Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:21:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitshares-PTS to double/triple in price in the next 45 days!!?  (Read 15203 times)
FriendsOfBitshares

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 05:56:05 AM
Last edit: July 15, 2014, 06:07:01 AM by FriendsOfBitshares

Not quite. It relies on stakeholders' vested interest to keep the network running, at a profit or not. At a profit is better but not necessary. It's hard to tell what the fees will be in the future and how many txs the network will be processing, so it's hard to tell what that profit might be. My point was that forging is not to gain profits from it. Forging and running nodes does help profits indirectly, because it makes network stronger, which makes NXT stronger, but profits are only a side effect.

Now I have a question for you. Who subsidizes delegates in BitShares? Where do they get profits from or at least how do they cover their hardware expenses if the fees are planned to be very very low? Isn't this also relying on inflated (in fiat) tx fees in the future?

You're right about there being more value than simple profits.  However, "Vested interest" also sounds perhaps like economics are not there for forgers with low stakes - so you say they are gaining value personally from securing the network.  That works.

We've never said the fees are "very very low", but that there will be only 101 delegates who are taking a part of the transaction fees.  There will likely be other candidates waiting to step up when they are voted in and these will be the guys losing money until the point of their election.  In DPOS, 101 nodes get all the transaction fees equally, according to what they do for the network.  In any stake proportional block-signing variant of POS the problem being discussed exists.  So either the fees are inflated for the little guys and perhaps more for the big guys, or the smaller stakes have to operate nodes at a loss.  I don't know which is the case for any of these types of POS, because I would have to find average transaction fees collected on each network along with the total currency supply etc and compare transaction fees.

Personally I think if someone enjoys running a node then that should be payment enough.  There is nothing wrong with charity.  If you believe in your currency, then go for it.  I've volunteered a lot of time to Bitshares.

However if I do try and run a block-signer aka Delegate, I can either give up after not being elected or know that my profits are a result of running a professional node.  The profit will not be proportional to how much capital I had to invest in the currency itself.  So if I am just a fan without a large stake, I can setup a professional VPS and try my luck at being a delegate without risking anything more than the delegate registration fee and my VPS costs.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 06:00:28 AM

I am looking forward to BitShares release on live net.
FriendsOfBitshares

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 06:03:16 AM

I am looking forward to BitShares release on live net.

Aren't we ALL !?   Smiley

I have a strong feeling it will be sooner than later.
bitcoincal

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:22:40 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2014, 08:29:11 PM by bitcoincal

What's the available supply of Bitshares X?

I was reading the wiki and all the terminology becomes confusing.

BitUSD, BitBTC...

How many different asset names will there be?

The client looks good, I can say that much.

1CuWECCUQwkmQTpJdXd6Ga5tXKoJ5f8tPb
FriendsOfBitshares

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 10:09:28 PM

BitUSD, BitBTC...

Share supply is 2 billion.

Initially there will only be a small number of assets to guarantee market depth.  As it grows, one should expect more assets to become available.  BitUSD is the asset that tracks USD, BitBTC tracks BTC etc. 

I think the current plan is 2 main assets BitGold and BitUSD.  I want to say there will be a third one tied into oil or CNY but I am not entirely  sure.  The wiki is a constant work in progress, but the product itself is a work in progress.
bitcoincal

Activity: 132

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 11:08:27 PM

BitUSD, BitBTC...

Initially there will only be a small number of assets to guarantee market depth.  As it grows, one should expect more assets to become available.  BitUSD is the asset that tracks USD, BitBTC tracks BTC etc. 

I think the current plan is 2 main assets BitGold and BitUSD.  I want to say there will be a third one tied into oil or CNY but I am not entirely  sure.  The wiki is a constant work in progress, but the product itself is a work in progress.

Are the devs behind Bitshares separate from Invictus?

1CuWECCUQwkmQTpJdXd6Ga5tXKoJ5f8tPb
FriendsOfBitshares

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 11:11:32 PM

BitUSD, BitBTC...

Are the devs behind Bitshares separate from Invictus?

I do not know the answer to this question, except both parties work together closely.  So they're not completely separate but I do not know who is an employee of Invictus and who isn't.  Invictus was the original company but they've restructured since then.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 12:27:23 AM

Last time I checked, this was an IPO.  Why would anyone want anything to do with an IPO coin when the coin creator can create hundreds of mule accounts, donate 10 BTC with all of them, get 99% share of the coin, then have all the BTC he spent return to him since he's the IPO provider.  IPO is just a license for infinite premine + making lots of BTC from whoever sends him some.

This is why the price of NXT is kept artificially high.  Anyone with a primitive level of TA skill can figure out that there's a very small number of large holders manipulating the market.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
FriendsOfBitshares

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:24:55 AM
Last edit: July 16, 2014, 01:38:17 AM by FriendsOfBitshares

Last time I checked, this was an IPO.  Why would anyone want anything to do with an IPO coin when the coin creator can create hundreds of mule accounts, donate 10 BTC with all of them, get 99% share of the coin, then have all the BTC he spent return to him since he's the IPO provider.  IPO is just a license for infinite premine + making lots of BTC from whoever sends him some.

This is why the price of NXT is kept artificially high.  Anyone with a primitive level of TA skill can figure out that there's a very small number of large holders manipulating the market.

I can't speak to NXT, but I can speak a bit about BitShares.  My understanding is they had someone in the  Carnegie Mellon CS PHD program quit to work on Bitshares along with other extremely talented folks.  This isn't just some random anonymous people on the internet.  I'm not even sure what you're talking about "IPO coin".  The bitsharestalk.org has about 5000 accounts, and a lot of them are Chinese.  There wouldn't even be a need for "mule accounts" as you use your private key to redeem the fruits of your donation.

I'd prefer POS over Bitcoin's POW which is charging users 10% inflation just for network security.  Actually if Bitshares followed that model, the initial inflation would be approaching infinity at the start.  We forget how bad it was in the early days.

Why do you want your money supply inflated to pay for network security ?
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 05:09:30 AM

How many shares are assigned to 1 Protoshare, acquired before Feb 28?
FriendsOfBitshares

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 06:55:10 AM

How many shares are assigned to 1 Protoshare, acquired before Feb 28?

FriendsOfBitshares

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 07:36:42 AM

u think we can profit off this?

I think investing in PTS has a lot better shot at paying off than 99%+ of crypto-currencies.  The reasoning is that it has a whole ecosystem behind it being developed.  It isn't like a singular bitcoin fork trying to make a name for itself.  The economics are sound.

My whole life I've never tied my wagon to much of anything.  BitShares has been different.  Make of that what you wish.

BTSX is a no brainer.  Even if the chances of failure are somewhat high, the upside makes up for it.  Take a flyer and put a few bucks into it at least.  I have more to gain if you don't invest early as it will screw up the price, but I'm not here to mislead, only inform.
mavromixalakis

Activity: 135

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 04:15:08 PM

The sooner you come on board the better you will be in the future. You can buy now some very cheap Bitshares X, although it is still risky. Many investors in order to get some Bitshares were buying PTS when it was $20 and didn't drop them after the snapshot on the 28th of Feb. So you can understand that if the initial shareholders overpaid for those BTS x it is very unlikely to dump them for a loss after more than 8 months of waiting...

Prepare yourselves for HUGE market cap very soon...
saamxx

Activity: 546
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 05:25:09 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2014, 05:46:08 PM by saamxx

The sooner you come on board the better you will be in the future. You can buy now some very cheap Bitshares X, although it is still risky. Many investors in order to get some Bitshares were buying PTS when it was $20 and didn't drop them after the snapshot on the 28th of Feb. So you can understand that if the initial shareholders overpaid for those BTS x it is very unlikely to dump them for a loss after more than 8 months of waiting...

nice math Grin for idiots

1 btc brought 300-600AGS, depends of day and luck
Now it is 300*~3*500= 450000btsx
450000 at current price 0.000019 cost 8,55btc (so,1btc donated for AGS before 28.03, returned 8.55btc)
About what "double/triple" you are talking Huh What's the base of doubling Huh

I have nothing against the fact that 1 btc of investment will bring x8 to those who was participated in donation.
But if the market manipulation will throw the price much higher, who will take part in this madness. Only idiots, market manipulators and original shareholders. Good luck Grin
megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 05:59:08 PM

450000 at current price 0.000019 cost 8,55btc (so,1btc donated for AGS before 28.03, returned 8.55btc)

I have nothing against the fact that 1 btc of investment will bring x8 to those who was participated in donation.
But if the market manipulation will throw the price much higher, who will take part in this madness. Only idiots, market manipulators and original shareholders. Good luck Grin

He's talking about the price of PTS not BTSX.

FandangledGizmo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 07:30:55 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2014, 07:48:22 PM by FandangledGizmo

Yeah I'm talking about BitShares-PTS

Lol at 8X for BTS X  Smiley It's easiest to see looking at the value of PTS on 28/02 and then after the snapshot. PTS was @ $25 million for the weeks leading up to the snapshot and then $10 million after. So a difference of $15 million and as PTS got 50% of BTSX we know the market was paying a $30 million CAP in February. So you are actually getting it cheaper than a lot of people were paying in February! ($24 Million CAP atm.) So people who donated in last week/s of FEB are BE/negative people who donated to AGS much earlier are more positive maybe 30%-100% gains depending.

saamxx

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 07:43:26 PM

He's talking about the price of PTS not BTSX.
I know Wink But the main deals are going to be with btsx. The pts is only prelude. But where is no any active topic about it(both PTS&AGS) here. So, that silent "ipo via donating" belongs to a limited ones ( don't tell me about 5000+ btc donations Grin) The amount of collected funds has nothing with the number of participants Wink
I anticipate the great battle about future btsx price&distribution model Wink
FandangledGizmo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 07:45:47 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2014, 07:58:17 PM by FandangledGizmo

Even if you donated on the best day before the snapshot <28/02, 1 BTC only got you 110 AGS? Where are you getting 300-600 from?
http://www1.agsexplorer.com/

(I.e so even the luckiest person from the luckiest day, got 110AGSx3.3= 330 BTSX X 500 = 165 000 BTSX * 0.000019 = 3.1 BTC for 1 BTC
The unluckiest people from the later donation days are actually still negative now.)

Everyone who donated has had their funds tied up for 5 months and they were only investing in an idea. In February it was a very risky investment, now there is a test net and investors can see parts already working. Personally I have bought more at these prices.
saamxx

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 08:05:24 PM

Even if you donated on the best day before the snapshot <28/02, 1 BTC only got you 110 AGS? Where are you getting 300-600 from?

You are right here. I have been repelled by the last month data.
Ok, 1 btc brought 3,4btc. That's not bad,too
It is more consistent with the current btsx price.
But why BTT was fully ignored by bitshares, so i had heard about it too late Huh Wink
FandangledGizmo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:13:51 PM

You are right here. I have been repelled by the last month data.
Ok, 1 btc brought 3,4btc. That's not bad,too
It is more consistent with the current btsx price.
But why BTT was fully ignored by bitshares, so i had heard about it too late Huh Wink

1 got 3.4 for the luckiest donators but in the last weeks before it's more like just BE (1-1) atm Sad

Sorry you missed it there were a few threads around at the time but until they started testing a few weeks ago there wasn't much new to talk about.If you look on Alexa.com you see BitShares gets more upstream visits from BTT than MSC/Ethereum/XCP, the bitshares forum also has over 5000 members which is more than those other 2.0 guys combined so I don't think they're doing a terrible job.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: