Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:08:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ... 161 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [KEY] KeyCoin | Fair Launch | Daily Updates | 8/9 Status Update  (Read 188801 times)
Hel

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 11:08:01 AM

Trying to match transactions back to the originators wallet address.

Would you like me to give you a block height for you to test and tell me the originating wallet?

I can give you address that this program returns for given block height and amount.

Then you can check in the blockchain explorer if your wallet sent coins to this address. This is the logic behind this program.

However, four things can happen here:
a) you find that your wallet really sent coins to this mixer address - this case confirms that the deanonymization procedure works,
b) program doesn't work and it returns the wrong address - but you won't be able to prove publicly that you don't own the private keys of the addresses that sent coins to this (wrong) mixer address (returned by program),
c) program works and returns the right address but you deny that your wallet has the private keys of the addresses that sent coins to mixer address (returned by program).
d) program returns no address - in this it will probably have to be modified (search space has to be enlarged for example).

sooo in any of your scenarios you win? ignore activated

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WheresMyWallet

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 11:09:07 AM

Would you like me to give you a block height for you to test and tell me the originating wallet?

I can give you address that this program returns for given block height and amount.

Then you can check in the blockchain explorer if your wallet sent coins to this address. This is the logic behind this program.

a) you find that your wallet really sent coins to this mixer address - this case confirms that the deanonymization procedure works,
b) program doesn't work and it returns the wrong address - but you won't be able to prove publicly that you don't own the private keys of the addresses that sent coins to this (wrong) mixer address (returned by program),
c) program works and returns the right address but you deny that your wallet has the private keys of the addresses that sent coins to mixer address (returned by program).
d) program returns no address - in this it will probably have to be modified (search space has to be enlarged for example).

You beat me to it Hel.
It really doesn't matter that it can be proved false, he is still going to harp on at it like the missing gospel from the bible.
pbremen01

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 11:15:03 AM

Nobody wins. People must try it and see if this deanonymization process works in their cases or not.

The problem is that it is really hard to prove to the third parties that someone doesn't own some addresses. But people can easily prove this to themselves because they have list of all their addresses (if they show this list to the third party it can't be proved easily that the list is (or isn't) complete).

KryptoFoo

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 11:52:12 AM

blah blah blah

More blah blah blah

hopefully this guy has accumulated enough keycoin soon that he will just go away. Like roaches these trolls.
hoshigakiii

Activity: 295

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 12:27:10 PM

So low price.
RichardT

Activity: 391

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 12:29:58 PM

The problem is that it is really hard to prove to the third parties that someone doesn't own some addresses. But people can easily prove this to themselves because they have list of all their addresses (if they show this list to the third party it can't be proved easily that the list is (or isn't) complete).

So after all that, you're basically saying that in order for this to work, people need to know their own wallet addresses to prove that the coins came from their wallet? Well no shit.  Isn't that the whole point of anon? Only the person sending should know which address the coins came from.

Can't believe we keep feeding this troll (I'm guilty of this as well).  He's definitely persistent.
pbremen01

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 12:35:06 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2014, 12:45:29 PM by pbremen01

So after all that, you're basically saying that in order for this to work, people need to know their own wallet addresses to prove that the coins came from their wallet? Well no shit.  Isn't that the whole point of anon? Only the person sending should know which address the coins came from.

You didn't understand correctly. People who want to "prove" to themselves that this method of deanonymization works will have to know their own wallet addresses.

The receiver of the coins doesn't have to know wallet addresses of the sender because he can use this program to find them.
tristartek

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 01:17:49 PM

If youre NOT capable of showing that it doesnt work then your point is just as useles.  All you do is fud.  If you cant prove or disprove something yourself dont look for croonies to do it for you.  Obviously youre not intelligent enough to do it yourself.  You couldnt even figure out how to get on IRC.

So please explain what kind of proof that the anonymity doesn't work can someone provide when you don't have access to source code.

You have a program that deanonymizes anonymous transactions:

http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/2c6pax/program_that_deanonymizes_anonymous_keycoin/

and there is also a "recipe" how the transactions can be deanonymized:

http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/2c9obo/example_of_how_keycoin_transaction_can_be/

Anybody can try it.

About IRC: Did you manage to configure your system to access IRC without compromising your identity in the first try? FYI, many IRC servers block access from IP addresses that belong to anonymizing proxies (tor etc.).

Do you wear a tinfoil hat too?

BTC: 1KTg6RkiHjovXqVfVB1a74NPPXLnoL1HNf
tristartek

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 01:18:43 PM

If youre NOT capable of showing that it doesnt work then your point is just as useles.  All you do is fud.  If you cant prove or disprove something yourself dont look for croonies to do it for you.  Obviously youre not intelligent enough to do it yourself.  You couldnt even figure out how to get on IRC.

So please explain what kind of proof that the anonymity doesn't work can someone provide when you don't have access to source code.

http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/2c6pax/program_that_deanonymizes_anonymous_keycoin/

http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/2c9obo/example_of_how_keycoin_transaction_can_be/

Anybody can try it.

About IRC: Did you manage to configure your system to access IRC without compromising your identity in the first try? FYI, many IRC servers block access from IP addresses that belong to anonymizing proxies (tor etc.).

I've tried it, doesn't do anything, can't find any transactions being linked.
I've read all the replies to the post and again, no one else can get this to work.
I've followed his steps to the letter and nothing.
The only people saying this works is you and the original poster.

You tried to reproduce steps in this recipe?

Where (at which step) did you get different result?

Can you explain what do you mean by "transactions being linked"? There is probably no chain of transactions from the sender wallet to the recipient's wallet. That is the purpose of the mixer (if it is not broken). However, that doesn't mean that the recipient can't determine sender's addresses without having access to his wallet.

Did you try it? If not then you should stop writing in the thread RIGHT NOW, go to your commodore and try it yourself.  Stop looking for ppl to do your work for you. There have been about 5 to 6 ppl that have tried this and already said it does not work, including myself.  Are you really that diluted?

BTC: 1KTg6RkiHjovXqVfVB1a74NPPXLnoL1HNf
hoshigakiii

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 02:17:17 PM

I'm looking for reason why #1 on rich list gone? He had around 200k (20%).
I will watch what is going on.
WheresMyWallet

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 02:31:49 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if some people haven't taken at least a little of their profits out.
hoshigakiii

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 02:36:56 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if some people haven't taken at least a little of their profits out.

Little? 100-200k keycoins is a little?
MZD

Activity: 189

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 02:49:02 PM

Yes. Yes it is.
WheresMyWallet

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 02:50:21 PM

Yes. Yes it is.

Maybe they also split their wallets up a bit
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 03:11:09 PM

If youre NOT capable of showing that it doesnt work then your point is just as useles.  All you do is fud.  If you cant prove or disprove something yourself dont look for croonies to do it for you.  Obviously youre not intelligent enough to do it yourself.  You couldnt even figure out how to get on IRC.

Anybody can try it.

I've read all the replies to the post and again, no one else can get this to work.

Can you explain what do you mean by "transactions being linked"? There is probably no chain of transactions from the sender wallet to the recipient's wallet. That is the purpose of the mixer (if it is not broken). However, that doesn't mean that the recipient can't determine sender's addresses without having access to his wallet.

Just tried it and it doesn't work. 

I really don't see your point anymore.  Why don't you post a video of yourself using the program proving your correct?  Please don't tell me your to busy or you don't have your linux laptop with you again.

KryptoFoo

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:16:05 PM

Breakout imminent?

edit: never mind, don't want to jinx it
pbremen01

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:18:13 PM

Anybody can try it.

Did you try it? If not then you should stop writing in the thread RIGHT NOW, go to your commodore and try it yourself.  Stop looking for ppl to do your work for you. There have been about 5 to 6 ppl that have tried this and already said it does not work, including myself.  Are you really that diluted?

Yes, I tried it and I could exactly reproduce all the steps.

People are just saying that it doesn't work but no one is explaining which step doesn't work and why.

pbremen01

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:19:59 PM

Anybody can try it.

I really don't see your point anymore.  Why don't you post a video of yourself using the program proving your correct?  Please don't tell me your to busy or you don't have your linux laptop with you again.

Which step doesn't work?

What can be proved in video? I could use fake version of this program. But you can always compile the program, run it and check the results for yourself.
kreendurron

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:54:44 PM

Anybody can try it.

Which step doesn't work?

What can be proved in video? I could use fake version of this program. But you can always compile the program, run it and check the results for yourself.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110827193619/looneytunes/images/e/e5/Gunfade.gif
GOOD OL' ELMERS AT IT AGAIN!

He shall from this day forward be dubbed.... Elmer Fud
darkproton

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:23:13 PM

Yes. Yes it is.

Maybe they also split their wallets up a bit
I just needed to split it up. Cold wallets. No big deal.
Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ... 161 »
  Print  

Jump to: