Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:41:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 [494] 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328438 times)
lazi

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 03:13:59 PM

Is this a DASH/Monero/Vcash Competitor?

Dont forget CLOAK Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TimC
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1022

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 03:25:05 PM

Just a reminder that there is still a BTCD multipool, www.zpool.ca. We’ve paid out 550+ BTCD in the past few months.

Cheers

This multipool always has the most profitable/current coins and works very well. It has auto-traded other coins for 63.34478387 BTCD for me so far.
penoze
Legendary

Activity: 1235
Merit: 1003

https://minepi.com/cryptomeneer

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 04:15:38 PM

Is this a DASH/Monero/Vcash Competitor?

Dont forget CLOAK Tongue

Though that coin died a long time ago  Roll Eyes

yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 05:42:55 PM

SuperNET Weekly No. 11

CORE Media Token issued on the NXT blockchain
https://www.mynxt.info/asset/1584198250936051677
bitkokos2

Activity: 666

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 10:43:52 AM

2 years ago it was said there was going to be an anon card, what are the news about that card?
Azeh (OP)

Activity: 441

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 04:25:35 PM

Week 51: 15.3 BTCD have been paid to 661 unique BitcoinDark addresses for successfully staking blocks 1092750-1103521

Week 52: 16.5 BTCD have been paid to 659 unique BitcoinDark addresses for successfully staking blocks 1103522-1114292

Thank you for staking and supporting the BitcoinDark network.  A very special thanks to MMBTCD which has donated 10% of profits to Stakers for 1 year now!  In total 1060.95 BitcoinDark have been paid to stakers during the year!!!
barbierir

Activity: 515
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2016, 06:54:11 AM

Latest from James in supernet slack #btcd

jl777

LTC and SYS now have corresponding genltc, ltc and gensys, sys files in  SuperNET/iguana/coins dir. the convention is ./genCOIN is for running as a full node for that coin and ./COIN runs as a lite node. The default config will be BTCD as full node and all the others as lite nodes. this will allow COIN <-> COIN trading, using combined atomics and liquidity providers. Still not happy with the networking side. the tradeoff is speed vs privacy, but I want something that is both fast and private. Maybe there is a way. Sync times: LTC 20 minutes and SYS2 5 minutes, but those are not fully optimized times. however I think it is fast enough so I will leave it as is.

Basilisk tech works so well, I will port InstantDEX to use that instead of battle against bugs and performance issues in the current methods. Given the choice of spending a lot of time debugging or porting to an improved engine, I like the latter approach better. At first the trading will be limited to simple pairs so we can find any issues with that. once it is validated, then we can activate combined trade sequences.

Now if there is any doubt as to the value of Iguanacore, keep in mind that I lost a day trying to get Bitcoind to duplicate the Iguanacore functionality. And failed. The only way I could make Bitcoind do the things iguana does was to push the raw data from Bitcoind through Iguanacore... Iguanacore 1.6MB in codesize and syncs any chain in 1hour or less vs Bitcoind that cant give you address balances for any non-wallet address. Iguanacore can calculate balance for any address as of any height and I need that ability

I guess I could add insight blockexplorer or something like that, but I decided that trying to get Bitcoind to be fast and nimble, well, easier to just directly add coin support to Iguanacore. So I added LTC and SYS today. this found a few bugs and unimplemented things, like alert message and auxpow, but I think as more and more coins are supported, such missing things will become rarer and rarer.

The atomic swap statemachine sort of works, but everything has to be all in a happy state, so I am not feeling that it is robust enough and I went a bit crazy with basilisk and it supports arbitrary number of simultaneous remote transaction requests using a generalized metrics based system that verifies consensus (or >50% or whatever desired threshold) for each request and the requests can be nested, ie a remote request can spawn other remote requests, recursively.

Now if you think about the power of this, you will see that it compares favorably with centralized (via blockchain) scripting systems. At least if you want to be able to run something on your computer that maintains decentralization and have many coins at the same time. And all signing is done on your computer so it is as secure as near as I can tell with having a full node. What this means is that you will be able to do basic coin operations and statemachine driven tradebots securely for many coins on any caliber of computer. Maybe there will be some upper limit if you try to do 100+ coins at the same time, but I havent minimized resources used for the lite node operation so that is a temporary limit.

Iguanacore is the platform that provides the highest performance decentralized solutions, in the smallest footprint. But it is not easy to understand and people dont invest a lot in something they dont understand, so it is easier to invest in "clone of something that got a big marketcap" or simply put money into any major new project as more than a quarter of them will do more than 4x, so it seems relatively good ROI

And my goal is not to make some pump type of thing, but rather to solve the scalability and mass market adoption issues. With basilisk it will be possible to even make a hosted website that allows people to see people with a litenode are seeing, just wont be able to do any money things. Well you could, but not securely so please dont. just install the liteclient, no need for big blockchains.

One way to get the best of both worlds is to have a VPS that is running full iguana nodes and run a basilisk lite client locally. You can set your VPS to be your only peer and since you will be trusting your VPS, it is a reasonable setup and short of your VPS being breached, your privacy is pretty good but there is no need to have your own VPS as you can rely on the iguana nodes. The basilisk nodes will be the liteclients, but to confuse you it will be possible for your computer to be a full node (iguana) for some coins and lite node (basilisk) for other coins.

For those wondering what is special about BTCD if Iguanacore is working with all the other coins, the answer is that I will only add BTCD staking to Iguanacore and also whenever there needs to be a blockchain, ie posting of availability as LP, such notices will use BTCD. And I am working out a way to make BTCD transactions nearly as secure as BTC (if you wait for enough confirmations). PAX will be using BTCD and BTCD will be the preferred coin for fast clearing chips for pangea.

I know it has been a long wait, but Iguanacore is now doing things that nothing else does and my guess is that nothing else will be able to do it for a long time. With parallel sync solving most of the scalability issues and basilisk solving the market adoption issue, all that is left is to have mass market solutions. a DEX isnt exactly mass market outside of crypto, but it is the automated currency conversion engine that is needed to make all the crypto an equivalent store of value, ie if you can at anytime convert any crypto to any other crypto at low spreads and atomically, this enables many new solutions. combine fiat based pegs to this and all the infrastructure is there for making any sort of dapp.

However there is no need to wait for some magical dapp dev to adopt the platform and create something useful, as I am already solving the DEX and poker, with the PAX doing fiat pegs. I am also preparing for adding privacy to all this, but that will happen toward the end as the exact transaction and dataflow clarifies. I could do privatechains without too much work, but I dont really see the value for that as even with a private chain, there still needs to be a solution that uses it. I think a privacy enhanced anything to anything DEX is a more useful thing, but maybe there will be something that having a privatechain will solve

I came up with a way for people to test the DEX without needing any counterparty that is also testing, but it will require running a native iguana at first, so if you want to help the best thing is to get up to speed on installing native iguana. It depends on a single external module: pthread, so should be relatively easy to build on unix based systems

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AN ECOSYSTEM FOR NATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Decentralized Crowdfunding | Decentralized Exchange | Bitcoin Security | Zero-Knowledge Proofs | Blockchain Interoperability | Scalable Infrastructure
yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 08:06:15 AM

SuperNET Weekly No. 12

CORE Media Token issued on the NXT blockchain
https://www.mynxt.info/asset/1584198250936051677
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2016, 06:27:47 PM

i got the iguana full nodes to provide tx construction services for the basilisk lite nodes. the latter dont need any blockchain and rely on iguana consensus for balance and txconstruction services and the protocol is fully abstracted so any coin that supports a basilisk plugin will work. Currently there are only three low level functions that are needed for bitcoin protocol, "balances", "rawtx" and "value" the last is to verify that the constructed spend is spending the correct value and avoids needing to do "heavy" SPV merkle tree validations as if the constructed rawtx has the wrong input values, basilik rejects it, if the output is wrong, basilisk rejects it, if it has a double spend, the network will reject it and the iguana node wont get its fee. I also threw in an auction mechanism, so the lowest fee rawtx that matches consensus is chosen. For inputs with coinage, all iguana nodes will construct the identcal rawtx as a deteministic method is used for unspent selection. I will add an avoid list so a basilisk node can do multiple rawtx requests per block and still have all nodes generate identical rawtx

This is just one method of earning money by running an iguana node. The more coins you run, the more fees you can earn. For coins that are just bitcoin forks without any protocol changes, the following curl request is all that is needed for iguana to do a parallel sync for it:

genltc:
curl --url "http://127.0.0.1:7778" --data "{\"RELAY\":1,\"VALIDATE\":1,\"prefetchlag\":-1,\"poll\":10,\"active\":1,\"agent\":\"iguana\",\"method\":\"addcoin\",\"startpend\":8,\"endpend\":8,\"services\":129,\"maxpeers\":256,\"newcoin\":\"LTC\",\"name\":\"Litecoin\",\"hasheaders\":1,\"useaddmultisig\":0,\"netmagic\":\"fbc0b6db\",\"p2p\":9333,\"rpc\":9334,\"pubval\":48,\"p2shval\":5,\"wifval\":176,\"txfee_satoshis\":\"100000\",\"txhastimestamp\":0,\"minoutput\":10000,\"minconfirms\":2,\"genesishash\":\"12a765e31ffd4059bada1e25190f6e98c99d9714d334efa41a195a7e7e04bfe2\",\"genesis\":{\"version\":1,\"timestamp\":1317972665,\"nBits\":\"1e0ffff0\",\"nonce\":2084524493,\"merkle_root\":\"97ddfbbae6be97fd6cdf3e7ca13232a3afff2353e29badfab7f73011edd4ced9\"},\"alertpubkey\":\"040184710fa689ad5023690c80f3a49c8f13f8d45b8c857fbcbc8bc4a8e4d3eb4b10f4d4604fa08 dce601aaf0f470216fe1b51850b4acf21b179c45070ac7b03a9\",\"protover\":70002}"

Granted, it is quite a lot of coin specific info, but given just the above, iguana can do a full parallel sync. If you have a coin you want to support, most of the above details can be found from blockexplorer of genesis block, or maybe just post in that coin's thread. I will accept pull requests for genCOIN scripts.

The corresponding basilisk script just changes a few values:
ltc:
\"RELAY\":0,\"VALIDATE\":0,\"prefetchlag\":11,\"poll\":100
\"startpend\":1,\"endpend\":1,\"services\":128,\"maxpeers\":16

It took 20 minutes to fully sync LTC and 5 minutes for SYS. Runtime resource usage isnt fully optimized yet for basilisk, but first step is to get the iguana full nodes in place. Once they are in place, then LP services will provide significantly more revenue potential, but always it is providing decentralized services and market driven fee levels.

BTCD blockchain will be where service provider availability and status will be posted and also for when a fast blocktime is needed.

Now you might be worried that iguana having to support all the coins at the same time will mean it is a large program, but its code size is less than 2MB. And that code handles all the coins, InstantDEX and even has the alpha versions of pangea and PAX built in, so if anything the size will probably get a bit smaller.

It has a single external dependency: pthread
So no boost, no networking lib, nothing external to hassle with. I did incorporate directly the libsecp256k1-zkp and portions of gmp.

I still have the "last mile" to code up and debug, but now is the time to get the iguana nodes in place. The more nodes, the more coins can be supported, the more basilisk wallet will be used, the more people will trade, the more fees to be earned.

SuperNET will be running a few service providing nodes, along with MGW so end users will always have service available and fees can be directly earned.

iguana fees will flow through the corresponding asset, ie InstantDEX for DEX fees, pangea for pangea fees, etc. but there will be some things without any corresponding asset like wallet txfees and those will flow through crypto777. There will be a 10% royalty for all the fees that go to crypto777, which I believe is small enough to not impede adoption, but big enough to be meaningful when things go mainstream.

Of course, BTCD transaction levels will go up, so staking BTCD will earn more fees from all this.

MGW and SuperNET nodes wont get any special preference and they will compete on open market regarding fees with whoever else is running a service provider node. This assures best prices and smallest spreads for users and the market will automatically adjust prices.

What revenue levels are possible? It all depends on factors that are hard to estimate ahead of time, but considering that iguana is quite a bit ahead of anything else and BTCD is starting to deploy real world dapps, it is a good place to be.

I know all the dapp platforms are getting all the attention, but who exactly will create the mass market useful dapps? Some weekend casual programmer or me? There is nothing the dapp platforms provide that isnt already available with bitcoin + iguana, so in a sense BTCD is a dapp platform and has a dedicated dev creating mass market potential dapps. Ultimately as crypto transitions out of the "dot-com" type of bubble, the surviving projects will be the ones that get mass market usage and thus the mass market revenues.

For those that think 10% is too low a fee for crypto777, I guess my thinking is that economies with 10% tax rates tend to grow a lot more than those with 50% tax rates and even though it is 1/5th the nominal rate, it can often generate a lot more actual gross revenues than the high tax rates.

InstantDEX necessarily has a 1/777 fee 0.14% to prevent attack vectors, without that fee it can be attacked and it works out to be right in the range of typical exchange commission rates. I will have more info on InstantDEX details in the coming weeks (yes weeks, not months) just dont know exact timing as I prioritize fixing bugs in iguanacore and that means I dont know how much time I have available for the other parts. So far there havent been that many bugs.

For those that think that it has taken too long to get here, I ask, how many other bitcoin core implementations are out there that can run many coins at once. And how long those took to create and how large they are and if it can run in a purely lite mode or a revenue generating full node basis. If so, I could have saved a lot of time and cut and pasted it.

For those worried others will just cut and paste it, the code is GPL so whatever improvements they make will come back into iguana and if they make no improvements, then it seems they will have troubles getting adoption. Not to mention they would need to keep up with me improving my codebase.

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
jahl

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 07:29:50 PM

the future is bright Cheesy
acdc

Activity: 939
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 01:37:51 AM

i got the iguana full nodes to provide tx construction services for the basilisk lite nodes. the latter dont need any blockchain and rely on iguana consensus for balance and txconstruction services and the protocol is fully abstracted so any coin that supports a basilisk plugin will work.

What are the function of the 'basilisk lite nodes'?

sounds like we're nearly at the launch pad for 'da moon', where are all the astronauts?

thanks for all your work so far j777, my BTCD bags are full now

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2016, 03:20:33 AM

i got the iguana full nodes to provide tx construction services for the basilisk lite nodes. the latter dont need any blockchain and rely on iguana consensus for balance and txconstruction services and the protocol is fully abstracted so any coin that supports a basilisk plugin will work.

What are the function of the 'basilisk lite nodes'?

sounds like we're nearly at the launch pad for 'da moon', where are all the astronauts?

thanks for all your work so far j777, my BTCD bags are full now
I am making the basilisk functions extensible, but at first it is getting address balances and constructing raw transactions

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
BigCat45

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

Bigboss

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 03:18:42 PM

I'm loaded too now. Let's see where it will go from now. These latest price declines were hard to watch for a bag holders of cause, but a good chance to buy in cheap.
3rdStryker

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 12:59:38 PM

CORE Magazine JUNE Edition

- Bitcoin News bought to you from Bitscan
- NXT 2.0 Annoucement
- WAVES News
- COFINT Update
- ICOcountdown.com Interview
- Tau Chain Report by ICOcountdown.com
- SuperNET Update
- Transpotimers Comic
bitkokos2

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 09:19:10 AM

People in Poloniex are complaining about BTCD withdrawals for the last 3 days.
Be careful there.
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 11:01:48 AM

Be careful there.

oops- can you maybe give some more info?
I have traded BTCD on POLO in the past (bought them, that is) - I don't have any there at the moment, but would be good to know more!
bitkokos2

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 12:21:01 PM

Be careful there.

oops- can you maybe give some more info?
I have traded BTCD on POLO in the past (bought them, that is) - I don't have any there at the moment, but would be good to know more!

cryptrader website shows chats for specific coins.
This is what it collected about BTCD from poloniex chatbox

http://image.prntscr.com/image/63ec08ab068f4ab1b78ab49e11293a7a.png
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 02:28:01 PM

Thanks!  Smiley
bitkokos2

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 02:45:15 PM

Thanks!  Smiley

You are welcome Smiley
cmg777

Activity: 478
Merit: 66

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2016, 03:53:45 PM

Be careful there.

Thanks for the info BitKokos2. However, I think BTCD withdraws are working as I just made a transaction for withdrawal and received a confirmation. I will check my wallet when I get home from work. Also, Polo will usually tell their users in the bulletins that a certain wallet is down for maintenance or just that the wallet is down in general, kind of like Cryptopia.

Complete BTCD 0.10972500

2016-06-03 15:40:42
Address: RY5FWH4N3eSZACd2VuBoj9dqfPuZL*****
Txid: cf6d430c18bdf99f2ebe75d589f1cae41978743fff613218178d3b794037ecc2

Pages: « 1 ... 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 [494] 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: