Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:29:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bytecoin [BCN] vs MONERO [XMR] who will be the winner in the Cryptonote War  (Read 15697 times)
WaxMan

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 03:57:51 PM

I'm not sure what the left column represents but my guess is that is a screen shot from
You can only guess because nobody knows from where this scams took the picture.
That's why you called them scams, yeah?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
digicoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:05:39 AM

BCN looks dead to me. No buy support. Extreme selling pressure on Poloniex. We don't need to mention about BCN any more. The candidate to compete with XMR is BBR - BoolBerry
hodlmybtc

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 05:17:37 AM

BCN looks dead to me. No buy support. Extreme selling pressure on Poloniex. We don't need to mention about BCN any more. The candidate to compete with XMR is BBR - BoolBerry

It was already dead in the eyes of people with half a brain.

I guess now even the BCN trolls/shills are selling their coins, nah probably not and they are likely to still be bagholders 1 satoshi = 1000 BCN given how persistent they are Cheesy

In terms of volume XMR is killing BBR by a huge distance and it probably will stay like this for a while...
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:19:18 AM

This isn't the case.

Monero has several long term competitors that could eventually ruin us if they do everything right. (Doing everything right is hard!) Boolberry is not one of them.

Boolberry is offering Litecoin over Bitcoin functionality where little changes are being hailed as revolutionary. It's the exact same situation I remember with Litecoin, the POW algo, the four times faster transactions, etc... Like I have said many times, if Litecoin overtakes Bitcoin most of the money will leave CryptoCoins for good. The same goes for Boolberry, if Boolberry overtakes Monero it's a signal to the market that no CryptoNote can hold value due to fear of competitor with small changes. If BBR overtakes XMR most of the money will leave CryptoNote and never come back, you'd be a fool to invest after something like that happens.

Anyway, Boolberries and Bytecoin are not a threat, Monero's longterm competition are coins that offer a substantially better system.

Here they are:

Bitcoin The big baddie of the Crypto world, if the development team started reacting instead of being safe, we might have to worry. However I can't see this happenening, and as the value of a Bitcoin increases the willingness of the Bitcoin development team and Foundation to make daring changes becomes less and less.

Conclusion: It's too risky.

Zerocash The anonymity functionality is quite powerful, however the trouble is it's almost certainly going to be screwed up as someone will have copied the initial accumulator instance/variables and thus will have unlimited mint power. This multicomputation might not even be possible (or it might be years later when it's discovered that their is a way of undoing the giant anonymous computation they seek to use to create the accumulator)

Conclusion: It can't be trusted.

Ethereum They may be able to build an anonymity (ring sig?) layer on top of their turing complete blockchain, however it might very well be much less efficient than a native ring signature currency.

Conclusion: Watch this space, but don't be too afraid of an Ethereum based anonymous competitor.
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:42:22 AM

Like I have said many times, if Litecoin overtakes Bitcoin most of the money will leave CryptoCoins for good.

Completely agree. I've also been saying that...for years.

The same goes for Boolberry, if Boolberry overtakes Monero it's a signal to the market that no CryptoNote can hold value due to fear of competitor with small changes.

Less true simply because of how young the CryptoNote space is overall; it's only been (effectively) in existence for 4 months, so one coin overtaking another is not of the same import (yet) as if bitcoin got overtaken by a tweak-coin (litecoin). That said, I largely agree with your analysis.

Monero's longterm competition are coins that offer a substantially better system.

Yup.

Bitcoin The big baddie of the Crypto world, if the development team started reacting instead of being safe, we might have to worry. However I can't see this happenening, and as the value of a Bitcoin increases the willingness of the Bitcoin development team and Foundation to make daring changes becomes less and less.

Conclusion: It's too risky.

Yup.

Zerocash The anonymity functionality is quite powerful, however the trouble is it's almost certainly going to be screwed up as someone will have copied the initial accumulator instance/variables and thus will have unlimited mint power. This multicomputation might not even be possible (or it might be years later when it's discovered that their is a way of undoing the giant anonymous computation they seek to use to create the accumulator)

Conclusion: It can't be trusted.

Probably, though there's potentially some clever way this can be solved. Additionally, if it's "solved enough" (ie, enough people are convinced there's an exceedingly low probability that someone has or could-have saved the initial vars), the hype around Zerocash, plus its theoretical technical superiority (if the initial vars are indeed destroyed) could cause it to be successful.

Ethereum They may be able to build an anonymity (ring sig?) layer on top of their turing complete blockchain, however it might very well be much less efficient than a native ring signature currency.

Conclusion: Watch this space, but don't be too afraid of an Ethereum based anonymous competitor.

I think it's somewhat likely that early Ethereum will experience a bunch of blockchain shenanigans and have to "reboot" or "rollback" a few times before things are worked out, if it ever proves successful/viable in the first place. Such a process could take years. That said, the notion of a functional and secure Turning-complete chain is too good to not explore, so I'm indeed watching.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
tjkurtisss

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 11:36:10 AM

Might be a tough time for Bytecoin right now but, you know, this can happen to any coin.

Donations welcome: 6d36246a-fc42-493f-afef-46936974c2bf
JJKirsch

Activity: 73

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 12:13:07 PM

Wow, comments up there are.... amazingly ignorant. Monero supporters started celebrating waay too early.  Cheesy

Donations please - 7df55268-8d44-4dec-a085-d4488eff87f1
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:25:00 PM

Wow, comments up there are.... amazingly ignorant. Monero supporters started celebrating waay too early.  Cheesy

Where are we celebrating? We are fighting for our coin, it's really that simple.

Many Monero supporters never supported an alt coin before, we see something great in Monero.

But please, what scamcoin would you prefer us to be buying?
JJKirsch

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:53:13 PM

Where are we celebrating? We are fighting for our coin, it's really that simple.

Many Monero supporters never supported an alt coin before, we see something great in Monero.

I'm sorry, but a "scamcoin" must be something you have already bought and now trying to "fight" for it. 

hodlmybtc

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 08:52:13 PM

I'm sorry, but a "scamcoin" must be something you have already bought and now trying to "fight" for it. 

The only obvious scamcoin in this discussion is Bytecoin.

The market had already decided that long ago, Monero is establishing higher lows after rallies while BCN is slowly dying as more people learn themselves that it's a huge premine scam instead of listening to all the (paid) Bytecoin trolls/shills.

Also BCN volume is pathetic, between 0.5-1% of Monero's. There is absolutely no need for Monero users to "fight" in this discussion because Bytecoin dug it's own grave the second the premine began.
btc-mike

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 10:05:41 PM

This isn't the case.

Monero has several long term competitors that could eventually ruin us if they do everything right. (Doing everything right is hard!) Boolberry is not one of them.

Boolberry is offering Litecoin over Bitcoin functionality where little changes are being hailed as revolutionary. It's the exact same situation I remember with Litecoin, the POW algo, the four times faster transactions, etc... Like I have said many times, if Litecoin overtakes Bitcoin most of the money will leave CryptoCoins for good. The same goes for Boolberry, if Boolberry overtakes Monero it's a signal to the market that no CryptoNote can hold value due to fear of competitor with small changes. If BBR overtakes XMR most of the money will leave CryptoNote and never come back, you'd be a fool to invest after something like that happens.

Anyway, Boolberries and Bytecoin are not a threat, Monero's longterm competition are coins that offer a substantially better system.

Bitmonero was announced 11 days before Boolberry. Bitmonero was launched 4/18. Bitmonero was taken over around 4/24 and renamed Monero. Boolberry was launched 5/17. Both were forks of Bytecoin. Portraying BBR as an XMR fork with minor differences is not just misleading but a lie.

Both BBR and XMR were launched to correct perceived shortcomings in Bytecoin.
JJKirsch

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 08:41:12 AM

Wow, comments up there are.... amazingly ignorant. Monero supporters started celebrating waay too early.  Cheesy

The market had already decided that long ago, Monero is establishing higher lows after rallies while BCN is slowly dying as more people learn themselves that it's a huge premine scam instead of listening to all the (paid) Bytecoin trolls/shills.

Also BCN volume is pathetic, between 0.5-1% of Monero's. There is absolutely no need for Monero users to "fight" in this discussion because Bytecoin dug it's own grave the second the premine began.

And now you're just contradicting yourself. No need to "fight" in this discussion? Then why are you here?

Anyway, Im really sorry for those who got fooled by Monero trolls. Sad

YesBoss69

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:25:55 PM

I saw an interview with vitalik buterin who mentioned monero using ring sigs and that they were very promising or something similar, he seemed more interested in it than like ethereum's gonna take it head on. Anyhow, cryptonote tech deserves to survive long enough to give ethereum a run for its money at least.

personally, I think both bcn and xmr could do with a lot more publicity to really get them going, as could cryptonote technology.. and it's not like ethereum's gonna be short of publicity anytime soon.
Skinnkavaj

Activity: 469
Merit: 250

English Motherfucker do you speak it ?

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:40:46 PM

I'd like to see the developers behind bytecoin come forward and destroy the premine in order to make the coin fair. I realize this probably is not going to happen so for me Monero is the winner. I do own some bytecoin, but mostly for short term speculation. I don't see how bytecoin can ever become big with the current issues unresolved. And perhaps it's best this way, I like the name "monero" from a marketing point of view.

I don't own any BBR, FCN, QCN or XDN, I believe in supporting the first fair release with a competent developer team, and that is monero.

3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:46:08 PM

Monero is winning and will win the race. 80% Premine of bytecoin will never let it grow.
Monero Volume 24h $ 312,868   
Bytecoin Volume 24h  $ 2,225     Tongue
hodlmybtc

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 05:04:57 PM

Wow, comments up there are.... amazingly ignorant. Monero supporters started celebrating waay too early.  Cheesy

And now you're just contradicting yourself. No need to "fight" in this discussion? Then why are you here?

Anyway, Im really sorry for those who got fooled by Monero trolls. Sad

Haha you're funny mate, if you can read you can see I just stated facts.

Poloniex just replaced their LTC markets with XMR markets:

https://www.poloniex.com/press-releases/2014.07.23-Poloniex-Welcomes-New-Monero-XMR-Markets

Monero, a private, secure, and untraceable cryptocurrency based on the CryptoNote protocol, has been the most actively traded cryptocurrency on Poloniex nearly every day since the addition of the XMR/BTC market. “Since its debut, Monero has been trading in huge volume and has demonstrated impressive resilience during market fluctuations,” Poloniex owner, Tristan D’Agosta stated. “Couple that with an active and strategic development team, and expanding our XMR pairings simply made good sense for our customers.”

So again, there is absolutely no need to "fight" because it's so obvious.

I truly find it a shame that people got fooled by Bytecoin trolls/scammers but you can't say they haven't been warned many times and as always they should do their own due diligence before buying a coin.
Meggie

Activity: 78

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:08:41 PM

Monero is winning and will win the race. 80% Premine of bytecoin will never let it grow.

Are you even competent enough to claim Bytecoin is premined? No, you're not. Then stop saying that.

Get Free Bitcoins -->>BitcoInvest
hodlmybtc

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 05:16:55 PM

Are you even competent enough to claim Bytecoin is premined? No, you're not. Then stop saying that.

Typical empty argument by a (paid) Bytecoin shill.

Everyone is competent enough to claim that, because it's a simple fact, you can't ignore that lol.

Are you competent enough to post on a forum? No, apparantly you're not. Then stop posting.

I really wonder if you guys are all getting paid by just posting some stupid stuff that makes absolutely no sense.
Meggie

Activity: 78

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:46:40 PM

Typical empty argument by a (paid) Bytecoin shill.

Everyone is competent enough to claim that, because it's a simple fact, you can't ignore that lol.

Are you competent enough to post on a forum? No, apparantly you're not. Then stop posting.

I really wonder if you guys are all getting paid by just posting some stupid stuff that makes absolutely no sense.

I've never seen anybody present a legit PROOF of that simple fact.

I've also never seen anybody but Monero trolls claiming Bytecoin is premined.

A conclusion inevitably comes to mind...

Get Free Bitcoins -->>BitcoInvest
jayaitch

Activity: 12

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:58:00 PM

I've also never seen anybody but Monero trolls claiming Bytecoin is premined.

Well that's not true at all.

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins#bytecoin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: