Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:20:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328438 times)
darylluke

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 12:10:57 AM

Some very big names in this sphere are now reading the Dark Paper PDF.

PR campaign may need to move their start date up. Not sure. We will see. (They are all silent right now...)

~darylluke.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xtent

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 12:17:37 AM

PR campaign may need to move their start date up. Not sure. We will see. (They are all silent right now...)

~darylluke.

How would you know who is reading the paper?
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 12:20:06 AM

*DARK PAPER (PDF) guidelines/explanation of Bitcoindark just issued by develop James:

http://209.126.70.170/DarkPaper.pdf

~darylluke.
Arrrr matie!  Hop along Willie they call's me and wantin to become a teleport node I am.  No love for those scurvvy dog's at the East India Trading company have I!  I'll spit in thar eye with me dying breath I will!

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
Aptidude

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 12:37:33 AM

FUD

FUNK

I really think this coin can pass DRK.

There will be a few dumps during the travel and some panic selling, but this coin can get there 100%

We have way less coins in circulation!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe-yhsV-UbA
MuFaza

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 01:20:13 AM

~darylluke.

PR campaign without fully finalized features will only lead to p&d which is not desirable. Of course you could spread the word to increase awareness, but too much hype without the product will only lead to unhealthy increase in price. (we all know how it can generate negative atmosphere in the forums when correlation happens.)

Long Term projects needs some patience Smiley
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 01:39:15 AM

Bought a few btc worth at 570k..not worried at all

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

cloudboy

Activity: 690
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 02:15:52 AM

Bought a few btc worth at 570k..not worried at all

We'll be seeing .01 within a month. You are right not to worry  Wink
Azeh (OP)

Activity: 441
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 02:31:45 AM

Update!

I'd like to give everyone an update on the status of non-tech related progress of BTCD.  For the past, week, we've been in our little caves hard at work:)  

1) New logo and new look--we've been busy this past week re-branding BitcoinDark to reflect the tech that Jame's is working on.  We'll now have a unified Brand image to use when promotion begins.  I hope to share it with you guys in a few hours, if we can get it polished up by then.

2) New website---In conjunction with the new brand image, a new website is currently in the works.  The layout of the new site will be much simpler and I believe it will rival any other coin in terms of look and wow factor.  Think something along the lines of the bitsharesx site.

3) New Official Multi-pool---I understand many have been having issues with the current multi-pools.  IceColdTommy/xPooky has been hard at work on a new multi-pool, and by all testing accounts, it will be much more profitable and reliable.  A percentage of fee's generated from the multi-pool will also help to fund Core Dev.

4) PR / Promotion---I've engaged BitcoinPRbuzz to help us ramp up the marketing efforts.  They'll be starting an aggressive 30 day promotional campaign for BTCD this week, which will include 3 professional PR's to be distributed to thousands of Media outlets.  I know many have been wondering why we hadn't started professional promotion earlier, but to be honest, we just weren't ready yet.

Exciting times ahead!
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 02:34:05 AM

network weight is alltime high 220000+
at least the highest I've seen it and about 50% higher than a few days ago
It seems that a lot of the recent buyers bought to stake!

I solved a pesky issue that was bugging me and this had a bit of a cascade effect to make sure the changes went everywhere needed. Basically, to authenticate that you are the one sending the encrypted packets I tokenize the message before encrypting, but this requires an acct passphrase. Not a problem for most things as almost all the commands are from user initiated actions, such as filling a form on the GUI. But needing to keep cutting and pasting a passphrase all the time is just asking for trouble, as one mistake and it ends up where people can see it.

This also relates to keeping the telepods you are storing safe from prying eyes. I expect that people will be making copies of telepods, so it is quite important to encrypt them as we cant assume it will always be in a safe environment. So, what to encrypt it with?

Remember when I posted how to automatically link a BTCD address with a NXT address? Turns out that neat trick solves this one too! I now support a "pubaddr" field in the jl777.conf file for each coin. So in the BTCD JSON, just put the BTCD address you use for other people to send you stuff. Remember, they might send BTCD or BTC or almost anything else and they can send to your published BTCD address. Kind of unexpected, but it is like the BTCD address is your post office box and the telepods are parcels that are being delivered to it. So, no need to limit BTCD address to receive BTCD telepods.

I will use this address to automatically generate a linked NXT address and even BTC address so you will have three public address that all point to the same post office box.

Now, before you start teleporting you do need to unlock your wallet, but just make it unlocked for the time needed to complete the teleports and we automatically get a reasonable mechanism to keep your telepods and passwords safe. You still need to really be careful with your BTCD wallet password! All the other passwords are compromised if that one is compromised.

Use the backup wallet anytime you get new telepods and make sure to keep a copy on USB and also a separate computer. The actual wallet password is something you should never be able to forget, yet be hard for others to guess. Standard password security and using this method of automatically linking the other addresses to the BTCD wallet, there is no additional vulnerabilities created.

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 02:48:16 AM

and if anyone wants to join the BitcoinDark Promo Trello, or choose any of the displayed category... https://trello.com/b/BPl2YkZV/bitcoindark-promo
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 03:04:29 AM

Speaking of encrypting the telepods, we have a rather large choice of methods to use:

aes
blowfish
xtea
rc5
rc6
saferp
twofish
safer_k64
safer_sk64
safer_k128
safer_sk128
rc2
des
des3
cast5
noekeon
skipjack
khazad
anubis

That's 19 possible ways to encrypt and that's only if we use one level of encryption. I dont know the details of all these encryptions to figure out which one is best to use for telepods. If anybody has insight into this, I'd appreciate any feedback

I could allow the exact encryption method and sequence to be encoded in the .conf file, this way it is totally flexible so we can always test it with various .conf files to see which ones have the best results, or maybe they will all be pretty much the same?

Offhand, I think JSON like this:

"ciphers":[{"skipjack":"RMhMMyuJcJFw2kdxuqTyZnkZ8ZYxvKTtAp"},{"aes":"RFN1LKmcmC2kywNK5MHt4eqzg4QEGoapTy"},{"blowfish":"REiBxsAkDJodK4L4NaDfMZQntkC3difwfA"}]

You can add more that three, or just have one. I just picked three telepod addresses I already generated as the second part of each JSON field. Each address -> privatekey and that will be used to seed the cipher. For accounts without a "ciphers" field would just default to one level using the default public address for seed and one of the above 19 I pick at random.

Now, using this method means that in addition to your BTCD wallet password the exact sequence of the ciphers/addresses is REQUIRED to decrypt your telepods. That means if you ever lose this sequence, the telepods are lost!
I cannot stress this enough. Nobody will be able to decrypt the telepods if the cipher sequence is not known. So if you do use this, I highly recommend that you come up with some sort of mneumonic that is easy to remember so you can recreate the cipher sequence and then also label the addresses used in a way that you can recognize the sequence, but somehow other people wont.

I realize, arbitrarily nested encryption sequences might be a bit of overkill, but I am designing Teleport system to keep it safe from attackers and to be generational. If you do put significant wealth into telepods, then I would suggest to:

dumpprivkey <address>

This will spit out a bunch of letters and numbers. This is the privatekey!! Be VERY careful as this like like the key that opens the telepods. So, make a file (do not save it) with the cipher, address and the privkey, one to each line. and then take a picture of it. Make a printout in a secure place, eg. your own printer and store both the removable media the pic was saved and the printout in a safe deposit box or some physical location that you are comfortable having the keys to all those telepods in.

Dont save this file, so it never goes on your HDD. Also make sure you have no key loggers or spyware, etc. Maybe doing this on some old laptop you buy just for doing this. reformat HDD, install fresh OS and get a copy of the BTCD wallet.dat. Dont ever need to go online with this offline laptop. Better to use some sort of Ubuntu desktop instead of Windows, but with care, even Windows should be OK if you are installing a trusted copy and never go online.

James

P.S. I am writing in such detail so that someone can go through these posts to make user manual

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 03:12:09 AM

does somebody know how to make a poll?
maybe we can vote on which of the 19 ciphers to use for the default method
community determined encryption method. I think that could be a first

James

PondSea
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 03:19:50 AM

James

I think only the OP can do it.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

Azeh (OP)

Activity: 441
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 03:51:23 AM

James

I think only the OP can do it.

Poll is up!
IXC2XIC

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 03:59:48 AM

Can this thing reach 500,000 Satoshi?  Wow!!!

PondSea
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 04:14:07 AM

Can this thing reach 500,000 Satoshi?  Wow!!!

it was nearly at 600k yesterday Smiley

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 04:50:30 AM
Last edit: August 10, 2014, 05:35:12 AM by jl777

OK, got the JSON parsing of the "ciphers" field added to jl777.conf and while I was at it, I got all the encryption/decryption functions added to the codebase, along with initializing them and getting all the functions needed to process them in realtime. turns out I also needed sha256, but I will need that for other things too, so it is good it is integrated into the new codebase. I also added rmd160 as that is used for bitcoin encryption

I still have the actual encryption/decryption loop to do, but with all the parsing done and all the ciphers accessible, I will save that task for when I am too tired to do anything too difficult.

Add another 1000 lines to the code size and that's just the code I had to push through the automated context customizer. The actual cipher codes and data tables are probably around 20,000 more lines! I am not calling any system libraries, so all the code that is needed is right there in case there is ever an issue to be investigated, I can always start debugging from the source.

I didnt plan to get all this fancy user configurable cipher sequences in, but it had to be done before production release so just shuffling the order of getting stuff done. My guess is no other crypto allows the user to customize how their files are encrypted this way. Also noteworthy is that the way things are setup, even though all public addresses go to the same "post office box", each one will end up with a customizable "ciphers" field. This just makes me realize I need a field in the telepod filename to tell what coin's public address it received from, otherwise I would have to try all the various possibilities and that seems pretty inefficient

James

having multiple ciphers sequences complicated things a bit, I think for initial release only 1 ciphers sequence will be supported, but there should be no reason (other than debug time) that we cant have multiple cipher sequences

cloh76

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 05:13:13 AM

Any idea when http://btcd.xpool.ca/ will be back up?  Im currently still able to mine, but cant access the page.

[ BTC Donations: 13RNJdT72WEd1FsT3CwdJ6jy9NAa7Hsb54 ]
xyzzyx

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

I don't really come from outer space.

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 05:31:27 AM

Don't use plain old DES.  It is not safe.

"An awful lot of code is being written ... in languages that aren't very good by people who don't know what they're doing." -- Barbara Liskov
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 05:36:20 AM

Don't use plain old DES.  It is not safe.
Thanks!
I will delete it from the possible list of ciphers, any others that have been cracked?

Pages: « 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: