Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:39:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328438 times)
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 11:41:05 PM

Pretty sure you are one of the "smart guys" James.  You often speak of the smart guys, which is very modest of you, but I don't think you're far behind these dudes, if at all.  Plus, you have a lot of character and personality and you always know what to say and when to say it. 

We don't have FUD here, I think, because they know you'll make them look foolish and you do exactly that.  You're able to do this in a sincere, educating way, where you almost win these people over by the time they've read your 25 line response that was posted three minutes after the original FUD.  You just outsmart them so quickly and it's enjoyable to sit back and watch. 

This whole damn experience is enjoyable, beyond that even!  Sometimes you just can't explain a feeling, but it's good I don't have to, since there are a growing number that share this same feeling, I believe.

Peace

thanks!
I visited MIT once and met some really smart guys there. I ask them about a problem I struggled to not solve for days, even before I finish explaining the problem, they could answer it!

I know I am no dummy, but like in the ocean, no matter how big a fish you are there is always a bigger one. So I learned there are some of these super smart guys, but usually they are not interested in everyday stuff, so usually I dont run into them. This crypto thing is quite an interesting problem though, so there is definitely chance that these guys would spend a few hours thinking about it. Good thing it takes more than knowing how to solve it to actually get working software Smiley

I also self-taught myself to play chess and while I can beat any non-tournament player (I estimate if I am concentrating, I am "weak" master strength) there are literally thousands that could beat me 9 times out of 10. Though I did get lucky a few times and beat some titled players, but chess has so much book knowledge that if you dont know it, you just lose the game before it starts

So I know my place. I ask these really smart guys the stuff I cant figure out and work a zillion hours, as hard work is a very good competitive edge

James

P.S. I also tend to get much hotter girls than these really smart guys, so there is always that

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 12:30:40 AM

I just realized the M of N onion routing is going to be not as easy as I had thought. I really need to combined the M of N routing with the normal onion routing. This has the advantage of reducing redundant code (more reliable) and also makes it easier to make all the packet traffic look the same when it is going through the same process. I also need a pubaddr directory to make the random node selection from.

Combined with the need to broadcast a pubaddr/pubkey to allow the encryption to work, I have to be really careful to not leak IP addr info for the people using external privacyServer. Remember that if you use your local node as the privacyServer this is convenient, but your IP address is not shielded. Luckily both methods use 99% the same code and it seems to be working pretty well.

So instead of just debugging code, I will have to write and debug 500+ lines more. Good thing I write more than 10 lines per day!

James

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 12:36:51 AM

I am feeling some resistance to coding the routing logic. usually this means I am not ready, subconscious is still working out all the details and will let me know when it is done, by the fact that I have no resistance to cranking out the code. This is kind of my "secret", I dont force myself to write when I am feeling blocked. Since I always have a bunch of things to do, I just pick something that I feel ready to write.

This allows the complex deep thinking to be done literally while I sleep or while I am doing other stuff (like debuggin). When I am not having distractions, I can go from one problem to the next to the next, writing code as fast as I can type. So the people that are theorizing that "jl777" is actually 7 different guys, well, I do talk to myself but that's only 2 Smiley

James

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 01:39:25 AM

mgwBTCD has passed basic testing, longzai is preparing a GUI to be used to deposit/withdraw BTCD to MGW.
.05 BTCD is the min deposit or withdraw, the fee is .0101 BTCD for withdraw

Trading on NXT AE costs 1 NXT to place a bid or ask, regardless of for how much. One guy sold 50 BTC for 1 NXT total fees, the buyer got 50 BTC for 1 NXT and .0002 BTC withdraw fee.

So, it might be a bit slow to match up trades (NXT blockchain time ~90 seconds), I dont think anything can come close to the cost effectiveness. The MGW provides realtime balance info of unspent outputs against issued assets and so far with BTC has matched to the satoshi for nearly one month of pretty active usage. ~50 BTC per day of deposit/withdraw and trading has been going on for NXT, which makes it one of the largest places to trade NXT.

I am still waiting for BTCD withdraw from cryptsy, for almost a week now!  a dozen emails with their support and all I get is runaround.

the mgwBTCD asset id is 11060861818140490423 and is currently running on my dev servers, so not quite production level reliability, but considering it takes hours, days or weeks to get anything from most of the exchanges (bittrex has always been very fast!) and I can make fixes from a major new NXT release in days, maybe its not so bad.

Still technically beta, so dont put any more than you wont cry if it gets lost (so far the only lost anything is ~9 LTC I lost by having all historical withdraws happen again due to a bad update I made). The sooner you get used to decentralized trading, the better as that is clearly the future

James

P.S. longzai will need some graphics files changed so his release will be BTCD, at least as much as we can make it look so

cloudboy

Activity: 690
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:40:44 AM

I'm loving how stable the price is and how low the volume is. People are hodling and staking, not selling. To me, that confirms that we are still a bit under the radar, and pretty much everyone invested is a real supporter, not just pump and dumpers  Smiley
TorrnA

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:10:05 AM

I'm loving how stable the price is and how low the volume is. People are hodling and staking, not selling. To me, that confirms that we are still a bit under the radar, and pretty much everyone invested is a real supporter, not just pump and dumpers  Smiley

Yeah that is nice to see, especially considering the past week in crypto. We are maybe seeing some mini pumps but thats all, pretty stable otherwise.
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 04:50:45 AM

We have been in the low volume retrenchment phase of the price cycle. usually a drop of 30% or even more is common during this phase. BTCD is actually slightly up, during retrenchment.
The entire selloff/recovery is not even observable in BTCD price, like its in its own universe

I think everyone is waiting for test release before going in bigger. I hope to solve the routing issue soon as that is biggest unfinished thing (not counting GUI)

James

TorrnA

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 05:41:47 AM

We have been in the low volume retrenchment phase of the price cycle. usually a drop of 30% or even more is common during this phase. BTCD is actually slightly up, during retrenchment.
The entire selloff/recovery is not even observable in BTCD price, like its in its own universe

I think everyone is waiting for test release before going in bigger. I hope to solve the routing issue soon as that is biggest unfinished thing (not counting GUI)

James

Its nice to see that BTCD's universe is relatively unaffected and slightly up at this phase, its reassuring. Its just the lull before the storm, so to speak, as as far as test releases go then. Donations at this point would be welcomed assistance.
TorrnA

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 06:25:21 AM

Just made a donation

Net amount: +45.08 BTCD
Transaction ID: 99d839994dfcec1aac0c48f8e3f67ec7459987f796230aaef48d06a8f56c037f
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 07:10:53 AM

Does anybody have any requirements of the type of accounting info they need?
Without a blockchain to publicly link tx, it is of course a challenge to prove that you made a specific payment. Doing this, you are losing the privacy for this tx, but presumably if you are divulging this to the person you sent to, nothing is really changed.

My thinking is that if you teleport payment to someone and they say, "what payment? I dont see no payment." you would want to be able to prove that you did send them X amount. If they have cloned, there is proof that somebody did this and you have the info to prove that you had the telepod that was cloned. So at this level all that is needed is the detailed report of the telepods sent. This is all part of the existing protocol, so I just need to store this data (encrypted).

In the event of trusted teleports, we want to enforce good behavior, so we need to incinerate the actual telepods that have been accepted on the other side.

Now what if the person you send to is lying? he can say, it wasnt me that cloned your telepod and since Teleporting works a bit too well, it becomes a bit of an issue in this case!

To deal with this I am requiring signed confirmation for telepod delivery, so there will be verifiable proof that the recipient's public address signed for the receiving the telepods.

Any feedback on the type of reports you want will help me design the best way to extract this info

Thanks

James

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 07:15:19 AM

I ran into minime on the poloniex trollbox of all places. He had an idea that is quite promising

he asked if it was possible to have a website where anybody can just go to and start a teleport
at first I didnt see how to do it, but I think it is actually possible!

it would need to be some sort of official teleporting website
the users input the info like amount, destination and they get an address to send their coins to.
Once it comes in, the teleport is done on behalf of the user. Since they are on a website, we cant enforce the BTCD deposit requirement, but we can much more easily collect a fee that is payable in BTCD

James

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 07:34:44 AM

I ran into minime on the poloniex trollbox of all places. He had an idea that is quite promising

he asked if it was possible to have a website where anybody can just go to and start a teleport

the users input the info like amount, destination and they get an address to send their coins to.
Once it comes in, the teleport is done on behalf of the user. Since they are on a website, we cant enforce the BTCD deposit requirement, but we can much more easily collect a fee that is payable in BTCD

James

It would be great especially to get a lot of people testing. Like I said before my concern is that it would isolate the site from the coin if they don't need to have BTCD.
That is if you are charging X % of whatever they are teleporting.
the fee needs to be paid in BTCD, and that would be done via realtime market purchase
So if it is done from the bitcoindark website and charging BTCD, that's a pretty bitcoindark user experience
for people with a BTCD wallet and pubaddr, they would get easier user experience, not sure of all the details yet

Things like if they want to make a local telepod, it is stored in BTCD

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 07:48:53 AM

James

It would be great especially to get a lot of people testing. Like I said before my concern is that it would isolate the site from the coin if they don't need to have BTCD.
That is if you are charging X % of whatever they are teleporting.
the fee needs to be paid in BTCD, and that would be done via realtime market purchase
So if it is done from the bitcoindark website and charging BTCD, that's a pretty bitcoindark user experience
for people with a BTCD wallet and pubaddr, they would get easier user experience, not sure of all the details yet

Things like if they want to make a local telepod, it is stored in BTCD
Oh yeah I forgot about the trading bot doing the conversion

Does anybody have any requirements of the type of accounting info they need?
Without a blockchain to publicly link tx, it is of course a challenge to prove that you made a specific payment. Doing this, you are losing the privacy for this tx, but presumably if you are divulging this to the person you sent to, nothing is really changed.

My thinking is that if you teleport payment to someone and they say, "what payment? I dont see no payment." you would want to be able to prove that you did send them X amount. If they have cloned, there is proof that somebody did this and you have the info to prove that you had the telepod that was cloned. So at this level all that is needed is the detailed report of the telepods sent. This is all part of the existing protocol, so I just need to store this data (encrypted).

In the event of trusted teleports, we want to enforce good behavior, so we need to incinerate the actual telepods that have been accepted on the other side.

Now what if the person you send to is lying? he can say, it wasnt me that cloned your telepod and since Teleporting works a bit too well, it becomes a bit of an issue in this case!

To deal with this I am requiring signed confirmation for telepod delivery, so there will be verifiable proof that the recipient's public address signed for the receiving the telepods.

Any feedback on the type of reports you want will help me design the best way to extract this info

Thanks

James

Is it possible to keep the status of your own TPs locally and display them in a section on the wallet? A 'darkchain' if you will..
Or even having this darkchain public and be able to look up the status based on some private key linked with each TP?
I don't know if it is possible to keep track of the anonymous transactions in a way that doesn't reveal any information, but allows any body to look up the status of their own TP.
you would need to be on your computer to get any sort of reporting, it is the only place where this info is. That's kind of what makes Teleport so hard to attack, you need to get access to all the nodes themselves. Of course these files will be encrypted so just access to the hardware is not enough, your wallet needs to get compromised

I am not going to even try to make this info publicly available after all the troubles to keep it private!

Also, I will just provide API that returns JSON with details needed for a GUI to make whatever sort of display is wanted.

James

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 08:04:59 AM

https://nxtforum.org/index.php?topic=4667.0

The above has link to a web GUI that supports mgwBTCD
it is not reskinned yet, but those that want to test multigateway process with BTCD, it is available.
I think the graphics peoples should definitely try it out so you can get ideas on what graphics to change

it is not a one click installer process yet, if you have any problems, please dont ask me. Just post in the above thread

James

bitkokos

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

0_0

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:41:02 AM

James, would it be possible to get automatic proof of stake by our addresses in blockchain?
I mean we won't have to leave our wallets open for staking.
The system will check PoS through the blockchain.

If this is possible it will be a great feature, I suppose

O_o
valarmg

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:57:13 AM

James, would it be possible to get automatic proof of stake by our addresses in blockchain?

But then you aren't staking, so don't deserve extra coin. If people aren't staking, then there's no BTCD network supporting the coin.
jeezy
Legendary

Activity: 1237
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 10:09:04 AM

The whole purpose of staking would be defeated because we want people to have their wallets open because wallets ARE the network. So people are getting "paid" for contributing to the sability of the network by staking (letting their wallets run).
darkslash

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:11:26 AM

when is somthing going to be released to make the price move ??
clovis A.
Legendary

Activity: 1206
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:49:11 AM

You shouldn't be complaining about the BTCD blue light special on aisle three..... the price will rise in good time.  No features have been launched, so upward movement is in the near future.  For now, be happy you can still purchase at discounted prices  Smiley

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
Cloud storage is about to change
                          Are you ready?
RedZeppelin

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:51:11 AM

There is a estimated timetable for features and functions a few pages back, read up Smiley

Kahir - Scamming dev of Rebirthcoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=798159.msg8977686#msg8977686 gets a free happy meal!!
Pages: « 1 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: