Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 11:05:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 160 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin is officially dead  (Read 290683 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 04:58:41 PM

Well, LTC is following BTC down pretty much and I do think there will be a coin to overtake LTC in time, probably an anonymous coin or something that really adds value.

However, with that said, we need to consider that LTC has a very strong network and 2.0 coins that ride shotgun on BTC, like Counterparty, can always use the LTC network
as well (heard this on LTBTC podcast). So, I may not see LTC as being successful the way we know it to be, but I do think it might still take off once this bear market ends...
Only marketcap that will be higher is bitshares.. ripple is a scam imo so top 3 will be btc bitshares and ltc
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 07:40:34 AM

Well, LTC is following BTC down pretty much and I do think there will be a coin to overtake LTC in time, probably an anonymous coin or something that really adds value.

However, with that said, we need to consider that LTC has a very strong network and 2.0 coins that ride shotgun on BTC, like Counterparty, can always use the LTC network
as well (heard this on LTBTC podcast). So, I may not see LTC as being successful the way we know it to be, but I do think it might still take off once this bear market ends...
Only marketcap that will be higher is bitshares.. ripple is a scam imo so top 3 will be btc bitshares and ltc

LTC never let me down in past year and little more. I can always count on him.
Reason is simple you can always count this when btc is falling ltc is falling and other way around.

So for me LTC is prime for market and he never let me down.

For bishares there is promising future so i will keep my eye on it.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

johny08
Legendary

Activity: 1045
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 08:36:54 AM

the price of ltc is heading down to $1.5, because mining getting more and more cheaper. Thats the fate of all Asics currencies. I estimate $2.5 in dec14 and $1.5 in april/june15.
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 08:40:34 AM

the price of ltc is heading down to $1.5, because mining getting more and more cheaper. Thats the fate of all Asics currencies. I estimate $2.5 in dec14 and $1.5 in april/june15.

The price of LTC heading south has nothing to do with the cost of mining. Same as any other coin. The price depends on demand only.
o0‡0o

Activity: 227
Merit: 103

Have faith.

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 10:42:37 AM

The price of LTC heading south has nothing to do with the cost of mining. Same as any other coin. The price depends on demand only.
If you are paying hundreds or even thousands of percent above production cost on a new product you getting ripped off, no ifs no buts.

Get used to it.
devphp

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 10:45:55 AM

If you are paying hundreds or even thousands of percent above production cost on a new product you getting ripped off, no ifs no buts.

It costs a cent or two to produce a $100 or 500-euro bank note. Now calculate how much percent that bank note is over production cost. Demand is the keyword.
o0‡0o

Activity: 227
Merit: 103

Have faith.

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:19:30 AM

It costs a cent or two to produce a $100 or 500-euro bank note. Now calculate how much percent that bank note is over production cost. Demand is the keyword.
Hmm, i wonder why you in crypto and talk about the worthless fiat

Get used to it.
devphp

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:35:29 AM

Fiat is not worthless literally while you can still buy something with it and while the cost to produce fiat is below its purchasing power. The laws of supply and demand, and price discovery coming out of those work the same, be it fiat, crypto or commodity based money.
Balls

Activity: 338

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 01:02:45 PM

Fiat is not worthless literally while you can still buy something with it and while the cost to produce fiat is below its purchasing power. The laws of supply and demand, and price discovery coming out of those work the same, be it fiat, crypto or commodity based money.

Both fiat and Litecoin are only worth something because people believe they are worth something. Clearly both are of worth, but that could both change in the future.
devphp

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 01:21:45 PM

Both fiat and Litecoin are only worth something because people believe they are worth something. Clearly both are of worth, but that could both change in the future.

You can say that about anything that doesn't have intrinsic value (something that can be used for its own properties), including Bitcoin. Demand drives price, not the cost of mining. That's the point I make here.
Oscilson

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 05:46:39 PM

You can say that about anything that doesn't have intrinsic value (something that can be used for its own properties), including Bitcoin. Demand drives price, not the cost of mining. That's the point I make here.

The usefulness is most important.
azguard
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 07:27:25 AM

Now coming the holidays all over the world.
By the Christmas price will be stable and i think that several online purchase sites will add paying in crypto.
So i think it will be good, and price might be going up not much but promising.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Oscilson

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 08:19:09 AM

By the Christmas price will be stable and i think that several online purchase sites will add paying in crypto.

We need a payment platform.
07Ghost

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 08:48:12 AM

Why do you think that???
Purple Wayne

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 09:10:03 AM

Litecoin is far from dead. It's price has been pretty stable and is still worth much more than most of the other alts.

If they were going to do that they probably would've released the info already. Shops start with their Christmas mode late Oct or early Nov.

I only wanted 2 see u underneath the Purple Wayne.
sq

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 09:35:44 AM

Litecoin is far from dead. It's price has been pretty stable and is still worth much more than most of the other alts.

If they were going to do that they probably would've released the info already. Shops start with their Christmas mode late Oct or early Nov.

yep i agree...

azguard
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 01:00:50 PM

yep i agree...

I hope so last year this was i first signal for pumping up the price.
I sure hope to happen again

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

MrBig

Activity: 369

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 01:18:08 PM

yep i agree...

The price got pumped up last year because of bots and Chinese buying BTC.
CryptoCarmen

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 01:46:27 PM

Rest in peace baby.
BootstrapCoinDev

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 03:14:39 PM

yep i agree...

The price got pumped up last year because of bots and Chinese buying BTC.

The price has been pumped because of market forces in work. Yes, there are a lots who want Litecoin millionaires to be tracked down and held hostage at gunpoint for their private keys.
That way they can get rich... I mean... that way Litecoin can be adopted by the masses. Yes, LTC does not offer more functions than any other alts but for other coins, they are still too new, and too small market capitalization. When your employer pay you salary, do not want other people to associate the payment to you. BTC and LTC can have the association. For example, Fibre or even XMR does not have that, so you have more privacy.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 160 »
  Print  

Jump to: