Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:35:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ApexCoin Rebirth - Minable Proof Of Stake - Web Wallet - BlockNet Association  (Read 249901 times)
Hel

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:29:29 PM

maybe a bargain, tho not in you got in early and are sitting on a loss currently Angry bring on the end of the week, hopefully get some support back

getting in early with new coins is not turning out to be a great strategy lately.

still you can average down and hold on. new features are bound to help.  Grin

I agree, with very few recent exceptions it's been better to wait for early adopters to dump even when they have an active dev team.... or buy up actively developed coins under heavy FUD attack. Figures though, with the sheer amount of scams and people buying based on the greed of the exchanges/mining stats. Don't get me wrong, it was a good trading tactic back in the day (last month).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
klopper

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:22:39 PM

cassius69

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:24:03 PM

maybe a bargain, tho not in you got in early and are sitting on a loss currently Angry bring on the end of the week, hopefully get some support back

getting in early with new coins is not turning out to be a great strategy lately.

still you can average down and hold on. new features are bound to help.  Grin

I agree, with very few recent exceptions it's been better to wait for early adopters to dump even when they have an active dev team.... or buy up actively developed coins under heavy FUD attack. Figures though, with the sheer amount of scams and people buying based on the greed of the exchanges/mining stats. Don't get me wrong, it was a good trading tactic back in the day (last month).

i agree with u. it worked in june but fell apart in july  Grin

klopper

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:01:37 PM

Ride the #APEX they said... ok I say... anyone know how deep this hole is?
cassius69

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:03:15 PM

.47 btc of apex dumps takes this coin to 1 sat.

buy support is at 1 sat.

klopper

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:10:01 PM

buy support is at 1 sat.

Not much there either
cassius69

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:13:48 PM

buy support is at 1 sat.

Not much there either

haha. so i guess we can say buy support is currently at 0.  Grin

poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:19:11 PM

buy support is at 1 sat.

Not much there either

This coin is a bit of an odd one. Price is lower than it should be, based on number of coins + planned features. If devs do any of the things they say they will, this could be a bargain.

I think the coin ran into bad luck as people may be overlooking this, or equating it with coins released around the same time (i.e. concealcoin). People may be getting skittish with all early coins that promise unique features.

Nobody should take this post meaning I am suggesting people buy, as I have no idea if things will pan out. Just, again, price is lower than it should be IF the devs deliver at all. There is always a big 'if'.
goldmaxx

Activity: 894
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:20:11 PM

You need better PR...

cassius69

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:20:45 PM

buy support is at 1 sat.

Not much there either

This coin is a bit of an odd one. Price is lower than it should be, based on number of coins + planned features. If devs do any of the things they say they will, this could be a bargain.

I think the coin ran into bad luck as people may be overlooking this, or equating it with coins released around the same time (i.e. concealcoin). People may be getting skittish with all early coins that promise unique features.

Nobody should take this post meaning I am suggesting people buy, as I have no idea if things will pan out. Just, again, price is lower than it should be IF the devs deliver at all. There is always a big 'if'.

i think people might think this is 'aegiscoin'

poornamelessme

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:29:39 PM

You need better PR...

Could be right there.

Concealcoin, with an absent dev, was selling for more than Apex yesterday, and VastCoin, from the same shady dev, is current selling in the same ballpark as Apex.

If you can't get more attention than a coin with a fake dev, it means you are doing something wrong PR wise. Perhaps the multipool will help there, just to get volume up.

Cryptsy listed Apex to little to no fanfare, for instance.
TheProf

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:33:25 PM

Is there a more than basic way to hype it up ---> short of advertising it somewhere.
poornamelessme

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:36:58 PM

Is there a more than basic way to hype it up ---> short of advertising it somewhere.

Devs need to do the multipool, to get volume up. And they need to release screenshots/info on all upcoming features.

I'm not big on fake hype. When I say they need to increase marketing/exposure, I first mean they need to do something. If people are skittish, memes, contests, people going on about how Apex will be worth $100/coin, won't help (and is frankly silly in my opinion).

Devs just need to be active here, release more info, and then they can worry about increasing volume + exposure in other places. Coinpayments, more exchanges, articles, giveaways and such can help ... which would logically make sense perhaps next week, if the devs have done stuff here in the meanwhile.
SirEGB

Activity: 142

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:42:57 PM

You need better PR...

Could be right there.

Concealcoin, with an absent dev, was selling for more than Apex yesterday, and VastCoin, from the same shady dev, is current selling in the same ballpark as Apex.

If you can't get more attention than a coin with a fake dev, it means you are doing something wrong PR wise. Perhaps the multipool will help there, just to get volume up.

Cryptsy listed Apex to little to no fanfare, for instance.

VastCoin and ConcealCoin we know is the same crooked dev and AegisCoin was a crooked dev, but here's the kicker.  They knew the system of P&D and was able get everyone to hype it up because they offered a promise of an anon mixer that obviously couldn't deliver and people bought into that idea and obviously got screwed by their own greed.  People don't hype solid coins, they hype the impossible then cry about the dev running and that's why ApexCoin is not a scam coin like them.  If now they promised something that's never been done before then yeah people would hype about that, but of course it's likely not true and a formula for fail and run.  I would rather have the dev check in once a day so he can work than to have him troll here all day and do nothing like the MCXNOW owner.    
TheProf

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:44:48 PM

Pretty sure I said something similar a few pages back...

I do agree on legit hype, it seems better in my eyes. During the vote I mentioned multipool should come first. But outvoted by both together. The devs do seem positive about the progress, however I agree that screenshots of some things would help to.  But lets just be patient as I am sure they have a plan...
poornamelessme

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:46:03 PM

VastCoin and ConcealCoin we know is the same crooked dev and AegisCoin was a crooked dev, but here's the kicker.  They knew the system of P&D and was able get everyone to hype it up because they offered a promise of an anon mixer that obviously couldn't deliver and people bought into that idea and obviously got screwed by their own greed.  People don't hype solid coins, they hype the impossible then cry about the dev running and that's why ApexCoin is not a scam coin like them.  If now they promised something that's never been done before then yeah people would hype about that, but of course it's likely not true and a formula for fail and run.  I would rather have the dev check in once a day so he can work than to have him troll here all day and do nothing like the MCXNOW owner.    

True. I just meant that those coins were getting more attention, higher volume and pricing, even after they were confirmed as scams. A lot of that could just have been from bagholders though, who bought in on the early hype.
klopper

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:46:56 PM

Devs are hardly active enough on the PR side. They may be doing good work in development as we speak, but no one knows that. (And with all the current scamcoins no one will believe without proof...).

Devs here are some tips to gain some attention:
Ask Altcoin Herald to do another article on future plans
Give ETA on TOR.
New poll on next coin features

As far as I know, BTCD has not produced anything yet? And look how that is doing. MORE PR!!

Edit: The price is not an issue - the volume is...

DJCanh

Activity: 278

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:32:19 PM

Devs are hardly active enough on the PR side. They may be doing good work in development as we speak, but no one knows that. (And with all the current scamcoins no one will believe without proof...).

Devs here are some tips to gain some attention:
Ask Altcoin Herald to do another article on future plans
Give ETA on TOR.
New poll on next coin features

As far as I know, BTCD has not produced anything yet? And look how that is doing. MORE PR!!

Edit: The price is not an issue - the volume is...

Dev already gave ETA on Tor and asking for new coin features already is a bit much since the dev already got their hands full at the moment.  I don't believe in the fake hype and fake features that won't come either, those types of coins are meant to dump before everyone realizes it's a scam.  As for the lack of volume it's probably because everyone is holding to see the release of Tor and the multipool.  Although traders could also be crashing the market to cause panic so they can buy in even cheaper. 
APEXcoin_Team (OP)

Activity: 261

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 08:52:27 PM

Hello community,

Sorry for the lapse in communication, as there was a miscommunication on who was to keep the forums updated over the weekend. Now onto the good stuff   Cheesy

The Tor dev has been at it all weekend, and should be ready to test tentatively on Wednesday. It is currently a lot of tedious changes in the code, but once it's all finished we can start testing for issues before final release. If things stay on schedule, we're looking at a Friday release.

As for the multipool, I am happy to announce that we will be integrated into a very big and well known multipool system coming out very soon. Users will be able to mine the most profitable coin over from a choice of several popular algorithms, and receive payment in APEX. It will not be our own dedicated multipool, but in some ways this is just as good or better, as we will benefit from the quality of service of the branded provider. More on this as we are allowed to release information from the multipool creators.

We have also been jotting down ideas mentioned in this thread and have been discussing their viability as the next feature implemented. A vote will come once we are closer to releasing our other features and people realize we are for real  Wink

Edit: We will begin posting screens once we begin the testing phase.

In case you missed the previous announcement...well there you go!  Smiley

We're touching bases with the Tor dev and multi pool dev for updates on their progress.  We will have a press release coming soon by a familiar name.  We have also updated our logo as seen in the OP and on the website.  Smiley
CptnShibe

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 09:10:31 PM

Hype doesn't bring us anything right now, same goes for a higher price. Coins in this stage aren't meant for daytrading but for investing, and as a investor I appreciate cheap coins. Everytime the APEX-team posts updates or delivers things I trust them more and can buy more coins, and I prefer to buy them cheap Wink
There will be the point that more and more people realise this coin isn't like glyph, conceal or key, and then the price will rise.
Just have some patience and profits will come Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: