Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:50:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitshares-PTS to double/triple in price in the next 45 days!!?  (Read 15203 times)
xeroc

Activity: 345
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:17:59 PM

I wouldn't own any coins right now. Altcoins are taking a beating.
Just FYI ... PTS are no altcoin .. they are an investment in future DACS .. take a look at the confirmation times currently and you will see that this coin will not be used as a traditional coin any time soon ..

BTW. while peercoin, litecoin and peercoin lost almost 12% .. pts lost 3% .. and btsx about 1% .. thats not what I call "taking a beating"
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Xeldal

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:28:20 PM

BitShares X held up pretty well also.

I've got my PTS trapped on cryptsy at the moment.  Tried to transfer yesterday morning sometime.  Still pending.

Not sure if we're gonna see a double/triple. only a weeks time left before the snapshots.  Doesn't matter to me anyway.  I'm not selling.
FandangledGizmo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:37:15 PM

Not sure if we're gonna see a double/triple. only a weeks time left before the snapshots.  Doesn't matter to me anyway.  I'm not selling.

Yeah you're right, but given the alt-coin market tanking atm, PTS just going up 10-50% in the next week will still be good.

I wouldn't be surprised to see BitShares PTS & no.10 or even no.9 on coinmarketcap at the time of snapshot.
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 07:32:30 PM

Surely that's the best time to own alts? Provided you buy smart, and play the waiting game. Pick the right coins, and you could profit handsomely. The problem is sifting the gems out of the wasteland that is the alt crypto scene.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
ericksmerick

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 10:04:19 PM

I am super excited about the btsx thing and all the new dacs coming out. I actually mined my pts and can't wait to see what the future holds for bitshares.
nikola384

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 05:24:25 AM

Surely that's the best time to own alts? Provided you buy smart, and play the waiting game. Pick the right coins, and you could profit handsomely. The problem is sifting the gems out of the wasteland that is the alt crypto scene.

I believe this thread is about one of the best available gems out there, imo.

FireSquirrel

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 04:59:48 PM

Hellow Fellow Bitshare Familey!!!

I'm supper new to this and Just Discovered Bitshares and got some BitsharesX last week. Today I'm reading about this thing on the 21 and the PTS.... What is your opinions on the smartest rought for a small investor. Should I continue putting money into BitsharesX every paycheck or Get in on the PTS?

Also I need to Purchase a new computer so if my BitsharesX and PTS are temporarily stored in a trading site do I still get the same Beniffits.  I have seen posts Stating if your holding shares in your Wallet just wanted to make sure I didn't miss out by not having my personal wallet established?

Thanks So Much!!
FandangledGizmo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1138

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 06:43:51 PM

I'm supper new to this and Just Discovered Bitshares and got some BitsharesX last week. Today I'm reading about this thing on the 21 and the PTS.... What is your opinions on the smartest rought for a small investor. Should I continue putting money into BitsharesX every paycheck or Get in on the PTS?

Also I need to Purchase a new computer so if my BitsharesX and PTS are temporarily stored in a trading site do I still get the same Beniffits.  I have seen posts Stating if your holding shares in your Wallet just wanted to make sure I didn't miss out by not having my personal wallet established?

Thanks So Much!!

Hi FireSquirrel

Ideally you want to hold anything you have in a wallet in case a trading site gets hacked or something.
I think both BTC38 will honour the snapshot and I think bter will too. (Meaning if you have your PTS on bter on 21st they should honour you with the shares you deserve.) However hopefully someone else can confirm that.

I'm not sure which one is better, I would probably lean towards more in BTSX as they're about to release some cool stuff. (BitUSD - the first time you will be able to hold something resembling the value of dollar in a decentralised way.)

At the same time the snapshots are just around the corner and I have just read Ethereum is considering using DPOS by BitShares and will honour PTS if they do, so it's tough! (Holding PTS on the 21st will get you a share in some cool DAC's and at Ethereum may honour PTS too at a later stage it seems (but not on 21st obv)...) https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=6990.0
brekyrself

Activity: 547
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 12:59:14 AM

This could also be great for PTS holders... Exciting times are upon us.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=740684.msg8369366#msg8369366
megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 10:11:17 AM

lucky for PTS sellers on BTER all the way up to .0099

CLains

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 07:23:09 PM

BitShares X and PTS are going up even in this terrible weather with bitcoin doing poorly and NXT getting stolen,

To see why BitShares PTS is rising, visit this thread.

As for why BitShares X is rising, I think it is just because people realize it is awesome!
Tradingriver

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 08:20:14 AM

Also I need to Purchase a new computer so if my BitsharesX and PTS are temporarily stored in a trading site do I still get the same Beniffits.  I have seen posts Stating if your holding shares in your Wallet just wanted to make sure I didn't miss out by not having my personal wallet established?

Thanks So Much!!

cost averaging is anytime a good solution http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dollar_cost_averaging

in the long run you have not to try to pick the best point.

so right now?
- PTS is going up till 21 august. after that it will fall. You can also wait for the both new projects to get traded (bitshares DNS and bitshares vote) so you could choose which project do you like more.

Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 08:42:30 AM

so right now?
- PTS is going up till 21 august. after that it will fall. You can also wait for the both new projects to get traded (bitshares DNS and bitshares vote) so you could choose which project do you like more.

I think its better to try and get PTS after the snapshot. Both the projects doesn't seem too profit making to me.
Maybe get them as low as below 0.005 BTC per PTS, one can hope.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

coinsortium

Activity: 15

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:28:48 PM

PTS price dropping a bit before snapshot?  because of BTC dropping? or weak hands in PTS selling?

My guess is a little of both
brekyrself

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 01:48:26 AM

PTS price dropping a bit before snapshot?  because of BTC dropping? or weak hands in PTS selling?

My guess is a little of both

A lot of sell depth has been added to Cryptsy.  This would make great for someone holding BTC to just scoop it up cheap and sell after the snapshot?
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 02:24:17 AM

Step 1: make or buy an alt
Step 2: tell everyone it is cool and that the price is about to go up and they better not miss it
Step 3: Sell
Step 4: become rich

brekyrself

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 04:58:46 AM

Step 1: make or buy an alt
Step 2: tell everyone it is cool and that the price is about to go up and they better not miss it
Step 3: Sell
Step 4: become rich

What does that have to do with PTS?  PTS is not an alt coin, its used as an investment vehicle.  Interesting to see if people will hold PTS through the snapshot or simply purchase DNS and Vote DACs afterwards.
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:54:21 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2014, 06:06:42 PM by counter

Also I need to Purchase a new computer so if my BitsharesX and PTS are temporarily stored in a trading site do I still get the same Beniffits.  I have seen posts Stating if your holding shares in your Wallet just wanted to make sure I didn't miss out by not having my personal wallet established?

Thanks So Much!!

Hi FireSquirrel

Ideally you want to hold anything you have in a wallet in case a trading site gets hacked or something.
I think both BTC38 will honour the snapshot and I think bter will too. (Meaning if you have your PTS on bter on 21st they should honour you with the shares you deserve.) However hopefully someone else can confirm that.

I'm not sure which one is better, I would probably lean towards more in BTSX as they're about to release some cool stuff. (BitUSD - the first time you will be able to hold something resembling the value of dollar in a decentralised way.)

At the same time the snapshots are just around the corner and I have just read Ethereum is considering using DPOS by BitShares and will honour PTS if they do, so it's tough! (Holding PTS on the 21st will get you a share in some cool DAC's and at Ethereum may honour PTS too at a later stage it seems (but not on 21st obv)...) https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=6990.0

How does the DAC's get destributed?  Do I need to have a certain amount to get them, if I have more is that better?  I'm holding coins on Polo at the moment and wasn't sure if I needed the wallet so hopefully they will be able to make it work so I get the DAC's without an issue..  Going to have to ask the staff in chat but if anybody has any info on this topic I'd really appreciate it.  I'm kinda busy today and don't have a bunch of time to find all info, thanks.  Smiley
testz
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:59:04 PM

How does the DAC's get destributed?  Do I need to have a certain amount to get them?  I'm holding coins on Polo at the moment and wasn't sure if I needed the wallet so hopefully they will be able to make it work so I get the DAC's without an issue..  Going to have to ask the staff in chat but if anybody has any info on this topic I'd really appreciate it.  I'm kinda busy today and don't have a bunch of time to find all info, thanks.  Smiley

Better if you double check this in the Polo chat, meanwhile we have only this info:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7068.msg94715#msg94715

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 06:48:32 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2014, 07:06:02 PM by counter

Hey testz,  Smiley
I really appreciate the help and info, I'll be sure to take your advice and check in chat for some clarification.  Also will be sure to checkout that link when I get a chance because I'm not sure if I have till the end of the 21 or what..  Thanks for the help again,cheers !  Smiley

edit: for all those like me who are wondering..  I just asked in the polo chat and they will be issuing the DAC's to users that buy PTS at POLO
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: