Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:13:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitshares-PTS to double/triple in price in the next 45 days!!?  (Read 15203 times)
clout

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 05:28:41 AM

BitShares X is going to be made liquid in the next two weeks.

Is BitShares X the one that was snapshot on Feb 28, initially called Protoshares?
I am confused with all the terminology Cheesy

The terminology can be confusing as BitShares is more than just a single platform. BitShares X is the bank and exchange, the snapshot of which took place on Feb 28. BitShares PTS was formally called protoshares, but there was a trademark conflict that required a rebranding of the name. BitShares PTS is simply a clone of bitcoin that uses momentum proof of work to make it asic resistant. PTS holders are preallocated at least 10% shares in future DACs.
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoincal

Activity: 132

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 08:54:53 AM

Top 10 reasons to be excited about BitShares right now

Reason 6: Next PTS Snapshots

Next PTS Snapshots for new DACS? That's what you get by donating to PTS now? Any idea what those new DACS those will be?

Yes the three main ones I'm focusing on are the BitShares.p2p domain system, a lottery DAC called BitShares Lotto & BitShares Music. But there's more in the pipeline at various stages. (I noticed a third party is putting this site together Bitsharesmarket.com which covers a lot of the DAC's.)

To be honest the tough part is valuing their effect on PTS. Say I estimate those three DAC's are probably worth a combined 50 mil. BitShares only commits to give PTS a minimum of 10% of the equity. (However in BitShares X which should be trading in a week or two they gave PTS 50%) So personally I'm hoping for more average equity. Either way PTS is undervalued in my opinion and will jump to reflect the value of whatever the announcements are.

BitShares X is going to be trading where?

Sorry, for all the questions. This seems promising. I'm just not exactly sure where the best entry is?

Donating to AGS in the next few days you get a higher share value of the other DACS.
PTS is undervalued and could double/triple in value.
Bitshares-X has an amazing potential and is almost ready to launch.

BitShares X is going to be made liquid in the next two weeks. It will probably be picked up by every major exchange. Currently pts is traded on bter and crypsty and i would expect xts (bitshares x symbol) to be traded on these exchanges initially and then traded on other exchanges. the api is very simple there is good documentation on how to compare its uses with use of the bitcoin api. since blocktimes are 15 seconds and confirmation takes 1 block i would expect as many exchanges as possible will adopt its use.

I would say of the three possible investment vehicles ags, pts and xts, xts will probably provide the best return although there is the minor possibility of the network being reset given some unforeseen bugs. bitshares x is in active alfa testing and the probability of a reset is minimal but there is always that risk. pts is a good strategy since you can get equity in new dacs while still maintaining a liquid asset. pts is going to get upgrade to the dpos blockchain, so that in and of itself can lead to a great value proposition. ags shares are not liquid but they are probably more undervalued by the market than even pts.

in terms of the three different investment vehicles xts has the greatest possible return, ags has the second greatest and pts comes in third. it is all about preferences and risks.

Thanks, you explained that well and have clearly done your homework.

1CuWECCUQwkmQTpJdXd6Ga5tXKoJ5f8tPb
megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:50:14 PM

Are AGS and PTS not the exact same except one is illiquid and the other liquid? Or is their some other stipulations on top of each? Do some DAC's deliver more % to either or?

FandangledGizmo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 06:10:22 PM

Are AGS and PTS not the exact same except one is illiquid and the other liquid? Or is their some other stipulations on top of each? Do some DAC's deliver more % to either or?

Yes PTS is liquid. AGS is not. They should both get a minimum of 10% in BitShares related DAC's.
(It's possible in future someone may wish to honour PTS/AGS more than that & at different amounts.)

As a result you get really good value if you donate to AGS, but that's only available for 11 more days (End of 200 day donation period.)

http://www1.agsexplorer.com/
misterbowls

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 06:54:04 PM

So BTS-X has become liquid on bter and btc38.  Anyone have any thoughts on it ?  It appears the snapshots from February 28th have been made liquid using the internal backend on bter/btc38.  So you can deposit BTC to buy bts-x, but you can not currently withdraw it.  Is this true ?
FandangledGizmo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 07:08:43 PM

So BTS-X has become liquid on bter and btc38.  Anyone have any thoughts on it ?  It appears the snapshots from February 28th have been made liquid using the internal backend on bter/btc38.  So you can deposit BTC to buy bts-x, but you can not currently withdraw it.  Is this true ?

That is my understanding yes.

I'm not tech, but my understanding is they decided on their own accord to do it (Bter & BTC38) because version 1 of BitShares X will be released very soon.
megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 07:37:17 PM

I dont understand what bter did to make BTSX liquid? Can someone explain..

rabbiter

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 07:44:49 PM

Those Bitshare boys are handsome lads.

CiscoStud

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 07:45:03 PM

Can someone clarify my situations please...

So I finally got rewarded my Bitshares from Bter.

What should I do with the remaining old proshares PTS I have at Bter?  Do they have any useful purpose?

FandangledGizmo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 08:24:39 PM

Can someone clarify my situations please...

So I finally got rewarded my Bitshares from Bter.

What should I do with the remaining old proshares PTS I have at Bter?  Do they have any useful purpose?

Yes, if you're saying you have PTS on the exchange you can either choose to sell them or keep them.  
(If you look on Bter under PTS it has 'Snapshot_PTS_S' once you were allocated those on 28/02/2014 you were free to sell your old PTS or keep them from that date.)

Just like they got you a BitShares X shares (now trading @ a CAP of $25 million) they will also get you shares in future DAC's.
There are a lot being announced the soon. With the big ones being BitShares.P2P, BitShares Music & BitShares lotto.

They are planning to announce dates for snapshots of those shortly after the BitShare-AGS window closes in 11 days. http://www1.agsexplorer.com/
Personally I feel when those are announced PTS will rise in price so I am a buyer right now.

You may want to read BitShares latest newsletter that discusses some of these things - http://bitshares.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/News-Letter-08-July-2014.pdf

bellgarath1

Activity: 49

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 08:28:03 PM

Interesting.

what are other sources so I can do a little research of my own?

Jerry
FandangledGizmo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 08:32:28 PM

Interesting.

what are other sources so I can do a little research of my own?

Jerry

https://bitsharestalk.org/  That is their forum - Over 5000 members  Smiley
http://bitshares.org/         That is their website
ChuckOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 09:17:04 PM

BitShares X if it eventually is able to do what it says on the tin, will have a system that's more decentralised but with enough trust (knowing who will produce next block) that they can handle MasterCard/Visa volumes and process them incredibly rapidly. More importantly you will 'hopefully' be able to hold BitUSD or BitGold on a blockchain. So it's not a shitcoin, more like the - 'could change everything coin' so I guess actually you could call it 'the shit' coin Smiley

Did you confuse something?

This actually sounds like Nxt. Wink
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 09:21:01 PM

BitShares X if it eventually is able to do what it says on the tin, will have a system that's more decentralised but with enough trust (knowing who will produce next block) that they can handle MasterCard/Visa volumes and process them incredibly rapidly. More importantly you will 'hopefully' be able to hold BitUSD or BitGold on a blockchain. So it's not a shitcoin, more like the - 'could change everything coin' so I guess actually you could call it 'the shit' coin Smiley

Cheesy
FandangledGizmo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 10:00:21 PM

Cheesy

Yeah sure, choose NXT - If you like a system that's >10X slower, >10X more expensive with <1/2 the features Tongue

http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Why_choose_Bitshares%3F 

Check out the comparison chart - it's still a work in progress but I think BitShares' new DPOS Blockchain is superior.
(NXT is actually my third biggest holding after Bitcoin & BitShares related stuff though...)
FandangledGizmo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 12:15:00 AM

Cheesy

Yeah sure, choose NXT - If you like a system that's >10X slower, >10X more expensive with <1/2 the features Tongue

Check out the comparison chart - it's still a work in progress but I think BitShares' new DPOS Blockchain is superior.
(NXT is actually my third biggest holding after Bitcoin & BitShares related stuff though...)

Also, you say it sounds like NXT. But you don't have BitGold or BitUsd right?

If I made an asset on NXT exchange and called it NXTUsd, why would any pay a $ for it, why would it track a dollar? It wouldn't.

BitShares X will have assets that can track the price of real world counterparts, using prediction markets and collaterized short positions. Instead of being only able to trade crypto-currencies, like on NXT exchange and others, in BitShares X you'll be able to trade Bit-Assets like BitGold/BitUsd. You can hold the value of gold/currencies/Commodities/Shares on a blockchain! How huge will that be if it works?
That is what I mean when I say it could change everything!

http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Market_Peg
clout

Activity: 207

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:51:04 AM

No it doesnt sound like Nxt. Nxt is coded in java, not c++, which is a liability in and of itself. It cannot scale to Visa volumes... the transactions are both two large and the delegation of block production is not as streamlined as BitShares. It is simply not as scalable of a system. And you do not have market pegged assets that are properly collateralized. It seems that you guys are half way there but not quite. If Nxt were the "could change everything coin" its market cap would have already surpassed litecoin... but i guess in the end we will see what the market consensus demonstrates
ChuckOne

Activity: 364

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 05:09:53 AM

Cheesy

Haha, you know that this table is of course in favor of BitShares? Well, obviously if considering the URI of the wiki.

It only lists features that exists BitShares but not those only available on Nxt. Wink
Recommended confirmation time is of course the same as both use the same underlying technology. Here, I stick to the original. Cheesy

About the other features:
for Nxt:
Anonymous Transactions - next major feature release
Profit Sharing - next major feature release
Market Pegged Assets - next major feature release
for BitShares:
well, no release yet; we will see if they deliver => actually the table should show a big red NO Wink
Neo.op

Activity: 1092
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 05:24:22 AM

Well BTS distribution system is full of holes. First it was:
1 PTS = 1 BTS

Dev's incompetence meant 3I couldn't mine as many as PTS they wanted. So, whats the new plan:
1 PTS ~ 5 AGS = 5 BTS for you (fair enough)

and
1 PTS = 1 BTS for 3I (what the f**)

So basically creating 1 share out of thin air.

1 PTS = 5 BTS for you + 1 BTS for 3I

How will it feel if, say I open an IPO asking you to donate BTC to me. Each BTC will be awarded 1000 coins each. So basically you would think:
1 BTC = 1000 N coins

but then I say, I too have a BTC which you donated so from the same BTC,

Donate BTC = 1000 N coins to me as well
that is,
1 BTC = 2000 coins = 1000 to you and 1000 to me

Thereby, doubling the issue and controlling the majority. So everyone who donated PTS (not BTC) to this campaign, just beware what you have done.

PS: Before anyone jumps the gun, I own a significant amount of PTS but this amount of stupidity just makes me doubt the project.

LYR▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓▓▓████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████▄
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄████▓▓▓▓████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▄▓▓███████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▄▓▓█████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████▄███
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀███▄
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▓▓▓█████
▓▓▓▓▓██████▓▓▓▓█████
▓▓▓▓██████▄▄▄▄▄██████
▓▓▓██████████████████
▓▓███████████████████
██████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████
 ██████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████
██████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████
LYRA  Loyalty Rewards on Blockchain
══════════════════════[ Main Features ]══════════════════════
Customizable tokens ███NFT███ DeFi███ DEX███ Revenue share
devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 05:29:32 AM

Yeah, the confusing investment scheme doesn't provide for a smooth investing experience and makes you think twice. Provided that an overwhelming majority of coins take a pump and then dump after the launch due to various factors, I don't think there is a particular hurry to invest now vs waiting till the live net comes online and major quirks have been ironed out. I hope there would be a way to buy BitShares X somewhere somehow after the launch if they turn out to be a good system, the market will sort itself out. Maybe even someone will set up a gateway on the NXT AE Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: