Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:47:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 [571] 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 ... 646 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 701023 times)
Radar5k

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2020, 06:26:33 AM

Hey GKumaran,

Hey lolminer has since version 1.0 updated the parameters.
The --coin is also supported, but the newer algos are all using --algo.
Like you said Equihash 144/5, Equihash 192/7, need --algo and --pers. The '--pers' is a string from the coin dev, not the miner dev, you can get the --pers based on the coin you want to mine.

Its better to use this method to ensure future compatibity.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what coins to mine, which is why I left it to autoselect. Even if I did know what coin to mine, I don't know how to add the string to the generated commandline.

ZHash currently works because the string BgoldPoW is used as the argument to the --pers parameter, whereas there is no --pers parameter included in the generated commandlines for the other algos. I do know that the string must be eight characters long, but how to automatically select which string to insert, (according to the profit switching mechanism), and how to insert it is beyond me.

As for future compatability, using --coin AUTO?Huh? works with the profit switching mechanism now, (well, in a limited fashion, anyways), and will continue to work into the future, (well, it will unles the miner dev decides to kill them).

Have fun! =8^)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joseph32

Activity: 413
Merit: 21

View Profile
September 13, 2020, 08:04:13 AM

Hey everyone.

I am having an issue with GPU clocking.

I have 3 6gb cards and 1 mining 3gb card in one machine. (not ideal, but it is what it is for now.)
my problem is with clocking the GPU's differently.

i have the 3 6gb gpu's as one miner and the 3gb as another. i have the miner set to only use those gpus for that miner.
however, when one of the miners need to change clocking for the algo, it changes it on all gpus. even the gpu that's not set to be controlled by that miner.

is there something i'm missing?

i can set them manually and they mine and work fine. but when the 6gb gpus mine ETH, and the memclock is increased, so is the 3gb gpu that can't and isn't able to mine eth.. even though it's not added to that miner.

i have the 3gb gpu on a seperate profit profile too.

thanks for any help.

Try this:
Go to the "Options" and then "GPU Clocking Profiles".
1) Create Clocking Profiles for your cards. For example 1 profile for the 6GB and 1 profile for the 3GB. If you need more profiles, because of much different settings, just do it.
2) Now create a Clocking Profile Group. On the right side under "Properties" select your Clocking Profile from 1). Then select the matching rule, best here is the "GPU ID" or even better the "GPU PCI Bus ID". The ID's you can get inside the GPU-Tab at the bottom of AM. Add as many profiles to that Group as you need.
Now you have the choice. If you want that profile loaded whenever that group starts, right click, select "Properties", select "GPU Clocking Profiles" and select your Group-Profile from 1).
If you want to start or stop that profile on different miners, like start when you mine ETH, but dont start when you mine another coin, than right click, select "Edit Profit Profile", click your algorithm and edit the "GPU Clocking Profile" section below with your Group-Profile from 1).

Repeat 2) for your second group of cards, and so on.

If you need more help with the Clocking Profiles, wait for Patrik and/or read the help-guide.
Binary100100

Activity: 180
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2020, 12:15:31 PM

One of my machines (specifically a 1070 eight card rig) keeps having an intermittent issue where AwesomeMiner says "interface offline" but the machine is still working fine. I uninstalled and re-installed the remote agent and the problem keeps occuring.
Any ideas?
No firewall / anti-virus / etc running. Windows 10 ver 2004.
I have three machines and only this one is having this particular issue.

Thanks!
Thanks for your question. "Interface offline" indicates one of the following:
1) The mining software you are running isn't responding with any monitoring information when requested by Awesome Miner. If this is the case, it's some bug in the mining software that cause the monitoring interface (API) to stop working
2) Awesome Miner do receive the monitoring information from the mining software, but Awesome Miner do something wrong and fail to process and display this information.

When this problem happens, can you please select the miner and send me the API report via PM? You can generate the API report via the toolbar: Tools -> API Report. With this API Report I can verify if the mining software is responding with any monitoring details. Thanks!

PM sent. Two actually.
Thanks!
Lolliedieb

Activity: 433
Merit: 48

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2020, 05:09:23 PM

Jumping in here.

Just to clarify the curiosity about lolMiner configuration:

Pre 1.0 lolMiner had only one parameter to configure the algorithm - this was --coin and did all the needed stuff in one command: selecting right algo + right personalization plus right stratum.
Issue some users of mine had was when a new coin was added with the same algo or one project changed the personalization parameter. Then the shortcut was not right.

Therefore lolMiner 1.0 and newer added a new parameter --algo (or short -a) that can select the algorithm, while --pers takes the personalization for Equihash based algos. So one old parameter was replaced by two new, but its now cleaner separated and when new projects with same PoW come along they should work out of the box.
--coin is still present in lolMiner 1.0 and up, but only for special functions like algorithm switchers and some often used presets. The standard way for future use and additions should be using --algo and maybe - for Equihash - --pers. It might be that some algos in future will be added that need a 3rd parameter to select the right stratum, but that did not happen yet.

I have the feeling that --algo + --pers is much closer to what other miners do and so hope using this pattern clears most of the configuration confusion. 

Check out lolMiner 1.56, an efficient miner for Ethash, Beam and many Cuckoo-Cycle and Equihash variants for AMD & Nvidia cards at low fees.
Radar5k

View Profile
September 14, 2020, 05:05:15 AM

Hey Lolliedieb,

Jumping in here.

Pre 1.0 lolMiner had only one parameter to configure the algorithm - this was --coin and did all the needed stuff in one command: selecting right algo + right personalization plus right stratum.
Issue some users of mine had was when a new coin was added with the same algo or one project changed the personalization parameter. Then the shortcut was not right.

Therefore lolMiner 1.0 and newer added a new parameter --algo (or short -a) that can select the algorithm, while --pers takes the personalization for Equihash based algos. So one old parameter was replaced by two new, but its now cleaner separated and when new projects with same PoW come along they should work out of the box.
--coin is still present in lolMiner 1.0 and up, but only for special functions like algorithm switchers and some often used presets. The standard way for future use and additions should be using --algo and maybe - for Equihash - --pers. It might be that some algos in future will be added that need a 3rd parameter to select the right stratum, but that did not happen yet.

I have the feeling that --algo + --pers is much closer to what other miners do and so hope using this pattern clears most of the configuration confusion. 

Thanks for clarifying the lolMiner configuration side of things Smiley

The issue I'm having is that with the current Awesome Miner setup, EQUI144_5, ZEL, and EQUI192_7 do not get the --pers parameter added to the generated comandline, (and - for people who are reading along - for those algo's --pers is required, not optional), and I don't know how to setup AM so that it will add it along with the correct argument whilst using profit switching.

I don't even know if it is an AM issue, an EBKAC issue, or a combination of both, (which in itself is an EBKAC issue Wink), and my google-fu is poo, so I posted the steps I took to find out why I couldn't benchmark those algo's through AM in the hope that someone would point me in the right direction.

Have fun!  =8^)
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1084

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2020, 07:52:54 AM

Cant understand why profit statistic data for Cortex coin come and gone randomly? Anyone have the same issue? Is this statistic provider problem or AM problem? This happens only with Cortex. If this behavior come from provider, maybe is a good idea to store last recived statistic data and mark the outdated data with another color till new actual data will be recived from provider. Otherwise this made profit switching process crazy. I see that the mining of Cortex is profitable, but if AM has not recived data, AM switch my rigs to other coin.
Can you please go to the Options dialog, Statistics Provider section and see if "Keep coins even when no longer listed by provider" is enabled? If not, please check it to make sure Awesome Miner keeps coins from being removed.
It was always checked. Check or uncheck not help.
Just to confirm, the coin is always visible but sometimes the statistics shows all zeros or similar? If that's the case, it doesn't sound like a problem in Awesome Miner itself. This coin isn't part of the main listing at the provider, and the reason might be because of this instability.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2020, 07:53:56 AM

is there a way to use ETHOS with AM?

I can see the reports on AM, but can not control the miners and the hardware using ETHOS...

Is there a way?
Right now your mining software is launched and controlled by Ethos and you are using the External Miner concept in Awesome Miner to monitor the mining details.

In order to be in full control of the mining, you need to:
1) Install Awesome Miner Remote Agent on Linux
https://support.awesomeminer.com/support/solutions/articles/35000086210-remote-agent-for-linux
2) Instead of using an External Miner, you add your miner as a Managed Miner, where you can define mining software and mining pool to use. At this point, Awesome Miner will be responsible for launching and controlling the mining software.
https://support.awesomeminer.com/support/solutions/articles/35000085995-add-managed-miners-using-the-wizard

I don't have have experience with EthOS myself, but the concept above are the general steps to run Awesome Miner Remote Agent on Linux.

Thanks, i will do some tests here and report.

BTW,

what do you think in make a version of linux to boot from pendrive with the Awesome Miner client and AMD/NVIDEA drivers into?
So everybody can burn the iso on a pendrive and run the miner...
Thanks for the feedback. Yes, this is a feature request I get from time to time and it will probably be something for the future. I agree that it would make sense to have.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2020, 07:57:08 AM

I am having issues where the balance page does not add up correctly - for example, I have 4 litecoin addresses and it shows all 4 with their correct balances however - the total omits one of the balances and thus is wrong.

this issue comes and goes - and with different coins at different times - in an hour the above may be reflected correctly and my bitcoin balances will be wrong instead.
Thanks for the report.

I've identified the scenario. If you have multiple addresses and the check for one of them fail, the failure will not be indicated in the user interface. The last balance for the address will still be displayed, but no longer part of the total.

I will correct this in the next release, to indicate if there was a failure and let the total value assume the last known balance for the address that failed once. After this change, you will always see the total balance correctly.

it seems to error now on anything with more than 2 addresses Sad
Please go to the Options dialog, Balance section, Wallet balance. If you edit your Litecoin entry (or the one with a failure), select the first address in the list and click the Test button - is that working? Then move on to select the next and Test it. Are all working here?

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2020, 08:00:25 AM

Jumping in here.

Thanks for the clarification.

Awesome Miner recently moved from using --coin to use --algo instead. I like the new concept with algorithms instead of coins so thanks for implementing it!

Some other mining software supports "--pers auto" for Nicehash and similar profit switching pools. Is there a similar concept with lolMiner without having to use the older --coin concept? Thanks!

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2020, 08:04:05 AM

Hey Lolliedieb,

Jumping in here.

Thanks for clarifying the lolMiner configuration side of things Smiley

The issue I'm having is that with the current Awesome Miner setup, EQUI144_5, ZEL, and EQUI192_7 do not get the --pers parameter added to the generated comandline, (and - for people who are reading along - for those algo's --pers is required, not optional), and I don't know how to setup AM so that it will add it along with the correct argument whilst using profit switching.

I don't even know if it is an AM issue, an EBKAC issue, or a combination of both, (which in itself is an EBKAC issue Wink), and my google-fu is poo, so I posted the steps I took to find out why I couldn't benchmark those algo's through AM in the hope that someone would point me in the right direction.

Have fun!  =8^)

In the Properties of your Pool in Awesome Miner, where you specify URL and worker name, you will also find the field "Personalization string". If you fill in "BgoldPoW" here, Awesome Miner will add "--pers BgoldPoW" when you start lolMiner.

If this doesn't work, can you please send me a few screenshots? Thanks!

Lolliedieb

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2020, 08:48:40 AM

The issue I'm having is that with the current Awesome Miner setup, EQUI144_5, ZEL, and EQUI192_7 do not get the --pers parameter added to the generated comandline.

Not sure here, too what happens in AM, but there are two ways of using this algos.
Either --algo or --coin. If you still can use --coin you can use --coin ZEL to configure ZelHash + right personalization and --coin AUTO144_5 for --algo  EQUI144_5 with --pers AUTO (aka pool selection).
If --pers is not passed forwards that seems to be an issue with awesome miner / a bit too tight template / not giving the opportunity to add custom parameters outside of their template. If so that will be interesting for the next algos I am adding, because they will add quite a lot custom params  Shocked Not mentioning yet which it will be  Cool

Check out lolMiner 1.56, an efficient miner for Ethash, Beam and many Cuckoo-Cycle and Equihash variants for AMD & Nvidia cards at low fees.
Radar5k

View Profile
September 14, 2020, 10:53:27 AM
Last edit: September 14, 2020, 11:19:07 AM by Radar5k

Hey Patrike,

Have fun!  =8^)

In the Properties of your Pool in Awesome Miner, where you specify URL and worker name, you will also find the field "Personalization string". If you fill in "BgoldPoW" here, Awesome Miner will add "--pers BgoldPoW" when you start lolMiner.

At the moment, I am only using the default pre-defined pools in AM.

I just added custom pools for both BCGold, and Zclassic,  setting MiningPoolHub as the target pool.

Created a pool group with those two custom pools.

I set the personalization string for Zclassic to ZcashPoW, (found the pers strings at https://forum.bitcoingold.org/t/list-of-equihash-coins-by-implementation-parameters/1929 ).

Disabled all pre-defined pool sites in Options -> Managed Profit Switching (ZPool, MPH, etc).

Selected Add additional pools to Managed Profit Switching, and added my created pool group.

Attempted to benchmark using the Enabled Managed Profit Switching pools option, and saw that Equihash Zero (192.7), and ZHash (Equihash 144.5) with lolMiner as the mining software was available, and they benchmarked fine.

If I re-enable the default pre-defined pools in Options -> Managed Profit Switching and attempt to benchmark Equihash Zero, AM uses the address equihash144.sea.mine.zpool.ca:2192, and doesn't use the --pers parameter. As a side note, the address should be equihash192.sea.mine.zpool.ca:2192 (copy - paste - forget to edit is too easy to do, unfortunately).

So, currently, if I want to use lolMiner alongside the rest of the mining software that AM controls, it appears that I would have to make a custom pool for each coin on each pre-defined pool, group those custom pools, then disable all the default pre-defined pools. It's a bit of work, but it's do-able Wink

Have fun!  =8^)
Radar5k

View Profile
September 14, 2020, 11:14:25 AM

Hey Lolliedieb
The issue I'm having is that with the current Awesome Miner setup, EQUI144_5, ZEL, and EQUI192_7 do not get the --pers parameter added to the generated comandline.

Not sure here, too what happens in AM, but there are two ways of using this algos.
Either --algo or --coin. If you still can use --coin you can use --coin ZEL to configure ZelHash + right personalization and --coin AUTO144_5 for --algo  EQUI144_5 with --pers AUTO (aka pool selection).
If --pers is not passed forwards that seems to be an issue with awesome miner / a bit too tight template / not giving the opportunity to add custom parameters outside of their template. If so that will be interesting for the next algos I am adding, because they will add quite a lot custom params  Shocked Not mentioning yet which it will be  Cool

I tried using --pers AUTO, at the comandline, but lolMiner returns the following error...
Code:
Error: Personalization string (--pers) need to have 8 characters.

Ok, just thought I'd try something stupid, and added four underscores in front of the AUTO argument, and it worked - although with 100% rejection rate.

Have fun!  =8^)

sxemini

Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

View Profile
September 14, 2020, 12:46:59 PM

Hey Lolliedieb

Either --algo or --coin. If you still can use --coin you can use --coin ZEL to configure ZelHash + right personalization and --coin AUTO144_5 for --algo  EQUI144_5 with --pers AUTO (aka pool selection).
If --pers is not passed forwards that seems to be an issue with awesome miner / a bit too tight template / not giving the opportunity to add custom parameters outside of their template. If so that will be interesting for the next algos I am adding, because they will add quite a lot custom params  Shocked Not mentioning yet which it will be  Cool

I tried using --pers AUTO, at the comandline, but lolMiner returns the following error...
Code:

Ok, just thought I'd try something stupid, and added four underscores in front of the AUTO argument, and it worked - although with 100% rejection rate.

Have fun!  =8^)

Is this only a profitswitching problem? Because i have no problems mining 192_7, 144_5 or beamhashIII with lolminer
You must set the --pers string in the pool config.

Yes patrike this is working.
Radar5k

View Profile
September 14, 2020, 01:22:14 PM

Hey Sxemini
Hey Lolliedieb

Either --algo or --coin. If you still can use --coin you can use --coin ZEL to configure ZelHash + right personalization and --coin AUTO144_5 for --algo  EQUI144_5 with --pers AUTO (aka pool selection).
If --pers is not passed forwards that seems to be an issue with awesome miner / a bit too tight template / not giving the opportunity to add custom parameters outside of their template. If so that will be interesting for the next algos I am adding, because they will add quite a lot custom params  Shocked Not mentioning yet which it will be  Cool

Code:

Have fun!  =8^)

Is this only a profitswitching problem? Because i have no problems mining 192_7, 144_5 or beamhashIII with lolminer

Whilst adding the personalization string to custom pools is easy enough, (and works fine), I haven't found a satisfactory way of adding it to the default preset profit switching pools.

So, the question is, "How do I add the correct personalization strings to the preset profit switching pools?"

Also, see my previous reply to Patrike, where I describe a problem that occurs when I try using the preset pools in conjunction with my custom pools.

Have fun!  =8^)
sxemini

Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

View Profile
September 14, 2020, 01:26:23 PM
Merited by xandry (2)

Hey Sxemini
Hey Lolliedieb

Code:

Have fun!  =8^)

Whilst adding the personalization string to custom pools is easy enough, (and works fine), I haven't found a satisfactory way of adding it to the default preset profit switching pools.

So, the question is, "How do I add the correct personalization strings to the preset profit switching pools?"

Also, see my previous reply to Patrike, where I describe a problem that occurs when I try using the preset pools in conjunction with my custom pools.

Have fun!  =8^)

Go to online services and looking for your pool,click edit and add the pers string ^^
Lolliedieb

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2020, 01:49:20 PM

Code:

Ah ... yea I have to admit I did not test that case xD It sets it to "AUTO" internally for pool switching ... but yes over CMD that does not work. Will fix it with 1.08 - use --coin in the meanwhile for this function.

Radar5k

View Profile
September 14, 2020, 01:59:36 PM

Hey Sxemini

Have fun!  =8^)

Go to online services and looking for your pool,click edit and add the pers string ^^

Works perfectly!  Smiley

Thank you  Smiley

Have fun!  =8^)
crazydane

Activity: 558
Merit: 194

View Profile
September 14, 2020, 10:06:07 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2020, 11:01:11 AM by crazydane

What is everyone running as the OS when using the Linux remote agent?

Ubuntu 20.04 desktop edition or server edition or something completely different?

I'd like to keep my OS install as lean as possible but wasn't sure of it is a pain to install the graphics drivers on the server edition (or if it is even supported).

EDIT: I went ahead and installed 20.04 on a test rig with a single 1070.  Added the latest Nvidia driver and screen (not part of base desktop install) and of course the remote agent.

Added the new rig to AM and created a GPU Clocking Profile.

Started mining, which is working fine, but the GPU Clocking Profile is being ignored.

Are GPU clocking profiles not supported on Ubuntu?

EDIT2:  Will AM automatically start the ETH pill on rigs with 1080/1080Ti GPUs?
narousberg
Legendary

Activity: 1749
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 15, 2020, 09:37:03 AM
Last edit: September 16, 2020, 08:03:46 AM by narousberg

Hi Patrik
The benchmark of Bminer ver. 16.3 deliver a wrong hashrate data (algo CuckaToo32).
I have tested a rig of 6x 1080ti on the 20 min. run on Nicehash. Benchmark show 4.34 H/s, but in reality if i start normal mining on the Nicehash, hashrate is only 3.7 H/s.  AM ver. 8.0.1 Check please. Regards

Upd. Now show Bminer normal, like in benchmark. Simple Bminer have very big fluctration in hashrate data on Nicehahsh.

I AM NOT SELL MY BITCOINTALK ACCOUNT !!!
Pages: « 1 ... 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 [571] 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 ... 646 »
  Print  

Jump to: