Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:38:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 [482] 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328438 times)
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 06:21:52 AM

For those not following NXT, I have been divorced from NXT.

A passport system for assets that allows the asset holder to decide the blockchain they want to reside in. While the PoS mechanism is fully protecting the NXT holders as designed, it allows the creation of a hardfork that ignores other parts of the ecosystem, like assets.

James, have you considered starting a 'relationship' with Qora after your divorce from NXT?

I think you would find the Qora dev team very easy to work with on something like your asset passports protocol.

The passport systems requires that any blockchain that wants to participate would be able to. It is an interop standard. I am working on a method that will allow weaker chains to utilize BTC for security. Not for all tx, but for a backstop past which all the tx in that chain would become permanent

But in all the scenarios, iguana must be fully working first, so for now I will be slogging through all the bitcoin rpc and make sure they are working.well almost all, there are a few RPC that are not relevant in iguana's context.

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitkokos2

Activity: 666
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 08:57:12 AM

Friends, is it possible to make my own paper wallet for BTCD and other altcoins?
I don't mean an online wallet generator. Just a few wallets for own usage where paper wallets are not available.

Thank you
barbierir

Activity: 515
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2016, 09:32:44 AM

Friends, is it possible to make my own paper wallet for BTCD and other altcoins?
I don't mean an online wallet generator. Just a few wallets for own usage where paper wallets are not available.

Thank you

https://walletgenerator.net/  now supports Btcd and you can create paperwallets

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AN ECOSYSTEM FOR NATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Decentralized Crowdfunding | Decentralized Exchange | Bitcoin Security | Zero-Knowledge Proofs | Blockchain Interoperability | Scalable Infrastructure
bitkokos2

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 12:06:56 PM

Thank you

Thank you for providing the above link.
My question was if it's possible to create somehow a paper wallet for every altcoin by myself
e.g. to generate the public and private address somehow without using paper generators.

There are altcoins without paper wallets so I want to store my coins on paper.
Azeh (OP)

Activity: 441

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 03:01:35 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2016, 02:34:46 PM by Azeh

Week 40: 20 BTCD have been paid to 597 unique BitcoinDark addresses for successfully staking blocks 974715-985309

Thanks for staking and supporting the BitcoinDark network.  40 weeks in and still going strong. Another nice 20 BTCD paid to stakers.  James continues to make progress on the BTCD/SN ecosystem.  At some point things will come together and start to pay dividends, literally.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 07:00:30 PM

I would not create the BTCD wallet online. Download the open source code of walletgenerator.net on https://github.com/MichaelMure/WalletGenerator.net and create the BTCD paper wallet on a computer without an internet connection.

Thank you

jd1959

Activity: 529
Merit: 505

I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 08:08:01 PM

Week 40: 20 BTCD have been paid to 597 unique BitcoinDark addresses for successfully staking blocks 974715-985309

Thanks for staking and supporting the BitcoinDark network.  40 weeks in and still going strong. Another nice 20 BTCD paid to stakers.  James continues to make progress on the BTCD/SN ecosystem.  At some point things will come together and start to pay dividends, literally.

Thank you this is like clock work

Cheers Jon  Grin

dICO Disguised Instant Cash Out
hellonwheels

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 01:03:07 PM

i downloaded the btcd wallet from the main ANN page 1 for windows and the SHA-1 Hash is different, i got
A5C13C0234302DBEA78065EA166E69725A6F997A

this is different than what is listed on page 1.

i used http://onlinemd5.com/ to get the SHA-1 hash. 

where do i download the btcd wallet from?
Azeh (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 04:53:53 PM

i downloaded the btcd wallet from the main ANN page 1 for windows and the SHA-1 Hash is different, i got

Which wallet did you download, osx or windows?
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2016, 08:57:05 PM

Thank you

My question was if it's possible to create somehow a paper wallet for every altcoin by myself
e.g. to generate the public and private address somehow without using paper generators.

iguana has API that supports rosetta addresses. Internally all the bitcoin and curve25519 coins use 256 bit privkeys.

This is mapped to pubkeys. And usually with an SHA256 front end you can create the high entropy 256 bits to use for the privkey.

Each coin just has a different address type that is combined with the rmd160(sha256(pubkey)) to create the address. There are dozens of hash and hmac API to help with creating high entropy privkeys and also all the required converters from one format to another.

Not sure what functions you need, but whatever it is there is already and iguana API for it, or it wont take long at all to make one.

docs.supernet.org

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
hellonwheels

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 02:02:54 AM

Thanks for responding. i downloaded the windows version.
polycryptoblog

Activity: 383
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 03:35:13 PM

Is the super net wallet disabled?   I just tried pulling some coins off through multi gateway and it gets stuck.  also nxt asset exchange in the advanced section is says api is disabled when trying to buy/sell

this is super net  lite 1.0.7
bitkokos2

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 05:11:33 PM

Thank you

iguana has API that supports rosetta addresses. Internally all the bitcoin and curve25519 coins use 256 bit privkeys.

This is mapped to pubkeys. And usually with an SHA256 front end you can create the high entropy 256 bits to use for the privkey.

Each coin just has a different address type that is combined with the rmd160(sha256(pubkey)) to create the address. There are dozens of hash and hmac API to help with creating high entropy privkeys and also all the required converters from one format to another.

Not sure what functions you need, but whatever it is there is already and iguana API for it, or it wont take long at all to make one.

docs.supernet.org

If I use the windows QT wallet, lets say a fresh installation without any coins in it.
I transfer e.g. 20 BTCD into an address. Can the wallet give me the privkey so that I write that sending address and privkey to a paper and then delete the QT wallet (including wallet.dat) and in one year later I use the privkey to send the coins from paper to a new QT wallet?
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 05:50:41 PM

Thank you

https://walletgenerator.net/  now supports Btcd and you can create paperwallets

docs.supernet.org

If I use the windows QT wallet, lets say a fresh installation without any coins in it.
I transfer e.g. 20 BTCD into an address. Can the wallet give me the privkey so that I write that sending address and privkey to a paper and then delete the QT wallet (including wallet.dat) and in one year later I use the privkey to send the coins from paper to a new QT wallet?

works just as in plain vanilla bitcoin:

go to <debug window>
open <console> tab
enter:
walletunlock <yourpassphrase> 777
dumpprivkey <address_you_want_key_of>

privkey is printed in console
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 06:27:39 PM

Thank you

docs.supernet.org

Essentially you are creating a paper wallet.

Make sure you use an Air Gapped PC.

Why not just use a paper wallet generator?
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 06:48:48 PM

as I understand, paper wallet generators are js scripts that run in a browser- I would not trust that...

at least, you would have to save the html with the js locally, disconnect rom the netwook while you use it, and scrub the browser thoroughly afterwards.
to me, that makes the old fashioned dumpprivkey method much easier and less insecure.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 07:01:06 PM

as I understand, paper wallet generators are js scripts that run in a browser- I would not trust that...

at least, you would have to save the html with the js locally, disconnect rom the netwook while you use it, and scrub the browser thoroughly afterwards.
to me, that makes the old fashioned dumpprivkey method much easier and less insecure.

As I said, Air Gapped PC... probably best is to use a LIVE CD type install so once you turn off the PC, everything you did is gone.

I'm not sure why you would trust a QT wallet any more than an HTML wallet generator. In each case, you want to make sure you are offline. in other words don't trust either one to not share your private keys. I would still do it on a LIVE CD air gapped PC.

The advantage to a paper wallet generator is that it will allow you to encrypt your PK. It will provide you a QR code with your keys and it will generate a PDF of said information to allow for you to easily print several copies to "backup" in various locations. This is much more error proof the manually writing a private key down.

Up to you of course.
bitkokos2

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 10:15:42 PM

Thank you

docs.supernet.org

I mostly want it for altcoins which do not have paper wallets.
4emily

Activity: 577

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 08:19:14 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2016, 09:05:05 AM by 4emily

Hi All,

Started up my qt wallet and just as the "Verifying database integrity" process ended got the following message

Runaway exception

A fatal error occurred.

EXCEPTION: st13runtime_error
init blockindex (): error opening database environment Corruption: bad record length
C:|Users...bitcoindark-qt.exe

Tried several times- same result.

OS is windows 7 64 bit

Presumably, same as for sync problems I'll need to download a new wallet but the link on the op https://mega.nz/#!ooZAmBwL!ghTTgRvGoa7zhoCMjxs-aJD56CGXSY17YI9cjcZ83Sw is for  an auto-conf.rar file

On the website http://bitcoindark.com the wallet link reads "Download Soon"

where can I download the QT wallet?

Thanks.
Azeh (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 10:08:32 AM

Thanks for responding. i downloaded the windows version.

The checksum is for the .rar file, not the individual QT file within it.  I rechecked it and it is correct
Pages: « 1 ... 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 [482] 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: