Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:12:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DSH] Dashcoin (Cryptonote, automated source)  (Read 216666 times)
MyFarm

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 01:19:06 AM

Willing to buy up to 51% of all outstanding DSH at .00000025 XMR/DSH.  That is my bid on Poloniex, feel free to hit it.  I'll add to it as I transfer more BTC to Poloniex.

I am also happy to do private deals for BTC for 1,000,000,000+ coins at a time.  PM me.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 01:32:49 AM

As this is a decentralized project (unlike darkcoin) slb or any other developer is not in a position to "sell" the rights to the project or "be bought out" or any other such nonsense . Evan donated his money, plain & simple. Dashcoin will continue, Evan doesn't own anything here.

F off darkcoin fanboys, you're polluting this thread

Wow... Looks who's calling the kettle black Mr.  White... You certainly enjoy polluting other threads.  

What I don't understand is dashcoins Dev is the one that sold out his coin he made.   As far as I know that would be his right as he created the coin.   In buying dashcoins or any other crypto for that matter there is no implied contract when you as crypto currency buyer have ownership.   Did my Arielbit sign a legal document of ownership with the Dev of his coin?  I presume not.   Now this does now raise some interesting questions. ... That all crypto would be wise to answer.   And maybe the event with Evan and team is blessing to cryptos in general.  

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 01:51:22 AM
Last edit: March 16, 2015, 02:12:05 AM by arielbit

As this is a decentralized project (unlike darkcoin) slb or any other developer is not in a position to "sell" the rights to the project or "be bought out" or any other such nonsense . Evan donated his money, plain & simple. Dashcoin will continue, Evan doesn't own anything here.

Wow... Looks who's calling the kettle black Mr.  White... You certainly enjoy polluting other threads.  

What I don't understand is dashcoins Dev is the one that sold out his coin he made.   As far as I know that would be his right as he created the coin.   In buying dashcoins or any other crypto for that matter there is no implied contract when you as crypto currency buyer have ownership.   Did my Arielbit sign a legal document of ownership with the Dev of his coin?  I presume not.   Now this does now raise some interesting questions. ... That all crypto would be wise to answer.   And maybe the event with Evan and team is blessing to cryptos in general.  

his coin he made

cryptonote? clone? open source? community? decentralized?......ring any bells?

i bought dashcoin, i can call it dashcoin

i mine dashcoin, i can call it dashcoin

did you have any  legal document of ownership of darkcoins? bitcoins?

edit: you can throw lawyers around here but i am giving my support to keep this coin alive, and by the way if what i am doing is illegal..trace me and my cryptonote dashcoins  Tongue
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 02:43:09 AM

I've spent the last few days significantly reducing my position in DRK due to this statement by Evan:

As any of you in the USA smart enough to follow financial laws know, the IRS and SEC have made some rather interesting rulings regarding cryptocurrency.  While I am no attorney (but make the habit of occasionally talking to one) I suspect there is going to be some... "Drama" in Darkcoin's future.

I have been making posts about the important need for, "Business Acumen" in the Darkcoin ranks.  Before I buy back into Darkcoin in size, I now have the requirement that a very well-seasoned business executive that a venture capitalist would love be brought onto the Darkcoin team to make and handle business decisions.  Note, this kind of person is going to likely require a large, vesting offering of Darkcoin for the trouble.
You are making this "drama" up from your ass  Roll Eyes
Please, go back to your farm Roll Eyes

I wish that was true.  Let's look at the IRS's guidance on virtual currency, shall we?  http://www.irs.gov/uac/Newsroom/IRS-Virtual-Currency-Guidance

How can Evan own something that is treated as property when I own billions of it as well?  And if he doesn't really own it, how can he make a legal challenge that requires his ownership?

Maybe he can.  Maybe Darkcoin has a team of amazing attorneys that understand cryptocurrency.  All I know, is those 568 shares of Google I own don't allow me to make trademark claims on behalf of Google.

I SUSPECT that whoever owns 50.000000001% of Dashcoin is going to own the Dash financial trademark.  But even then, it could be an ugly fight.  Or maybe not.  It's going to be interesting!  Or maybe not.  Heh.

+ 184.46 billion dashcoins

posted from darkcoin thread earlier.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:31:33 AM

edit: well evan i won't be contributing to your murder of my dashcoin. your darkcoin won't get far having blood on its hands.

Seriously?

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:33:37 AM

edit: well evan i won't be contributing to your murder of my dashcoin. your darkcoin won't get far having blood on its hands.

Seriously?

yeah it is a taint they cannot remove forever..
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:39:54 AM

Seriously?

First of all, you must be an idiot.

Second, I just posted this on the DRK thread:

You know what?  You guys have been quite nasty to your part time developer!  Why don't you act nice toward him and ask him to continue with the project?  There is nothing to stop him!  Darkcoin got what they wanted to make a case, it really has nothing to do with you all, and maybe the money your developer got (I assume he was compensated) will actually provide him with the means to continue.  

You'd do well to woo your developer.  No reason he can't continue with this baby unless he hates all of you!  The fact he hasn't posted here to talk to you (unless he is indeed talking to those on IRC) might be a hint he's had enough abuse.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:04:42 AM

posted this on darkcoin thread for TanteStefana2

i want to believe in crypto currency..removing the dev of dashcoin, trying to kill the coin for its name, leaving community to rot simply disgust me..

You know what?  You guys have been quite nasty to your part time developer!  Why don't you act nice toward him and ask him to continue with the project?  There is nothing to stop him!  Darkcoin got what they wanted to make a case, it really has nothing to do with you all, and maybe the money your developer got (I assume he was compensated) will actually provide him with the means to continue. 

I'm not nasty to slb..right now i think i may become nasty to him for selling off..or not because of the attention dashcoin had when he left...if slb is happy good for him.

it really has nothing to do with you all

It has everything to do with dashcoin commmunity.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:08:20 AM

Seriously?

You know what?  You guys have been quite nasty to your part time developer!  Why don't you act nice toward him and ask him to continue with the project?  There is nothing to stop him!  Darkcoin got what they wanted to make a case, it really has nothing to do with you all, and maybe the money your developer got (I assume he was compensated) will actually provide him with the means to continue. 

You'd do well to woo your developer.  No reason he can't continue with this baby unless he hates all of you!  The fact he hasn't posted here to talk to you (unless he is indeed talking to those on IRC) might be a hint he's had enough abuse.

It's an open source project. Developers come and go, and I doubt anyone much cares what 'slb' (whoever that is; it was clearly a sock puppet) thinks or does at this point. Here's a clue for you: 'slb' did not even create this coin, it is a direct clone of Bytecoin. He maintained a repo for a while, good for him. Someone else will take over now (if someone even chooses to do so, I have no idea).
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:19:03 AM

24k market cap and you guys have a "community"? In the unforgettable words of Elsa - Let it goooo , let it gooooooooo

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:22:47 AM

Seriously?

You'd do well to woo your developer.  No reason he can't continue with this baby unless he hates all of you!  The fact he hasn't posted here to talk to you (unless he is indeed talking to those on IRC) might be a hint he's had enough abuse.

It's an open source project. Developers come and go, and I doubt anyone much cares what 'slb' (whoever that is; it was clearly a sock puppet) thinks or does at this point. Here's a clue for you: 'slb' did not even create this coin, it is a direct clone of Bytecoin. He maintained a repo for a while, good for him. Someone else will take over now (if someone even chooses to do so, I have no idea).

No one on the Darkcoin team cares whether or not the development of this coin continues or not. They sought out the lead dev and if purchasing the "rights" ends up being the credentials to the github repo to contest a trademark, then so be it. This coin could easily continue on its path if it so desired.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 04:27:56 AM

No one on the Darkcoin team cares whether or not the development of this coin continues or not. They sought out the lead dev and if purchasing the "rights" ends up being the credentials to the github repo to contest a trademark, then so be it. This coin could easily continue on its path if it so desired.

DASHCOIN uses used Cryptonote's proven zero-knowledge ring signature cryptography to ensure privacy.

So...let's buy the name and replace its state-of-the-art technology with Darkcoin's shitty trusted 3rd party-based obfuscation?   Huh

And for what...marketing purposes?   Huh

OMG so much FAIL.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:47:02 AM

Sounds very dodgy AKA (dark) dealings going on with Evan, no wonder they want to rebrand and what a dirty means of business in the process!

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 05:01:07 AM

Wow... Looks who's calling the kettle black Mr.  White... You certainly enjoy polluting other threads. Riel

his coin he made

edit: you can throw lawyers around here but i am giving my support to keep this coin alive, and by the way if what i am doing is illegal..trace me and my cryptonote dashcoins  Tongue
Mr Arielbit... I fully agree in your right to call your coin whatever you wish.... That's your choice for sure.   My comment is everyone is fudding and trolling Evan and drk/dash team for something your dev did?!? I do understand ur angst.  The dark/dash community is not the source of your pain... Your dev was.   Obviously maybe he did not believe the coin was viable enough to make it a go... That whatever features were there weren't solid enough.... Who knows maybe he knew something about the code of the coin he created was wrong and couldn't correct it.   Either way... These are questions for you  former dev.... Not drk/dash. You have the right to succeed... As we all do.... Please  enter your frustration to the person that put you there.  That's all I'm asking.

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 05:07:30 AM
Last edit: March 16, 2015, 05:17:51 AM by bigrcanada

Sounds very dodgy AKA (dark) dealings going on with Evan, no wonder they want to rebrand and what a dirty means of business in the process!
nzminer...  Not certain of why you have an axe to grind.   I own many coins and don't fud or troll anyone.  Hell I'm probably one of the biggest bagholders of silkcoin.   Look at what happened to us several months ago over there..... I just dont see the point.  I never bitched over there about all the crap with original dev of silk pulled over there... What happened over there in our silkcoin was truly shady.... Come on.  

arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 05:11:14 AM

Wow... Looks who's calling the kettle black Mr.  White... You certainly enjoy polluting other threads. Riel

his coin he made

Mr Arielbit... I fully agree in your right to call your coin whatever you wish.... That's your choice for sure.   My comment is everyone is fudding and trolling Evan and drk/dash team for something your dev did?!? I do understand ur angst.  The dark/dash community is not the source of your pain... Your dev was.   Obviously maybe he did not believe the coin was viable enough to make it a go... That whatever features were there weren't solid enough.... Who knows maybe he knew something about the code of the coin he created was wrong and couldn't correct it.   Either way... These are questions for you  former dev.... Not drk/dash. You have the right to succeed... As we all do.... Please  enter your frustration to the person that put you there.  That's all I'm asking.

maybe..maybe..

both are accused.

anyway buyer and seller....slb and dark devs is trying to enrich themselves at the expense of dashcoin community.
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 05:17:28 AM

his coin he made

maybe..maybe..

both are accused.

anyway buyer and seller....slb and dark devs is trying to enrich themselves at the expense of dashcoin community.

Well sir we can agree to disagree then I guess in the point we (drk/dash) are trying to enrich ourselves on the back of your community.   That is something I would have to say falls 100% on your former dev.   I truly do wish you all the best...

arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 05:23:08 AM

his coin he made

maybe..maybe..

both are accused.

Well sir we can agree to disagree then I guess in the point we (drk/dash) are trying to enrich ourselves on the back of your community.   That is something I would have to say falls 100% on your former dev.   I truly do wish you all the best...

this thread is going in circles..dev don't own the coin

wish you the best too.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 05:24:43 AM
Last edit: March 16, 2015, 05:38:18 AM by TanteStefana2

Seriously?

You know what?  You guys have been quite nasty to your part time developer!  Why don't you act nice toward him and ask him to continue with the project?  There is nothing to stop him!  Darkcoin got what they wanted to make a case, it really has nothing to do with you all, and maybe the money your developer got (I assume he was compensated) will actually provide him with the means to continue.  

You'd do well to woo your developer.  No reason he can't continue with this baby unless he hates all of you!  The fact he hasn't posted here to talk to you (unless he is indeed talking to those on IRC) might be a hint he's had enough abuse.

You guys don't seem to understand.  Evan bought the github repository.  That's it.  He didn't stop you from using your wallets as they currently are, he didn't destroy your blockchain, none of those things are possible.  Start it up again!  Or just keep the same wallet, it takes only minutes if you know what you're doing.  What the hell is your problem?  Call it Dashcoin, just like it's been called, I doubt anyone would care to be honest.  Just note, I'm not an official representative of the Darkcoin Foundation or Darkcoin.  But as a Darkcoin hodleri (ha ha, a natural typo) and active community member, I think we just want to get along, but protect our future.

masternode

Activity: 443
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 05:29:02 AM

apparently dashcoin was bought by evan

He didn't buy mine.

+1

evan purchased dashcoin from slb to acquire dashcoin dev accounts and basically remove the developer of dashcoin. leaving the community without a dev would and encourage the death of dashcoin. this is a dirty tactic from evan the darkcoin developer to steal the name dashcoin.

Its probably a bit more complicated than that. In order to have trademark rights you have to be using the mark in commerce. To oppose the registration by someone else he has to say that he has a "product" called dashcoin and the attempted registration interferes with his use of the term dashcoin for his product.

Now given that he's said dashcoin is abandoned, I don't know how that factors into this. Dashcoin community members might consider respectfully reaching out to the company (a startup I believe)  that is attempting to register dash as a trademark (the one Evan is opposing) and work with them.

Evan, was not speaking literally, as evident by all the active members in this community.  Just because someone has said a project is abondoned doesn't make it so.  Also, the price has doubled because Darkcoin has an interest in dashcoin now, and will likely continue to go higher.  Something to keep in mind.  
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 »
  Print  

Jump to: