Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:14:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ApexCoin Rebirth - Minable Proof Of Stake - Web Wallet - BlockNet Association  (Read 249895 times)
ruleland

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 06:20:13 PM

Is it possible to see the TOR code in a forked git, so we can have an idea what has been coded so far, to maybe restore some faith from the community.

And who knows, the community might actually think of another solution.

a reply to this would be appreciated
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
APEXcoin_Team (OP)

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 10:06:13 PM

Is it possible to see the TOR code in a forked git, so we can have an idea what has been coded so far, to maybe restore some faith from the community.

And who knows, the community might actually think of another solution.

a reply to this would be appreciated

At this time, we would rather not let it into the wild, as anyone would be able to download and launch the coin for themselves.
FreebieZoner

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 02:15:49 AM

Just because one plan doesn't work doesn't mean the coin is dead especially since the dev is still here.   The dev could have ran but he didn't and wants to move forward.   I'll be ready for a big pay day, made the same calls on veri and voot chaching.   Smiley

My GOODies
GOOD GdW7XLTFByH1AU5dZjA2MEewRaTMzek5sw
Otsu

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:12:26 AM

These guys seem to me - and I am just speaking my mind here - but they seem to me to be sitting around saying "ok guys we got nothing idea wise - what do you want".

APEX TEAM - Let me tell you what we, and EVERYONE wants. Dev Teams with ideas. Dev Teams with the ability to communicate those ideas effectively to their customers, and attract new customers. Dev Teams who understand Branding, and PR, and Marketing, and Product Appeal.

Not seeing that here.

Waking up this morning - All I've seen in the last day is; We are working on it. Working on the wallet. New wallet coming.

Ok Dev Team- new wallet. We can't wait. Looking forward to seeing what you got for us soon. It better be a game changer.

Strato[/b]

I'm not entirely sure I'd say they appear to have no ideas, but the concept of the coin seems to be that the community decides on what they want to see. They could just as easily say everything in their polls are their 'ideas' and they will add them over time. I'm not saying they would do that, or could... just that because a coin asks a community what they want, it doesn't necessarily mean the dev team has no ideas.

Where they are strongly lacking is marketing/PR. They do need to present the coin a bit better, get the coin out there (articles, whatever). I don't mean hype either, just general info and communications. Maybe they should look for a team member who can handle that for them. I can use the TOR stuff as an example... besides coin holders who closely followed the thread, I doubt anyone even knew TOR was being worked on. It wasn't in the first page of the coin ann, header, and there wasn't a lot of hubbub about it. In hindsight, that obviously was a good idea, as TOR didn't work out. But PR-wise, they need to do a better job.

And wallet-wise, I strongly suggest they list what features will be added, offer screenshots when available, and a rough estimate of release date. It probably goes without saying, but make sure it works 100% with no bugs before release... think you get one shot with it. You have a strike against you with the TOR problems.

I do admit a lot of users were quiet about supporting APEX, but I wouldn't say it was not talked about.  To my knowledge, there were about 5 articles written about APEX and was coin of the day at other sites that I know of, but PR doesn't just stand on the dev's shoulders but rather on the community as well.  Good to hear the dev is working on something. 
AllAltNews

Activity: 60

Follow @AllAltNews on Twitter and Facebook!

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 04:30:39 AM

Also being not anon would probably make merchants to accept APEX better too.

I also disagree with this. I believe most merchants do not want their whole sell and order history for competition or customers to see.

There's actually a merchant coin in development, which I cannot say what the coin is because they have not launched yet, that would disagree with your disagreement.  They actually believe merchants would prefer to not go anon.  However the verdict is as good as any for all we know, we just have to ask the merchants themselves.  Smiley

Aero - Innovation, Progression and Excellence!
Next big thing? AeroME, read the Whitepaper
ruleland

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 09:24:01 AM

There's actually a merchant coin in development, which I cannot say what the coin is because they have not launched yet, that would disagree with your disagreement.  They actually believe merchants would prefer to not go anon.  However the verdict is as good as any for all we know, we just have to ask the merchants themselves.  Smiley

Do you have a use case where non anonymous transactions would be advantageous over anonymous transaction?
fanchanglong

Activity: 90

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 12:11:49 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2014, 07:42:51 AM by fanchanglong

We are not working on a new coin, we are working on a new wallet.

good    Tongue
i am working on my wallet,too
klopper

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 01:23:34 PM

Tell MINTPAL about the future plans of APEX. Maybe they are willing to add it as a ninja add. It has potential to have big volume when price is this low.
robertdivaio

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:22:26 PM

There's actually a merchant coin in development, which I cannot say what the coin is because they have not launched yet, that would disagree with your disagreement.  They actually believe merchants would prefer to not go anon.  However the verdict is as good as any for all we know, we just have to ask the merchants themselves.  Smiley

Do you have a use case where non anonymous transactions would be advantageous over anonymous transaction?

Anonymous transaction will never be implemented by merchants because they cannot prove said transactions thus cannot be taxable.
Period.

People need to understand that anon coins are just useless for real world merchants, they can only work on the darknet
klopper

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:38:17 PM

Anonymous transaction will never be implemented by merchants because they cannot prove said transactions thus cannot be taxable.
Period.

People need to understand that anon coins are just useless for real world merchants, they can only work on the darknet

Almost every merchant in the world accepts anon transactions today!!!

It is called..... C A S H!
ruleland

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:57:29 PM

Period.

I don't understand this statement. It's like saying I have been paid (received currency on my address), but I don't know where it came from so it is not taxable.

It's comparable to being paid in cash for goods and not knowing the identity of the person that paid with cash. I don't see the problem.
klopper

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:31:17 PM

Period.

I don't understand this statement. It's like saying I have been paid (received currency on my address), but I don't know where it came from so it is not taxable.

It's comparable to being paid in cash for goods and not knowing the identity of the person that paid with cash. I don't see the problem.

Yes, I lol'd.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

rovertdivaio: I think it is smart to understand how money works before you start trading currencies.
robertdivaio

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 05:25:19 PM

Period.

Yes, I lol'd.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

rovertdivaio: I think it is smart to understand how money works before you start trading currencies.

LOL, I trade currencies for a profession, you buy & sell 0.1 btc of alts & believe ur a trader

No, because when you pay with cash you (person) get a receipt, as it is with paypal and visa, with anon electronic transactions you don't.

klopper

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 08:59:12 PM

Period.

LOL, I trade currencies for a profession, you buy & sell 0.1 btc of alts & believe ur a trader

No, because when you pay with cash you (person) get a receipt, as it is with paypal and visa, with anon electronic transactions you don't.

I lol'd some more.

1. How is it relevant how much I trade with? Smiley But no, I don't do 0.1 trades.

2. Anon transactions covers the tracks of the transaction (like cash):
If a merchant wishes to issue a reciept this is possible with anon transaction & cash.
If a merchant wishes NOT to issue a reciept this is possible with anon transaction & cash.

SirEGB

Activity: 142

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 10:37:09 PM

Period.

I lol'd some more.

1. How is it relevant how much I trade with? Smiley But no, I don't do 0.1 trades.

2. Anon transactions covers the tracks of the transaction (like cash):
If a merchant wishes to issue a reciept this is possible with anon transaction & cash.
If a merchant wishes NOT to issue a reciept this is possible with anon transaction & cash.

But isn't that the problem?  Companies especially large companies like Fortune 500 wants and requires accountability otherwise employees can easily steal money and you can't track it and you can't perform proper audits as required.  Anon is cool for laundering but for business, it's going to get abused by employees and the business will be scrutinized by the fed.  For example, look at darknet, it was cool for anon but now the fed is all over in it for the very same reason.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 10:54:33 PM

Well, just checked the price of the coin, and it looks rather lovely, I see.

Although the devs have hesitations, would anyone really mind if they just did the so-called dreaded coin swap/fork to TOR? I suggested a giveaway instead, but swap, giveaway, whatever... at least it's something.

I mean, how much lower could the coin go if you did the swap? At least you are doing it for a reason, rather than because the coin is broken. Either that better be one hell of a wallet upgrade the devs are working on, or they should just take a chance and do the swap.
APEXcoin_Team (OP)

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:21:05 AM

Just wanted to give a brief update. Wallet with webkit functions is mostly designed. Working out some quirks and issues. These things are not exactly copy & paste so take some time to get right, but we hope to get it to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
foxkyu

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 03:23:54 AM

Just wanted to give a brief update. Wallet with webkit functions is mostly designed. Working out some quirks and issues. These things are not exactly copy & paste so take some time to get right, but we hope to get it to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
finally some good news coming in
good job dev
i'll be patient
Stratobitz
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 03:48:05 AM

Period.

I would have to agree here. Full anonymity with electronic payments serve very little real world function.

The only reasons I can think of, as to why a person or entity would want or require FULL anonymity in a monetary exchange would be:

- Avoiding Taxes (Illegal)
- Purchasing Illegal Items such as drugs, weapons, etc. (Illegal)
- Funding regimes or making contributions to organizations who perform illegal activities. (Illegal)

Am I missing anything here? Because Bitcoin, paired to a hush mail or gmail account is honestly "anonymous" enough for 99.999% of most users. The CIA, FBI, or NSA are not going to, nor are they interested in "tracking" small BTC payments from person to person for ordinary purchases, and no one without the tools those organizations have exclusive access to are unlikely to be able to track down a BTC payment to a specific person.

If you ask me the entire "Anon" concept is just an over-hyped gimmick. Make a BTC payment to me. I doubt that ANYONE here would actually be able to track that payment to my actual identity.

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Strato
bamb

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 05:00:39 AM

Talking about serious dev! Well done!

██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: