Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:37:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 [423] 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328436 times)
BTCDDev

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 09:03:02 PM

Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't been on the forums as much recently. Things have been busy and I've mostly migrated to slack.

Big things are coming! I am particularly excited about a little something I am currently working on, hopefully it will be finished soon, that will really show the innovation of BitcoinDark  Smiley

Of course James is hard at work as ever, we are really making BTCD into a transformative currency.

Please continue to bear with us, the development journey is long, but we are making tremendous strides towards our goal!

Matthew

BitcoinDark: RPHWc5CwP9YMMbvXQ4oXz5rQHb3pKkhaxc
Top Donations: juicybirds 420BTCD ensorcell 84BTCD Stuntruffle: 40BTCD
Top April Donations: juicybirds 420BTCD; ensorcell: 42BTCD

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 12:06:44 PM

Bearing Interesting Matthew!

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Azeh (OP)

Activity: 441
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 03:35:50 PM

The latest shift for the Xpool Multipool paid out over 14+ DRK, 88+ BTCD, 136+ FIBRE, 252+ BITS & 0.262+ BTC.

Welcome Bitstar coin as a new coin for payouts.

Any problems, please PM or post to the Xpool thread linked in my forums sig as I may miss your post.

Cheers!

www.xpool.ca

OK, that's enough pool spam.

Please keep such posts confined to your pool's thread, and out of the various coins' threads.

You don't see Slush spamming Bitcoin threads with the latest stats from his pool, do you?

Icebreaker, I understand your ire for mining pool spam, but in this case it is completely warranted.

Crackfoo runs the official BTCD multi-pool so him posting daily stats for a bit of exposure is a non-issue.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 06:02:56 PM

The latest shift for the Xpool Multipool paid out over 14+ DRK, 88+ BTCD, 136+ FIBRE, 252+ BITS & 0.262+ BTC.

Welcome Bitstar coin as a new coin for payouts.

Any problems, please PM or post to the Xpool thread linked in my forums sig as I may miss your post.

Cheers!

www.xpool.ca

OK, that's enough pool spam.

Please keep such posts confined to your pool's thread, and out of the various coins' threads.

You don't see Slush spamming Bitcoin threads with the latest stats from his pool, do you?

Icebreaker, I understand your ire for mining pool spam, but in this case it is completely warranted.

Crackfoo runs the official BTCD multi-pool so him posting daily stats for a bit of exposure is a non-issue.

I didn't make the rules:

Advertising spam is not allowed, this includes mining pools

Mining pool ops should make a thread within the Mining section of Alt Currencies.

advertising your pool is unnecessary and leads to too much spam.

I'm just asking you both to respect them.  Why is that so hard?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 06:06:51 PM

the thing is 99,x% of the people reading here dont see it as spam.
you are the first one to mention it icebreaker

i think we all are smart enough to not debate about that...

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Jamil.Kamil

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 06:14:31 PM

I like BTCD.. I think it's much progressive coins... Smiley Smiley

macdadon341

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 07:04:19 PM

Posting stats from the official BTCD pool is not spam.
jd1959

Activity: 529
Merit: 505

I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 11:33:54 PM

Seeing that BTCD is POS why do we need any mining pool info? I thought the idea of POS was to get rid of mining farms and make things fairer so to speak.......maybe I missed something

Jon  Wink

dICO Disguised Instant Cash Out
cloudboy

Activity: 690

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 01:29:51 AM

Seeing that BTCD is POS why do we need any mining pool info? I thought the idea of POS was to get rid of mining farms and make things fairer so to speak.......maybe I missed something

Jon  Wink

It's a multipool, they are mining other coins and purchasing BTCD with them, providing consistent upward buying pressure.
jd1959

Activity: 529
Merit: 505

I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 02:13:07 AM

Jon  Wink

It's a multipool, they are mining other coins and purchasing BTCD with them, providing consistent upward buying pressure.

So when all coins go POS there will be no upward pressure?  and there will be no downward pressure on other coins that are mined and dumped daily..... it just sort of seems morally bankrupt to me..but hey who cares

about other coins or people as long as I'm doing OK

Jon  Wink

dICO Disguised Instant Cash Out
4emily

Activity: 577

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 08:20:50 AM

So when all coins go POS there will be no upward pressure?  and there will be no downward pressure on other coins that are mined and dumped daily..... it just sort of seems morally bankrupt to me..but hey who cares

about other coins or people as long as I'm doing OK

Jon  Wink

For those coins which are not part of SuperNET, it will indeed be a zero sum game.
raimch89
Legendary

Activity: 1169

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:55:25 AM

money in drk is not money in btcd...

javascript:void(0);
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 10:27:42 AM

Looking to buy 10BTC worth of BTCD. Any whales want to cashout let me know.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 03:59:51 PM

I have started to divulge some details about my crypto777 library in slack, Azeh used to cross post slack here. I am too busy coding to have much time to do anything else (literally), so I count on the community to keep up to date.

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
whetherman

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 04:10:00 PM

jl777 [2:34 PM]
cross posted:

jl777 [2:36 PM]
InstantDEX GUI is almost ready for beta, I got virtual orderbooks working (and it is being displayed) for any assetA/assetB (or assetB/assetA if you like it that way)
today I will debug the automatic trade clearing of such dual orderbook entries
each one will have the magic API sequence needed to do the trade and I expect over time I will keep adding more and more methods for trade completing

jl777 [1:48 PM]
crypto777 library is my new sourcebase that I started writing a couple weeks ago, I am combining ideas from TF, new tech from CfB, and just doing what makes sense to me. turns out I am doing things that are similar to previously described http://ftp://intranet.dei.polimi.it/users/Carlo.Piccardi/VarieCda/ArticoliStudenti/i15.pdf, https://www.cs.unm.edu/~saia/papers/RandomBeacon.pdf and others, but it is a method that I will use to solve network security, quantum computer attacks and pangea realtime betting. It is currently able to do pretty fast blocktimes on my 128 thread localhost network, but I still need to add command processing so it can add new nodes, catch up if it falls behind, etc. The consensus mechanism is totally abstracted out from the block contents, so a plugin can be created for any new tx type.

I believe I improved on BCnext TF, at least I have a method to practically do thousands of tx per block, with a very fast blocktime, but this is still "theoretical" I havent coded it yet, but it is "only" a distributed network application level complexity once the decentralized consensus is taken care of. The big problem is what to do with all that data! this I dont have a solution for yet, but I do have ideas and once the older projects go into maintenance mode, I will have time to experiment

mr_e [2:10 PM]
Is this using btcd or is it a completely separate "coin"?

the crypto777 "coin" (I think I will name it CLOCK as the blocks come out like clockwork) is a framework to add a decentralized consensus onto anything, eg. pangea chips, but I am also investigating BTCD sidechains as it makes no sense to release yet another coin when you can enhance an existing one. CLOCK supports the concept of a ledger, which is simply a balance tied to an account and there are transactions that modify the ledger. I use 48 byte signature and 32 bytes for simple tx, but all the tx handling I would prefer to be totally abstracted away from CLOCK itself.

I have worked hard to make the code as simple and easy to understand as possible. With the line count being so low, it becomes feasible to get a full code review for any and all flaws. The temptation to contaminate the consensus mechanism with blockdata is quite high though... But if I can totally abstract out the blockdata semantics, then it will be a framework for any sort of data consensus, in realtime, that a subset of nodes can maintain. So a node would subscribe to a tx stream type X, Y and Z and only have to deal with them and if a tx type B is having a problem, it would just mess up ledger B, while all the other ledgers just keep on going. So like a blockchain OS, you can run multiple "processes" but just one consensus chain. My breakthrough idea is to overlap the time variable consensus generation with the actual blockchain data, since the consensus is only about which nodes are to become generators (no tx data at all), there is little room for disagreement, forks, etc. and this chain builds very fast. <2 seconds in my localhost test network of 128 threads. I have a logN network topology, so add 6 hops at worst case 500 milliseconds each hop still gets us to 5 second blocktimes for the consensus chain.

now we have a consensus chain growing once per 5 seconds and that means the data chains can be any time above this and it will be like a CLOCK

Since the codebase is so small and I fully understand it, I can start to solve the more difficult issues, like a backed and pegged fiat crypto, realtime ledger consensus, hmm actually I think those are the only two unsolved things left

so combined with the other improvements, BTCD is quite a sleeper now

btcddev [2:44 PM]
:smile:
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 04:13:35 PM

I have started to divulge some details about my crypto777 library in slack, Azeh used to cross post slack here. I am too busy coding to have much time to do anything else (literally), so I count on the community to keep up to date.

James

When in doubt, or want to see what else is going on, anyone can always check out the completely public slack logs which are automatically updated every 4 hours or so:

https://forum.thesupernet.org/index.php?board=46.0

Cheers!

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
Azeh (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 04:33:24 PM

James

We recently got slackline linked back up so I'll be able to post slack logs again.  

Been a bit busy lately as well, but I'll resume regular Slack Log updates every 2-3 days.

jl777 [2:34 PM]
cross posted:

InstantDEX GUI is almost ready for beta, I got virtual orderbooks working (and it is being displayed) for any assetA/assetB (or assetB/assetA if you like it that way)
each one will have the magic API sequence needed to do the trade and I expect over time I will keep adding more and more methods for trade completing

jl777 [1:48 PM]
crypto777 library is my new sourcebase that I started writing a couple weeks ago, I am combining ideas from TF, new tech from CfB, and just doing what makes sense to me. turns out I am doing things that are similar to previously described http://ftp://intranet.dei.polimi.it/users/Carlo.Piccardi/VarieCda/ArticoliStudenti/i15.pdf, https://www.cs.unm.edu/~saia/papers/RandomBeacon.pdf and others, but it is a method that I will use to solve network security, quantum computer attacks and pangea realtime betting. It is currently able to do pretty fast blocktimes on my 128 thread localhost network, but I still need to add command processing so it can add new nodes, catch up if it falls behind, etc. The consensus mechanism is totally abstracted out from the block contents, so a plugin can be created for any new tx type.

I believe I improved on BCnext TF, at least I have a method to practically do thousands of tx per block, with a very fast blocktime, but this is still "theoretical" I havent coded it yet, but it is "only" a distributed network application level complexity once the decentralized consensus is taken care of. The big problem is what to do with all that data! this I dont have a solution for yet, but I do have ideas and once the older projects go into maintenance mode, I will have time to experiment

the crypto777 "coin" (I think I will name it CLOCK as the blocks come out like clockwork) is a framework to add a decentralized consensus onto anything, eg. pangea chips, but I am also investigating BTCD sidechains as it makes no sense to release yet another coin when you can enhance an existing one. CLOCK supports the concept of a ledger, which is simply a balance tied to an account and there are transactions that modify the ledger. I use 48 byte signature and 32 bytes for simple tx, but all the tx handling I would prefer to be totally abstracted away from CLOCK itself.

I have worked hard to make the code as simple and easy to understand as possible. With the line count being so low, it becomes feasible to get a full code review for any and all flaws. The temptation to contaminate the consensus mechanism with blockdata is quite high though... But if I can totally abstract out the blockdata semantics, then it will be a framework for any sort of data consensus, in realtime, that a subset of nodes can maintain. So a node would subscribe to a tx stream type X, Y and Z and only have to deal with them and if a tx type B is having a problem, it would just mess up ledger B, while all the other ledgers just keep on going. So like a blockchain OS, you can run multiple "processes" but just one consensus chain. My breakthrough idea is to overlap the time variable consensus generation with the actual blockchain data, since the consensus is only about which nodes are to become generators (no tx data at all), there is little room for disagreement, forks, etc. and this chain builds very fast. <2 seconds in my localhost test network of 128 threads. I have a logN network topology, so add 6 hops at worst case 500 milliseconds each hop still gets us to 5 second blocktimes for the consensus chain.

now we have a consensus chain growing once per 5 seconds and that means the data chains can be any time above this and it will be like a CLOCK

Since the codebase is so small and I fully understand it, I can start to solve the more difficult issues, like a backed and pegged fiat crypto, realtime ledger consensus, hmm actually I think those are the only two unsolved things left

btcddev [2:44 PM]

Thx for that Whetherman!
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 04:45:52 PM

The latest shift for the Xpool Multipool paid out over 5+ DRK, 67+ BTCD, 69+ FIBRE, 5235+ BITS & 0.141+ BTC.

Cheers!

www.xpool.ca

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
btcddice

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 08:48:43 PM

Hi everyone,

I would like to announce bitcoindark's newest gaming site:

bitcoindarkdice.net

Please have fun and play responsibly!
Azeh (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 04:32:42 AM

BitcoinDark Slack Logs (3/25-3/27)

jl777 (sprnt)BOT 8:36 AM InstantDEX GUI is almost ready for beta, I got virtual orderbooks working (and it is being displayed) for any assetA/assetB (or assetB/assetA if you like it that way)
each one will have the magic API sequence needed to do the trade and I expect over time I will keep adding more and more methods for trade completingjl777 [1:48 PM]
crypto777 library is my new sourcebase that I started writing a couple weeks ago, I am combining ideas from TF, new tech from CfB, and just doing what makes sense to me. turns out I am doing things that are similar to previously described http://ftp://intranet.dei.polimi.it/users/Carlo.Piccardi/VarieCda/ArticoliStudenti/i15.pdf, https://www.cs.unm.edu/~saia/papers/RandomBeacon.pdf and others, but it is a method that I will use to solve network security, quantum computer attacks and pangea realtime betting. It is currently able to do pretty fast blocktimes on my 128 thread localhost network, but I still need to add command processing so it can add new nodes, catch up if it falls behind, etc. The consensus mechanism is totally abstracted out from the block contents, so a plugin can be created for any new tx type.I believe I improved on BCnext TF, at least I have a method to practically do thousands of tx per block, with a very fast blocktime, but this is still "theoretical" I havent coded it yet, but it is "only" a distributed network application level complexity once the decentralized consensus is taken care of. The big problem is what to do with all that data! this I dont have a solution for yet, but I do have ideas and once the older projects go into maintenance mode, I will have time to experiment
the crypto777 "coin" (I think I will name it CLOCK as the blocks come out like clockwork) is a framework to add a decentralized consensus onto anything, eg. pangea chips, but I am also investigating BTCD sidechains as it makes no sense to release yet another coin when you can enhance an existing one. CLOCK supports the concept of a ledger, which is simply a balance tied to an account and there are transactions that modify the ledger. I use 48 byte signature and 32 bytes for simple tx, but all the tx handling I would prefer to be totally abstracted away from CLOCK itself.I have worked hard to make the code as simple and easy to understand as possible. With the line count being so low, it becomes feasible to get a full code review for any and all flaws. The temptation to contaminate the consensus mechanism with blockdata is quite high though... But if I can totally abstract out the blockdata semantics, then it will be a framework for any sort of data consensus, in realtime, that a subset of nodes can maintain. So a node would subscribe to a tx stream type X, Y and Z and only have to deal with them and if a tx type B is having a problem, it would just mess up ledger B, while all the other ledgers just keep on going. So like a blockchain OS, you can run multiple "processes" but just one consensus chain. My breakthrough idea is to overlap the time variable consensus generation with the actual blockchain data, since the consensus is only about which nodes are to become generators (no tx data at all), there is little room for disagreement, forks, etc. and this chain builds very fast. <2 seconds in my localhost test network of 128 threads. I have a logN network topology, so add 6 hops at worst case 500 milliseconds each hop still gets us to 5 second blocktimes for the consensus chain.now we have a consensus chain growing once per 5 seconds and that means the data chains can be any time above this and it will be like a CLOCKSince the codebase is so small and I fully understand it, I can start to solve the more difficult issues, like a backed and pegged fiat crypto, realtime ledger consensus, hmm actually I think those are the only two unsolved things left
btcddev (sprnt)BOT 8:44 AM
mr_e (sprnt)BOT 10:46 AM
"like a backed and pegged fiat crypto"...... whaa whaaaaaa WAHHHHTTTTT!?
btcddev (sprnt)BOT 10:50 AM
crypto777 will be a powerful library. I can't wait to see what applications will be built on it :simple_smile:
jl777 (sprnt)BOT 10:55 AM
the only backed cryptos we have are not really cryptos, eg. ripple
the pegged cryptos are several, but either are centralized or infested with marmots, but regardless they need to be capitalized upfront, so how can any new funds come in?
so clearly what is needed is a fully decentralized crypto that can expand as fiat deposits come in, and at the same time maintain a peg regardless of crypto market fluctuations
nippybrit (sprnt)BOT 10:58 AM
and you have an idea for how that might work?
it just sounds impossible
jl777 (sprnt)BOT 10:58 AM
yes
"sounds impossible" just sounds normal to me
nippybrit (sprnt)BOT 11:00 AM
that's the spirit :smile:
crackers (sprnt)BOT 11:03 AM
:stuck_out_tongue:
btcddev (sprnt)BOT 11:16 AM
jl777 maybe you should publicly announce this so I can pick up some cheaper coins :wink:
nippybrit (sprnt)BOT 11:16 AM
tech announcement = drop joke?
btcddev (sprnt)BOT 11:16 AM
seems to be the trend
azeh (sprnt)BOT 11:16 AM
Awesome stuff as always James :simple_smile:
I'm excited for pangea as well
The next big platform in poker :wink:
btcddev (sprnt)BOT 11:17 AM
Agreed, azeh. That will be a great use for this. It'll be very helpful for both btcd and pangea
mr_e (sprnt)BOT 11:22 AM
you mean it will be helpful if this side chain thing works out for btcd?
how else will it help btcd
btcddev (sprnt)BOT 11:23 AM
sure
It will help pangea to have quick blocktimes
It will help btcd to get users
jl777 (sprnt)BOT 11:23 AM
usage
btcddev (sprnt)BOT 11:23 AM
Running on a btcd sidechain based on crypto777, pangea 'chips' would be locked btcd funds
mr_e (sprnt)BOT 11:24 AM
could then be "locked" to fiat denominations some magical way?
jl777 (sprnt)BOT 11:24 AM
that needs the backed/pegged solution
mr_e (sprnt)BOT 11:24 AM
right
i read something a w hile back that poker players don't like crypto because they run a tight ship with mathematics
so the fluctuations of crypto really throws them off
so if we can get them playing decentralized poker with fiat denoms
BOOM
i can't even begin to imagine how you expect to make this work though
haha
jl777 (sprnt)BOT 11:26 AM
I can always ask hollowman for help
mr_e (sprnt)BOT 11:26 AM
ha
the guys probably already got it coded up just to taunt you
nippybrit (sprnt)BOT 11:31 AM
could always use coinomat backed tokens until some other solution is possible?
dollars and euros you can transfer to your credit card or bank account
5000bitcoins (sprnt)BOT 11:32 AM
mr_e yep, fluctuations is a problem. They are gambling in the first place, then there is rakes, then there is the possibility when they want to cash out to fiat BTC has dropped 5-10% too
hoping itll become more stable so that lower rakes becomes a larger advantage vs fiat equivalents
blackyblack (sprnt)BOT 12:03 PM
wow btcddev didn't know you are involved in this project
btcd fast sidechains
very cool to hear
mivond (sprnt)BOT 3:49 PM Hi everyone,I would like to announce bitcoindark's newest gaming site:bitcoindarkdice.net
Please have fun and play responsibly!
tosch (sprnt)BOT 7:42 AM
http://nxtad.net now acceps BTCD as Deposit
Nxt Ad Network
tosch (sprnt)BOT 7:50 AM
(and BTC, LTC, Dash, Doge)
nippybrit (sprnt)BOT 1:06 PM
btw, I meant to show this yesterday, but, is this normal?
most mined coins not getting accepted
lemonhead (sprnt)BOT 1:11 PM
i mined the past few days
all getting accepted
nippybrit (sprnt)BOT 1:13 PM
what should I do? try different nodes?
lemonhead (sprnt)BOT 1:15 PM
dont know sorry :confused:
nippybrit (sprnt)BOT 1:21 PM
ok, checked it out

6 days staking on ~405.8 coins

==========

0.0679001 / day
or
24.7835365 / year

= ~6%

so for a short period of 6 days I made about 6% P.A. in successful staking
so I guess the rejected one's don't matter
(this is a list of only the accepted staking)
but does the large number of rejections mean my contribution to the network is shitty?
lemonhead (sprnt)BOT 1:24 PM
i think it doesnt matter... even if you wouldnt mine anything you would contribute to the net.... but im not sure about that
i just checked my mining return the last 6 days and i also get 6%
mr_e (sprnt)BOT 1:43 PM
that happened to me  if I had 2 computers staking at the same time
knuckle (sprnt)BOT 2:02 PM
same problem fo rme
more recent ones have been accepted, a couple older ones are not
Would using a VPN pose a problem?
nippybrit (sprnt)BOT 2:27 PM
that could be it
I use the same VPN service lol
knuckle (sprnt)BOT 2:31 PM hmmm, I prefer to use it all the time, or most of the time
Pages: « 1 ... 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 [423] 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: