to keep rising or it blows up but I do know that it is innovative and devs deserve full credits for the hard work they put in.. I also know that LTC is accepted by many retailers alongside bitcoin so its not going anywhere... my point is... just buy the top 4 or 5 coins and wait a few years... you will do just fine!

BTSX is no ponzi or scam etc...  Take a look around their forums, wiki pages, and download the client itself.  The team of devs have put their names out there and are not hiding behind forum handles.  They have been doing a lot of online interviews etc...

Start here to read the background on DPOS algorithm:
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/DPOS

Continue here to read about the security and simplicity of sending to names instead of addresses:
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/TITAN

Listen to this episode from a few weeks back:
Let's talk Bitcoin! episode 129.  Starts around 12 minute mark with the lead dev Dan.  Great listen.
http://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/lets-talk-bitcoin-129-dogeparty-and-delegated-proof-of-stake

Which leads to the asset exchange:
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Bitshares_X

Finally finish up with this to really get you thinking about where bitcoin ideology will go:
http://bitshares.org/overstock-to-cryptostock/

With all the above were just scratching the surface of possibilities.

Theres a thread around where a few ppl claimed with logic that it had to be a ponzi, in that it has to keep rising in price to be sustainable.. but although I think Bytemaster refuted some of the logic I didnt read the entire thread but dont think he refuted some of it...

Dont get me wrong I think its a great project, not a scam at all! Just if you read my post I meant what I said.. ponzi which may be ok at this time.. maybe you can consider btc to be  a ponzi too if price is correalted with success of theproject in many ipeoples minds.. then it must rise to succeed, but I think there is some logic there that seperates btsx..

read: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=298677.120

But I do believe its up up up from here.

LTC? not going anywhere it has the network affect behind it.
digitalblock

Activity: 840
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:26:20 AM

The way everyone has been talking about ltc that its dead  its not dead you just want to say it. If you personally gave up on it just leave you don't have to type its dead. If you decide to leave this ancient coin look at a few x11 coins that are entering the market with active devs and a long term motive behind it. Cause if you think about it ltc has not been on the planet that long and its not showing a long term solution to help all of us stick with it.
promojo

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:31:44 AM

DRK and XMR are next stop for GPU miners

Dont think there is much drk adoption?  Cryptsy has it but not btc-e..  What is the coin worth in usd right now?
promojo

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:39:43 AM

Litecoin IS officially dead and the BitsharesX is rapidly catching up to it. BitsharesX is the most innovative cryptocurrency to date that is why it has risen so much over the last few days.

Oh yeah?  What reputible exchange offers that coin?   Exactly
digitalblock

Activity: 840

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:57:15 AM

Darkcoin and Prime-XI are still new, those are the better X11 out there
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 06:07:20 AM

Hm, I am seriously thinking to move all my BTC to LTC these days. It just smells the bottom. We tested lows twice and bounced very aggressively.

OKCoin LTC weekly volume is highest ever on any exchange, it's bigger than on btc-e during launch of last huge bubble. Much bigger. And it's 5-8 times bigger than OKCoin LTC volume during that phase.

BTCe volume is not as big though but BTC-e had much bigger share of LTC market back then.

I'm tempted, very tempted.

Smart people buy when the price is low.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 06:29:15 AM

Litecoin IS officially dead and the BitsharesX is rapidly catching up to it. BitsharesX is the most innovative cryptocurrency to date that is why it has risen so much over the last few days.

How old is btsx? Exactly
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 10:44:02 AM

Hm, I am seriously thinking to move all my BTC to LTC these days. It just smells the bottom. We tested lows twice and bounced very aggressively.

OKCoin LTC weekly volume is highest ever on any exchange, it's bigger than on btc-e during launch of last huge bubble. Much bigger. And it's 5-8 times bigger than OKCoin LTC volume during that phase.

BTCe volume is not as big though but BTC-e had much bigger share of LTC market back then.

Smart people buy when the price is low.

Welcome to contrary investing: "Buy the gloom, sell the excitement."

Only risk is holdin' a bag...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 02:41:49 PM

Same..  I might drop some Fiat on LTC actually..  FTC also attracts me.
promojo

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:17:40 PM

How old is btsx? Exactly

So then there is no need to speculate at this point.
darkota (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 09:50:59 PM

Same..  I might drop some Fiat on LTC actually..  FTC also attracts me.

So you guys would buy into dying/dead coins like Feathercoin and Litecoin, that have absolutely Nothing going for it since they are both 100% Bitcoin clones and are going down in price everyday because of lack of buyers....?

Yea makes sense  Roll Eyes Now I know why 99% of people involved with crypto trading lose all their money. Geniuses.
DooMAD
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 3160

Leave no FUD unchallenged

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 10:36:07 PM

Curious about the interest in FTC.  Aside from the fact it's about the lowest price it's ever been, I've not seen any buy signals that would indicate anyone else taking an interest in it.  Last I heard there wasn't much active development, but to be fair I haven't paid any attention to it for at least 6 months.  It seems I'm still holding 0.249 FTC for some reason.
darkota (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:55:38 AM

Curious about the interest in FTC.  Aside from the fact it's about the lowest price it's ever been, I've not seen any buy signals that would indicate anyone else taking an interest in it.  Last I heard there wasn't much active development, but to be fair I haven't paid any attention to it for at least 6 months.  It seems I'm still holding 0.249 FTC for some reason.

And FTC is only going to get lower, along with it's bitcoin-clone brother, LTC.
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 05:24:34 AM

maybe not new coin is announced litecoindark same people are involved in this maybe they will use this to boost up ltc or drop it completely.
i near future we will see what will happen so dont drop out just yet ltc.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 06:51:37 AM

Curious about the interest in FTC.  Aside from the fact it's about the lowest price it's ever been, I've not seen any buy signals that would indicate anyone else taking an interest in it.  Last I heard there wasn't much active development, but to be fair I haven't paid any attention to it for at least 6 months.  It seems I'm still holding 0.249 FTC for some reason.

FTC are changing from scrypt to something else. A year or two ago this would of been a big thing. Nowadays this just doesn't cut the ice.

MaxDZ8

Activity: 672

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 09:28:36 AM

Agreed.
darkota (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 03:25:04 PM

Curious about the interest in FTC.  Aside from the fact it's about the lowest price it's ever been, I've not seen any buy signals that would indicate anyone else taking an interest in it.  Last I heard there wasn't much active development, but to be fair I haven't paid any attention to it for at least 6 months.  It seems I'm still holding 0.249 FTC for some reason.

maybe not new coin is announced litecoindark same people are involved in this maybe they will use this to boost up ltc or drop it completely.
i near future we will see what will happen so dont drop out just yet ltc.

I wouldn't count on that, "boost up ltc"
Marmelaada

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:16:04 AM

Should i ltc sell or buy more ?

Will litecoin rise up or go down ?
broken_pixel

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:34:39 AM

Did the OP sell all his stash at .50 cents?  Roll Eyes

GA-990FXA-UD5, 1x 7970L, 2x S1, AX1200i, RIVBE, 2x R290x, NEX1500, BTC: 1G9cQix8bMgh35MQ9wY3Rb9yNSSCtnoRmK, DGC: DFo9FcKYsutv9Vx5c5xUzkrt7VJdECZWTM, LTC: LaAN33aktPGaimN5ALL9kjHjuJekfmKfTh
Propulsion

Activity: 658

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:36:58 AM

I think Litecoin wins the award for most times pronounced dead.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 160 »
  Print  

Jump to: