Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:52:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 [402] 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328437 times)
coininvestor

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 05:08:58 AM

I sold my position to move on to other ventures.  It sounded like teleport was a week away back in September and I said to my self I'll wait till the end of the year and the price has done nothing but drop, and my wallet doesn't work so I was keeping my coins on an exchange, not good.  I bought in at .0006 and sold at .0045 so I still made a nice little profit although not as much as I could have made had I sold at the top.  I may be kicking myself if it goes up, but I figure there is always another good investment around the corner.  If it drops lower I will buy back a few, if not, no worries. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sempyper

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 07:31:18 AM

i think people are forgetting BTCD is the core of supernet, and the tech is something never seen before. in addition to this BTCD will pay dividends from teleport.

work that out for yourself, tell me what happens when BTCD is the ONLY trust-less anonymous coin, and drug mules want to wash there bitcoin? they go through BTCD teleport, millions upon millions of dollars at a time. generating tens of thousands of dollars in dividends to BTCD holders per day.

might be a smart idea to hold or increase your stake Wink
MuFaza

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 07:45:22 AM

I sold my position to move on to other ventures.  It sounded like teleport was a week away back in September and I said to my self I'll wait till the end of the year and the price has done nothing but drop, and my wallet doesn't work so I was keeping my coins on an exchange, not good.  I bought in at .0006 and sold at .0045 so I still made a nice little profit although not as much as I could have made had I sold at the top.  I may be kicking myself if it goes up, but I figure there is always another good investment around the corner.  If it drops lower I will buy back a few, if not, no worries. 

I hear you, I have been keeping my coins so far only because of the endless promises. Since the beginning of the BTCD, most of the planned features has been transferred to the Supernet. For me (and probably some others) there just simply isn't anything left in this coin, than those promises James made back many moths ago.

Maybe the dividents will change the course, but we'll see..

I'll still sit on my coins that I bought at 25-50k, but I can't blame for other to abandon the ship.

whetherman

Activity: 150

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 08:04:38 AM

To each his own.  I am as disappointed as the next guy in the detour through Supernet-land that has delayed the original promise of BTCD. If I had had my druthers Supernet would not have become the priority.

That much said, I have come gradually around to the idea of Supernet. And i do believe we are currently in  an iceberg situation, where 90% is out of sight, so it is difficult to fathom what the real size and meaning of the project is / will be. But that 90% is there.

Also I happened to be awake and getting in some low bids during the dump a few hours ago. Saw some pretty clear evidence of tree shaking going on. Got a little piece of that 6 BTC wall that Mr. Big was flashing at 36. So all is not entirely organic in the day's events.

durdur23

Activity: 67

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 08:30:47 AM

0.004 has been psychological support for several months and exodus seems to begin as it is broken.
One of the Top 50 rich wallet holder sold his share and wonder how many more will leave if it went below 0.003 or 0.0025.
At least, I am glad to see there's enough buying power to take 10K dumping.
I will hold onto this coin until next Sumter at least unless some serious problem pops out.
There is no fundamental change for BTCD, but ambitious promises haven't kept.
I think that's why many ran out of patience, but that's totally understandable as 1 month in Alt coin world feels like longer than 1 year in stock market.
Hope I can get some chance to get more coins at bargain price when the market crashes.
Breasal

Activity: 585
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 08:42:42 AM

No word lately from BTCD-dev or James on latest developments. None-the-less, I'm hodling strong and buy more from these dumpers.  Smiley I suspect the bots will turn soon and take the price back to .005 at least (hoping anyway).
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 08:51:30 AM

I hear you, I have been keeping my coins so far only because of the endless promises. Since the beginning of the BTCD, most of the planned features has been transferred to the Supernet. For me (and probably some others) there just simply isn't anything left in this coin, than those promises James made back many moths ago.

Maybe the dividents will change the course, but we'll see..

I'll still sit on my coins that I bought at 25-50k, but I can't blame for other to abandon the ship.

[SuperNET [BTCD]]

My attempt at graphics. To say the planned features are transferred to SuperNET, is not quite right. BTCD is inside the SuperNET, think of it as the engine that most people wont see as they are seeing the entire thing.

Now if SuperNET was a car with a BTCD engine inside, how well will the engines sell if the car is selling a lot?

With 1 BTCD engine in each SuperNET, what is good for SuperNET is good for BTCD.

Now "there just simply isn't anything left in this coin, than those promises James made back many moths ago" is the key statement. If you dont trust me to deliver on my promises for BTCD, then yes, you should sell. If all BTCD has is the promises I have made, the question is how much is my word worth?

The iceberg analogy is pretty good too. The scope has increased and this has caused delays, but we are down to debugging the system. https://github.com/jl777/btcd/tree/master/libjl777 has over 40,000 lines of code I personally wrote this year. I have made almost 3,000 commits to the repos and you can see my progress in realtime. I do apologize for not having the time to be cheerleader in this thread, but I am pretty active in slack.

So do not think that SuperNET takes anything away from BTCD, it makes it 10x bigger market and without real world usage what value is all this tech? I did say it will take more time and if you are wanting to make some fast money, there are many places that promise magical gains immediately. I cannot promise that, but I do promise I will deliver the tech that I promised for BTCD. In fact, its role is even bigger with the latest plans. It will be the reference currency for InstantDEX and this will necessarily mean a lot more liquidity as all the transactions would go through BTCD. There will also need to be some minimum amount of BTCD people need to properly operate the Teleport and other features.

The realtime BTCD MGW is in beta test and I am currently working on debugging InstantDEX connection with MGW, along with the Teleport engine.

Now the value for a crypto is usually purely speculative value. With BTCD it also gets a dividend stream and SuperNET revshare and is reference currency for InstantDEX and gets Teleport fees. I wish I could go faster, but this is quite difficult code and that is why the line count is so low. ~150 lines per day of code is slow by my standards, but soon I will be done with the difficult coding and be able to get back to the normal production levels of ~300 lines per day. Industry standards for production code is ~10 lines per day, you can verify this if you dont believe me.

Anyway for people sitting on losses, all this is just talk, talk, talk. So I will get back to coding.

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
MuFaza

Activity: 72

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 09:35:52 AM

Well yes, my words was maybe little too caricatured. My point of view for this matter is before the Supernet era, so to say.

Back then bitcoindark was the coin that would have all the nice features itself: jl777,  a new anon tech and exclusive anon mastercard (the list was long and good). It had tremendous unique value at some point and I had no doubt of breaking the records. But after harnessing its power for the supernet its uniqueness was lost and making many the features as part of the supernet (like supernet anon card etc.) Usable with every other currency. That's why I said "Nothing left for this coin.." which was too narrow-minded indeed.

In my mind the reason for downfall of the price is the said loss of uniqueness. Of course btcd still has it's important purpose in the big picture and I'm not trying to deny that. I'm just comparing the situation back then and now. Future might be bright and like I said, I'm still in this because I trust James's promises.

All this is pure speculation and should taken as such. I've high respect for the developers and the community behind btcd and supernet.
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 11:27:11 AM

Well yes, my words was maybe little too caricatured. My point of view for this matter is before the Supernet era, so to say.

Back then bitcoindark was the coin that would have all the nice features itself: jl777,  a new anon tech and exclusive anon mastercard (the list was long and good). It had tremendous unique value at some point and I had no doubt of breaking the records. But after harnessing its power for the supernet its uniqueness was lost and making many the features as part of the supernet (like supernet anon card etc.) Usable with every other currency. That's why I said "Nothing left for this coin.." which was too narrow-minded indeed.

In my mind the reason for downfall of the price is the said loss of uniqueness. Of course btcd still has it's important purpose in the big picture and I'm not trying to deny that. I'm just comparing the situation back then and now. Future might be bright and like I said, I'm still in this because I trust James's promises.

All this is pure speculation and should taken as such. I've high respect for the developers and the community behind btcd and supernet.
It was my assessment that having all the great features on a remote island would not do much good. These features need to be adopted and used and that requires getting people to use it regularly. Otherwise, it is just hype. What good are features without users? That is why I had to solve the small userbase issue.

So, on paper it sounds great that only BTCD has all the cool tech, but in that scenario there wouldnt be a SuperNET as what other coins would want to be part of it if only BTCD is benefiting? Now, we are creating a thriving new community and everyone is actually helping each other. At this stage of crypto this is necessary and much more productive than the constant fightings you are seeing elsewhere. The ATH was when there was a financial incentive for BTCD during the SuperNET ICO. So there are more ways than just tech to create value for a crypto.

Better to be a medium size fish in the big ocean than a big fish in a small pond. 2015 will see deployment after deployment of the new tech and some that should drive more adoption and usage. The price in a bear market with crazy bots is on the pessimistic side, with so few coins any small change on the demand side will be a constant support, so as SuperNET revenues grow to something meaningful and it has to be used to buy BTCD to payout the dividend...

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
mobileman42

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 11:55:01 AM

Looks like a small group of whales have dropped the price by dumping on bittrex.

Dumping 10k btcd on bittrex is proportionally equivalent to dumping 100k btc on bitstamp.

Whales divesting big chunks of coin is normal for any new coin.  I'm not worried about it.  The majority of the community is still hodling and staking.
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 12:23:04 PM

Just a way to put to price down to buy them all up...sell and buy support are really thin so it goes both ways. Still waiting to go any lower...will buy some more eventually Smiley
mobileman42

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 01:50:39 PM

On a note unrelated to btcd price:

What do you guys think of bitcoin sidechains?  Can altcoins coexist with bitcoin sidechains?

I just learned that 2 out of the 5 bitcoin core devs have been hired by a VC-funded company, blockstream, to develop side chains.
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 01:59:08 PM

On a note unrelated to btcd price:

What do you guys think of bitcoin sidechains?  Can altcoins coexist with bitcoin sidechains?

I just learned that 2 out of the 5 bitcoin core devs have been hired by a VC-funded company, blockstream, to develop side chains.

Tell me, why did you made a new account for this?
raimch89
Legendary

Activity: 1169
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 03:02:13 PM

on poloniex sell order 6000 btcd at 0.0055...
jahl

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 04:19:35 PM

so what? Smiley
darlidada

Activity: 723
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 11:22:49 PM

Could anyone explain why bitcoindark exist ? There is already boolberry in the supernet. Cryptonote is the best technology right now. What is bitcoindark ? A coin ? A protocol ? I dont understand why people hold some when there are cleary better options WITHIN supernet
JimmyJones

Activity: 101

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 11:44:02 PM

Could anyone explain why bitcoindark exist ? There is already boolberry in the supernet.

BTCD was the first/original cryptocurrency added to the Supernet, boolberry was added at a later time.

Cryptonote is the best technology right now. What is bitcoindark ? A coin ? A protocol ? I dont understand why people hold some when there are cleary better options WITHIN supernet

BTCD's teleport is superior to cryptonote technology, please check the first post for more info on teleport and telepathy  Wink

JJ

FreakBro #2  AKA.... cardcoder
mobileman42

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 11:45:01 PM

so what? Smiley

A Bitcoindark Bearwhale appears on New year's eve eve.  Will he be slain?
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 12:45:03 AM

Could anyone explain why bitcoindark exist ? There is already boolberry in the supernet. Cryptonote is the best technology right now. What is bitcoindark ? A coin ? A protocol ? I dont understand why people hold some when there are cleary better options WITHIN supernet

You don't know? Tech not your thing?

Of course not, your job is to spread boilerplate Monero FUD last 9 months...  zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Market Caps Today

BTCD.... $1,450,000 (price up from summer levels)

BBR......... $125,000 (price down > 90% from summer levels)

I'm really tired of people complaining about BTCD price...
It's held up amazingly well... waiting for the SuperNET roll out.

Speaking as a Pro Trader with CS degree...
James is by far the best combined tech genius + finance genius 'round here. By far.

It may be a little bubbly, but the man has created $8+ million in asset value...
This is not luck... it's experienced, professional planning and execution.

So give The Man 2015 to play it all out...
There are all kinds of fascinating wildcards with Pangea and the VPNCoin.  

CECVW
Legendary

Activity: 961

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 01:57:25 AM

You don't know? Tech not your thing?

Of course not, your job is to spread boilerplate Monero FUD last 9 months...  zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Market Caps Today

BTCD.... $1,450,000 (price up from summer levels)

BBR......... $125,000 (price down > 90% from summer levels)

I'm really tired of people complaining about BTCD price...
It's held up amazingly well... waiting for the SuperNET roll out.

Speaking as a Pro Trader with CS degree...
James is by far the best combined tech genius + finance genius 'round here. By far.

It may be a little bubbly, but the man has created $8+ million in asset value...
This is not luck... it's experienced, professional planning and execution.

So give The Man 2015 to play it all out...
There are all kinds of fascinating wildcards with Pangea and the VPNCoin.  

+1

I only invest most of the times in James Projects, it's a warranty.

⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲     WIRELESS COIN     ⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⏲  FORUM THREADGITHUBTWITTERSLACK 1 #time-travellers-yet/#wlcSLACK 2 #21_tickets/#wlc  ⏲
Pages: « 1 ... 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 [402] 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: