Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:11:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 [490] 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328438 times)
visual111

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 05:13:45 PM

Why don't the devs go for a minimum viable product instead of advertising loads of cool features and products that require presently unavailable resources?

I believe that's the current plan

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES
ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
barbierir

Activity: 515
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 07:19:12 PM

Btcd is now a sleeper but it's very alive and it's going to be a very important piece in a larger set of tools that requires all other piaces to be in place as well in order to get the maximum benefit.

You can hardly see the progress here on BTT, the den of trolls, because most discussions take place in Supernet Slack(channels #iguana # btcd), James also posts frequent updates in bitco.in forum where the mods created a section for Iguana. He's is coding like a mule and github gets daily updates. Also a team of people is helping with gui and testing.

James is developing this brand new Bitcoin wallet called Iguana that is coded from scratch in C. Unlike the other clients available, Iguana is extremely optimized and allows to create a full bitcoin node in a fraction of the time of other implementations. Beside being a Bitcoin wallet it also includes a Btcd wallet, Pax (pegged assets), Pangea (decentralized poker), Teleport (privacy), Instantdex (decentralized exchange), Jumblr (bitcoin mixing) and all other Supernet features.

Iguana could very well get mass adoption from Bitcoin users who wish to run a full node, also many users who currently use a spv wallet could change back to a full node since it will not be as painful as it used to be. Imagine when they see the other features and a fraction of them become Btcd/Supernet users and you get an idea of where all this is going.

Hey guys, and special thanks to you barbierir for providing a summary of where BTCD is headed.
I don't meant to troll here but what you wrote reads like this is going to be the iPhone 12 of crypto Cheesy
Sounds extremely promising, but I fail to see where this Iguana wallet is going to be beneficial for BTCD. Also, Pangeapoker's last update on its website is over a year old and InstantDEX dev updates are as fresh as November 2015. So judging from the fragmented attention that these numerous projects have been receiving lately, if you're aiming for the full feature wallet that you've described as above, it's a safe bet to predict the release date of that wallet at around the same date when the iPhone 12 comes out Smiley

Why don't the devs go for a minimum viable product instead of advertising loads of cool features and products that require presently unavailable resources?

AFAIK all single parts like Pangea, Teleport, Instantdex, etc.. are already coded for 90% or more and mostly need integration with the main wallet and gui. You must also consider that there were an unfortunate series of events that delayed the project, just the last api surprise from Nxt required months of rewriting code! Angry  My impression from following slack is that most problems have been resolved and development has progressed very smoothly since november.

You're not the first I see asking why not just release a Btcd wallet with Teleport? Well the first release of Iguana is expected to be a mvp (=minumum viable product). More cool stuff will be added later. James also said that serious privacy tech requires mass adoption and he doesn't like pumping a product that's not ready for that yet. He wants Iguana to become the most commonly used Bitcoin wallet that also appeals to Bitcoin maximalists.

About the question when Iguana will be released, I'd like to know like everyone else! From the progress I see I think it will happen by this year. It seems now the hardest roadblocks in basic Bitcoin code have been overcome. Once the Bitcoin wallet works it should be relatively easy to integrate the other parts. Not long ago James said it will be a close run between him and the other guys who are doing the gui.

Also he needs feedback from testers, it's not for idiots yet but the more people can compile and try Iguana on different systems the better.

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AN ECOSYSTEM FOR NATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Decentralized Crowdfunding | Decentralized Exchange | Bitcoin Security | Zero-Knowledge Proofs | Blockchain Interoperability | Scalable Infrastructure
coinspeed

Activity: 225
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 09:16:33 PM

I believe what is really needed here is clear communication. An easy to follow, simple roadmap format would be perfect, with one central channel of communication in the shape of a dev blog and all secondary channels pointing to that. MaidSafe and Lisk are doing a great job with this, while Augur is the perfect bad example. I abandoned NXT and Supernet months ago for the main reason that there was so much noise and so many parallel developments that it was impossible to track what was going on exactly.
Meanwhile in cryptoland, insane pumps have been happening with mad volumes and attention magnet projects like Maid, Lisk, Ethereum, Zcash, etc are just a few weeks/months away from launch...
Would be great to see Iguana and Supernet in that league.

teletobi

Activity: 734

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 10:06:12 PM

Thanks for the Updates, good to know there´s something going on.

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 06:00:00 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2016, 08:23:16 AM by l8orre

I believe what is really needed here is clear communication. An easy to follow, simple roadmap format would be perfect, with one central channel of communication in the shape of a dev blog and all secondary channels pointing to that. MaidSafe and Lisk are doing a great job with this, while Augur is the perfect bad example. I abandoned NXT and Supernet months ago for the main reason that there was so much noise and so many parallel developments that it was impossible to track what was going on exactly.
Meanwhile in cryptoland, insane pumps have been happening with mad volumes and attention magnet projects like Maid, Lisk, Ethereum, Zcash, etc are just a few weeks/months away from launch...
Would be great to see Iguana and Supernet in that league.

<edit> - between Barbierir and me we seem to be getting a nice little info pointer list together! Makes it easier to maintain and enable people to check rather than ask over and over again in this thread!

http://coremedia.info/index.php

valid concerns. BTCD has gone through several remakes. It is currently embedded in pure c in Iguana together with the first ever pure c implementation of the Bitcoin protocol.

As a modular plugin system along with a bunch of kickass plugins.

Feel free to join the SuperNET slack or check over on the not quite so toxic Bitcoin forum to get more details.

https://bitco.in/forum/forums/iguana.23/

http://slackinvite.supernet.org/

For those who wanted to understand more how BTCD fits into the big picture:

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html

it is 100+ page report

barbierir

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 06:23:15 AM

People interested should join Supernet slack, it's easy, funny, troll free and you get all the latest updates. The mobile app works well too. Nothing toxic like BTT.

Also Coremedia publishes regular articles about Supernet:
http://coremedia.info/index.php/supernet/item/187-project-iguana-to-birth-a-supernet-chrome-app-increase-accessibility-of-its-technology
http://coremedia.info/index.php/supernet/item/229-supernet-weekly-no1
http://coremedia.info/index.php/supernet/item/231-supernet-weekly-no2
http://coremedia.info/index.php/supernet/item/235-supernet-weekly-no3
http://coremedia.info/index.php/supernet/item/237-supernet-weekly-no4
http://coremedia.info/index.php/supernet/item/241-supernet-weekly-no5
http://coremedia.info/index.php/supernet/item/192-pax-pegged-asset-exchange-from-supernet-aims-to-bring-decentralized-forex-trading
http://coremedia.info/index.php/supernet/item/200-pax-pegged-asset-exchange-project-from-supernet-interview

Blockchain Generator | Decentralized Crowdfunding | Decentralized Exchange | Bitcoin Security | Zero-Knowledge Proofs | Blockchain Interoperability | Scalable Infrastructure
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2016, 01:56:01 AM

There is a chrome app that is a BTCD node in testing now, doing parallel sync in a few hours. Since chrome apps are limited to 10GB, BTC wont be able to be a full relaying node, while BTCD can be. not sure why there are people that are saying that iguana wont help BTCD. seems they are not really understanding the consequences of having a node encapsulated in a webpage. If the mass market cannot install a node, then the mass market wont be able to adopt it. The mass market is able to run chrome apps. There are also native versions of iguana that run on unix, osx and I think even windows is getting close by the build team.

I still need to add the RPC layer on top of the parallel sync dataset, but at that point we can validate against the bitcoin RPC unit tests and brute force compares against the existing full daemons.

one click install wallet, which also serves as the platform for all the SuperNET services.

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
dollux

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 02:44:01 AM

There is a chrome app that is a BTCD node in testing now, doing parallel sync in a few hours. Since chrome apps are limited to 10GB, BTC wont be able to be a full relaying node, while BTCD can be. not sure why there are people that are saying that iguana wont help BTCD. seems they are not really understanding the consequences of having a node encapsulated in a webpage. If the mass market cannot install a node, then the mass market wont be able to adopt it. The mass market is able to run chrome apps. There are also native versions of iguana that run on unix, osx and I think even windows is getting close by the build team.

I still need to add the RPC layer on top of the parallel sync dataset, but at that point we can validate against the bitcoin RPC unit tests and brute force compares against the existing full daemons.

one click install wallet, which also serves as the platform for all the SuperNET services.

James

If it's easy enough for Joe and Jill mass market, then adoption will follow because they can, every click is a barrier but one click is perfect  Shocked and that really does sound like a SuperNET Cheesy

Good work Jim, now you can get back to your lines  Grin How many lines must a man get down before he can call it a day, 16 hours they say, good work Jim.   
bitkokos2

Activity: 666

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 08:38:10 AM

Hi

I have installed the QT wallet on another computer and loaded the bootstrap.
I opened the wallet, it's synced up to 98.60% and blocks aren't synced more than that for 10 hours.
The wallet has 16 connections.
Is it indexing or something? Should I wait?
it's the 3rd time I tried.
I have also tried to reload the blockchain from the beginning. After 2 days it synced to 55% and then we had a small black-out and then the wallet couldn't load blkindex.dat so I had to resync from scratch.

barbierir

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2016, 11:23:55 AM

sorry I can't help, I use ubuntu and I barely succeeded to install the webwallet instead of qt but I never found such problem

BTC-BTC-BTC
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

www.neutroncoin.com

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 12:07:37 PM

Hi

I opened the wallet, it's synced up to 98.60% and blocks aren't synced more than that for 10 hours.
I have also tried to reload the blockchain from the beginning. After 2 days it synced to 55% and then we had a small black-out and then the wallet couldn't load blkindex.dat so I had to resync from scratch.

If you have full blockchain. Close the wallet let it close completely just copy the folder and move to the new computer. You should be all set.

And there is blockchain you can download from http://cryptochainer.com/dir/ blockchain is updated thru 4/3/16.
bitkokos2

Activity: 666

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 02:00:21 PM

Hi

If you have full blockchain. Close the wallet let it close completely just copy the folder and move to the new computer. You should be all set.

And there is blockchain you can download from http://cryptochainer.com/dir/ blockchain is updated thru 4/3/16.

Thanks. I have already tried both. An up to date from old PC and also that one from cryptochainer. In both cases it shows the last loaded block and as time passes it shows more remaining blocks.
Now it shows this one (More remaining blocks, Less % )

Azeh (OP)

Activity: 441

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 10:13:51 AM
Last edit: April 21, 2016, 11:46:13 AM by Azeh

Week 46: 14 BTCD have been paid to 520 unique BitcoinDark addresses for successfully staking blocks 1038891-1049661

barbierir

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2016, 09:24:12 AM

SuperNET Weekly No. 6

CORE Media Token issued on the NXT blockchain
https://www.mynxt.info/asset/1584198250936051677

barbierir

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2016, 09:31:04 AM

Latest interesting James quotes from Slack:

CT (confidential transactions) tech is a big advance and will be good to take advantage of. Also to make the best privacy, the exact profile of what you are trying to protect is needed, in addition to as much traffic as possible. In a sense getting massive Iguana use, InstantDex, Pangea, etc. are all part of privacy. Much easier to be private in downtown Manhattan than in Australian outback.

Pushed a self-healing version of iguana. It is possible to get some bad data into the bundles and it will complain of errors and exit. I made it so that it deletes the affected files, so if that happens, just restart and it should resync the missing data and then redo the balance calcs

Iguana chrome got BTCD into realtime mode and might even track new blocks as they come in. I did have to refresh the page a few times to get it to remove the bad data, but considering i synced it sporadically across half a dozen different wifi spots and rudely shut it down many times, it is not so bad to have just one bad bundle. Important thing is it fixed itself

I just pushed a version that does self healing and it did complete a sync on chrome, but now I am out of space. It is taking about 2hrs to sync in native mode and i had 23 block errors in one run, which was automatically detected and regenerated

barbierir

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 09:04:07 PM

mirrax: I have simple analogy....SuperNet is system of rivers, with empty riverbeds so far....Iguana is the necessary part for rain to start....holding SN asset is equal to right to suck some water at the river end forever (edited)

jl777: good analogy

Iguana:

jl777: all the data is properly being sync'ed at 10x faster than normal, but able to regenerate the full blockchain. What that means is that the next step is to do transactions using this data and I have BTCD doing parallel sync from a chrome app which makes it the only coin that I know of that can do that. So what is left for working wallet is the tx handling, and once that is there, all the services are able to use the iguanacore. I do need to still enable and debug the full relay mode, and the lite mode for BTC. Still more work to do, but the most difficult to get correct part appears to be working. Getting the crypto algos working is actually simpler than parallel sync.
I think it is time to start preparing the marketing materials

tjmaruy

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 09:08:37 PM

it's about time Shocked
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 01:30:57 PM

Looking to buy bulk BTCD up to 20BTC worth. PM me with a fair market offer.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

kjadB

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 11:44:01 PM

Looking to buy bulk BTCD up to 20BTC worth. PM me with a fair market offer.

I am looking to buy bulk BTCD as well.  I will pay slightly more than what pondsea is offering.

I don't trust putting bulk btc on bittrex or poloniex.

I would rather do an otc trade with a reputable escrow.

You guys need to start an OTC thread with published bids and asks. Escrow provider can always charge a fee. I like to avoid bittrex no also
yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 10:51:40 AM

You could use my escrow Smiley

Don't trust this "BadAss" guy.  His VPS service is very shady and he supports Dash's instamine.

For escrow services, there are much more reputable people available.

Pff, i don't even have had one single dash coin. Tell me why my VPS service is shady while this is about escrow? I have had hundreds of btc's in escrow and never fucked anyone up. JL777 and BTCDdev are very pleased with my VPS and dedicated server service, so stop acting like a little kid.

And my escrow is also free, people.
i can confimed your service is very Nice, dont worry it is a troll!!  Cool Kiss
Pages: « 1 ... 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 [490] 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: