Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 07:13:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SHLD] ShieldCoin - X15 - PoS - Fair Launch - Whitepaper RELEASE!  (Read 106482 times)
nonny12

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:48:24 AM

Didn't VOOT have a community take over

Yes, which makes it more impressive what theyre doing.
So....are we doing a takeover or giving dev some time?

I like your energy... I do. I saw your posts in the thread during the 'OMG PLAGIARISM' days and you were levelheaded. Honestly though, this coin has been out not even TWO WEEKS and you are all talking of a takeover when the developers posted yesterday? What else are you expecting?
darkproton

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 05:02:39 AM

I like your energy... I do. I saw your posts in the thread during the 'OMG PLAGIARISM' days and you were levelheaded. Honestly though, this coin has been out not even TWO WEEKS and you are all talking of a takeover when the developers posted yesterday? What else are you expecting?
that's true, 2 weeks is nothing.What prompted that was I was unnerved by the devs not even acknowledging the drama that was swirling in their first post. They also claim they must keep their identities secret for fear of retribution, however, dan and evan, xc and drk, have made themselves known. I get it though, not wanting to post one's identity. In reality, the lack of transparency is what is gnawing at me. With that said, I agree with you, on taking a step back, that it is way too soon to call for a takeover. I still am very bothered by what has transpired, though it can easily be overcome with a clear vision or roadmap instead of nebulous claims of third party joinings and patents to be.  I do look forward to what the devs can do for this coin.
cryptoholic11

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 05:08:34 AM

that's true, 2 weeks is nothing.What prompted that was I was unnerved by the devs not even acknowledging the drama that was swirling in their first post. They also claim they must keep their identities secret for fear of retribution, however, dan and evan, xc and drk, have made themselves known. I get it though, not wanting to post one's identity. In reality, the lack of transparency is what is gnawing at me. With that said, I agree with you, on taking a step back, that it is way too soon to call for a takeover. I still am very bothered by what has transpired, though it can easily be overcome with a clear vision or roadmap instead of nebulous claims of third party joinings and patents to be.  I do look forward to what the devs can do for this coin.

+1. Road map would be good. Detailed and specific.

Kgman

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 03:55:33 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2014, 11:03:30 PM by Kgman

Community Road Map

1st off fuck this Dev .........3 people my ass this is 1 POS mofo in his subsidized govt housing project in europe no doubt .......if I could I would skull fuck him ....words like shortly and very soon for updates are just laughable now....logo contest escrow bullshit .........i doubt it

His personal message to me, based on his previous lies he must hold that large amount of coins ...hes a scammer plain and simple

"Contrary to popular belief, we do not hold the majority of our coin and we never have.  We have bought higher than the current price as well.  So has our partnering company.  Getting the price back is our drive.  Our main motivation is to complete a new SSL encrypted wallet solution."

1. Blacklist the wallet in question.......160,000 less coins good for everyone, esp in stake coin where no one should have over 10% of coins

2. Straight up copy Cloakcoin

3. Steal 1 of logos in the design, u cant sue a coin so fuck itfo

4. Bounty for marketing .........and commodities exchange like urocoin

5. Shieldcoin convention ..........1st time people steped up and took back the power from evil and useless disgraces to humanity
funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:43:42 PM

Why would someone sell 6000shield for 0.00005000?? Do they know something we don't? It doesn't make sense?
Also why were the devs so active b4 launch and now they are hardly here?
darkproton

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 07:03:49 PM

Why would someone sell 6000shield for 0.00005000?? Do they know something we don't? It doesn't make sense?
makes one wonder. They did post a few days ago.
tendend

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 07:11:33 PM

makes one wonder. They did post a few days ago.
Dev last posted on friday. Cmon, let the guy have a weekend off.
Kgman

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 07:45:54 PM

Hey Dev u anon little bitch..............nobody knows who u are anyway and there is supposedly 3 of u .............just say ur leaving the project so we can move on,,,,,,,,,, ur continuous carrot and stick updates are fuckin stupid just like the mother that gave u birth
cassius69

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:08:19 PM

so which naughty member has been threatening the dev?

be nice. we need them to pick a logo!  Grin

Lucksee

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:26:56 PM

Okidoke. Then there should be no issue making the case.

What reasons are there to expect SHLD will deliver at this point.

The dev has laid out a plan (whitepaper) which looks good to my non-expert eyes.
Heh. What. That's item #1. The whitepaper?
The whitepaper lays out the proposed development of a project. I am unsure what else would be the major factor in deciding to back a project or not other than the way it is to be developed and the planed route which this will take. This should of course be follow by a roadmap  which would spell out when the item in the whitepaper should be implemented and a more detailed explanation of the course ahead.  I would consider this the most important item and as such I stand by my decision to have this listed as No1 in not only this but any project that I am involved with either financially or with time commitments
They has kept updating on a daily bases.
Very poorly.
At the time of my original statement there had been daily updates with details of what was happening.
They has several features to implement that have potential.
So far, bare promises.
Of course they are promises. Is this not the reason we are investing in a Altcoin that has just started.  If they were more then promises then we would be investing in the coin that has already implemented these features but at a hugely inflated price than the one we invested in this coin originally
It has been implied that RetroShare is on-board (who already operate an implementation of some of what was in the white paper)
Still don't know anything about them. Do you know what kind of company they are? What kind of financial balls they have? I sent them an email and they haven't responded.
I did a general goggle search on them and read this along with a couple of other articles. I did not bother calling up their trading history or do a more detailed financial assessment on them as this would have been time and monetarily expensive and I did not believe that I could have gained any information that would have warranted the expense.  I am unsure why if you require this information you do not acquire it yourself?. We are dealing with emerging technologies and companies that may not have extensive finical histories and I believe this is where innovations come from. I cant comment on why they have not replied to you (when did you email them?)
The statements by the dev match with what Retroshare already do
Keyword:"Statements".
Same as point 2 show me a coin that had more to offer at this stage of development?
There has been no undue hyping of the coin by the dev
Hype is a tool used at the opportune moments. This doesn't mean anything.
To say a statement does not mean anything means that if the statement was reversed then it would also mean nothing
(rephrased = There has been unwarranted hyping of the coin by the dev). This is a comment that should cause concern.

No premine, No IPO and No instamine = A lot of work for the dev if a simple p&d was desired.
A lot of work for free money?
The finest example of an Oxymoron I have ever heard. Free money should never be a lot of work or it is no longer free Smiley  I was implying by this statement that there is easier ways.
There is a team working on it and not just one person.
How could you possibly know that other than hearsay?
All we have is hearsay with a dev who uses a newbie account. Check out Judgecoin if you want a dev who puts himself out there
Coding takes time, Testing takes longer (I'm not in for the quick profit).

There is of course no way that I can tell if this coin will succeed or not. If I was gifted with such an ability I would be on a beach somewhere sipping a cocktail as the sun descends behind the horizon instead of in this forum Smiley.

These are the reasons that I have chosen this project to back and while it is not the only one I am backing (I am backing 2 others) it has been the most expensive and holds the best prospect of a good return in the mid-term.

And to conclude... I asked for the case. You each just demonstrated there is no well-supported case for Shieldcoin right now at either neglect, ambition, or cunning of the dev. He knows this is the situation, but the mystery is... why does he leave investors with real currency in the dark?
What do you know about anybody you invest in other than what they tell you and the result of you research based on that combined with what you know about the field.  I do completely agree that the amount of time that has lapsed since the dev last posted is now excessive. If you do know of a better investment then I would advise you to follow your instinct as this is the only thing any of is can do.

Imagine this entire scenario, 1:1, in the offline world. Is any of this connecting?
Do you mean investing in a idea that you know little about.  If I am not mistaken is this not the  bases of most of the financial markets. Do you imagine that the man on the street has any idea where the money he has invested in a hedgefund or other product has any idea where the money goes.  We are in a privileged position where we are actually in contact with people doing such  innovative thing and it is very unfortunate that that is being taken advantage of by unscrupulous people which has made investor wary. I don't know the figures but I am sure that most rip-off still happen offline and generally by people you know.  I think we all know the risks of this market and I would hazard a guess that you have had been shafted in the past.  All we can do is make the best decision based on the information we can be bothered to acquire.

I'll come back and apologize if this actually turns out.... but right now, I think you're just rolling altdice on a very low-info coin launch and questionable dev.
I agree we are rolling altdice. Can you give me the name of a sure thing so I don't have to roll the dice? There was low info but is that not where the money is to be made (Bitcoin seems strong and has a lot of info if you are looking for something less risky.)
It would be nice to hear from you dev?
Hey, great responses. I'll get to them eventually. And I have looked into Judgecoin. Really emphasizes the contrast we have with the situation in this thread...

But also about Retroshare, I emailed them a day before I posted that I had emailed them. I'm not sure I've got the skills to do a proper investigation to begin with... but Retroshare doesn't look like much of a company, to me. That article is from 2012 and there isn't much recent activity on their site... Not a smoking gun, but questionable.

Maybe someone could educate us. *cough*
cryptoholic11

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:35:23 PM

so which naughty member has been threatening the dev?

be nice. we need them to pick a logo!  Grin

Probably a 14year old noob who bought at the top. It shouldnt matter and I dont know why the dev would take these threats serious. All he has to do is just stay active and be more specific on his updates. That is unless he is working with pump cartels behind the scenes and is staying quiet and vague just to manipulate the prices.

And the devs are saying "Sorry but a lack of transparency regarding "money laundering technology" (that gov't frowns upon) is something you can expect from most 'anon' developers" is absolute nonesense. So youre developing anon technology for the sake of money laundering? I mean be real, there are more uses for privacy tech than just to launder money. And anybody who is going to launder money will always find a way to do it, even with bitcoin. Every top anon coin dev is transparent to the point where they have given their personal names. But you guys dont have to do that. Just dont give these bullshit excuses. Just be upfront and active. And if you guys are working with retroshares or some other company, then prove it by having them update here and make themselves known to the community, otherwise you all look like a bunch of scam artists. It doesnt take much effort to provide a little of transparency and a bit more details with more frequent posting, and itll keep the prices and volume stable...which is something you guys should be worried about if in fact you are invested in the coin like you say you are.

Lucksee

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 10:42:29 PM

What if this the truth:

The coin really is a top-tier "partnered" coin, but a coin purposefully launched as schemecoin to fund itself. Indeed, to fund Retroshare's and Sheilcoindev's next "projects".

What sign are there that Retroshare has any money? Wouldn't their incentives be perfectly aligned?

But it would be very heroic of them... to fund themselves unethically, as a matter of necessary evil, in a fog of "DEV UPDATE:", once a day, leaving their investors in the dark... only to return build an honest cryptocurrency, backed by another real company. That fantasy would be one of the first and most exceptional cryptocurrency success stories to ever be written into digital history.
NetAlp

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:14:07 PM

Dev Last Active:   July 19, 2014, 12:01:04 AM

▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
          █   █▄  ▀▀▀██▄▄
       ▄▄▀▀█  ██  ▄ ▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▄▄
 █▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀▀      ▐███▄ ▀ ▀▀▄
  ▀██▄    ▀▄    ▄ ▄  ▀▀▀▀▀█    ▄██
    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄  █▌ ▀▀▄▄▄  ▄█     ▐█
   ▀▄▄ ██▀▀   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄  █▄▄    █▀
     █▌ ██    ▐████▀▀   ▄██▄▄▄▄██
      ▌ ▐█   █ ▀▄    ▄ ▐██▀    ▀
        █▀  █    ▀     ▐██
       ▄▀ ▄▀    ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀▀████
      ▄▀    ▄█▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▄     █▀
    ▄▀   ▄█▀▀█▀        ▀█▄▄▀
 █     ▄█▀              ▀
██   ▄█▀
█▀ ▄█▀
██▄██
▀███
 ▀██
  ▀█
Tigereum             ▀▀▄▄
                ▀█▄▄
▀▄▄      ▄▄       ▀█▄▄
  ▀█▄     ▀█▄       ▀██▄
    ▀█▄    ███▄▄     ▀██▄
      ██▄▄   ▀███▄    ▀██▄
       ▀█▄▄    ████   ▀▀██▄
        ███    ▀████   ▐███
        ▀██▄    ████▄   ████
        ████    ▀████▌   ▐██▄
         ▀███    ▀███    ▐███▐
          ▀███    ▀███     ███
          ▀████    ▀███     ██▄
            ███      ██      ██▄
             ███      █▌      ███
              ▀█▄      █       ██
               ▀█▄▄     ▀       █▄
                ▀█▌              ▀
                 ▀█
                  ▀▄
              ' WHITEPAPER '             
Join Us on Telegram
Facebook   Twitter   Linkedin
darkproton

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:14:39 PM

What if this the truth:

The coin really is a top-tier "partnered" coin, but a coin purposefully launched as schemecoin to fund itself. Indeed, to fund Retroshare's and Sheilcoindev's next "projects".

What sign are there that Retroshare has any money? Wouldn't their incentives be perfectly aligned?

But it would be very heroic of them... to fund themselves unethically, as a matter of necessary evil, in a fog of "DEV UPDATE:", once a day, leaving their investors in the dark... only to return build an honest cryptocurrency, backed by another real company. That fantasy would be one of the first and most exceptional cryptocurrency success stories to ever be written into digital history.
well saw this....
cryptoholic11

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:17:53 PM

^^^^ what a fucking disaster. Lets see how they respond to that. To their credit, they never said the company or development team they were working with was retroshare. But the way they have hanled this project so far is absolutely ridiculous.

darkproton

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:25:31 PM

^^^^ what a fucking disaster. Lets see how they respond to that. To their credit, they never said the company or development team they were working with was retroshare. But the way they have hanled this project so far is absolutely ridiculous.
yes, sad.
funsponge

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:57:55 PM

All this wouldn't happen if they did regular updates. They are killing their own coin by not saying anything
Lucksee

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 12:04:02 AM

What if this the truth:

well saw this....

Woah. I'm a cryptopoet and I didn't even know it. But then again, I didn't even think to find their twitter. Only their website.

But regardless... if this is what it seems, I guess that locks it up... digitally... behind a trillion different algorithms... confirmed by a hundred billion nodes... See ya, Shield. lol.
funsponge

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 12:16:00 AM

I've noticed that the dev(s) have logged on and logged off again without responding to what had been said and reported! This surly is not good!
cassius69

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 12:17:05 AM

I've noticed that the dev(s) have logged on and logged off again without responding to what had been said and reported! This surly is not good!

its not and im getting surly thinking about it!

why oh why do i keep giving these thieves my money? have i lost my mind? i need help quick!  Grin

Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: