Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:03:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 [1164] 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 ... 1241 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★[ANN] [NAV] NAV COIN - Community Fund Live!!!  (Read 2085700 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Mendeleev

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 12:03:01 AM

This subchain approach is allowing NAV to grow to other areas like a project called ''Polymorph'' on where using this subchain and in partnership with exchange Changelly will allow any coin in their platform to make private tx... so...you could send BTC to BTC running through NAV in an anon way.

I have one question about this, which has probably been covered a number of times before, so forgive me...

Is there anything about Polymorph which would increase demand for NAV coins? I'm not up to speed on the technology but, from my outside perspective, it seems like NAV coin itself won't be required for this process.

Is that right/wrong?

Cheers!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bspus
Legendary

Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 06:05:04 AM

Please make available the 4.04 binaries version (not installer) for windows

Working on it. Should have them up later today.

I see it's already on https://navcoin.org/files/navcoin-4.0.4/
But the links are not accessible from the site.
Blockchain is there too.
Good thing to know but I don't understand why the links for these things are hidden

Aquazi

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 03:45:30 AM

This subchain approach is allowing NAV to grow to other areas like a project called ''Polymorph'' on where using this subchain and in partnership with exchange Changelly will allow any coin in their platform to make private tx... so...you could send BTC to BTC running through NAV in an anon way.

I have one question about this, which has probably been covered a number of times before, so forgive me...

Is there anything about Polymorph which would increase demand for NAV coins? I'm not up to speed on the technology but, from my outside perspective, it seems like NAV coin itself won't be required for this process.

Is that right/wrong?

Cheers!

Same question.

Maybe tx fees?

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▶▶▶▶ Get Your Free Tokens Now ◀◀◀◀  First PoS Smart Contract Token
    PoSToken       Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
colvano

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 06:03:02 PM

Is that right/wrong?

Cheers!

Same question.

Maybe tx fees?

I think polymorph has multiple benefits.

1. Marketing: Polymorph will provide a huge marketing opportunity. The partnership with changeling gives trust for new users. Also there is an actual product that can be marketed. There is no need to specifically focus on NAV Coin, polymorph is the product and potential users will find out about NAV Coin and how it works.
   2. Unique product: NAV Coin is no longer just another alt coin with anon capability. NAV Coin offers a product that is unique.
   3. Volume: NAV Coin will see a growth in usage because of how polymorph works. This will create more transaction on the blockchain, which also enhances privacy. More transactions will bring more transaction fees into each block, profitable for stakers.
   4. Locked up coins: To process anon transactions one has to lock up NAV Coins. The more NAV coins are locked up for Navtech, the less nav is available for sale.
   5. Anon fees: Anon transactions are currently processed by a number of servers. Future development aims to enable everyone to easy process anon transactions. At the moment this is possible for everyone, however setting up a navtech server isn't easy for everyone. Every anon transaction comes with a fee for the processing node. The more transactions, the more fees can be collected. So next to the 5% stake reward, NAV coin holders can also generate a number of TX fee for income.
   6. Exchange volume: the instant exchanging will work with exchanges. The more transactions are done with polymorph, the more transactions are made with exchanges. This way nav coin volume grows on the exchanges. Volume is important for exchanges and traders.

How the selling and buying of nav coin on exchanges for polymorph will go has to be seen in the future. It depends on the usage of polymorph and the volume it creates. I think there are mostly benefits for NAV Coin and the holders. What it will do with the price of nav remains to be seen.

NavtechServers.com - Navtech Servers: Status, Reviews, Information, Guides and News. Follow on Twitter
Mendeleev

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 09:26:21 PM

1. Marketing: Polymorph will provide a huge marketing opportunity. The partnership with changeling gives trust for new users. Also there is an actual product that can be marketed. There is no need to specifically focus on NAV Coin, polymorph is the product and potential users will find out about NAV Coin and how it works.
   2. Unique product: NAV Coin is no longer just another alt coin with anon capability. NAV Coin offers a product that is unique.
   3. Volume: NAV Coin will see a growth in usage because of how polymorph works. This will create more transaction on the blockchain, which also enhances privacy. More transactions will bring more transaction fees into each block, profitable for stakers.
   4. Locked up coins: To process anon transactions one has to lock up NAV Coins. The more NAV coins are locked up for Navtech, the less nav is available for sale.
   5. Anon fees: Anon transactions are currently processed by a number of servers. Future development aims to enable everyone to easy process anon transactions. At the moment this is possible for everyone, however setting up a navtech server isn't easy for everyone. Every anon transaction comes with a fee for the processing node. The more transactions, the more fees can be collected. So next to the 5% stake reward, NAV coin holders can also generate a number of TX fee for income.
   6. Exchange volume: the instant exchanging will work with exchanges. The more transactions are done with polymorph, the more transactions are made with exchanges. This way nav coin volume grows on the exchanges. Volume is important for exchanges and traders.

How the selling and buying of nav coin on exchanges for polymorph will go has to be seen in the future. It depends on the usage of polymorph and the volume it creates. I think there are mostly benefits for NAV Coin and the holders. What it will do with the price of nav remains to be seen.

Thank you for this explanation. Just what I wanted to know!

Do we know how much NAV is required to be locked up on a node? 10,000 seems logical?
colvano

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 09:40:28 PM

Thank you for this explanation. Just what I wanted to know!

Do we know how much NAV is required to be locked up on a node? 10,000 seems logical?

In a perfect system I would say it doesn't matter how much you lock up. So very much like staking. The more you use for processing anon transactions, the more fees you are able to collect. Now it works with seperate pools, one combined decentralized pool would be best in the future Smiley

NavtechServers.com - Navtech Servers: Status, Reviews, Information, Guides and News. Follow on Twitter
Mendeleev

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 12:05:08 AM

In a perfect system I would say it doesn't matter how much you lock up. So very much like staking. The more you use for processing anon transactions, the more fees you are able to collect. Now it works with seperate pools, one combined decentralized pool would be best in the future Smiley

Ah, I see. I was thinking of a masternode type system...

So... if I've got this right... NAV will be utilised in Polymorph transactions? E.g. BTC1 > NAV1 > NAV2 > BTC2 ?

Similar to using something like XMR.to ?

NAV stakers will benefit from the interim NAV transactions, which will increase due to demand from Polymorph usage?
SUM2dev (OP)

Activity: 356
Merit: 251

Official account of NAV Development Team

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 11:07:34 AM

NavPi Batch 2 Available, Banner Campaign Update and Translations Underway

We have been busy this week building our first batch of NavPi and shipping them to their proud new owners. We are pleased to announce that NavPi Batch 2 is ready for release. Development continues on NavPay. The digital strategy team have been hard at work with upcoming banner campaign, tightening up our visual communications and coordinating the translation bounties.

READ MORE >

Official account of NAV Coin [NAV] Development TeamVisit the Thread!
colvano

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 12:46:22 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2017, 10:11:08 AM by colvano

NavPi tutorial funding

Hello community,

For some time I have been making NAV Coin tutorials and guides. (https://Navtechservers.com and on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5J3Ys309-nMuPy4wUCVSbw) In my next guide I would like to show a full tutorial for the NavPi, Raspberry Pi Stakebox. I will create a video explaining how it all works and how to set it up.

I put in my time to create this tutorial. I ask from you donations to buy the NavPi from the NAV Coin store (https://store.navcoin.org). With shipping the total cost for the NavPi is $114. This is about 450 NAV Coin at the current price.

Donations for this NavPi tutorial can be send to my NAV tutorial donation address: Nfheq5ahWA71rVkSwBM3keMngj9WtHLQCh

All donations over 450 NAV will go towards future development and funding of my website. It would be great if you can help me buy the NavPi so I can help others. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. You can keep track of the donation address here:
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/nav/address.dws?Nfheq5ahWA71rVkSwBM3keMngj9WtHLQCh.htm

Kind regards,
Colvano

Edit: Thank YOU. Within 24 hours I was able to order the NavPi with the funds from donations. Once I receive the NavPi I will start working on unboxing, tutorial and walkthrough videos! I received more NAV than needed for the NavPi and the remaining nav will be used for future projects. Awesome work community!

colvano

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 01:05:23 PM

Ah, I see. I was thinking of a masternode type system...

So... if I've got this right... NAV will be utilised in Polymorph transactions? E.g. BTC1 > NAV1 > NAV2 > BTC2 ?

Similar to using something like XMR.to ?

NAV stakers will benefit from the interim NAV transactions, which will increase due to demand from Polymorph usage?

Yes that is correct. Indeed a transaction like in your example. Instead of BTC1 and BTC2 it can be any other altcoin though. So for example ETH > NAV1 > NAV2 > XRP.

XMR.to might aim at a similar system, but limited to one coin, Monero to Bitcoin.

NAV stakers will indeed benefit from the NAV transactions among other benefits like a few I gave in the post before.

AztecGoldHero

Activity: 1260
Merit: 644

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2017, 09:34:22 PM

Is that right/wrong?

Cheers!

Same question.

Maybe tx fees?

websıte says %90 for pholymorhp. when ıt wıll be %100 . any deadlıne for that Huh
juguelio

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 10:50:49 AM

Is that right/wrong?

Cheers!

Same question.

Maybe tx fees?

websıte says %90 for pholymorhp. when ıt wıll be %100 . any deadlıne for that Huh

Actually in the website says 33%.

███████████████████
████████████
███████
█████████████
████████████████████

NAV COIN ANONYMOUS SUBCHAIN TRANSACTIONS ▪ NAVCOIN.ORG BITCOINTALK.ORG
Ginger Ninja

Activity: 373

They walk among us...

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 01:39:49 PM

So, my Nav Pi stake box arrived today.....

Am I missing something as it appears to be a regular Pi 3 with a Nav sticker on it? but cost 4x the amount of a regular pi 3?

That is one hell of a mark up for a sticker.

I recall originally it was going to ship with a touch screen?

So am I right in thinking I now have to buy my own PSU, a mouse, a keyboard and HDMI cable or a touchscreen and a PSU?

Im not against donating to dev costs etc. (and I have over the last 3 years believe me) , but this is a bit of a surprise.

Maybe there is some free nav in the wallet? If not think I just paid $60 for a Nav sticker?

I can't tell if it works or not yet as I need to buy all the other bits to get it working....

I really hope we are not sending them to the press like this as they will have the same problem.

I feel like I just bought a Plasystion 4 "BOX" off of eBay. - You know - just the cardboard box....
serpentgawd

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 06:24:42 PM

Am I missing something as it appears to be a regular Pi 3 with a Nav sticker on it? but cost 4x the amount of a regular pi 3?

So am I right in thinking I now have to buy my own PSU, a mouse, a keyboard and HDMI cable or a touchscreen and a PSU?

Im not against donating to dev costs etc. (and I have over the last 3 years believe me) , but this is a bit of a surprise.

Maybe there is some free nav in the wallet? If not think I just paid $60 for a Nav sticker?

I can't tell if it works or not yet as I need to buy all the other bits to get it working....

I really hope we are not sending them to the press like this as they will have the same problem.

I feel like I just bought a Plasystion 4 "BOX" off of eBay. - You know - just the cardboard box....

Be careful there, you might get called names like pathetic whiner (multiple times) if you don't agree with their policy Smiley
Ginger Ninja

They walk among us...

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 09:27:25 PM

Be careful there, you might get called names like pathetic whiner (multiple times) if you don't agree with their policy Smiley

Oh I have been called worse than that on here. Having said that, at least it hasn't been deleted, which is something they used to do to me all the time.  Grin

Having said all that I can't knock Craigs new direction with nav and the team. A far cry from the 300 sat Nav I bought into many moons ago Smiley

I do moan a lot, but if you saw my haircut - you would see why!
colvano

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2017, 06:22:00 PM

I am very surprised that you are surprised. There is nothing written about a touch screen and never was..

Its indeed "just a raspberry pi 3 and a sticker", but there is MORE. So there is a case for the Pi and an SD card. On the website is written it doesn't come with a charger/PSU , why? Since most people have 10 micro USB chargers laying around its a waste to add one. If you don't have one, you can buy it for a few $.

Also don't forget about the software. It is prepared for usage. This means the software is flashed onto the SD and configured for easy usage.

So yes the raspberry might cost 35$ don't forget about the case (20$?), SD (15$?). My guess around 70$ in materials and that's without the labor they have to put in and the risk of running a business. 4x the original price... I think you over take it a little over the top here.

tl:dr Your calculation is way off. The price is fair and in the store everything is written correct.

I have no more info on this than you. Just my analysis of the situation.
OH and... No NavCoin in your wallet Wink

Ginger Ninja

They walk among us...

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 07:46:57 PM

I am very surprised that you are surprised. There is nothing written about a touch screen and never was..

Its indeed "just a raspberry pi 3 and a sticker", but there is MORE. So there is a case for the Pi and an SD card. On the website is written it doesn't come with a charger/PSU , why? Since most people have 10 micro USB chargers laying around its a waste to add one. If you don't have one, you can buy it for a few $.

Also don't forget about the software. It is prepared for usage. This means the software is flashed onto the SD and configured for easy usage.

So yes the raspberry might cost 35$ don't forget about the case (20$?), SD (15$?). My guess around 70$ in materials and that's without the labor they have to put in and the risk of running a business. 4x the original price... I think you over take it a little over the top here.

tl:dr Your calculation is way off. The price is fair and in the store everything is written correct.

I have no more info on this than you. Just my analysis of the situation.
OH and... No NavCoin in your wallet Wink

I am very very surprised that you are surprised that I am surprised  Grin

There was talk of a touch screen originally which is why I mentioned it. It would have been cheap if it had the touch screen Smiley

My main point was that if you send this to the press its not plug and play. With the touch screen it would be, add a few nav and they might bother to fire it up as it really would be ready to go and kinda cool. The opening of a "oh look a pi 3" is soon defeated when you think (like I did) but I need to unplug my monitor, keyboard and power it somehow (although I take your point about the psu)

Im not fussed about the cash as I know I have one of the first batch which will be worth millions in years to come. And it may have been touched by our lord and saviour Craig (aka Ed Sheeran) - hmmm do you think they will send me a letter of authenticity?......

I will get my coat.....

serpentgawd

Activity: 103

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 08:40:50 PM

This all is very surprising Wink

Nah, the case doesn't cost 20$, at most 2$, here's the link:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=raspberry+pi+3+case&_sop=15

Nah, the SD doesn't cost 15$, at most 8$ if it's branded, otherwise 4$, here's the link:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_nkw=16gb+micro+sd+card&_sop=12

Touch screen was optional, here's the qoute from april 2016, search the forum, quite a bit talk about it;

""Raspberry Pi Staking Unit

With the performance increases achieved by implementing all the BIP’s we’ve integrated by rebasing NAV Coin will allow us to successfully run the Raspberry Pi staking units. This is going to be a great system you can use to mine NAV very cheaply. Initially it will be a deployment which you run on your own Raspberry Pi and subsequently optionally purchasing a touch screen version from us.""

What press and who is sending them what!?

All words aside, I think the situation is reflected brilliantly in the price, but that's just my pathetic whining  Kiss
Cryptoforthefuture99

Activity: 160

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 10:47:44 PM

Looking at the regular develop and communication from the Dev team,relatively low coin supply and differentiated tech, really strange this coin is so cheap.  Huh 

Will stop complaining and be glad that at least once I am able to get in at a good buy point.  Grin

Should be a fantastic ride up to 13500 - 14000 sat at least!!!!
recaptchachacha

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 03:44:33 AM

Running and staking the wallet v4.0.4.0-91891f9-dirty on Linux Mint 17.1. It periodically shuts down. Has done it four times since I installed it on July 30th. I didn't have any issues with the prior version. Anyone with this issue? Maybe someone can let development know if they are not aware of the issue.
Pages: « 1 ... 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 [1164] 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 ... 1241 »
  Print  

Jump to: