Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:33:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Claymore's XPM (PrimeCoin) GPU Miner v13.2  (Read 41529 times)
Claymore (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325

Miners developer

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 07:59:19 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2016, 07:31:24 PM by Claymore

This is new thread for the miner, I created it because I cannot update OP of old thread, old thread is here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=557604.0
Please check old thread firstly, it contains a lot of useful information.

Current version - 13.2:

- Repacked to improve Windows 10 support.

Link:
https://mega.co.nz/#F!vhB2BCIA!ZuBRI_YyP-SztQnINK6xkA

Mirror:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B69wv2iqszefRjNHVjdvMkF2VDA&usp=sharing

Claymore's XPM GPU Miner.
=========================

Two versions are available:
1. Pool version, works with YPOOL.NET only.   YPOOL is dead.
2. Solo version, works with standard Primecoin Wallet.

Catalyst 13.12 is highly recommended for best performance and compatibility. Catalyst 14.x is supported as well, use appropriate version of the miner. Miner v13.1 is compiled for Catalyst 15.12.

You can try to set "GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT" environment variable as "100" for best performance.

This miner is free-to-use, however, current developer fee is 5%.

This version is for recent AMD videocards only: 7xxx and 2xx. No nVidia support.

This version is for Windows x64 only. No Linux support. No Windows x32 support.

This version has no GPU temperature and overclocking management. You can use "Claymore GPUs Control Utility" for that.

This version contains "Primecoin Profit Calculator" utility.

COMMAND LINE OPTIONS:

-o ypool address for pool version and Primecoin Wallet address for Solo version.

-u <username>.<workername>

-p password

-di GPU indexes, default is all available GPUs. For example, if you have four GPUs "-di 02" will enable only first and third GPUs.

-ss CPU load mode. 1 (default) - low CPU load so you can use several GPUs in one system. 0 - a bit higher mining speed but heavy CPU load, so if you have several
GPUs or slow CPU do not use this value. 2 - minimal CPU load so you can use many GPUs on slow CPU, mining speed will be a bit less. 3 - super-low CPU usage.

-t number of CPU threas that are used to load GPU. 4 by default, it is good value for most cases. You can try to use 8 if your CPU is slow.

-sd detailed stats mode. 0 (default) - show minimal statistics. 1 - show more detailed statistics. You can also enable/disable detailed statistics by pressing "s" key.

-nofee: set "1" to cancel my developer fee at all. In this mode some recent optimizations are disabled so mining speed will be slower by about 20%.
By enabling this mode, I will lose 100% of my earnings, you will lose only 15% of your earnings and also will save about 15% of electricity.
So you have a choice: "fastest miner" or "completely free miner but a bit slower".
If you want both "fastest" and "completely free" you should find some other miner that meets your requirements, just don't use this miner instead of claiming that I need to cancel/reduce developer fee, saying that 5% developer fee is too much for this miner and so on.

-log <filename>: enable some logging to specified file.

-r restart mode. 1 (default) - restart miner if some GPU failed. 0 - do not restart miner automatically (display message only).

-m GPU memory usage mode. 0 - most compatible mode, but a bit slower. 1 - average usage (default, can be unstable on some systems), 2 - high usage, maximal mining speed (can be unstable on some systems).

SAMPLE USAGE FOR POOL VERSION:

NsXpmMiner.exe -o ypool.net -u YourLogin.WorkerName -p YourPassword
or
NsXpmMiner.exe -o ypool.net -u YourLogin.WorkerName -p YourPassword

SAMPLE USAGE FOR SOLO VERSION:

NsXpmMiner.exe -o 127.0.0.1:7332 -u YourLogin -p YourPassword -xpm AeRaNNK1JbZNKQTaXLJfeVUWQ5cPN5BiRF
or
NsXpmMiner.exe -o 127.0.0.1:7332 -u YourLogin -p YourPassword -xpm AeRaNNK1JbZNKQTaXLJfeVUWQ5cPN5BiRF

Do not forget to specify your XPM address!

SUPPORTED CARDS:

290/290x/390/390x
280x/380x
270/270x
Fury

It is important to use Catalyst version which is required by the miner, otherwise you can get really bad performance or even fatal error like "invalid target".
For multi-GPU systems: disable CrossFire in Catalyst Control Center.

UNSUPPORTED CARDS:

6xxx and earlier. These cards will not be supported at all.

HOW TO CHECK IF EVERYTHING WORKS PROPERLY:

Press "m" to see a performance counter, total round time (TRT). Don't compare this value to other miners,
this value is not related to any other numbers of different miners.
You should see values like this:

70 for 290X
100 for 280X
150 for 270X

Less values are better, you can overclock cards or do anything you want to minimize these values.
Also note that CPU load must be less than 80%, otherwise GPUs won't be loaded completely.
Even identical cards installed on the same system may show slightly different values, it's ok.
Also do not overclock your cards too much, it can cause such bad things like a lot of invalid shares, total speed degradation, crashes and so on.
Note: if video driver crashed and Windows recovered it, you need to reboot PC, otherwise miner will work VERY slowly.

TROUBLESHOOTING

1. Install Catalyst v13.12.
2. Disable overclocking.
3. Reboot computer.
4. Try "-m 0" option to decrease GPU memory usage.

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT SOLO MINING

1. Use official Primecoin wallet with this miner.
2. Wallet setup: copy default "primecoin.conf" file from miner archive to "c:\Users\YourWindowsLoginName\AppData\Roaming\Primecoin" folder, then start wallet. Of course you can change
settings in "primecoin.conf" if you know what you are doing.
3. It is very important to have a lot of connections in Primecoin wallet, otherwise you will have many orphaned blocks.
So if you have only 8 active connections, you need to allow incoming connections, check related topics about it.

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT MINING XPM ON YPOOL

You cannot estimate your eranings until you run miner for at least 24 hours.
A lot of people start miner for 3-6 hours and then claim that they earn too small amounts.
Ypool calculates earnings based on last 160 blocks that were found by Ypool, so you need to wait
at least 5*160 blocks until you see real earnings, it is about 12 hours.
Another important thing is that Ypool gives you big share values only when you found 9ch or 10ch shares,
it takes several hours to find such shares, so to estimate your profit you need at least 24 hours of mining.

So the correct way to calculate earnings is: mine for 24 hours and then check your earning per block in pool statistics,
and multiplicate it by blocks that ypool finds per 24 hours. Or mine for 48 hours and then take earnings for last 24 hours.

Again: after 24 hours you will not see good XPM value in your ypool account, it is because it takes up to 24 hours to get good mining speed.
But when you drop mining you will get coins for the same time, so mining is fair. To get earning rate immediately after first 24 hours of mining
you need to open "stats" tab on ypool and select "blocks found", then click on latest block number that pool found and find your name in the list of all accounts.
See the XPM rate that you get per this block. Then open "overall pool stats" tab and see the number of blocks that pool found for 24 hours.
Now multiply your block rate by this number of blocks and you will get average earning that you will get within next 24 hours.
If you don't like such calculations you can just remember XPM that you got after 24 hours (A) of mining and then wait another 24 hours and check XPM again (B), then calculate earning for last 24 hours as B - A.

INFORMATION ABOUT MESSAGES THAT YOU CAN SEE DURING MINING

Sometimes you can get message "invalid share: reason share is outdated". It is ok, it just means that you found share too late, new block was just found but miner
did not get it yet and found share for old block. Such old shares are not accepted by server.

Sometimes you can get message "invalid share: reason Share failed Primecoin's CheckPrimeProofOfWork()". It is ok, you should not get such messages often,
mainly it shows when miner found large chain (length >7) and also found subchain 7ch, this subchain is incorrect since it is a part of larger chain. Larger
chain is accepted by server and subchain is rejected.

Please read Readme and FAQ in the first post of this thread before asking any questions, probably the answer is already there.
List of my miners: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3019607

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ans34

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:13:40 AM

In old topic yu said to use 13.12 drivers. But one card - 290x - works well with 14.4. So maybe it's not drivers only?
Claymore (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Miners developer

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:20:38 AM

In old topic yu said to use 13.12 drivers. But one card - 290x - works well with 14.4. So maybe it's not drivers only?

On 13.12 all cards are working properly. On different drivers versions it can work too, but in many causes it will work slowly, or won't work at all. That's why miner at starting shows "Catalyst 13.12 is required for best performance and compatibility".

Please read Readme and FAQ in the first post of this thread before asking any questions, probably the answer is already there.
ans34

Activity: 161

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:35:12 AM

And you are not going to adopt your miner to new drivers anyway?
Claymore (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Miners developer

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:40:04 AM

And you are not going to adopt your miner to new drivers anyway?

I will move to new drivers, but later, right now my code is optimized for 13.12 and it will take some time to optimize it for 14.x. AMD releases new versions all the time so perhaps I will wait for Catalyst 15 Smiley

djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 09:31:39 AM

reduced dev fee 5% wow thank you !!! before it was.... 5%
I am thrilled  Grin

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:36:39 AM

reduced dev fee 5% wow thank you !!! before it was.... 5%
I am thrilled  Grin
No mate, this is the XPM version... It was originally 10% Grin
a1binos

Activity: 201

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:41:34 AM

What about fail-over restart? Or restart by timer, just like xmr-miner? You promised it in next version, as I remember...
zokos

Activity: 136

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 10:27:52 AM

How much hash 7950 should have on this version  Huh
Claymore (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Miners developer

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:43:52 AM

What about fail-over restart? Or restart by timer, just like xmr-miner? You promised it in next version, as I remember...

Yeah I remember, but I had no time to add it in this version. Anyway it will be added soon.

patinencomun

Activity: 76
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 01:03:02 PM
Last edit: July 14, 2014, 06:31:14 PM by patinencomun

EDIT: REINSTALL 13.12 Driver solve the problem.

Modal window appear on V12

ERROR
Loop unroll: pragma unroll (line 321)
not unrolled because its trip count is unknow
same with line 430 and 391, and:

ERROR E010 Irreducible controlflow detected

On all machines with 7950, 290x, 7790...

Anyone else with this error?
Pinocchio

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:05:52 PM

Yeah, me.

Looks like version 12 does not even work with drivers other than 13.12. I don't want to use 13.12 drivers, because I use a lot of other software that benefits from using the latest drivers. I don't mind a 2% loss of speed, as long as the miner works properly. I get this: 

Code:
LOOP UNROLL:pragma unroll (line321)
Not unrolled because its trip count is unknown!
LOOP UNROLL:pragma unroll (line430)
LOOP UNROLL:pragma unroll (line321)
LOOP UNROLL:pragma unroll (line391)
Error: E010:Irreducible ControlFlow Detected
kev7112001

Activity: 479
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:01:21 AM

amazing how his update is the same speed as the opensource ver and came out right after also many pools support xpt and dev fees but he makes his users use ypool shows that he doesnt care for the coin and decentralization about has bad as cex.io with btc hashrate

MCXNOW MODERATOR
atp1916
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 05:25:51 AM

amazing how his update is the same speed as the opensource ver and came out right after also many pools support xpt and dev fees but he makes his users use ypool shows that he doesnt care for the coin and decentralization about has bad as cex.io with btc hashrate

I am going to counter the sheer idiocy of this post by giving Claymore a high five for constantly providing speedups and generally being a kickass dev.
kev7112001

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 06:10:06 AM

I am going to counter the sheer idiocy of this post by giving Claymore a high five for constantly providing speedups and generally being a kickass dev.

u must be thick or just retarded if u think that

or a paid off troll

MCXNOW MODERATOR
a1binos

Activity: 201

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 06:27:36 AM

who cares of the fee?
everyone equally pay's fee. So, it doesn't matter. Why don't you ask pool owners - why they take a mining fee?
Claymore (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Miners developer

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 06:28:50 AM

amazing how his update is the same speed as the opensource ver and came out right after

You could be a bit clever and check time of posts:
- My post about v12.0: July 14, 2014, 07:59:19 AM
- Latest opensource came out: July 14, 2014, 01:28:00 PM

So I have time-machine.
Anyway, I'm not going to feed trolls so I will ignore such things in this thread.

balanghai

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 06:48:48 AM

Does anyone here have a gpu farm currently running for primecoin?
Griffith
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:19:55 AM

who cares of the fee?
everyone equally pay's fee. So, it doesn't matter. Why don't you ask pool owners - why they take a mining fee?

pool operaters take a fee because it costs them money to run the equipment so that you can mine on thier pool. if they rent the equipement from a data center. it can be as high was 200$ a month for a dedicated server to run the pools you use. if they own it. it was sure as hell a lot more than 200$ to buy that equipment. so the fact that they take a fee is backed up by solid data.
kev7112001

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:27:06 AM

amazing how his update is the same speed as the opensource ver and came out right after

You could be a bit clever and check time of posts:
- My post about v12.0: July 14, 2014, 07:59:19 AM
- Latest opensource came out: July 14, 2014, 01:28:00 PM

So I have time-machine.
Anyway, I'm not going to feed trolls so I will ignore such things in this thread.

must be a broke time machine cause his 7.1 came out July 13, 2014, 09:44:56 AM plus we cant see your code but u can always be on his git page ready to up 1 every time which would be okay if u were opensource

MCXNOW MODERATOR
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: