Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:43:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 [174] 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328437 times)
Fern

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 10:07:11 PM

I am surprised so few comments on article, so to make sure we always have a copy, I cut and paste it here:
https://bitscan.com/articles/anonymity-why-dark-is-the-new-black

Some thoughts...

I wonder if associating BTCD with NXT is holding it back. As good as NXT is, it isn't popular with the crypto media (yet)

It might confuse or discourage newcomers. Not only do they have to worry about BTCD succeeding, they also have to worry about NXT.

For the average punter, teleporting, hyperspace and pirate talk can be overwhelming enough, before even explaining that BTCD runs on NXT engine. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 10:15:29 PM

I am surprised so few comments on article, so to make sure we always have a copy, I cut and paste it here:

Some thoughts...

I wonder if associating BTCD with NXT is holding it back. As good as NXT is, it isn't popular with the crypto media (yet)

It might confuse or discourage newcomers. Not only do they have to worry about BTCD succeeding, they also have to worry about NXT.

For the average punter, teleporting, hyperspace and pirate talk can be overwhelming enough, before even explaining that BTCD runs on NXT engine.  
Only parts of BTCD uses NXT! In fact the teleport only uses NXT peripherally for the tokenization, I could always use a different method, but I already have that working so I didnt see a point.

So even you got confused... Also, not sure about the dependence on NXT success. I use the NXT tech, so that is not depending on NXT market price. NXT will be used for its AE by InstantDEX, unless it is direct wallet to wallet subatomic trade.

I am not the marketing talk, I am the tech talk and so I describe the tech. I advise to create BTCD brand that has all the features and then "Nxt Inside" for some of the 2.0 crypto functions, but not sure the best approach

How did Apple deal with "Intel Inside"?

These are questions for marketers. I am just tech guy and I make big functionality from all the available components, Nxt being one of these components

James

P.S. Also the tech is actually quite a bit more complicated when you add in all the future stuff I have in pipeline. I fear for the poor average punter as I will continue to overwhelm them with more and more functionality.

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
MuFaza

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 10:33:07 PM

Some thoughts...

Only parts of BTCD uses NXT! In fact the teleport only uses NXT peripherally for the tokenization, I could always use a different method, but I already have that working so I didnt see a point.

So even you got confused... Also, not sure about the dependence on NXT success. I use the NXT tech, so that is not depending on NXT market price. NXT will be used for its AE by InstantDEX, unless it is direct wallet to wallet subatomic trade.

I am not the marketing talk, I am the tech talk and so I describe the tech. I advise to create BTCD brand that has all the features and then "Nxt Inside" for some of the 2.0 crypto functions, but not sure the best approach

These are questions for marketers. I am just tech guy and I make big functionality from all the available components, Nxt being one of these components

James

P.S. Also the tech is actually quite a bit more complicated when you add in all the future stuff I have in pipeline. I fear for the poor average punter as I will continue to overwhelm them with more and more functionality.

That is indeed a tricky marketing scheme, but interesting one! We should come up with sentences or words that are trying to describe the essence of bitcoindark.

for example: 2.5 crypto

I'll dig into Apple marketing strategies tomorrow Tongue
Fern

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 10:58:19 PM

Some thoughts...

James

The tech I'm sure will be brilliant. I understand the concept, but the tech...not so much b/c I'm not a software guy. I have faith in you guys. The secret will be simplifying it for the market. Perhaps there is no crypto equivalent to Job's "a thousand songs in your pocket" description for the iPod.
Word of mouth might be all BTCD needs.
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 11:07:56 PM

Some thoughts...

James

The tech I'm sure will be brilliant. I understand the concept, but the tech...not so much b/c I'm not a software guy. I have faith in you guys. The secret will be simplifying it for the market. Perhaps there is no crypto equivalent to Job's "a thousand songs in your pocket" description for the iPod.
Word of mouth might be all BTCD needs.

a thousand telepods in your pocket

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 11:34:22 PM

just pushed libjl777 with the glue functions fully coded up, so one step closer to getting a BTCD core/QT that can issue teleport commands.

I will now deal with properly propagating pubaddr/pubkeys so the different nodes can actually establish contact with each other.
Nice to be a bit ahead of schedule!

James

finding_the_way_out

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:23:48 AM

Can't download the wallet. Link seems broken.

Windows: https://mega.co.nz/#!F1cDWKiC!vikbHQXIG4NEXUwiK00-Nx3LpARC5QikYpSunUJH-HQ

Can someone help me?!

Thanks!
cloudboy

Activity: 690
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:36:09 AM

Can't download the wallet. Link seems broken.

Windows: https://mega.co.nz/#!F1cDWKiC!vikbHQXIG4NEXUwiK00-Nx3LpARC5QikYpSunUJH-HQ

Can someone help me?!

Thanks!

https://mega.co.nz/#!F1cDWKiC!vikbHQXIG4NEXUwiK00-Nx3LpARC5QikYpSunUJH-HQ
YoyodyneSystems
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:20:09 AM

For those interested, bigVern (cryptsy) said he will implement a new system where we could trade any coin to any other coin instead of first converting to LTC and/or BTC

That's hilarious.

Cryptsy cannot even withdraw my XC without losing it for 4 days ... 3 times in a row. Even with support contacted multiple times each instance.
And this happened the last couple weeks.

I can tell you with certainty that Cryptsy will have zero chance at doing anything cutting edge.
I personally will never .. ever use them again. And was a very good customer of theirs for awhile in the past.
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 02:29:56 AM

For those interested, bigVern (cryptsy) said he will implement a new system where we could trade any coin to any other coin instead of first converting to LTC and/or BTC

That's hilarious.

Cryptsy cannot even withdraw my XC without losing it for 4 days ... 3 times in a row. Even with support contacted multiple times each instance.

I can tell you with certainty that Cryptsy will have zero chance at doing anything cutting edge.
I personally will never .. ever use them again. And was a very good customer of theirs for awhile in the past.

they are a pain in the ass. Every night I'm bugging them to processing my multipool's BTCD withdraws.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
longzai1988

Activity: 77

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:46:06 AM

Just successfully setup my btcd-qt client as RPC server, however dealing with the following error

No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource

Anyone know how to configure RPC server to enable CORS?

Thanks.

sweet & happy cryptocurrency , cheers Smiley
NXT : NXT-HSBE-8PWL-CUCD-BHUD6
BTCD : RTaMoRXsA7uCv869dX1TfCZmHw4ExbMVmQ
portice
Legendary

Activity: 999
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:48:49 AM

That's hilarious.

Same, they have been awful.
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 02:58:11 AM

Just successfully setup my btcd-qt client as RPC server, however dealing with the following error

Thanks.
We need to make a core change to support this, I will have it added to this weekend's release
I hope you are able to make progress in other areas in the meantime.

Are there graphics files you an extract for reskinning? I think the more things we can get worked on in parallel, the better

James

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 03:00:23 AM

Thanks.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24770192/access-control-allow-origin-header-when-origin-null-when-trying-to-post-data-t

there is info on how to bypass security features in chrome, so hopefully that works until we get it fixed in the core

longzai1988

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 03:16:02 AM

Thanks.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24770192/access-control-allow-origin-header-when-origin-null-when-trying-to-post-data-t

there is info on how to bypass security features in chrome, so hopefully that works until we get it fixed in the core

Ok great, disabling chrome web security solved that

paulthetafy

Activity: 820

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 03:20:53 AM

Thanks.
We need to make a core change to support this, I will have it added to this weekend's release

Are there graphics files you an extract for reskinning? I think the more things we can get worked on in parallel, the better

James
So a new release is scheduled for this weekend?  Sounds like it will be the last chance to buy a few more under 500k then...
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 03:24:07 AM

Thanks.

Ok great, disabling chrome web security solved that
good news!
Of course we need to fix this so users dont have to do such things

Is there a way that we can open the browser and pass in a BTCD address to use for logging in?
Maybe just pass it in as a parameter to the URL? this way the QT button can:

1. unlock wallet for 3 seconds
2. directly open the browser with address in URL
3. you can then get the privkey and store it locally and use it as NXT passphrase, basically automate the current login process with the "Remember password" selected
4. then it opens up with all the standard assets already there so the user wont have to do anything special

Maybe we need a button to make a request from faucet and other such useful things for a new user
We need graphics to reskin this to make it all BTCD look and feel

James

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 03:28:21 AM

Thanks.

James
So a new release is scheduled for this weekend?  Sounds like it will be the last chance to buy a few more under 500k then...
We are just a couple compiler errors away from getting libjl777 built on windows (I already got Mac and ubuntu compiling), then verify the glue code is working and finally I can test teleports on testnet using command line in debug window. So, with the usual 5 month test cycle it will be next year Smiley

Good thing I go a bit faster than normal. Scared you didnt I?
Now that longzai is doing reskinned GUI, at worst we can always just login to that separately from QT to use Teleport, but we have two weeks left this month to get a nice user friendly total package, so no guarantee, but now we are progressing on all fronts in parallel, odds are good to meet this schedule. Not sure I will be able to get both BTC and NXT teleporting working fully by end of month, gotta leave something to do for next month.

James

PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 03:32:58 AM

Hey James,

I can setup a win 7 comp and team viewer if you want access to one to do testing and compiling?

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

longzai1988

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 03:36:46 AM

http://cl.ly/051f0H421l0r

The above zip contains 3 image that are used in current Nxt Core, screenshot as below.
Best approach for the BTCD reskined interface is to include BTCD logo and a message "powered by Nxt", something like that, feel free to express your creativity.

Pages: « 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 [174] 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: