May 28, 2024, 04:11:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: To Be or Not to Be
To Be - 41 (70.7%)
Not to Be - 17 (29.3%)
Total Voters: 58

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 210 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SILKCOIN][DARKSILK PREANN][TESTING STORMNODES/DarkSIlk MARKET/I2P]  (Read 289449 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Jacqul

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 06:45:21 AM
Last edit: July 31, 2014, 11:05:09 AM by Jacqul

If we work together we can achieve much more.

Why Cryptocurrency?

Communication is the key to civilization. With every change in media, every step where our means of communication has improved, civilizations have changed.
We are undergoing a revolution and a paradigm shift when it comes to medium of communication and so also our civilization.
We are still experiencing the birth of the internet and already everything is changing.

Money is a form of communication. It is a form of vote.
Every time you spend money on something or support a service you are voting for the continued existence of that service and against the survival of its competitors.
This is also true for governments, it is also true for war. Money is the fuel of both.

The way we use money and the type of money we use needs to adapt to a digital environment.
The transfer and storage of value should be as simple as sending an email. For a free world, the movement of money needs to be free.
With our vote we should be able to have an impact and shape the world around us.

This is what Bitcoin gave us, the first proper steps along this path.
It is the money of the internet and a new level of civilization.
I believe that there are many people out there that see the possibilities this brings.
The possibility exists for changing the world for good and for better.

Why Silkcoin?

We have an opportunity to build together.

The world is at play with Satoshi’s Bitcoin and blockchain and adjusting and tweaking, numerous alternatives being born by the day.
This is a key characteristic of open source, community contributed development and natural in the evolution of systems but at the moment haphazard and rife with scams.

From Bitcoin, via Peercoin and others, we got to Blackcoin which in turn gave birth to Silkcoin.
The name Silk; chosen for its association with trade and the silk route, is an emblem of commerce and value. The wallet is your Silkworm, always spinning new Silk, reminiscent of a practice that has existed in China for at least 5000 years, a close guarded secret for most of that time.

As with many other alts, the weakness with this coin was in its initial developers who soon left the scene after contributing the bare basics. A community of early adopters decided that instead of moving along to the next developer-led coin, they would try to turn this around and form it into a community-led initiative.

The advantages?
A community, a brand, access to exchanges and wide distribution.
The disadvantages?
Legacy and code from the previous developers needed extensive overhaul and cleaning.

A recurring weakness in many coins is the dependence on the developers. No coin will ever truly exist if it can’t survive the death or departure of its creators. Nothing is decentralized if it depends on only a handful of people.
The dream is to have a coin developed by a multitude of developers. Not just one or two, but instead, opened up to the whole world.

We have been working on ways to make this possible.
We want to build a system that allows a feedback cycle and rewards participation.
In Silkcoin we aim to have an inbuilt mechanism of feedback and direction, like its name, borrowed from biological systems.

It starts with a platform to suggest a project.
The person suggesting the project will be able to sponsor it by diverting a percentage of their interest earned through staking to the project funds held automatically in escrow.
As the best of the suggestions rise to the top, others will join in their support, choosing their level of support and so the percentage of their stake-earned interest devoted to the project.
Developers can sign up, competing to try and deliver on the project and at the end of a pre-determined period, all the supporters can vote (according to their contribution) for the winner and so reward the developer of the successful product.

The aim is to create a feedback system that will direct the energies of developers and stimulate continuous growth. Anyone can volunteer an idea. Anyone can code a solution and the ecosystem keeps growing in the direction decided by the community.

Open source, community directed, decentralized development.
This is the dream for Silkcoin.
Lets build it together.

TLDR:
Go read it, this is important!
If you really won’t, here is the gist of it:
The community is raising the orphan that is Silkcoin.
We want it to grow into an independent coin that will never be reliant on one or two developers again. We have a plan for making this happen.
If you believe cryptocurrencies can change the world, please join us.
If you are a coder and want a coin that will forever be developed by an inclusive community, come work with us and help us build it.

I went looking for a way of illustrating the message I am trying to convey and found this video:
http://www.ted.com/talks/heather_barnett_what_humans_can_learn_from_semi_intelligent_slime_1

It was quite a surprise to come across this video that so beautifully illustrates the idea and I am excited to share it:
All we need to do is build the foundation.
ifxist

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:10:58 AM

Spread the word!

Offering a 200 Silk bounty on posting about the NEW DEV TEAM, NEW CLIENT, ETC on a unique crypto-related forum site!

ie, can't be on bitcointalk.org cause, well this thread is already the announcement.  Don't think there's one on cryptocointalk.com.

Post the link in this thread!
BiTJack

Activity: 806
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:22:11 AM

Spread the word!

Offering a 200 Silk bounty on posting about the NEW DEV TEAM, NEW CLIENT, ETC on a unique crypto-related forum site!

ie, can't be on bitcointalk.org cause, well this thread is already the announcement.  Don't think there's one on cryptocointalk.com.

SC Address in the Sig there.
http://bitcoingarden.tk/forum/index.php?topic=824.0
ifxist

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 08:09:35 AM

Spread the word!

SC Address in the Sig there.
http://bitcoingarden.tk/forum/index.php?topic=824.0

Sent!  Anyone know of more forums?
aragoon

Activity: 295

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 08:33:58 AM

Maybe try Crypto Connecta. New multi coin forum.  Smiley
glavos

Activity: 547

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:17:10 PM

My work. Fell free to donate. BAAefZgrxZWbRjtGhUpTTxeyD9NitbqSrY

glavos

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:21:38 PM

yell4george

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:19:42 PM

Looks great, glavos!
Crypt0Keeper

Activity: 150

Ad Libertas!

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 04:26:36 PM

Ben's Bounties

UPDATE ONE, Jul. 3/14: Bounties increased by popular demand!
UPDATE TWO, Jul. 4/14: New list below tracks pledged matching bounties!

5,000 - for 10 positive news and promo Tweets from a crypto-related account with more than 1000 followers.

5,000 - for securing www.silkcoin.co and transferring control to the webmaster our community nominates. Invoice and whois confirm required for payout.
PAYOUT PENDING TO pandionrain AWAITING CONFIRM

30,000 - for designing and publishing a new website at www.silkcoin.co ... our new public face!

50,000 - for coding and publishing a new wallet using Bitcoin Core 0.9.2.1 ... Windows to start.
With bholzer back on the scene as of July 4, this is up for grabs by anyone, but he's probably on point with it now, per his OP

I accidentally shuffled my internal addresses, so you can now find the funds here:
BNiVS57bss5MvdqmXZG7yqXZee3hHboHfp
I will pay them out as each task is completed. PM me on here if you're entitled to one.

Here's who's pledged to match my bounties so far.
*** These are all voluntary and self-directed, so it will be claimants' responsibility to follow up with the respective pledgers
*** The community bounties being held in escrow by BadAss.Sx are completely separate

Mr. Joker - 20% MATCH - Thread message #836
Arteleis - 100% MATCH - Thread message #842
ifxist - 100% MATCH - Thread message #866

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=664918.0

Cheers to everybody's hard work!

Ben

Ben is this up to date?

I believe some people have mentioned being in a bounty for a multipool?  I would love a multi pool.  I know there is hashcows but I'm not setting my rig to mine scrypt in this summer heat.  We need an x11, x13, x15 or nist5 pool.

Lemme know Smiley

--Silkcoin Reddit Moderator--
https://silknetwork.org
armlock

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:41:21 PM

Great work! Donated 100 silk for each one

▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄
                  ▀▄▄█     ▀▀▀▀█   █
                   █  ▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▀
                  █   █      █   █
                 █    ▀▄    ▄▀    █
                █     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄     █
               █    ▄▀        ▀▄    █
              █   ▄▀            ▀▄   █
█   ▄▀    ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▀   █▄     █  █  ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄    ▄▀▀▀▄
█ ▄▀    ▄▀       ▀▄  █ █    █  █  ▄▀       ▀▄  ▀▄
██      █         █  █  ▀▄  █  █  █         █    ▀▄
█ ▀▄    ▀▄       ▄▀  █    █ █  █  ▀▄       ▄▀      █
█   ▀▄    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀    █     ▀█  █    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀   ▀▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S MOST SECURE
CASH
& CRYPTO PLATFORM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████       █████████████
███████                   ███████
SWISS
MADE
ifxist

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 05:25:14 PM

Is anyone in contact or can get in contact with the exchanges?  I know the original DEVs did something with poloniex for a contest for a Oculus Rift give-a-way.  I don't want to do the exact same thing, but I want to offer a similar contest too.  Maybe winner gets something like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh7JyowQ3k0

Ideas?  Suggestions?

I'll donate the funds to get it for the good of the community!

glavos

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 06:36:21 PM

nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 09:20:38 PM

Is anyone in contact or can get in contact with the exchanges?  I know the original DEVs did something with poloniex for a contest for a Oculus Rift give-a-way.  I don't want to do the exact same thing, but I want to offer a similar contest too.  Maybe winner gets something like this:

Ideas?  Suggestions?

Im unsure if anyone has, but that sounds like a good idea. The occlus rift promo was quite successful i must admit.
I wonder if poloniex would be open to another promotion?
That drone looks pretty cool!

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
arteleis (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 10:50:40 PM

I think i might get this tattoo. Deadly work man.  Join the gchats - google hangout - add hanzlambrecht@gmail.com

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM
arteleis (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:10:57 PM

Ideas?  Suggestions?

Yep i hear they do contests lots.  Ill pitch too.   Just wait a smidge until voting comes out in wallet.  Basically done and in testing.  Perhaps make.the contest something to do with the first vote..  and well..  what do we want the first vote to be about?
   Main thing is the system of payment to development.  And deciding how developers get paid.  Folks need to be elected to signoff on multisig for payments, and different development escrows. 
 So would likely need graphics, core development - web development - 3rd party development, mobile development, and perhaps 2 to sign for each?

Or have one single escrow, that payments can only be made by winning vote.  Could do short 6 hout votes for this kind of thing. 

Then move into 2 signee per department payment system? This needs to be decided.

Not sure if anyone watched jacquls video, and really studied what he said and why he is excited..
     This process has to be something that can become autonomous, and give function to continuous honest development with no end.
    A cellular network, with no brain, no nervous system, no central conciousness; As a collection, organization and amoebic network of cells which we all are - to exhibit anticipation, judgement, intelligence, coherent function, and collective conciousness inside of a computer program we all built.

What we build here, will keep building itself.  We will be the programmers and caretakers, obeying the program we build together.

Others say revolution.. This is revolution, not of war, but a revolution of conciousness integrating into technology. 

Lets make some deadly contests... we'll rain Silk like Revolution.   Cool

arteleis (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:22:57 PM

If we work together we can achieve much more.

Lets build it together.

TLDR:
Go read it, this is important!
If you really won’t, here is the gist of it:
The community is raising the orphan that is Silkcoin.
We want it to grow into an independent coin that will never be reliant on one or two developers again. We have a plan for making this happen.
If you believe cryptocurrencies can change the world, please join us.
If you are a coder and want a coin that will forever be developed by an inclusive community, come work with us and help us build it.

I went looking for a way of illustrating the message I am trying to convey and found this video:
http://www.ted.com/talks/heather_barnett_what_humans_can_learn_from_semi_intelligent_slime_1

It was quite a surprise to come across this video that so beautifully illustrates the idea and I am excited to share it:
All we need to do is build the foundation.

Everyone.  Watch this video.

yell4george

Activity: 232

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 02:52:47 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2014, 03:15:09 AM by yell4george

Lets build it together.

Everyone.  Watch this video.

Silkcoin, redefining digital intelligence
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 03:35:19 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2014, 04:10:53 AM by nzminer

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
arteleis (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 03:48:14 AM

Lets build it together.

Everyone.  Watch this video.

Silkcoin, redefining digital intelligence

Exactly.

Bitcoinasourus

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:05:09 AM

Ben's Bounties

UPDATE ONE, Jul. 3/14: Bounties increased by popular demand!
UPDATE TWO, Jul. 4/14: New list below tracks pledged matching bounties!

5,000 - for 10 positive news and promo Tweets from a crypto-related account with more than 1000 followers.

5,000 - for securing www.silkcoin.co and transferring control to the webmaster our community nominates. Invoice and whois confirm required for payout.
PAYOUT PENDING TO pandionrain AWAITING CONFIRM

30,000 - for designing and publishing a new website at www.silkcoin.co ... our new public face!

50,000 - for coding and publishing a new wallet using Bitcoin Core 0.9.2.1 ... Windows to start.
With bholzer back on the scene as of July 4, this is up for grabs by anyone, but he's probably on point with it now, per his OP

I accidentally shuffled my internal addresses, so you can now find the funds here:
BNiVS57bss5MvdqmXZG7yqXZee3hHboHfp
I will pay them out as each task is completed. PM me on here if you're entitled to one.

Here's who's pledged to match my bounties so far.
*** These are all voluntary and self-directed, so it will be claimants' responsibility to follow up with the respective pledgers
*** The community bounties being held in escrow by BadAss.Sx are completely separate

Mr. Joker - 20% MATCH - Thread message #836
Arteleis - 100% MATCH - Thread message #842
ifxist - 100% MATCH - Thread message #866

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=664918.0

Cheers to everybody's hard work!

Ben

Ben is this up to date?

I believe some people have mentioned being in a bounty for a multipool?  I would love a multi pool.  I know there is hashcows but I'm not setting my rig to mine scrypt in this summer heat.  We need an x11, x13, x15 or nist5 pool.

Lemme know Smiley

it's in the works mate.

By the way nice work on the wallet fellas!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 210 »
  Print  

Jump to: