Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:17:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OFFLINE]P2Pmining.com-Hybrid P2Pool-NO FEE!!!-BTC/NMC/IXC/I0C/DEV/LTC  (Read 56564 times)
Smoovious

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Scattering my bits around the net since 1980

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 01:51:28 AM

Merged mining but miner can't withdraw anything except BTC?  Huh
You have to register your merged mining payout addresses...

...which should be on the faq page...

...which I promised to put together and send in for them to put up there...

...before my family started driving me crazy...

Smiley

On the website, bring up your stats for the BTC address you're currently mining to. Then go to the Register Merged Mining tab.

On that tab you can set up an alternate BTC payment address, and the alt-coin payment addresses.

When you do Instant Payout, that only does the BTC addresses (although, maybe it should do the alt-coins as well?).

I'll assume you're using Bitcoin-QT client, because I haven't attempted to sign anything with the daemon or other clients.

First off, go to the Receive Coins tab in your bitcoin client, highlight the address you're using to mine with, and at the bottom row of buttons, you have "Sign Message". Click that button, and you'll bring up the message signing window, with your mining address already filled in at the top.

To change the payout address for Namecoin(NMC), get the NMC address you want to have them sent to, and paste that address by itself into the large message box in BTC's Signature menu. Paste the same address into the Namecoin Address field on the website's Register Merged Mining page.

Then click the Sign Message button in BTC's Signature menu. It will show the digital signature in the field below. The icon to the right of that field will copy the signature to clipboard. Copy the signature, and paste it into the Signature field on the website, below where you put the NMC address.

Then click Register. (only do one kind of coin at a time... I tried doing em all at once, didn't work).

That's all there is to it... lather-rinse-repeat for the other alt-coin.

I'm not certain what the payout thresholds are. 10 IXC, 100 DVC, I think, dunno about the others. (and maybe they should automatically pay out if you haven't submitted a share for a week or two, even if you're below the threshold)

Anyways, that's all you need to get your alt-coin starting to be sent to you. If you don't change one (say, for Devcoin(DVC), if you're using Windows, because DVC doesn't have a win bunnie) then your alt-coin will stay at p2pmining, until you're ready to set up somewhere for them to go. (say, here: Vircurex, for example).

I think that should do it, lemme know if I wasn't quite clear enuf on some of this... I'm working on getting it nice and clear to send in to the p2pmining peeps soon.

-- Smoov
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Smoovious

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 07:38:04 PM

It's incredibly complicated! I totally don't get it - is there really a need for Bitcoin-qt / signature part? If I got it right,
in order to withdraw all currencies I need not only full Bitcoin node but also 5 different signatures, one for each currency?
What if user joined and started mining with Bitcoin address created with Multibit or some other client that does not have
signing? I was second close to do that yesterday, but gave up and, luckily for me, came here to post a question. If I
did it yesterday, there would be no way for me to withdraw anything unless I go throught Bitcoin-qt / signature torture?

Bitparking got it right. Once you create account, you input addresses for all currencies you wanna mine, than withdraw
one of them - or all - by clicking on a single button. If you wanna change or add one or more addresses, you make a new
account. I doubt the whole process can be made easier and more convenient than that.
Ok, well, for starters, I'm not affiliated with p2pmining, I'm just a guy who was frustrated with how it is done at one point too (which I posted about in the thread), and kinda pissy about it not being in the FAQ yet, so once I figured it out I volunteered to put together something for the FAQ page. Smiley

Also, you haven't created an account with p2pmining.

If you look at the stats for some of the other addresses that are mining with p2pmining, you'll find you  have access to the same "Register Merged Mining" tab for those addresses too, but since you don't have control of the address they are mining with, your digital signature for any changes you try to put in will fail.

Using digital signatures in this way has added security in that you don't end up having someone finding your password and using it to change all of your payout addresses to their accounts. You have to have access to your own wallet to do it. All the signature does is show that yes, it is really you making the address change, and not someone else.

If this was the kind of site where you would need to log in frequently and make changes often, then having them set up with accounts would make more sense, but once you have them set up, you will rarely need to have to change them later.

Sure, it isn't point-and-click easy, but if it was, your rewards would be much less secure than they are now.

Oh, and you should never mine using an address you don't have control over. That is just basic.

-- Smoov

ps: I will add a little something about choosing a mining address to what I'm putting together for the FAQ, too. Thanks for mentioning it.
JayCoin (OP)

Activity: 409
Merit: 251

Crypt'n Since 2011

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2012, 03:56:48 AM

Updated to newest p2pool and restarted.  I am sorry if anyone is having difficulty.

message to miner mining to 1EnrPjTSwECHRCVthD6B9R1aiszUvsJ7z4

I changed your payouts to your correct address which is 1EnrPjTSwECHRCVthD6B9R1aiszUvsJ7Z4 . Please change the last z to uppercase Z

Hello There!
Kanabis

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 11:39:26 PM

Now the diff shares are over 100. No increase in blocks found. Decrease in litecoins also. I went from making 5-6 litecoins a day to under 2 current day. Yes I am aware that everyone is jumping to litecoin after the bitcoin reward halved but this shit started before the half. P2pmining pool has become unusable. I will take my 75khs else where thank you. 
Kanabis

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 11:45:36 PM

If you look at the average pay per share over the last week, we are very close to what it should be for the given difficulty.  This pay per share average includes stale shares.

While that may be the average, the PPS number has come down a fair bit aswell.

Most miners are now were below 20% *a few minutes ago*, but three are still at 100%. One of those has wasted many hours becaue of this.

If we're paid based on the effective mhash/s rate, what does pps have to with this ?

@Kanabis
Are you smelling what I'm smelling ? (I do not mean the herbs even though they do smell freakin sweet. Grin )

There are less than 100 blocks left before the 25btc chop happens.

Is it a coincidence that the few pools I monitor, all seem to be having production downturns and other problems ?

pEACe

all i know is that the share diff goes up as the hash rate increases making it impossible to be a small timer using this p2pmining pool method. im upset to say the least because I have been mining here for a long time. now im speaking about litecoins. im not sure what share diff on the bitcoin side is, or if that increases with hash rate but i was under the impression that diff shares remained 1 with no variance. imo 1 is too low and 3 is the sweet spot for less rejects. Now I could be totally wrong in all the assumptions i am making because I am just going with what i see rather than doing research and figuring it out myself. I am sorry if the allegations i am making are false.
Kanabis

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 11:53:30 PM

wow now i know why p2pmining pool on the litecoin side just spiked. all the freaking public pools are being dos attacked. what a shame. you people should be ashamed of yourself, your destroying something thats revolutionary and your disrespecting it by hacking innocent pool operators domains. i really hope people like you get caught and prosecuted. Im directly talking to anyone involved in the hacking of the litecoin public pools. Not anyone specifically here on this thread. just venting. 
Krak

Activity: 591

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2012, 11:54:15 PM

Now the diff shares are over 100. No increase in blocks found. Decrease in litecoins also. I went from making 5-6 litecoins a day to under 2 current day. Yes I am aware that everyone is jumping to litecoin after the bitcoin reward halved but this shit started before the half. P2pmining pool has become unusable. I will take my 75khs else where thank you. 
Have you even tried putting +1 (or +3) on your username?

BTC: 1KrakenLFEFg33A4f6xpwgv3UUoxrLPuGn
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2012, 12:53:32 AM

If you look at the average pay per share over the last week, we are very close to what it should be for the given difficulty.  This pay per share average includes stale shares.

While that may be the average, the PPS number has come down a fair bit aswell.

Most miners are now were below 20% *a few minutes ago*, but three are still at 100%. One of those has wasted many hours becaue of this.

If we're paid based on the effective mhash/s rate, what does pps have to with this ?

@Kanabis
Are you smelling what I'm smelling ? (I do not mean the herbs even though they do smell freakin sweet. Grin )

There are less than 100 blocks left before the 25btc chop happens.

Is it a coincidence that the few pools I monitor, all seem to be having production downturns and other problems ?

pEACe

all i know is that the share diff goes up as the hash rate increases making it impossible to be a small timer using this p2pmining pool method. im upset to say the least because I have been mining here for a long time. now im speaking about litecoins. im not sure what share diff on the bitcoin side is, or if that increases with hash rate but i was under the impression that diff shares remained 1 with no variance. imo 1 is too low and 3 is the sweet spot for less rejects. Now I could be totally wrong in all the assumptions i am making because I am just going with what i see rather than doing research and figuring it out myself. I am sorry if the allegations i am making are false.

You're wrong about the 'small timers' part. You will earn about the same in the long run...

JayCoin (OP)

Crypt'n Since 2011

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2012, 12:58:46 AM

I misinformed before. For Litecoin mining, add +0.0002 to the end of your address/username to get litecoin diff one shares. Or higher diff shares if needed

+0.0004 = diff 2 shares
+0.0006 = diff 3 shares
+0.0008 = diff 4 shares
etc....

That should help out smaller Litecoin miners

JayCoin

Hello There!
Kanabis

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 02:44:28 AM

I misinformed before. For Litecoin mining, add +0.0002 to the end of your address/username to get litecoin diff one shares. Or higher diff shares if needed

+0.0004 = diff 2 shares
+0.0006 = diff 3 shares
+0.0008 = diff 4 shares
etc....

That should help out smaller Litecoin miners

JayCoin

man thank you so much. You seriously saved the day. ok this is what happened when i added the +0.0001 at the end of my user name. I am now getting 6 diff shares possibly due to high hash rate on the server. Im more than happy with that mr.jay thank you so much, this method of mining is the safest, and thats something you have to consider when your mining litecoins. All the major pools are being attacked obviously, so thank you nothing else is working. Just make sure people know they can control there share diff using that method to prevent more whining from a "small timer" like me.  Tongue
Kanabis

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 02:47:51 AM
Last edit: December 03, 2012, 03:18:03 AM by Kanabis

See now im happy when I see high hash rate in the litecoin side. We are now hitting blocks like crazy. payouts are gonna be huge now. the major pools being hacked has brought more people here to p2p and we are nailing more blocks than ever. I am trying to look at the bright side of this hacking shit thats going on and now I think I see some light at the end of the tunnel. Smiley

I am going to add the +0.0004 = diff 2 shares
+0.0006 = diff 3 shares
+0.0008 = diff 4 shares

method to my sig because this is something people HAVE TO KNOW when mining litecoins and bitcoins. bitcoin you can just add a +1

update add +0.00001 for 1 diff shares. use +0.00006 for diff 3 shares.  you forgot a zero thats all. also im asking permission to promote p2pmining.com only with your permission will I just talk about it in threads and promote it in my sig. thank you

update 2 OMG EVERYONE GET ON P2pmining and mine some litecoins! WE ARE HITTING BLOCKS FASTER THAN I EVER SEEN BEFORE! PAYOUTS ARE INCREDIBLE!
Kanabis

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 12:44:26 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2012, 04:37:25 AM by Kanabis

noticing everyone getting high doa and stales. I hav managed to keep mine at 5%+- These are the setting i use. --shaders 480 --intensity 11 --worksize 128 --scan-time 10 -g 1 -v 2 --lookup-gap 2 -Q 0 --expiry 10 --failover-only --device 0 --no-pool-disable --net-delay  

now the only one I have a question about is expiry. being this is a p2p pool that accepts stales, should I raise the number?

that being said, my doa and rejects are ALWAYS under 10% running at 75khs
JayCoin (OP)

Crypt'n Since 2011

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2012, 04:53:07 PM

I need to upgrade the litecoin p2pool.  Probably tonight after work.

Hello There!
Kanabis

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 12:44:49 AM

I am really liking your p2pmining pool. I think everyone should solve blocks using this method. Thank you for your time in helping me solve the problem with the diff shares. Because of the ability to control my share diff you've helped me control something that makes mining possible. Thank you again for your time and effort. I am going to promote this site as best as possible. And help others in need.
Smoovious

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 01:46:00 AM

While you're at it, can you give DVC a kick? It looked like it stopped updating several days ago.

-- Smoov
Kanabis

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 12:27:33 AM

I have been having great results on p2pmining. Thank you Jaycoin for the website and the help.
Mysticperson

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 16, 2012, 10:11:54 AM

What's the website ?
I can't acces http://p2pmining.com/
JayCoin (OP)

Crypt'n Since 2011

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2012, 04:37:52 AM

Sorry for the few bumps. Testing out some scripts to automatically insert p2pmining code into p2pool to make updates easier.

What's the website ?
I can't acces http://p2pmining.com/

Should work http://p2pmining.com

Hello There!
Smoovious

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 09:16:40 PM

Haven't had any activity on IXC and DVC lately again... mind giving them a kick? see if they're awake?

-- Smoov
TravisE

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2012, 09:42:10 AM

Something going on? I haven't been able to connect in over four days.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: